Final Chapter: Four Years Later

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Third Person's POV]

"Move!" The female nurse shouts as she pushes the wheeled bed with an injured man on it. "Step aside! Move!"

"What happened here?" Jinwoo appears beside the nurse and begins pushing the bed with her.

"This man was riding his bike when a car bumped into him causing a collision" The nurse answers.

"And what of his condition?"

"Neh." The nurse then flips a file. "Fracture of the femur. The medic who came with him already stopped the bleeding and gave basic first-aid treatment before coming here. His pulse is 140 bmp and he's fully conscious."

"Okay, i got it." Jinwoo then turns to the other nurse. "Call Doctor Oh from the Diagnostic Imaging Department. We need this patient to be scanned first just to be safe."

"Neh." The staff then continue to haul the patient into one of the hospital beds.

Jinwoo sighs, feeling tired. This is already his 7th patient this day. Jinwoo lets the nurses do their job and leaves the ER to take a breather.

"What a day huh?"

Jinwoo turns around and finds Lee Sungkyoung leaning against the wall, sipping a yogurt drink from one of the vending machines.

"Did you even have your break yet?"

Jinwoo smiles weakly. "Come to think of it, i still haven't eaten anything yet."

"Lucky for you i bought this extra drink on my way here." Sungkyoung then throws the spare yogurt drink towards him.

Jinwoo sloppily catches it. Sungkyoung smirks before taking another sip from her drink. Jinwoo laughs. Sometimes he just doesn't get what this girl is thinking. There were days that she would act mean towards him but there were also times that she would surprise him by acting cute and nice.

"Thanks." Jinwoo murmurs.

"So, do you think you're getting the hang of it? Being a resident, i mean." Sungkyoung suddenly asks. "Are you sure you're not regretting anything?"

Jinwoo blinks at his colleague. "Where's this coming from?"

"You could've been the most powerful man in Kimshin." Sungkyoung adds. "Instead you gave that authority to your younger brother."

"What's there for me to regret?" Jinwoo shrugs. "If anything, i'm kind of relieved. I'm not worried about him or the company. Jinhwan's a good kid and i'm sure he'll do great."

"Is that so?"

"I already told you before, being Kimshin's CEO is a temporary job." Jinwoo smiles. "The place i really want to be is here. Being a doctor is my dream."

Sungkyoung just rolls her eyes before throwing her empty juice box to the nearest trash can. "You really are a naive man, Kim Jinwoo."

Jinwoo laughs. Sungkyoung then sticks her tongue out and is making a weird face at him.

"I gotta go. I still need to check my remaining patients." Sungkyoung is about to leave but then pauses, remembering something. "Ah! I almost forgot, we're having a department dinner later and Chief Gang is the one paying this time."

"Oh, sorry but i think i'll have to pass." Jinwoo smiles apologetically. "My siblings and i are going somewhere this afternoon and we won't be back 'til dinner."

"Is that so?" Sungkyoung crosses her arms. "Oh well, it can't be helped." The female doctor then starts walking backwards. "I'll just tell the others, then."

"Thanks." Jinwoo then waves his hands.

*****

Jinhwan is going over the files that his secretary had given to him earlier when he suddenly hears a knock on his office door.

"Come in."

Jang Suwon appears. "Sajangnim, they're all ready for you now."

Jinhwan takes a deep breath before standing up. He straightens his suit, smoothing it before walking with Jang Suwon towards the conference hall.

"By the way, did you already take care of that thing i asked you yesterday?" Jinhwan turns to Secretary Jang.

"Ah! Neh, sajangnim." Jang Suwon nods once. "The flowers have already been delivered to your house."

The two of them finally reach the hall. Everyone in that room moves to stand upon Jinhwan's arrival. The young CEO gestures for everyone to sit and they all follow.

"Now, let us go with our monthly reports." Jinhwan begins.

The meeting goes on for hours. For this meeting's agenda, every sector of Kimshin Group should give their monthly reports including the performance of their assests. The meeting also includes the plan of expanding the company overseas.

"Then, i will leave the matter of our company's expansion to you, Cha Seungwon-ssi." Jinhwan turns to the Chief Operating Officer.

"Neh, sajangnim." The older man nods. "I will do that."

Jinhwan takes a deep breath before facing the rest of the board. "Anything else?" When no one responds, he moves to stand from his seat. "If there's nothing else, i'll be taking my leave first. I still have some things to do."

*****

"Weeeee~" Bobby is busy turning around using his swirving chair.

"Yah!" Yunhyeong who is just standing in front of him, shouts. "Are you even listening?"

"Give it up, Song." Taehyung is currently sitting on one of the sofas inside the room. "You know Bobby, he won't work if he doesn't feel like it."

Yunhyeong sighs heavily, shaking his head. "Jaebal Bobby-ah, you need to act as a CEO for once." He places the file on top of Bobby's desk. "Running a gaming company is not a joke."

Bobby stops fidgeting around his seat and turns to face his friend. "Relax. We're still starting with this kind of business so there's no need for us to hurry."

"Yah! That's what i'm worried about." Yunhyeong then turns to Taehyung. "Yah! Help me out here, V."

"What do you want me to say?" Taehyung shrugs innocently. "The fact that our first game was a success all thanks to Bobby only proves that he has a business sense unlike with any other in our group so don't worry."

Yunhyeong rolls his eyes and groans. "Why do i always have to be mixed up with a bunch of idiots? Anyway, i need you to check this new program. We're going to use this for that new game we're currently developing."

"Not now." Bobby stands up, grabbing his coat. "I have an important schedule after this."

"Yah!" Yunhyeong attempts to stop his crazy friend from escaping. "Come back here! We're not done yet."

"Just leave that on my table and i'll check it first thing in the morning." Bobby grins before running outside his office.

*****

"God! Where's that girl when i need her?" Jessica Jung groans.

"I'm here!" Jisoo appears with a bundle of clothes stacked on her arms. "I'm right here, Jessica."

Jessica narrows her eyes towards her intern.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo forces a smile eventhough her feet are hurting. She's been running around endlessly, checking all the clothes and the models. "I was just checking the other models."

"Where's that dress i asked of you?" Jessica asks, not caring how hagard Jisoo looks.

"Ah! Wait a minute." Jisoo tries putting the dresses down on one of the tables which is also happens to be where coffees are.

The dresses knock down one of the cups, staining some of them in the process.

"Yah!" Jessica shrieks. "Those clothes are precious merchandises! You don't just put them anywhere! Just look at it! It got dirty!"

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry." Jisoo keeps bowing her head. "I didn't mean to. Ah, otteokke? I'm really sorry, Jessica."

Jessica sighs heavily, closing her eyes. She massages her temples. The famous designer turns to kne of her senior assistants.

"Yah, take over her job and you!" Jessica turns her slitted eyes towards Jisoo. "Take a break. You obviously need it."

"Neh." Jisoo looks down, feeling ashamed.

Jisoo heads towards the farthest corner of the studio and sits down on one of the lined chairs. Just then, her phone beeps. She fishes her phone out and sees the message Mino had sent.

A Cafe Somewhere Near Jisoo's Workplace:

"Jisoo! Over here!" Mino smiles while waving his hand.

Jisoo sees him and heads to sit on the opposite chair, facing Mino. The guy smiles but it disappears when he notices Jisoo's tired expression.

"Uh-oh. What is it this time?"

Jisoo groans, covering her face with her palms. "I screwed up big time."

Mino pushes the coffee jelly drink he ordered for her towards her. "Did she finally fire you?"

"Oppa!" Jisoo snaps at him. "That's not even funny."

"Why don't you just quit and get a job at Kimshin?" Mino sips his java chip drink. "You have your own clothing line, right?"

"I already told you. I want to do and achieve something on my own." Jisoo sighs defeatedly. "I don't want people say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter