Hee Ae's Scheme

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jinwoo's POV]

I scratch my head again. I keep tapping my right foot against the marble floor of my office.

"This doesn't make sense." I mumble. "Why are these accounts don't much on my record tally?"

I start to bite the inside of my bottom lip, feeling suspiscious so i pick up the telephone and dial my secretary's number.

"Jang Suwon-ssi, can you come in here for a moment?"

After a few seconds, i hear a knock on my office door and Jang Suwon peers inside.

"You called for me buhoejangnim?"

"Ah, neh." I hold out the stack of papers for him to see. "Are you sure these are the only reports you got from the chief financial officer?"

Juwon frowns. "Neh. I asked his secretary earlier since chief Bae was out at that moment. I actually saw his secretary pull out all of the files from their record box."

"Hmm~ Is that so."

"What is it, sir? Is there a problem?"

"I think there's something wrong in chief Bae's reports." I rub my chin, frowning. "The amount just doesn't add up."

I study the files again. I'm actually not sure what i'm doing right now. I'm not a business major. I mean these reports seem alright but the tax revenues of our every transactions are kind of questionable.

"You can always ask chief Cha's help." My secretary suggests. "He said you can come to him if you need any."

I contemplate. "You're right. I guess i'll have to talk to him later."

"Uh~ sir?"

"Hmm?"

"I forgot to tell you that chief Cha is actually not around."

"What? Where is he, then?"

"He actually left for a business trip in Canada." Suwon answers. "He won't be back until next week."

"That's odd." I my bottom lip. "When did he leave?"

"This afternoon. He actually left in a hurry." My secretary pauses when he notices that i'm not paying attention anymore. "Sir? What are we going to do now?"

I blink and turn to him. "Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it myself. Thank you, Jang Juwon-ssi. You may leave now."

"Neh, buhoejangnim."

I lean on my table before snatching my phone away from my pocket. I dial Cha Seungwon's number and he answers in the second ring.

"Ahjussi?"

"Oh, Jinwoo-ah." Cha Seungwon greets. "Sorry i left without prior notice. Hee Ae dumped me this business meeting earlier. What is it?"

I bite my bottom lip. Seungwon-ajhussi seems busy. Do i have to tell about this anomaly i found in chief Bae's reports? What if i'm just overthinking it? Maybe i'm just misunderstanding its meaning. Oh well, i can always ask chief Bae's explanation. They're his reports after all.

"Nothing." I answer. "I was just wondering why you left so suddenly."

"I see." There's a long pause. "Remember, you can always tell me anything. I'll always be there to lend you a hand. After all, i'm the one who brought you into this."

I smile, thankful that i have these people around me. "Thank you Seungwon-samcheon."

I hang up and sigh, closing my eyes. You can do it Jinwoo-ah. These people are expecting something from you. Don't let them down now.

I snap my eyes open and start to review the accounting reports again with renewed determination.

*****

[Hee Ae's POV]

"Sajangnim!" Jungnam suddenly barges inside my office without even knocking.

I glare at him. "What is it this time?"

"There's a problem!"

I furrow my eyebrows.

"It seems like the young Heir has started to dig into the company's account!"

I stand. "What?"

"What do we do?" Jungnam asks, panic etched all over his face. "Do you think they'll find out?"

I start to bite my lower lip. I pace around the room, thinking hard.

"He won't be able to find any anomalies." I try to convince myself. "He won't able to find we're connected to this. Our transactions are clean."

"But--"

"I know!" I shout. "We can't be certain about it. We somehow need to deal with my nephew."

"How?"

I pause, thinking again for the best solution to get rid of my troublesome nephew.

"We don't have a choice but to use the last card we have." I look at my chief finacial officer. "We're going to request to the board for his dismissal."

Later that Day:

"Thank you all for coming despite of my short notice." I smile.

I look at the people around the table. There are Lee Jaejin, director for constructions and hotels, Lee Hyunwook, director for energy production, Kang Seunghyun, director for fashion and textiles, Choi Jiwoo, director for cosmetics, Kang Sunghoon, director for Arts and Agriculture, Park Jaesang, director for music and entertainment industry, Jung Eugene who's filling in for K2, director for electronics, Jang Hyunsung, director for Medicines and lastly, Yang Hyunsuk, the chief boa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter