Emergency

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After School Hours:

[Jisoo's POV]

"What's taking him so long?" I groan after checking the time on my wristwatch.

Joohyuk should've been here by now. It's already after school hours and most of the student have already gone for their homes. I'm about to fish my phone out of my bag when I suddenly feel someone's eyes on me so I hurriedly turn around only to find no one. I just shrug and continue looking for my damn phone when i hear these footsteps outside the corridor. I freeze.

"Joohyuk?" I whisper. "Is that you?"

No answer. I start to bite my lower lip and stand up slowly, not taking my eyes off the entrance door.

"If it's you, it's not funny anymore." I swallow. "Come on! Quit playing around and show yourself!"

Just then, an empty can of cola has managed to roll its way towards me, landing just in front of my feet. I gasp and back away.

"Why do you always have to look for another guy when i'm right here?" A voice suddenly speaks.

I cover my mouth with my hands to prevent myself from screaminh. Is it possible? Is he the same guy who has been stalking me for the last month? I notice that the guy's voice had been modified with the use of a voice changer device. It sounds creepy.

"It hurts you know." The guy starts to walk towards me. I squint my eyes but i can't really see the guy's face because of the shadows being cast by the wall. "All this time, i've been looking only at you and yet you didn't even bother glancing in my direction."

"Wh-who are you?" I stutter. "Why are you doing this to me?"

I keep backing away until my back hits one of the chairs.

"Don't be scared." The guy whispers. "I just want to talk."

"T-talk? Talk about what?"

The guy heaves a heavy sigh. "I would really appreciate it if you would stop talking to other boys."

I gape at him, feeling horrified and disgusted at the same time. Who does he think he is? He sounds like i belong to him.

"You see, i tend to get really jealous when you start talking to them." He adds.

"You're sick!" I throw him the nearest chair that i could get and make a run for it.

I keep looking behind me to check if the guy is following me and end up falling down.

"Ah!" I exclaim when i try to stand. I think i might've sprained my right ankle.

I wince but will myself to stand. I start running again or should i say limping? Because of my sprain, i can't actually run properly. I can still hear the stalker's footsteps and I whimper when i hear the noise getting louder.

"Oh god!" I bite my bottom lip to stop myself from crying.

I hastily grab my bag to look for my phone. I heave a sigh of relief when my hand touches it. I fish it out of my bag and begin scrolling down my contacts until i finally find Bobby's name but before i could've pressed it, my phone slips through my fingers.

"!" I exclaim.

I'm about to pick it up but freeze when i notice that the sound of the footsteps is now coming from everywhere. My breathing hitches.

"Oh god! Oh god! Oh god!" I start running away again. "Please, somebody!"

I keep looking behind me until someone has grabbed me from the front, catching me off guard. I scream.

"Get off! Get off of me!" I start thrashing.

"Hey!" Instead of releasing me, the man has managed to wrap his arms around my waist. "Hey! It's me!"

"No!" I keep my eyes close and away from the guy as much as possible. "Let go! I said let go! Let me go!"

I hit his nose using the back of my head and the man groans in pain but he still doesn't let go.

"Yah! Kim Jisoo!" The man shouts and i pause.

I can recognize that voice. I turn around and see Nam Joohyuk. I blink and stop struggling. Joohyuk might've noticed it since he finally lets me go. Joohyuk furrows his eyebrows while rubbing his aching nose.

"What's wrong with you?" Joohyuk glares at me. "I'm on my way to our meeting place when i found you limping. I thought something might've happened to you so i tried to help but instead, you began shouting and thrashing around."

My knees start to buckle and I finally collapse, feeling relieved.

"Yah!" Joohyuk kneels beside me, grabbing my shoulders to support me. "Kim Jisoo, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I-" i grab my chest and squeeze it. "Can't breath!"

"!" Joohyuk curses. "Someone! Anybody! Help!"

Joohyuk starts to shake me. "Yah! Kim Jisoo! Get a hold of yourself!"

I try to stay awake but my eyelids are starting to get heavier by the second. I finally give in to my weariness and close my eyes, turning everything around me into black.

*****

[Jinwoo's POV]

I keep tapping my forefinger against my table, waiting for my secretary to hand me the last batch of papers that need my signature. I'm finally down to my last paper and pass it to my secretary standing right in front of me.

"Is there anything else that needs my signature?" I ask Jang Suwon, my secretary.

The older man shakes his head then smiles. "That's all for today, sir. Thank you for your hard work."

I smile back. "Neh. I'll see you again tomorrow, Jang Suwon-ssi."

"Neh, buhoejang-nim." Suwon bows his head before heading out from my office.

Not long after the man left, I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say.

Kush appears behind the door.

"Hyung!" I turn to face the man. "What is it?"

I notice my bodyguard acting strange and getting uncomfortable. He also looks anxious and that worries me a lot.

"There's an emergency." Kush answers.

I scowl and wait for him to continue.

"Just now, a call came in from Agent Tukutz." Kush continues. "And it seemed like something had happened to Jisoo-aghassi while she was at school."

I stand, knocking some of the files in the process. "What? Where is she right now?"

"At Kimshin General Hospital, sir." Kush answers.

I grab my coat and storm out from the office. Kush and Zion.t are following behind me. Some of the employees look surprised to see their boss leaving in a hurry. Some of them even try to bow but i don't have the time to bow back and greet them since the only thing that's currently running inside my head is my sister. I hope she's not hurt anywhere.

*****

[Jennie's POV]

Hanbin parks his car in front of a hospital, our family's hospital to be exact. I furrow my eyebrows, feeling scared and uncomfortable. Hanbin unbuckles his seatbelt and immediately jumps out of his car. I also fumble with my own seatbelt and run after my twin brother.

"What are we doing here?" I ask Hanbin who keeps walking towards the hospital's entrance. I look back towards our car. "What about your car? Isn't it against the law to park in front of a hospital?"

"Daesung will take care of it." Hanbin answers without even looking at me.

"But--"

Hanbin suddenly stops in the middle of the hospital's lobby and scans through all the people passing by.

"Hyung! Over here!"

We turn and see Donghyuk waving at us. I scowl. What is Donghyuk even doing here? Is he hurt? My eyes suddenly widen. I rush towards our youngest, grabbing him by his shoulders.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. Donghyuk looks surprised. "Are you hurt somewhere? Why are you here?"

"Noona, i'm okay." Donghyuk smiles at me sadly. "I'm not the one who got hurt."

"What's going on?" Hanbin asks. "Daesung told me there was an emergency."

Donghyuk nods. "Seungri-hyung also told me and since i'm near the hospital i got here earlier."

"Donghyuk-ah, what happened?" I ask this time.

Donghyuk scowls. There's anger and worry etched all over his face and that worries me. You'll seldom see Donghyuk wearin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter