Kimshin's Heir

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jinhwan-ah, i need you to stay for a while." I tell my younger brother. "There's still something i need to talk to you about."

Jinhwan furrows his eyebrows but doesn't say anything back while the rest of our siblings choose to head back to their own bedrooms to rest. The younger sits on the sofa adjacent to me and gives me a curious look. Jinhwan looks behind him first to check if there are any eavesdroppers before speaking to me.

"What is it hyung?" Jinhwan asks. "Is there something wrong?"

"What can you say about our Aunt Hee Ae?"

"What do you mean?" Jinhwan's eyebrows furrow. "You can see it clearly. Aunt Hee Ae doesn't like us. She dispises us, her own flesh and blood."

I sigh. "You're right. She's too greedy for her own good. She's afraid of us, thinking we're going to stand in her way to power."

There's a long silence that follows. Jinhwan grits his teeth and tightens his grip on his already crumpled jeans.

"I'm afraid she's not going to stop until she gets what she wants even if it means hurting us." I pause. "But i won't let her hurt our family."

"What do you intend to do now, hyung?"

"I've been thinking, Jinhwan-ah" i pause to look at my brother. "The way i looked at our surroundings after our house got ransacked that night had never been the same. The people i used to trust with my own life became suspiscious persons in front of my eyes and i hate that feeling."

"What do you mean hyung?" Jinhwan looks confused. "You're scaring me."

"We can no longer trust anyone, Jinhwan-ah." I lean closer towards him. "And we can't actually keep relying on Seungwon-ahjussi to manage the company matters on our behalf while fending off Aunt Hee Ae's influences at the same time."

"So what are you going to do now?" Jinwhan asks me.

"I think it's time for me now to take the reins." I answer. "I'll take this matter into my own hands."

"Hyung." Jinwhan's expression softens.

"I won't let them scare us anymore." I say. "I especially won't give our Aunt the power to hurt any of us. I will fight not for the sake of the company but for our family."

Jinhwan smiles, looking proud. I can tell that he's touched of my decision. I am too.

"But..." I pause and Jinhwan immediately scowls. "When all of these are finally over, i'm going to leave the company to the hands of someone who's more suitable to manage it."

Jinhwan's eyes widen. "Hyung! You're not actually going to give the company up are you?"

"Actually, i will if given a chance." I sigh and look at my younger brother defeatedly. "You know far too well where my passion lies. I want to be a Doctor Jinhwan-ah. I want to cure people of their sickness."

Jinwhan purses his lips. "Hyung, as your brother, i want nothing else but your own happiness..." Jinhwan pauses. "...but you can't just leave Kimshin to someone else. Just whose hands are you going to trust to take care of our family legacy?"

I smile. "Yours."

Jinhwan blinks. "What?"

I laugh softly. "I know how much you care for this company and i really appreciate how you're trying to keep our family legacy alive." I tell him. "With your passion and dedication, i know for sure that Kimshin will rise even higher with you as the new leader."

"I don't understand, hyung." Jinhwan still looks confused.

"I'm naming you Heir to Kimshin Group." I say bluntly. "Kimshin is yours."

Jinhwan bites his lower lip.

"But for now, i'll take care of this problem on my own." I tell him. "I'll take a break from my internship and participate to the company's discussions instead with Seungwon-ahjussi to guide me. If possible, I'll do the fighting myself. I don't want my siblings to get caught in the board members' evil plans."

"Hyung--"

"Don't worry." I try to smile. "I won't be fighting alone. There are still some loyal members left in the board who still support me and once i take part in the company's discussions i'm sure they will change their minds about me being just a spoiled brat."

Jinhwan finally nods. "Don't hesitate to ask our help if you need it, hyung. You know we'll always be behind you no matter what."

I nod, smiling. I reach out to pat my brother's shoulder.

"No doubt, i'm going to ask your help in the future." I say, scowling.

"What is it, hyung?" There's concern in his voice.

"Listen to me Jinhwan-ah." My voice deepens. "If we don't find that will grandpa had left for us, there's a possibility of Aunt Hee Ae, askin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter