Getting Down to Business

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Next Day:

[Jinhwan's POV]

I keep walking straight to our Dean's office. I nod to the staff who's minding the Dean's secretarial works.

"Good morning Kim Jinhwan-ssi." The woman greets. She pushes her eyeglasses back before looking down to her record book, searching for something. "Do you have an appointment to the Dean?"

I try to smile at her. "No but he's expecting me."

"Oh." The woman blinks before smiling back at me awkwardly. "This way then, sir."

The woman guides me towards a door with a written name of our Dean on it and his position under it. The woman then leaves me. I knock  on the door.

"Come in." Our Dean, Lee Seonwoong answers from behind the door.

I enter and the older man's left eyebrow immediately shoots up upon seeing me. I actually lied to the secretary earlier. Lee Seonwoong isn't expecting me or anyone at that matter.

"Kim Jinhwan-ssi." The older man straightens. "I didn't know we have an appointment today. Please, have a seat."

I smile before settling down on his sofa. Lee Seonwoong sets aside the folder he was reading earlier and heads to sit on the sofa adjacent to me.

"So, what can i do for you?"

My face straightens. "I came here to offer you a deal."

The Dept. Head's eyebrows shoot up. He leans back to his chair and stares at me. He's curious alright but wary at the same time.

"K2." I murmur and the older man can't help but flinch upon hearing that familiar name.

"Where did you hear that name?" Seonwoong's eyebrows furrow.

I smirk and lean towards him, whispering. "I think we have a lot of things to talk about."

*****

[Jinwoo's POV]

"Yeobseyo?" I answer my phone as soon as i get into my car.

Kush and Zion.t follow with Kush acting as the driver.

"Neh, Cha Seungwon-ssi? Neh?"

I see Kush glancing behind me through the rear view mirror. He might've been worried when i intentionally raised my voice, sounding surprised. I try smiling at him to reassure him that i'm fine.

"Neh, i'll be there." I end the call and turn to Kush. "Hyung, change of plans. Instead of going to the company, we're going to Kimshin General Hospital."

This is already my second day as Deputy Chairman of Kimshin Group. Yesterday, i spent my whole day memorizing the names of all our board members and shareholders. Cha Seungwon also taught some of the basics on how to run a company.

"Neh, young master Jinwoo."

When we arrive at the Hospital, a fair number of high-ranking doctors and staff welcome us. They all bow their heads, greeting us. They all look nervous and flustered upon meeting the future CEO of Kimshin Group for the very first time. I smile at them and it widens upon seeing Hyunsung-samcheon from the gathered crowd.

"Welcome, Deputy Chairman Kim Jinwoo!" Being the Director of the said Hospital, Hyunsung-samcheon leads the rest of the doctors in greeting me by bowing his head.

"It's good to see you again Samcheon." I smile and start walking along with the rest of the staff.

"Seungwon-ssi called me earlier." Samcheon starts to talk. "He said something about you, taking charge of reviewing the proposal for the acquisition of assets from EXTOL. Just a fair warning though, your aunt still has some men in the board."

"Don't worry, samcheon." I wink at him. "I already reviewed all the files about it. Just set a meeting for me with the rest of the hospital's board members and i'll take care of the rest."

*****

[Third Person's POV]

It's still so early and yet all the doctors and staff whether on duty or not are already scampering around, either tying their neckties or fixing their hairs.

"Doctor Gang!" Doctor Lee Jaejin, one of the Department Heads of Kimshin General Hospital calls. "Aren't you going?"

The interns under the Emergency Department scowl. They exchange questioning looks before turning to their Team Leader.

Gang Dongwon sighs. "Is it neccessary?"

"What are you saying?" Doctor Lee gapes.

"Let the geezers handle the formalities." Doctor Gang grits. "My job is here. These people need me here."

"You haven't changed, Gang Dongwon." Doctor Lee just shakes his head, walking away.

"What's going on?" Seokjin leans towards Irene, whispering. "Why are they acting strange?"

"I don't know." Irene shrugs. "Maybe a VIP is coming."

Sungkyoung hears them and can't help but scoff. "It's not just a VIP."

Her fellow interns turn at her. Sungkyoung then looks at Jang Kiyong and smirks. Kiyong sees it and immediately throws her an annoyed look.

Kiyong was surprised as much as Sungkyoung was the night Kim Jinwoo revealed his true identity as Kimshin Group's future CEO. He couldn't believe that the boy his father took care of for the last ten years was the very same guy who showed up in this hospital, disguised as an intern. Is he even a doctor? How come his father didn't tell him about this? Were they trying to make fun of him? Was this because he's in a romantic relationship with Heejeong, the daughter of the supposed to be usurper? Whatever the reason was, it made Kiyong bitter towards his father.

"Kimshin Group's Deputy Chairman is coming." Sungkyoung tells them.

"Mwo?" Jin gets choke by his own spit.

"Omo, omo!" Irene gasps. "They're coming! Ottokke?"

All the staff pause to have a glimpse of the rumo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter