Taking a Break

That Day in Spring

 

 

One month later...

 

 

A few notes escaped the old man's lips as he whistled a song he heard from the radio a few days ago, a tune he found, much to his surprise, weirdly addicting. He was of course nothing short of a noob when it comes to the current entertainment, after all, what more would a simple man like him need other than a bottle of soju and his irreplaceable Hwatu cards. He could never truly understand the generation of today with their strange words, unusual clothing, and their brightly colored hair that quite frankly, reminded him of peacocks, rainbows, and everything in between.

 

Aigoo, kids these days.

 

A few more steps and he would reach his destination. It may appear odd that out of the many available places he could purchase, he had to choose the one farthest to the main street. It was burdensome for most people, but for a man such as himself, seclusion had served its purpose well. For the last ten years since he moved in, he had always started his day visiting the market at the first sign of dawn so as to avoid the ruckus of nosy villagers who liked to meddle in other people's business and more often than not, he finds himself smacked right in the middle of it all. He had always tried to blend in with the others, but despite his efforts, people still branded him as the old scrooge for the sole reason that he lived in isolation from the rest. This notion seemed ridiculous since unbeknownst to them, there was someone else who occupied the house aside from him. 

 

However, if he was being honest, the past year had been rather tedious. With the new lavish hotels built around the area, tourists were hard to come by. Many preferred the luxurious suites rather than a homey atmosphere his own hotel provided. As of recent, only two names were registered in the guest's logbook. One was practically a freeloader and the other didn't even count, what with her being his neice and all. Life was hard.

 

The man finally arrived at his humble abode, an old building that used to be a fire station until it was closed down and later renovated to its current state. The outer facade decorated with bricks stayed the same save for the ingenious wall graffiti added to it. A sudden clang from the inside brought a sigh to his lips.

 

Oh boy, here we go again.

 

He uttered a silent prayer to the heavens before opening the door. He wiped his boots on the mat and removed them before placing it neatly on a nearby rack. He then turned around and calmly studied the scene in front of him.

 

"Please don't tell me you picked that up from the alley again."

 

The person in question looked at him blankly, her petite body concealing the object of their discussion. She was crouched at the open veranda, a metal slab that he assumed was a silver tray prior to its disfigurement littered on the floor beside her, surrounded with a pool of white colored liquid he surmised was milk. A few seconds passed and it seemed to him that they were suspended in some strange time loop, neither one moving nor uttering a single word. Another minute went by and he finally decided that this weirdness has stretched out for far too long, her unblinking eyes reminding him of that possessed doll in some horror movie he saw the other day.

 

The sudden meow pierced the silence like a blade and almost gave him a heart attack. Heaven forbid he'd die in an empty stomach. He placed the basket over the table and turned his attention to the girl. "Is that a cat?" he carefully asked, his tone a bit reproachful.

 

The girl leveled him with a look, her body going into defensive mode as she turned fully to protect her new-found 'project.'

 

"That depends," she replied cautiously.

 

"On what?"

 

She tilted her head and started sporting a look that would even make a newborn puppy proud. "Will you let me keep him?" she asks in a sickly sweet voice.

 

His answer was an immediate shaking of his head. The change in her expression was so fast that it was borderline comical.

 

"Well then, the answer is no. He's not a cat."

 

Aigoo, paboya.

 


He stifled a sigh as she stood up, nonchalantly carrying the infernal thing away from his line of vision as she strutted her way to her room.

 

"Yah, you rascal! Don't you dare keep that thing in this house! I already told you to stop bringing stray animals home! We don't even know if they're rabid!!"

 

He slapped his forehead in frustration. Heaven knows how he had silently endured all types of sh*t the day he took under his wing the epitome of devil may care. It was almost a year since they brought her to him. The poor girl had been in an unrecognizable state, so much so that he thought she wouldn't make it. But that was all in the past and what had come to pass should not be reminisced at this hour of day especially since he was yet to eat a proper meal. He scratched his balding head, a curse that must've been passed on from generation to generation, a known fact that even countless rituals down at the temple couldn't remedy. Male patterned baldness had definitely caused him zero chances of ever getting a love interest over the years, not that he was looking of course.

 

Ah, well, that's just life.

 

Besides, entertainment comes for free when Dara's around. Most days are efficiently spent on reprimanding the little critter and it's not half bad that she can actually do household chores like a forty year old butler.

 

"Samchon!!" The little bugger shouted as she slid down the fireman pole.

 

"Yah, this idiot! I told you countless times to use the stairs!"

 

He insisted on removing the pole years ago, but the architect informed him that a major reconstruction would be needed in order to do it, not to mention the hilariously big amount of fee he required for doing it. Short story told, the architect scurried home that day in fear of tasting the old man's nunchucks.

 

"Where's the fun in that?" She replied with a wink and not so gently punched his shoulder. 

 

The bugger had a mean punch and he almost lost his balance. Dara may possess the body of a child, but surprisingly had the strength of a sumo wrestler. Only a few people, him included, know how formidable this woman was despite her gawky appearance. Her sense of fashion, if you can call it, was next to nothing. Right now, she's clad in what she passionately refers to as her go-to outfit: a dark blue tracksuit that's two sizes too big for her matched with worn out shoes he'd been desperately trying to incinerate to no avail. The bird's nest on top of her head that modern people refer to as hair was kept in a low messy ponytail and secured with a rubber band. The curtain falling over her eyes did not help in boosting her appeal and only managed to make her look like she was begging for people to throw insults at her face. 

 

"What are you doing still standing there?" She looked at him curiously, one hand on her waist. Dara scampered her way toward him and pulled him to sit down on the floor in front of the low table. "Aigoo, Samchon! Is your hearing that bad? Shall I start calling you haraboji now?"

 

"Do that and you'll find yourself with no place to stay, you rascal."

 

She brought the back of her hand to and let out a low, unlady-like chuckle. "Omo, omo. Why the sudden hostility? So violent, tsk tsk. Mmmmm...you know what will cheer you up?" She asked animatedly as she reached out to hold the red cloth covering what he assumed was the meal she prepared. He had always wondered why she still bothered with all the theatrics when in fact, she's been doing this every single day.

 

Oh yeah, how can he forget? This is Dara. She practically invented the word crazy.

 

"Ta-daaaa!!" She pulled the cloth and revealed the breakfast she made which consists of the usual menu: egg toast, radish kimchi, cooked rice with red bean, tofu and short ribs. The newest addition to the group was a plate of red stuff carved like a...

 

"What is this...thing?" He carefully poked it with a chopstick.

 

"Oh those?" She asked while stuffing with radish, some of the sauce dribbling down her chin. Aigoo, this girl eats like a man. How can he possibly set her up on a date when she behaves like a street thug?

 

"Those are rabbit shaped watermelons," she replied with a mouthful of rice, some of it spurting out as she answered.

 

Ancestors, bless this unfortunate soul.

 

He picked one up and inspected it for any foul play. "What did you do? Stab them to death?" He felt her kick him under the table. When he looked up, she was already glaring at him, her untrimmed brows forming a straight line.

 

"Samchon!! I worked really hard to make them perfect! I even woke up extra early to carve them for you!"

 

He nodded and waved dismissively for her to calm down. Her nose was already flaring, not a very good sight to see. "Arasso, mianhe. I was only teasing you, Dara-ya."

 

She puffed her cheeks, a thing she usually does when she's annoyed. This only made him laugh. He put his chopsticks down and endearingly tapped her head to placate her. "I love what you did to the helpless fruit." She frowned again, but he doesn't let her talk. "It's very tasty. Thank you, my little rascal." 

 

A wide smile finally graces her features. It would've been a touching moment if not for the piece of radish stuck between her two front teeth. Now she really resembled a rabbit. He inwardly grimaced and started flicking her forehead with his fingers.

 

"Ah!! Ow! Oww! Stop!" Dara yelled as she dodged his attacks.

 

"You are hopeless! How can I find a suitable husband for you if you're like this?!" He continued pelting her with his trusty stick.

 

"Ow! But men are pigs! Ow, kyaaah!!"

 

"I'm a man, you idiot!"

 

She raised her hands in surrender. "I forfeit!! I forfeit!!" Dara stood up and swiped a few toasts from the table before scurrying toward the door, grabbing her cap and knapsack on the way.

 

"I'll be home late so don't wait up! And please watch over Tam-tam for me!"

 

"Yah! Who's tam-tam?!" He called out.

 

As if on cue, the little mongrel brushed itself on his ankle and purred softly. Great. Another mouth to feed.

 

Dara waved from the door and blew tiny kisses toward the cat's direction. "Mommy's gonna be back for you later, Tam-Tam. Listen to haraboji and don't make a mess, arasso?"

 

"Yah, who you calling grandpa?!"

 

"Bye, Samchon!!! Bye Tam-tam!!"

 

"Be careful at work, okay? Remember what I told you, if it comes back again—"

 

"Don't panic. I know, I know."

 

He narrowed his eyes pointedly at Dara. "Make sure you have Mino's number on speed dial—"

 

"Seriously. It's fine, Samchon. I can handle it, you know."

 

He sighed. "Whatever. Just...be careful."

 

"Aye aye captain!" She saluted and backed away, leaving the door open.

 

"Aiiisht. This kid," he mumbled under his breath as he looked over the road where Dara is now sprinting like she's in a freakin' marathon, her hair practically sticking out in every direction. He looked over the calendar hanging from the wall then back at Dara who is now at the end of the street and about to make a turn.

 

A few months. Maybe a few weeks more. Strange how fast time runs out when all you want is for it to stop. Tam-tam suddenly meowed and looked at him, tilting its head in silent query.

 

 

"Neh. Until then," he muttered, slowly closing the door.

 

 

 

GD's POV

 

 

"Are you n kidding me?!" I can't help but shout in frustration.

 

From the corner of my eye, I noticed the production staff conspicuously retreating from the room like ants splashed with cold water. They know better than to stay within a five-mile radius from me when I'm having a breakdown and right about now, I'm literally a breath away from exploding. With a disgruntled sigh, I vehemently flung the newspaper across the desk.

 

Damn that maknae. I'll murder him in cold blood when he gets back.

 

A heavy sigh pulled my attention to the corner of the room. I crossed my arms and scowled at his direction.

 

"What??" I snapped.

 

TOP hyung raised his water bottle and drank from it, his eyes never leaving mine. I counted to five and exhaled through my mouth.

 

"I know you're itching to say something so just spit it out, hyung."

 

He scratched the back of his neck before throwing the now empty bottle on the trash bin.

 

"Well...you did brought this upon yourself, Jiyong," he flatly stated with a slight shake of his head, the strands of his bright pink hair falling over his eyes. He was currently lounging on the couch with an arm draped over his thigh and a leg crossed over the other, the picture of total ease. "You know how Seungri's mouth is an all together different entity from his brain. Knowing his personality, you should've been careful with your actions. Now everyone thinks you're cheating on CL."

 

"Ya, Chaerin is like a sister to me. And FYI, I never said I was dating that other girl."

 

He raised a thick brow at me. "Really? It was hard to tell with all the skinship you were doing last night."

 

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed for the nth time today. It would seem like luck has been elusive from my grasp for the past year, each day an endless cycle of problems. I raised myself up from the stool and walked toward the couch, unceremoniously dropping myself beside him.

 

"This is absurd," I muttered under my breath, covering my eyes with one arm. I'm so damn tired all the time. "I was drunk like everyone else. Why make a big deal out of it?"

 

He sighed yet again and proceeded to hit my forehead with his knuckle. I jolted up from my reclined position.

 

"Yah!! That bloody hurts!!" I cried while rubbing the spot he hit.

 

His bored expression didn't even waver. "Aissht, pabo. I had to drag your screaming all the way back to the car, that's how. You even threatened to disown me for stopping you when you tried landing another punch in that guy's face."

 

"It was his fault." I sullenly stated and crossed my arms. "He grabbed me first."

 

"No doubt a natural thing for a guy to do because someone was flirting with his girl."

 

I snorted. "Blame the girl for initiating the flirting then."

 

"Oh?" TOP hyung's eyebrows went up as he heard my candid answer. "So are you saying you weren't at fault?"

 

"Yep," was my instant reply. I reclaimed my previous position, putting my hands behind my head and closing my eyes. "I was minding my own business and dancing to the beat. It was she who started running her hands all over me."

 

"Which you didn't stop, by the way."

 

I merely shrugged. Again, what's the big deal? It was a club. We were dancing. End of story.

 

"Still doesn't explain why you had to punch the living daylights out of that guy," he added.

 

I cracked an eye open. TOP hyung was leaning back on the couch in a similar position to mine. The only difference was that his eyes were open wide and glued to the ceiling.

 

"Like I said, he tried to hit me first."

 

"Which you were able to dodge."

 

"I was pretty good, right?" I gently elbowed him and eagerly waited for his answer.

 

You have to understand, whenever we go to clubs as a group, Seungri always manages to hoard the turntable and the party immediately goes haywire. I've always reprimanded him for being impetuous and careless to the point that he usually puts the rest of the members in a tight spot. But I gotta admit, sometimes I envy the little troublemaker. He can be spontaneous anytime he wants to and everyone just goes and accepts it coz that's how Seungri is.

 

I can't even talk to a girl without being accused as a playboy. my life.

 

"Good?" Top hyung scratched his chin in mock contemplation. "Hmmm...yeah, sure. If by good you mean miserably failing then yes, you were pretty good at being bad." I was about to protest when he cut me off by adding, "I have never wished for the ability to stop time more than I did last night. I mean, who the hell did you think you were? Bruce Lee?"

 

Whatever. 

 

"Oh and by the way, you owe me a new pair of shoes."

 

I furrowed my brows, confused as to why I freakin' owe him anything. "What? Waeyo?!"

 

"Because you poured your intestines all over it, you idiot."

 

Ooooh. That would explain the evil glare I got from him when I arrived at the recording room earlier. I initially thought it was due to my poor choice of clothing, no doubt the automatic side effect of post-inebriation. No place in this wide green earth would a metallic orange shirt have any business with a pair of yellow-black striped pajamas and white trainers I had doodled with during my drunken night. To give you a mental picture, I basically looked like a walking road sign.

 

I know, right?

 

Despite the disaster that was none other than myself, I still strutted around the building as if I was sporting the most recent fashion trend in the runway. That's what I call confidence, people.

 

Of course it's not like it helped matters at all.

 

When I woke up this morning, my skull felt like it was pounded by a jackhammer and drilled with titanium screws, my tongue tasted something bitter, and some of my hair got stuck together like it had been smothered with glue. I shuddered while remembering my reflection in the mirror earlier. The bags under my eyes were definitely out of this world. It's massive appeal would send Louis Vuitton out of business.

 

"Hyuuuung," I whined with complete abandon, punching his arm like a little kid trying to get his brother's attention. He tried to get me off him by shoving me away, but I still wouldn't budge. "The paparazzi's making me crazy!! It should've been a fun event. I mean it's an after party, what else am I supposed to do?"

 

"How about not get wasted? You just had to get drunk and let a random stranger perform a for you." He shook his head. "Even Seungri isn't that stupid."

 

"I already told you, she started doing that out of nowhere!!"

 

Top hyung finally managed to extricate himself from my hold (all thanks to his very flexible pelvis and sheer determination) sending me to slide down the floor with a thud. I pouted in frustration and crossed my arms, adamantly refusing to get up until these nasty rumors subside.

 

I scowled at his shoes. "I didn't even do anything. I merely put my hand on the wall behind her."

 

It's true. Sort of. I mean, I think I was going for the laid back, Do-your-worst-I'm-still-cool kind of swag pose. I never realized it came out looking like I was eye-n her. Stupid fantards.

 

He nodded in that patronizing way as if he's trying to humor a little kid. "The reason they think otherwise is because you let her kiss your neck. That definitely sealed the deal."

 

"Aisssht!! I was about to refill my glass with beer which was at her side!! I wasn't expecting her to turn around at the same time!!" I ruffled my hair in exasperation. "Besides, I swiftly apologized and moved away from her."

 

Top hyung had been suspiciously silent during my rant, furiously typing something on his phone. After a few seconds, he showed the screen to me. I squinted my eyes and realized it was the alleged evidence of my 'secret' relationship. There's the girl whose face you can't even see because her back was to the camera and then there's me with my unmistakable bright platinum hair, my face tilted to one side so that when this stupid photo was taken, it looked like she was giving me a hickey.

 

"I gotta hand it to them though, this shot is a money maker. Personally, if I hadn't been there and if I don't know any better, I'd probably think what they're saying is true."

 

I hurled a stuffed toy in his direction, dead set on aiming for his face. He ducked just in time. Damn hyung and his fast reflex. Out of helplessness, I grabbed the customized pillow given to me by one of my fans (this one has my face printed on it) and started screaming. He rubbed more salt into the wound with his deep chuckles.

 

"To be fair, they also took a picture of you with me on the background."

 

I immediately stopped bawling my heart out and yanked the phone from his grasp. It's true. There's a photo taken with the whole VIP lounge. He's at the seat across mine, a cryptic smile on his face as he drinks from his wine glass.

 

"What the hell were you thinking here?" I pointed to his face.

 

He shrugged indifferently. "What do you think?"

 

I shook my head and tossed the phone back to him. He caught it with one hand. "You're bingu TOP. Who knows what goes on inside that head of yours."

 

An ominous smirk appeared on his face when I said it and automatically, the hair at the back of my neck stood up in response. That smirk had always given me the creeps.

 

"Ahh!!!" I raised my hands in surrender, leaning back at the couch with my eyes glued to the ceiling. "I don't care what they say! It's all rubbish, anyway."

 

"There you go." Top hyung nodded in agreement. "You should be used to all the stupid rumors by now. I mean, it's not like this is the first time you've ever been in a scandal."

 

I shot him a glare.

 

"What? It's true though. Besides, you shouldn't dwell on that issue anymore. You still need to come up with a new song for our comeback concert."

 

Riiiight. The song. Ugh. I've been writing—well, more like, experimenting—for the last few months, but every single one ends up in the trash bin. Nothing ever adds up. Between TV guestings, appearances, radio shows, and fan meetings, I never really got down to it and the mood just ain't right. Call it a writer's block or whatever, the thing is, I'm totally spaced-out.

 

The expression I'm making must've given away my internal struggle since Top hyung looked at me curiously.

 

"Speaking of, have you started it already?" He asked.

 

I blew a mouthful of air and replied in a bored voice. "Kinda. It's a work in progress."

 

He looked like he didn't believe me, but chose to let it slide. His phone suddenly beeped, cutting our conversation and saving me from further interrogation. I looked at him as he read the message. He straightened and slid his phone inside his pocket.

 

"Sajangnim is on his way. You better be going."

 

I whined. "Do I really have to be there?"

 

"You got no choice, man. Besides, he probably wants to talk about your schedule just like he did with the rest of us. It'll be fast."

 

My schedule? I highly doubt it. I picked up my cap and started toward the door when Top hyung grabbed my shoulder. I turned around. I almost screamed when I saw how near his face was from mine. "What the hell?!"

 

I didn't think it was possible, but he wiggled and inched himself closer until our noses were touching. I swear I had goosebumps. And not even the good kind.

 

He whispered, "About the shoes—"

 

"Arassso, arasso." I nodded and swatted his hand away, eager to put distance between us. Brothers or not, this was waaaay too awkward. "I didn't forget. I'll buy you a new pair later."

 

"Oh don't worry about it."

 

Is he trippin'?

 

"What?"

 

He sashayed his way to the door, turned around and shot me his signature smirk. "I already bought one this morning. Your black card was so cooperative, by the way. Annyeong!!" He made a salute and bolted upstairs, leaving me standing there, utterly dumbfounded.

 

Damn this bastard. I sighed and made my way to the President's office, pondering over what he'd like to discuss with me when I heard my name come up.

 

"It's GD!! Oh my God!!! GD!"

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

 

"GD oppa!"

 

I adjusted my cap and waved coolly at the new trainees waiting outside the hallway. There were about twenty of them, all dressed in their best clothes—the boys with their cool bomber jackets and the girls all dolled up. I vaguely remembered my trainee days when I had been too nervous to present my composition to the President that I almost fainted. These aspiring singers were pretty much experiencing the same things we did before.

 

"Oppa!"

 

I turned around and saw CL heading toward me. I waved and waited for her. When she arrived, she automatically enveloped me in a hug which sent the girl trainees spazzing into oblivion. It was ridiculous, of course. Chaerin was like a little sister to me, but for some unfathomable reason, a lot of fans think we'd make a cute couple.

 

"How was the concert last night?" I asked CL and opened the door for her. Another bout of spazzing simultaneously happened. Sigh. "Sorry we couldn't come. The boys and I had prior engagements."

 

"It's alright. There were some glitches with the backtrack, but my team was able to fix it." She turned to me with a coy smile. "Heard you got into a fight last night, oppa. Funny though, I never took you for a cassanova." CL wiggled her brows, elbowing me in the ribs teasingly.

 

"Aigoo. I should get a dollar for every rumor they make about me," I grumbled in reply. "Don't bother listening to the news, the media always fabricate stories to make it sound more interesting. I doubt there's a pint of truth in it, anyway."

 

She shook her head. "Nuh-uh. Not mine. My source is a hundred percent reliable. She was there last night and scored VIP seats to your boxing match with a Chaebol's son." CL then laughed in that annoying way of hers as she pointed a finger at me accusingly. "She said you better stick to singing."

 

"Ya!" I stopped and glared at her. "Your source probably hates me. And FYI, I'm a known tough guy, thank you very much."

 

"Oh? Is that why you screamed for TOP and YB to hold the other guy?" She then made an aegyo expression by rolling her fists over her cheeks. "Jiyongie, oppa. Can you save me from the mean haters, too?"

 

I flicked CL on the forehead and she cried out.

 

"Jiyongie oppa will feed you to the devil, himself."

 

She stuck her tongue out childishly. "Where are you going anyway?"

 

"Sajangnim wanted to talk to me."

 

"Oh. You better hurry then. He doesn't like to be kept waiting."

 

"Well I like to take my time," I scoffed, raising a brow at her. 

 

Chaerin laughed and punched me on the shoulder. "Just go. I'll see you around, okay?" She then turned and gave me a wave without looking back. I trudged forward and stopped in front of President Yang's office, my hand hovering above the doorknob.

 

Omo. What if the thing he wanted to discuss was about that rumor? He must've heard it already. Aiiish. Should I run? I bet he couldn't find me if I make my escape now. I was about to turn around when I heard his voice through the intercom.

 

'Jiyong-ah, stop loitering outside my office and come in.'

 

Oh sh*t. I straightened my jacket and composed myself before entering. Hyun-Suk hyung was seated at the edge of his table, an ankle crossed over the other as he typed something on his phone. "Sit, Jiyong-ah."

 

I swaggered my way to the couch. "TOP said you wanted to talk to me."

 

He put his phone down and studied me under his calculating gaze. Five minutes passed in dead silence. Perspiration was starting to form on my forehead. "Is there a problem, hyung?"

 

"I don't know, Jiyong. You tell me."

 

Oh boy. This was not good. The guilt card has been pulled. The past conversation I had with Seungri echoed in my mind. 'Survival tip number one: Deny until you die. Owing up to your crime is something you should never do, hyung. Sajangnim likes to play mind games with his prey. Just pull out your innocent card. Works all the time.' 

 

I swallowed. Here goes nothing. "What do you mean?" 

 

Hyun-suk hyung merely crossed his arms over his chest. "Did you know that Lee Jae-Soo, the CEO of Grand Industries, wants to file a complaint against you for assaulting his son? It's a good thing both parties decided on an amicable settlement to fix yet another episode of your lapse of judgment."

 

"Amicable settlement?"

 

He nonchalantly waved his hand. "I offered to compensate for the damages you've done. In return, he swore to sweep the whole thing under the carpet."

 

"Why would you do that, hyung?!" I jumped from the couch and started pacing. "His jerk of a son started it!"

 

"You still don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter who initiated it, Jiyong. They handed you the bait and you foolishly took it." Hyun-suk hyung sighed and closed his eyes. "The way I see it, you only got two choices here. Either you let me assist you in getting appropriate medical attention or you take some time off like I suggested. I know some very skilled doctors who can help you with—"

 

"No," I answered vehemently with a shake of my head. "No doctors. I'm not gonna have people telling me what I should and shouldn't feel. I am more than capable of doing that myself."

 

"Will you please stop that? You're making me dizzy." I sat back with great reluctance. He nodded and continued his rant. "If you don't want the first option then I suggest you take my other offer. The concert is still a few months away. You have ample time to rest and clear your mind. Maybe some fresh air can help you get back in your zone. Who knows, you might even finish an entire album there," he added in a positive note.

 

I leaned forward, my elbows placed over my thighs as I considered his proposition. "What about the others? If I leave, what will happen to them?"

 

"The other members have their own solo gigs. You only have to worry about yourself, okay?"

 

"What about the rest of my work?" I reasoned weakly.

 

"I'll send someone over to fetch you during scheduled promos and the music video you still need to shoot." He fished out something from his pocket and handed it to me. "You will be staying here. Don't worry, I've already arranged everything. It's a nice place. Very private and remote. No paparazzi will ever bother you."

 

I checked the calling card and sighed, my head swimming with unvoiced reservations. "I should probably go home and get my stuff."

 

"There's no need." I looked at him questioningly. "I already told Taehee to pack your things. As a matter of fact, the car's already waiting outside."

 

My mouth gaped open. "How long have you been planning this?"

 

He shrugged. "Quite sometime. I had to think of a contingency plan in case another scandal comes up. And I was right."

 

I ran my fingers through my hair as I stood from the couch. "Look, I'm really sorry about it, hyung. I swear, it was never my intention."

 

"I understand. If you really want to make it up to me, go get your needed rest and come back as YG's golden ace. Not as Jiyong, but as G-dragon, Bigbang's leader." He gripped my shoulder. "Can I count on you to do that?"

 

I nodded. "I won't let you down, I promise."

 

"Good man," he said and patted my shoulder lightly. "Go now so you can get there before nightfall. Take care, Jiyong."

 

"Thank you." I bowed and opened the door. 

 

"Oh and one more thing..."

 

I turned. "Yes?" 

 

He looked at me seriously. "Play nice while you're there, okay?"

 

"I'll do my best." I closed the door with a chuckle.

 

What could possibly go wrong?