Get Ready? Showtime!

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep tapping my foot against the marble floor, getting impatient. I check the time on my rolex wristwatch and see that it's almost 7 o'clock in the evening. We're gonna be late!

"Yah! Hurry up or we'll leave you behind!" I shout while pounding against the door to Jisoo's room.

The door suddenly opens, reaveling Jisoo on her elegant, jewel-embedded, black dress. She scowls before flipping her black hair on the side.

"Yah! Bobby Kim. Don't compare us girls with you boys." Jisoo dabs my chest, making me wince in pain. "We need more time to prepare ourselves, right Jennie?"

Both Jisoo and i look behind her and see our little sister wearing her beautiful, floral, lavender dress. No doubt, one of Jisoo's masterpieces. Jennie smiles awkwardly but i must say, she looks stunning with her hair tied into a ponytail.

"Are you two done here?" I ask. "Everyone's waiting downstairs."

The two girls nod then proceed outside. When we reach the stairs, i graciously offer my arms to the girls and they gladly take it, hooking their arms into mine.

"You girls look lovely." Jinwoo-hyung compliments as soon as we reach the last step of the flight.

"And you as well." Jisoo unlinks her arm from mine to hook it around Jinwoo-hyung's.

Jinwoo-hyung looks like a chaebol with his blue tux on. He looks elegant and sophisticated that you'll feel inferior as soon as you lay your eyes on him.

"Unlike someone here." Jisoo lays her eyes on me.

I raise an eyebrow. Unlike Jinwoo-hyung, i chose to wear something less formal. I'm wearing a black turtleneck underneath a white coat paired with a ragged, black jeans.

"And what are you even wearing?" Jisoo turns to Hanbin.

Hanbin and i are practically wearing the same thing except for his inner shirt which is just a simple gray sweatshirt underneath his black coat.

"This is what i'm comfortable with." Hanbin reasons. "And it's not like we want to be in that party in the first place."

"Quit it." Jinhwan-hyung scolds. "We shouldn't be fighting among ourselves. The true enemy is waiting at that party."

Jinhwan-hyung looks dashing wearing his long, white shirt that is hanging freely down to his thigh underneath a black coat paired with a tight, black jeans.

"Here." Our youngest, Donghyuk starts to hand us our masks for the party.

For me, Donghyuk looks the coolest among us that evening with his black inner shirt underneath his gray coat that is left ed.

"Are you all ready?" Jinwoo-hyung turns to face us after wearing his extravagant mask.

I smirk. "It's showtime!"

We head outside and ride the family limousine going to the party. The whole ride is quiet. No one's talking except for Jinhwan-hyung who is busy talking to someone over the phone.

"So what's the plan?" I ask and everyone's gaze falls on me.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asks beside me.

"My dear sister." I wiggle my forefinger in front of her. "You can't just enter an enemy's lair without having a plan."

"We should stick together." Jinhwan-hyung hangs up and puts his phone away. "The more of us there are, the more attention we'll get."

"And why would we want all the attention of the people in there?" Hanbin asks, raising his left eyebrow.

"We have to. We need to remind them who's the real alpha around here. And what better way to announce our presence than attending this charade of a party?" Jinhwan-hyung answers. "Not to mention, it'll intimidate the old hag. She wouldn't be able to execute her plans with us hogging all the attention of her guests."

"I like that plan." I smile wickedly.

"We're here." Donghyuk says.

"Alright." Jinhwan-hyung claps his hand. "Everyone, into position."

Each and everyone of us reaches for our own mask. I turn to my twin sister, smirking and offer her my arm that she gladly takes.

"Now, listen." Jinwoo-hyung says before turning towards the car door. "I don't want you to get pressured. Remember, don't be nervous and just stay close to one another."

"Let's just get this over with." Hanbin says, looking impatient.

Jinwoo-hyung opens the car door, revealing hundreds of people waiting to have a glimpse of the newly arrived guests. Camera flashes are everywhere. Reporters begin to swarm around us. If it wasn't for our security guarding us, we could've been squashed. The other guests who are lining and walking at the red carpet are also starting to take notice of us. They're seemed curious of our identities.

"Who are they?" Asks one of the reporters to his colleague.

Our eldest is leading us to the red carpet while he smiles and waves to the cameras. Jinhwan-hyung is following behind him, looking stern as ever. Then, there's us. Jisoo and i walk side by side with my right palm pressed at the lower portion of her back, guiding her. We keep smiling and sometimes even stopping in the middle to pose in front of the cameras. Behind us is the other twin. I can tell that Jennie is very nervous. She keeps squeezing Hanbin's arm which is linked to hers. Donghyuk is following behind them, not a single smile on his face that makes him look mysterious.

"Oh my god!" One of the guests exclaims. "Aren't they the famous Kim siblings?"

"Who?" Her friend asks.

"Kimshin Group's Kim siblings!" She begins to gawk at us. "Omo! They finally decided to show up! And that guy in the blue tux must be the Kimshin's Heir, the ever so elusive, Kim Jinwoo."

"Omo! Even if i can't see his face behind that mask, i can still tell he's handsome."

I frown. Am i invisible or what? Why are they only talking about Jinwoo-h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter