They Strike Again

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Hee Ae's POV]

"Isn't that the Taesan's Chairman's granddaughter?" I ask Bae Jungnam, the Chief Financial Officer of Kimshin Group and my loyal supporter. "Why is Jinwoo talking to her? Did they know each other?"

As what you can see right now, I'm kind of worried. Not only that , Hwang Soohee betrayed me for that bastard, Cha Seungwon but now even some of the board of directors are starting to swirve to their side.

"Do you think your nephew is planning something with Taesan? A way to overthrow you?" Jungnam whispers. "We have to do something about him."

"Do you think i don't know that?" I snap. "If only we have that will my father had left then everything would turn out just fine."

"Where do you think your father hid it?" Jungnam asks.

My eyebrows twitch. "Don't you think i would've hired an expert if i knew?"

Jungnam bites his lower lip, looking down but raises his head again upon remembering something. "What about K2? Have you discovered anything about him yet?"

My frown only deepens. K2. The ever so mysterious K2. Not only he has the biggest shares in our company but he's also made a member of our board seeing through the company's Electronics management, making him the youngest board member yet in the history of Kimshin Group. No one knows anything about him or even what he looks like. Our only contact to him is through his assistant, Jung Eugene.

"We already sent him an invitation for this party but as expected," Jungnam turns to a woman wearing a silver mask, drinking her cocktail while talking to some of the shareholders. "She came alone."

I close my eyes, rubbing the sides of my head. "That's not what's important right now." I sigh. "I want that will."

"And it will be yours." Jungnam says.

I glare at him. "You think it's that easy? You sounded like it's nothing. Remember, we're not the only ones who are looking for it."

"There's more of them?" Jungnam looks surprised.

"Yes." I grit. "And we don't even know who they are."

*****

[Donghyuk's POV]

I flinch when something hit my shoulder. I turn and see a head bobbing. I frown. I shift slightly so that i can accommodate Jisoo-noona's head more unto my shoulder. I look around and notice that all of my siblings are already sleeping except for Jinhwan-hyung who is on his phone again.

I scowl when Jinhwan-hyung suddenly releases a heavy sigh. "I understand. You can just deliver the new items to me and i'll handle the rest."

With that, Jinhwan-hyung ends the call. He sighs again before slumping back against the car's headrest.

"Who was that?" I ask and Jinhwan-hyung gets startled.

"You're still awake?" Jinhwan-hyung raises his eyebrow.

"Well, you can't actually expect me to sleep when they're being like this."

My gaze falls to Jisoo-noona who snuggles closer towards me with Bobby-hyung at her side, snoring. Our troublemaker of a brother keeps putting his feet on top of Hanbin-hyung's lap who happens to fall asleep just adjacent to us with his earphones on while Jennie-noona is leaning against Jinwoo-hyung's shoulder who are both sitting in front of us leaving Jinhwan-hyung to sit beside Hanbin-hyung.

"Get some more sleep, Dong-ah." Jinhwan-hyung tells me. "I'll wake you up once we've arrived."

"You didn't answer my question." I insist. "Who was that on the phone? You might think i didn't notice but i know you've been busying yourself these past couple of days now. Those mysterious calls you're always getting, i know you're up to something, hyung. What is it?"

Jinhwan-hyung sighs before facing me. "It's nothing Dong-ah. It's all just in your head. Those calls i'm receiving are all from my friends and classmates from business school."

"I doubt that." I frown. "I'm not that stupid to accept that lame of an excuse from you."

Jinhwan-hyung growls a little bit, feeling annoyed now. "Forget it Dong-ah. It's better if you don't know anything."

Just then, Jinwoo-hyung stirs. He wakes up and rubs his eyes. "What's going on? Have we arrived yet?"

"Still a few more minutes left, hyung." Jinhwan-hyung answers. "You should get some more sleep. I know what happened earlier at the party took a lot out of you."

I scowl at Jinhwan-hyung who just glares at me in return. He's trying to warn me to keep my mouth shut. I just roll my eyes before turning to look outside through the window of our moving car.

*****

[Jisoo's POV]

We finally arrive in our house and sleepily drag our f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter