Heart-pounding Encounters

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groan once again. I slam my tape measure on the table forcefully and start to glare towards the headless mannequin in front of me. No matter what i do, i can't seem to finish my suit.

"Are you okay?" Nayeon asks me. She looks worried that i'm not finding my inspiration.

I give her a forced smile. "I'm just having trouble with the measurement that's all."

"Why don't you look for a male model already? There are plenty of them in the Modelling Department." Nayeon suggests. "I'm sure they'll be happy to help you."

I laugh sarcastically. "Or maybe they just want to get into my pants."

Nayeon frowns.

"Come on, you must've heard about it already." I scoff. "The queen of the school. The temptress who uses her looks and money to seduce men and some prominent people here at campus."

Nayeon looks guilty. She really might've heard it already from somewhere but chose to keep quiet about it.

"It's okay." I assure her. "I'm already used to it."

"They're just jealous of you Jisoo-ah." Nayeon tries to comfort me. "I'm sure those girls from the cheering squad are behind these rumours."

I heave a sigh and stare at my design mannequin. "I don't care about them. My main concern right now is the suit i'm currently making." I look back at Nayeon. "I'm running out of time, Nayeon-ah."

Nayeon bites the inside of her lower lip. "Just pick someone you like from the Modelling class or just ask Hyunbin's help to look for a perfect match."

I sigh. "Speaking of Hyunbin, where is he? I thought he's going to help you with your design."

I notice Nayeon flinch. She tries to avoid my eyes and pays her attention back to her own suit. She looks like she wants to say something but afraid to say it.

"Jisoo-ah, there is actually something you need to know." Nayeon swallows.

I raise an eyebrow to indicate for her to continue but some girls' screaming interrupt us. We hear these squeals coming from the hallways. It is followed by the excited murmurs from the girls in our class.

"Is it that Nam Joohyuk?" One of our classmates whispers. "Omo! When did he come back to school? I thought he has an overseas schedule?"

"Omona!" The other girl stands up. "Joohyuk-oppa! Look over here!"

I feel my eyebrows furrow. Nam Joohyuk? Where did i hear that name before?"

"Who's Nam Joohyuk?" I ask Nayeon who is also craning her head towards the direction of the hallways.

Nayeon's eyes widen. "You don't know Nam Joohyuk?"

I raise an eyebrow.

"Well, for starters, he's a student here at our school and at the same time, a full-time model at a famous modelling agency." Nayeon shares.

"Hold on." I raise my right hand. "If he's a full-tume model, how is he able to handle his duties as a student?"

Nayeon shrugs. "He often doesn't come to school to begin with. He's a very evasive type of guy, you see that is why most of the girls around here are willing to die just to have a glimpse of the mysterious Nam Joohyuk."

"Is he really that famous?" I ask curiously.

Nayeon gapes at me. "Jisoo-ah, do you know that modelling agency called YGk+?"

I nod. "Of course. Even Jane, my bestfriend who lives back in ia wants to apply to that agency once she graduates. Why?"

"Nam Joohyuk is the only student-model who was recruited by that agency." Nayeon states a matter of factly. "And you know how seldom that agency recruits models and to think that Joohyuk who is still just a student was able to get in!"

I swallow. I start to bite the inside of my lower lip. Now that i've heard about this Nam Joohyuk guy, i can't help but get more curious about him. A playful smile suddenly escapes from the corner of my lips as i head towards the door of our classroom to catch a glimpse of this famous model.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Nayeon asks me but i ignore her and start to squirm my way pass through all the female students who also came to see the evasive Nam Joohyuk.

"Excuse me." I struggle to pull myself from the horde of girls.

When i can't seem to pass through all of them, i decide to just crawl my way on the floor. I keep grabbing the girls' feet and pushing them out of my way but there's this particular girl who's able to kick me, sending me all the way to the center.

"Yah!" I shout. "That ing hurts!"

I get on to my feet and try to brush away all the dirt from my jeans. I keep mumbling to myself when i notice that everyone's eyes are already staring at me. I scowl.

"Are you okay?"

I turn and see a young man looking at me. He has his shades on so i can't clearly make out what he really looks like. I flinch when i suddenly hear the guy on his breath.

"You!" The man points at me.

I scowl and tilt my head to the other side, feeling confused. Do i know this guy? The man chuckles.

"You don't remember me, do you?" The man asks me amusingly.

I hear the people around us bicker and murmur so i look at them and i can clearly see these girls' envious looks. What are they being envious for? Some of them are even throwing me their incredulous looks with their matching death glares.

"Oh right! Maybe you'll start remembering when i take this shades off." The young man standing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter