The Kims' Retaliation

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jinhwan's POV]

I keep pacing in front of Jinwoo-hyung's bedroom. Yesterday, i found out that the board of directors had approved Aunt Hee Ae's proposal to dismiss Jinwoo-hyung from the company. I bite my lower lip before knocking on my brother's door.

"Come in." Jinwoo-hyung shouts from the other side of the door.

I open the door and see Jinwoo-hyung hovered at the corner, busying himself with work.

"Hyung?" I hesitate.

Jinwoo-hyung turns. "Oh? Jinhwan-ah, you're home. How's Jisoo?"

"She's fine." I answer. "Her tests came out okay but she will undergo a new medication. It seems like her last prescription damaged her brain's limbic system."

"I see." Jinwoo-hyung grimaces.

My brother takes a deep breath before leaning back against his chair. I grimace. He looks tired.

"Is everything alright, hyung?"

Jinwoo-hyung looks at me and smiles sadly. "You knew?"

I bite my lower lip, feeling guilty. I nod. "Hyunsung-samcheon told me."

"Well, it can't be helped." My brother laughs. "We knew this would happen. Aunt Hee Ae will eventually have her way on us if not sooner then later. We'll just have to cope up with it and prepare."

I nod. Jinwoo-hyung goes back to his work while i remain inside his room. I look around and notice these papers lying on his bed. I head towards it and pick it up. I frown when i notice something peculiar about it.

"Say, hyung?"

"Yes?" Jinwoo-hyung turns around, facing me.

"These papers." I hold out my hand and show him the files i picked up.

"Ah! I was actually reviewing the company's accounts but when i couldn't seem to get the answers i needed, i decided to bring it home so i can review it again."

"Hyung, this is a clear case of embezzlement, do you know that right?"

"What?" Jinwoo-hyung stands from his seat and joins me. "Are you sure?"

"I--"

"Of course!" Jinwoo-hyung suddenly laughs, cutting me off but this time his laugh comes out sarcastic. "You know it better than anyone."

Jinwoo-hyung rakes his hair in frustration. "No wonder it's not adding up."

"It's Aunt Hee Ae. I'm sure of it." I turn to Jinwoo-hyung. "What do we do now?"

"Nothing."

I frown. "What? But--"

"We don't have time for this, Jinhwan-ah." Jinwoo-hyung tells me. "The shareholders' conference is the day after tomorrow. With the time against us, we won't be able to gather enough evidences against our Aunt's crimes." Jinwoo-hyung sighs. "We need to tackle one problem at a time and this time, asking for the shareholders' supports comes first."

I bite my bottom lip, feeling frustrated. Jinwoo-hyung grabs my shoulder and squeezes it while smiling sadly.

"I know what you feel." He whispers. "I promise, as soon as the conference is over, we'll deal with Aunt Hee Ae but now i need your help."

I scowl.

"I need you to help me convince some of our shareholders." This time, Jinwoo-hyung smiles a genuine smile. "I know that with your skills, you'll be able to convince the majority of them."

*****

[Bobby's POV]

I pass by Jinwoo-hyung's room and it just so happens that Jinhwan-hyung is also inside. They're talking about sonething and i can't help but overhear what they're saying. I'm pretty sure i heard them mentioned about a conference. I curse and almost drop my laptop when Jinwhan-hyung suddenly opens the door.

Our second oldest frowns when he finds me standing in front of the room awkwardly. He closes the door behind him before addressing me. "What are you doing there?"

"Um~" I stutter. "Nothing?"

"Then go to sleep. It's late." My brother then turns to leave. "And stop playing with your laptop it's not good for your eyes."

"Hyung!" I call out. "Is everything alright with Jinwoo-hyung?"

Jinhwan-hyung pauses. He turns to face me and there's a scowl forming on his face. I think that answers my question then.

"It's that bad huh." I smile sarcastically.

"You're not supposed to hear that."

"Why not?" I frown. "Just because you always find me in front of my laptop doesn't mean i don't care." I pause. "Just like you, i also want to help."

Jinhwan-hyung looks like he's hesitating. He bites his lip before dragging me into my room.

"Hey!" I cry out when my brother pushes me to sit on my bed.

"Alright, you want to help?" Jinwhan-hyung raises his left eyebrow, waiting for my response.

I'm about to open my mouth but my brother beats me to it.

"Okay." Jinhwan-hyung sits beside, grabbing my shoulder. "Then, i wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter