New Friend

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa walked into the classroom timidly, all eyes of the students inside turning to her immediately. She bowed to the teacher in an attempt to apologize, to which she just gave her a huge smile. 

"Ah, you must be Lisa! Come in, come in! Class, this is Lalisa Manoban. She just moved from Thailand. Let's give her a warm welcome." Ms. Hwang said. The class stared at Lisa, a few of them giving her a wave and a few others saying hello to her. She smiled awkwardly, standing next to the teacher. Ms. Hwang placed a hand on her shoulder, beaming at her. Lisa noticed she had a really pretty eye smile.

"Why not tell us about yourself?" Ms. Hwang said. "Try in English first. I want to see your ability."

Lisa nodded, fiddling with her fingers as she turned to the class. Her english wasn't amazing, but she was able to get out simple phrases.

"Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm from Thailand. I love to dance and sing." Lisa said. She glanced at Ms. Hwang, who looked impressed with her. That encouraged her to keep going. She looked at the class again.

"My favourite colour is purple. Um... and yeah." Lisa finished. Ms. Hwang stared at her for a few seconds, before beginning to clap for her.

"Lisa, that was amazing! Class, does anyone know what Lisa said?" She asked. No one raised their hand, causing Ms. Hwang to try and coax people to answer. 

"Come, on! Anyone? Yes, Jisoo?" Ms. Hwang called on a girl who finally put her hand up from the back, Lisa's eyes shooting over to her. Jisoo smiled.

"She said Jisoo's beautiful and that she's the best." Jisoo said. A few people in the class laughed out loud, while Ms. Hwang sighed. Lisa bit her lip to keep from smiling at Jisoo laughing at her own joke. Even though it was completely wrong, it made Lisa feel more comfortable somehow.

"No, Jisoo, that's not what she said. Anyone else? Ah, Wendy?" Ms. Hwang called on another girl with light brown hair.

"She said she's from Thailand, she likes to dance and sing and her favourite colour is purple." Wendy recited perfectly. Ms. Hwang smiled, clapping once.

"Yes! Good job Wendy. Okay, Lisa. You can take a seat next to Jisoo back there." Ms. Hwang said, lightly pushing her towards the back. Lisa bowed her head, scurrying towards her seat. She sat down and placed her backpack behind her, facing forward and clasping her hands. Ms. Hwang began to do the attendance, and once Lisa's name was called, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Hey, so you're new?" She heard next to her. She looked to her left, meeting Jisoo's eyes. Lisa nodded at her.

"Yeah." Was all she replied. She'd rather not get a in trouble for speaking in class, especially on her first day, but Jisoo wasn't letting her go easily.

"That's cool. My name's Jisoo, as you know." Jisoo said. Lisa nodded again, glancing at the front where Ms. Hwang had begun teaching. It was basic english words that Lisa already knew, but she was planning on paying attention anyway. Jisoo wasn't done though.

"So, you're not half bad looking. Seeing anybody?" Jisoo suddenly asked. Lisa jumped, blinking in surprise at the question. Was Jisoo hitting on her?

"Wait, just half bad?" Lisa replied. Jisoo gave her a smirk, shrugging her shoulders. Lisa shook her head, looking away from her.

"You didn't answer my question." Jisoo said. Lisa sighed, not looking at her.

"No, I'm single."

"Interesting."

"Why is that-"

"Are you ladies done back there? I'm teaching." Ms. Hwang said sternly, staring at the two. Lisa blushed madly, bowing her head and saying a quick apology. Jisoo barely reacted, bowing her head very slightly as Ms. Hwang went back to teaching.

"It's just interesting. I mean, you kinda look like a monkey, long arms and legs and all. No wonder you're single." Jisoo said. Lisa whipped her head over, giving Jisoo a glare. She looked her up and down.

"Yeah, well, you look like a frog that's been squished on." Lisa fired back. Jisoo raised her eyebrows, breathing out a laugh. She covered , giggling silently behind it. Lisa stared at her as she kept laughing, her own laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter