Missing Memories

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Hanbin's POV]

"What's wrong with her?" Jennie cries out. "Why isn't unnie waking up?"

"Calm down, noona-ah." Donghyuk rubs her back to make her feel better. "The doctor already told us that she was in shocked. It'll take her some time to regain her consciousness back."

"He's right Jennie-ah." Jinhwan-hyung grabs our sister's hand and pulls her to sit next to him. "She's going to be fine. Just look at Bobby!"

We all turn to Bobby who is sound asleep on one of the sofas, feet sprawled and snoring.

"He's already sleeping because he knows Jisoo is already safe." Jinhwan-hyung tries to smile.

Just then, the door leading to our room suddenly opens, revealing Jinwoo-hyung. Behind him is Hyunsung-samcheon, Kimshin General Hospital's Director.

"Jisoo-ah!" Jinwoo-hyung exclaims.

Jinhwan-hyung sighs before standing up from his seat. He looks like he doesn't want to do the explaining again. He already had a hard time explaining Jisoo's condition to Bobby earlier. He also kept assuring our sister that her unnie would be fine. Jinhwan-hyung starts to drag his feet towards our brother and stands next to him.

"She's fine now, hyung." Jinhwan-hyung tells him. "No need to worry."

Jinwoo-hyung looks at him and nods. Of course, as a doctor, Jinwoo-hyung understands. He can  already tell by the first look and he may even has an idea of Jisoo's current condition. He turns to Hyunsung-samcheon.

"Samcheon, can i talk to you for a minute?" Jinwoo-hyung asks. "I need to see and check Jisoo's test results for myself."

"Of course, Jinwoo-ah." Hyunsung-samcheon heads towards the door.

Jinwoo-hyung turns to look at us. "I'll be right back."

Jinwoo-hyung leaves together with Hyunsung-samcheon.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jinhwan-hyung asks. "What do you want to eat? I'll go and order us something in the cafeteria."

"Anything." I answer. "Plus some coffee."

"And you?" Jinhwan-oppa asks, turning to Jennie.

"Same." Jennie answers awkwardly.

"Okay then." Jinhwan-hyung turns to Donghyuk. "Donghyuk, you come with me."

"Neh, hyung." Donghyuk immediately stands and follows our brother.

I turn my head towards Bobby and see him still sleeping on the sofa next to Jisoo. Jennie moves to stand and covers Bobby with a blanket. I notice the beanie my twin sister is currently wearing. I recognize that hat. It belongs to Jimin. My eyebrows furrow.

"Where'd you get that beanie from?"

Jennie stiffens. She coughs before turning to face me. She also manages to remove the beanie off.

"I asked you a question, Kim Jennie."

"I-" Jennie stutters. "I mean, Jimin-ssi lent it to me earlier."

"Why?"

Jennie doesn't answer. I clench my jaw, feeling irrated all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong. I'm not mad at my sister or anyone at that matter. It's not like they did something that needs to be scolded about, right? I'm just frustrated and annoyed. I already warned Jimin about this.

"Jennie-ah, i'm already warning you right now, don't."

"What?" Jennie scowls. "What do you mean by 'don't'?"

"Just don't! Okay?" I snap. "I don't like you seeing with anyone, especially my friends."

"Why?"

My eyes widen. I turn to glare at Jennie who is now staring at me, begging for some fair answers. My expression softens. I want to get angry and scold Jennie but seeing her like this is stopping me. Is it possible? Does Jennie really like Jimin? What about Jimin? I've never seen him get serious with anyone although i always see him getting surrounded by girls.

"Jennie-ah, i know i've been a pain in the to you but just this once. Can't you just listen to me without you having to ask why?" I try to sound calm as much as i can. I don't want to scare my sister away. "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"It's my decision to make Hanbin-ah."

I scowl. "Then, tell me. Do you like him? Are you really prepared for this kind of things?"

Jennie stiffens. I knew it! She's still hesitating. She's not even sure if she really likes the guy. It'll just hurt the both of them if this continues. Jennie is still not confident enough with herself and that is the problem.

"As much as i want you to be happy, i also don't want to see you cry." I continue to scowl.

"But-"

"No." I cut her off, pointing out that my decision is already final.

Jennie bites the inside of her lower lip. She looks away, looking upset.

"No." Jennie whispers.

"What?" I turn towards her, glaring.

"No."

My eyes widen. "Yah, Kim Jennie!"

Jennie suddenly stands, making me flinch. She turns around, heading for the door.

"I'm tired of you always telling me what to do." Jennie whispers.

I'm about to snap at her but Jennie suddenly bolts towards the door, running away.

"Bad move, dude."

I turn and see Bobby, already awake. He gets up and stretches. He stands up and heads to sit next to me. He grabs my shoulder and squeezes it. It's like we didn't have a fight earlier. Well, knowing Bobby, he usually doesn't hold grudges unlike me.

"Don't worry, she'll get over it but you also need to give her some space." Bobby smiles at me.

I frown, not liking what Bobby had just suggested. Now that i think about it, Bobby is the type of guy who usually doesn't meddle with another person's business. Sure, he cares for our other siblings but he's always making sure not to get in their way.

"What happened to Jennie?" Jinhwan-hyung finally arrives with Donghyuk. "We passed by her just now and she doesn't look good."

Bobby and i exchange knowing looks. Jinhwan-hyung just eyes us suspiciously but we just shrug.

"Is that food?" Bobby tries to break the heavy atmosphere. He keeps eyeing the paper bag on Jinhwan-hyung.

Jinhwan-hyung sighs before handing the bag to Bobby. Donghyuk passes me my coffee and i thank him. I rub my hands against the hot sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter