Search and Rescue

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Annyeong chingus! I'm finally back (i think 😂) with another chapter.

First of all i want to apologize for being MIA this past two months. I know that a lot of you are eagerly waiting for an update but i was so busy with work that i can't summon anything right now. I'm still in a slump but because of your support and love i willed myself to write and finish this chapter.

As my thanks, i wrote a long chapter this time. I swear, this is my longest chapter yet. I hope you enjoy it 😁

P.S.
It doesn't mean i'm back with writing and updating completely. Please bear with me for now 😭

•••••

[Donghyuk's POV]

"Hanbin-ah, will you please sit down?" Jennie-noona says but Hanbin-hyung ignores her and continues to pace around the living room.

I sigh and head to the kitchen to get us something to drink. I notice that Agent Mithra and Agent Tukutz are hovering near the corner of the spacious living room, talking in a hushed tone. I scowl when i also notice this huge number of securities outside the main house. Bobby-hyung is also nowhere to be found. He just called Jennie-noona earlier and told her we should head for home. Just what the hell's going on?

I return to the living room and hand my sister a glass of water. "Here, noona. It helps with the nerves."

"Thanks, Dong-ah." Jennie-noona smiles then turns to look at our brother. "Maybe you should give one too to Hanbin since he clearly needs to calm down."

"You know it won't work on him." I joke while smiling.

Noona laughs. "You're right."

"Yah, Jennie-ah." Hanbin-hyung suddenly stops pacing. "Are you sure Bobby didn't say anything to you?"

Jennie-noona shakes his head. Hanbin-hyung growls before gesturing towards Daesung, his assigned bodyguard.

"Neh, young master Hanbin?" Daesung bows. "Do you need anything?"

"Tell us what's going on." Hanbin-hyung glares. "I know you know something so don't you dare try to keep it from us."

Daesung swallows hard before turning to his other colleagues, who are at the farthest corner of the room. "I'm not sure myself, young master. We just received a call from our superior to guard you."

"And what's the reason for that?" I ask this time.

Daesung squirms. He looks hesitant.

"Didn't i already warn you about keeping anything from us?" Hanbin-hyung threatens. "Now, speak."

Daesung bites his lower lip. "I'm not actually allowed to tell you."

"Daesung?" Hanbin-hyung forces a smile but it rather looks scary.

"Okay, alright. I'll tell you but promise me you'll stay calm and be open-minded about the situation." Daesung whispers.

We just furrow our eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

"It seems like Jisoo-aghassi is currently missing." Daesung whispers ever so lightly. "We believe that it was a case of kidnapping."

"Oh my god!" Jennie-noona gasps. "Is that why Bobby-oppa left the school in a hurry?"

"Damn it!" Hanbin-hyung rakes his hair. "!"

"Young master." Daesung half-whispers, warning his master to quiet down. "Calm down. They'll hear you."

"Who could've done this?" I ask more to myself. "Who could've staged this kidnapping?"

"I bet that witch, Hee Ae did it." Hanbin-hyung guesses. "She's the only one i could think of."

"Young masters Jinwoo and Jinhwan thought so too." Daesung says. "That is why they left immediately after the conference to visit your Aunt at the police station."

"I see." I rub my chin, realizing something. "Then, that only means our plan worked. Jinhwan-hyung somehow managed to bring the police and arrest Aunt Hee Ae on time."

"Anyway, our team leader will give you the full report of the current situation later so you'll just have to bear with it for a while." Daesung then excuses himself and heads to his colleagues.

We fall into silence. Daesung said we need to calm down and be open-minded of the situation but knowing that our sister might be in danger won't stop us from worrying.

"It could be Dr Joonhee." Jennie-noona suddenly says.

Hanbin-hyung and i exchange questioning looks before looking back at her. "What do you mean, noona?"

"I once overheard her conversation." Jennie-noona explains. "I discovered that she had been observing us all this time and had been reporting everything back to her superior."

"What?" Hanbin-hyung's voice hitches. "How come i didn't know about this? You should've told me about it, Jennie!"

Hanbin-hyung shouts angrily and Jennie-noona flinches. She looks down and starts to fidget on her dress. She knows she did something wrong that's why she's being quiet. Jennie-noona should really tell us about this kind of things. With our current situation, it's safe to assume that everyone around us can't be trusted. I sigh.

"Hyung, you're scaring her." I tell our brother who is still red from his own frustration. I turn to Jennie-noona. "And noona, you should've mentioned it to us sooner."

"I'm sorry." Jennie-noona mumbles. "I just forgot."

"Young master Hanbin!" Agent Tukutz calls while running towards our direction. "There are people outside who wish to speak with you."

"Who and for what reason?" Hanbin-hyung scowls, looking pissed. "You know this is not the right time to be entertaining guests, right?"

Agent Tukutz bows his head. "I'm sorry young master but according to them, they have information regarding Jisoo-aghassi."

Our heads perk up. Hanbin-hyung immediately stops. "Alright, bring them in."

The guards immediately leave to fetch our guests. Jennie-noona gives me a look before turning to Hanbin-hyung.

"Are you sure about this, Hanbin?" Jennie-noona asks our brother. Just like me, she seems to doubt the guests' intention. "Aren't we supposed to wait for the others to arrive?"

"Are you kidding me?" Hanbin-hyung scoffs. "We don't have time to waste and as you already noticed, time is of the essence here. We can't just stand here, idling around while Jisoo is in danger."

Just then, two people appear from the door. They are being escorted by our guards. There's a good-looking guy who's wearing a business suit and a girl who seems to be around Jisoo-noona's age.

"Who are you people?" Hanbin-hyung asks while eyeing the two newly-arrived guests. "And why did you come into our home?"

"I'm Song Mino." The guy answers. "I heard your brothers talking earlier at the Shareholders' conference about Jisoo being kidnapped."

"You're there?" I ask. "How did it go? The conference, i mean."

"Don't worry. Everything turned out alright."

"Does that mean you're one of the shareholders too?" Hanbin-hyung narrows his eyes towards the guy.

"My dad is but i came in his stead." Mino answers simply. "Actually, i was there at your Aunt's party. Jisoo and I are-- what should i say, friends? Well, the point is we know each other and we talked for a bit."

"What about you?" Hanbin-hyung turns to the girl standing behind Mino. "I recognized you. Your Jisoo's friend, am i right?"

The girl nods once. "I'm Im Nayeon."

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you come here for, Im Nayeon-ssi?" I ask.

Nayeon swallows. "I--" Nayeon pauses. "I think i know who might've kidnapped Jisoo."

My siblings and i gasp. The three of us exchange impatient looks.

"Who was it?" Hanbin-hyung narrows his slitted eyes, his blood boiling with anger.

"Kwon Hyunbin." The girl answers.

I blink. Kwon Hyunbin? Kwon? Where did i hear that surname before?

"Hyunbin is a childhood friend of mine." Nayeon shares. "Our families are close with each other, the very reason why i know of his circumstances."

"What circumstances?" Hanbin-hyung continues to grill the poor girl.

"Hyunbin, he--" Nayeon stutters a bit. She looks scared and nervous. "He's sick."

I scowl. "Sick?"

We hear Mino sigh. "Let me explain."

Hanbin-hyung raises his left eyebrow. "Go ahead. The floor is all yours."

"Jisoo, Hyunbin and i happened to be in the same mental facility years ago." Mino starts. "Jisoo and i were cured of our own problems but it seems like Hyunbin is still suffering from his own."

Nayeon nods. "Hyunbin actually got better but this last two years, his symptoms returned. His family are keeping quiet about it and are secretly sending him to the hospital for his treatment but i don't know, he's still not getting better."

"Hold on." I raise my right hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter