Too Late

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At School:

[Bobby's POV]

My friends and i are walking along the corridors of the Computer Science Department.

"How's Jichu doing by the way?" Taehyung asks and i can't help but glare at him.

"Don't ever call her that." I hit Taehyung on his forehead.

"Yah!" The latter squirms, reaching out to massage his aching forehead. "That hurt, man!"

"If you knew it would hurt then you shouldn't have said that from the start." Yunhyeong rolls his eyes.

"But i can't help it and besides, Ji--" Taehyung pauses when he sees me narrowing my eyes at him. "Jisoo seems to like the nickname i gave her."

"No one in our family calls her Jichu." I glare at Taehyung. "Don't give my sister any ridiculous names. It's weird." I shiver.

We're about to head to our next class when we pass by Park Jinyoung and his friend, Min Yoongi. Park Jinyoung glares towards our direction before retreating inside their own classroom. When the two of them are out of our sight, Taehyung immediately leans towards us to whisper.

"Why is he always glaring at us every time we come across his group?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Yunhyeong rolls his eyes. "He's threatened by Bobby. Ever since our friend arrived here, his ranking dropped and became only number two in the list of the most skillful and feared hackers within our secret society."

"Pfft." I blurt out, containing my laughter. "Feared? Me?"

As far as i know i am known to be the school's joker. Everyone finds my antics to be funny and that is one of the many reasons why girls are helplessly drawn to me. I always laugh and kid around my friends and even reaching to the point where the teachers are dragged into my ridiculous schemes against their wills, earning me a detention or two.

"Yah, don't get it into your head." Yunhyeong hits me at the back of my head. "When we say feared, it is also as good as being popular."

"And besides, no one outside this school knows about your true identity." Taehyung says. "Well, maybe except for the teachers. Anyway, hackers outside are still in a buzz about an unknown hacker called Bobby, who suddenly showed up out of nowhere."

"But i must say, Park Jinyoung also has the skills of a professional hacker." I tell them truthfully. "I think he's better than the others i faced back in ia."

"I heard his thesis got rejected by the other professors though." Taehyung whispers. "They said that it can be a threat to national security."

"Yah! Don't exagerate." Yunhyeong scolds. "The professors just spotted some errors while reviewing it."

"What was it about anyway?" I ask out of curiousity. "Park Jinyoung's thesis, i mean."

"Didn't you hear us talking about it yesterday?" Taehyung tilts his head to the other side.

"Yah, he was not listening at all." Yunhyeong reminds him.

Taehyung clears his throat before speaking again. "It seemed like Park Jinyoung developed a device that can alter any security system. It's a chip that can erase any security program."

Hmm~ that sounds kind of familiar. "A chip? What exactly does it look like?"

Taehyung frowns, getting curious as to why i'm getting interested. "Hold on, i think i still have that prototype he was handing out the day he proposed it to the professors."

Taehyung checks his pockets and when he reaches something from his back pocket, i tense and release a breath that i unnoticeably holding.

"Oh! Here it is." Taehyung hands me the chip.

My eyes widen. It looks exactly the same from the one i found inside our home security system which i happened to install myself. That being said, it should have been impenetrable.

After raiding and trashing Jisoo's room, i decided to check our security system and found a chip which was forcibly inserted in our security mainframe. Honestly, i got pissed and was in denial when someone had managed to break into my own security program.

But that is not exactly the problem here. Park Jinyoung developed this chip. Does that mean it was also him who broke into our house? A sudden rage starts to stir inside of me. I clench my fist and turn around, retracing my footsteps.

"Yah! Bobby!" I hear Yunhyeong, calling my name. "Where are you going?"

I finally spot the person i'm looking for. My eyes are settled on the guy, my jaws clenching with rage. It's this idiot's fault why my sisters got a scare in their lives.

"Yah! Park Jinyoung!" I grab the guy's collar and push him against the wall.

"Hey!" Min Yoongi, being Park Jinyoung's friend immediately intervenes. "Let him go!"

I turn to glare at him. "I wouldn't do that if i were you."

Just then, both Yunhyeong and Taehyung have managed to pull Yoongi away from me.

"Stay out of it." Yunhyeong warns.

Yoongi glared and is about to retaliate but Taehyung immediately grabs a hold of his shoulders, pulling him back.

"Sorry, man." He smiles apologetically. "But i think you have to sit this one out. You don't want to get into Bobby's bad side, trust me."

I shift my attention back to Park Jinyoung. My solid, cold stare is unsettling, making him flinch.

"What do you want?" Jinyoung asks, taken aback.

I show him the chip Taehyung had given to me earlier and the one i found in our home security system the night Jisoo's room got ransacked. I see how Jinyoung's face turns from being scared to being curious.

"I believe it's yours." I growl.

"Ye-- yeah." Jinyoung stutters. "I made it for my thesis but--"

"Then, tell me why it was in our home security system." i shout, jerking the poor guy. "Are you a spy? Who hired you?"

The other students back away in fright, watching me toasting a guy who is clearly a year older than me.

"Please. Let me go." Jinyoung closes his eyes, looking terrified. "I don't exactly know what you're talking about but it's true that the chip was made by me but i already sold that prototype to someone else."

"Who?"

******

[Jennie's POV]

It's obvious it's me they're all staring at. As i make my way to my next class, i can't help but notice these students looking at me like i'm a new specie. I shift my shoulder b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter