The Boyfriend

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was safe to say that Lisa's first day was definitely crazy.

First off, she tripped over her own feet in front of the most popular girl in school, could barely say two words to her during their conversations, and now she had to wait in front of the school for her mother to pick her up while Jennie eyed her from across the parking lot.

She didn't think she'd get beat up or anything, but the way she was watching her made her ten times more uneasy and she couldn't bring herself to meet her eyes.

Lisa sighed, resting her elbows on her knees as she sat down on the curb, eyes glancing around for her mother's car. She really needed to get her own.

"Hey."

Lisa jumped, eyes flitting up. She gulped, Jennie standing there with her arms crossed on her chest. Lisa sat up straight, glancing around them to see if there was anyone that could save her from getting a fist in her face- there was no one. She brought her eyes back to Jennie, who stayed still.

"H-Hi?" She stammered out. Jennie rolled her eyes, sighing and sitting down next to her. Lisa tensed up, not entirely sure what to make of the whole situation. Jennie was confusing- one minute she was being nice, the next it seemed like she was ready to throw Lisa into a locker.

"Listen, sorry about earlier. I'm having a rough day." Jennie said. Lisa glanced at her, still wary of what Jennie's angle could be. Jennie met her eyes, Lisa trying to read what hers were saying. She couldn't see much in them, which didn't help her at all. There was a feeling in her heart that Jennie wasn't telling her everything, but she was never one to pry.

"No problem." Lisa finally said, giving her a small smile. Jennie didn't smile back, only gave her a short nod. She stood up, brushing her uniform's skirt off and adjusting her jacket.

"See you around, then." Jennie said, already beginning to walk away from her. Lisa watched her go, the girl climbing onto a motorcycle in the parking lot. She threw a helmet on and with a rev of the engine, peeled out of the lot and down the street. Lisa chewed her bottom lip, mind trying to figure out what just happened.

Her thoughts were interrupted by another voice, but this time, it was one she was happy to hear.

"Hi, Lisa. Need a ride home?" Chaeyoung said, bright smile on her face as she sat next to her. Lisa's heart quickened, her body tensing for an entirely different reason this time.

"N-no, my mom should be here any minute." Lisa replied, mentally facepalming afterwards- who admits to their mom driving them around everywhere?

Chaeyoung didn't seem to think anything of it, because she just nodded her head.

"Well, okay then." She said. "So, how did your first day go?"

Lisa glanced at her, the girl's wide brown eyes staring back. Lisa looked away, palms beginning to sweat from nerves.

"Um, it wasn't so bad. Classes were okay and stuff. And I met some good people, and some weird ones." Lisa said. Chaeyoung smiled when she said 'good people', nodding along as she spoke. 

"Weird ones? Like who?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Well, Jisoo." Lisa said. Chaeyoung immediately laughed, nodding again.

"Nevermind, no need to explain."

Lisa let out a giggle.

"Also, Jennie. She's the girl that wears a leather jacket all the time, which I'm pretty sure is against the rules, but no one seems to care." Lisa said. Chaeyoung tensed at the mention of Jennie's name, the girl's demeanor changing completely. Lisa glanced at her, furrowing her eyesbrows at the change of attitude.

"Oh." Chaeyoung said simply, voice becoming monotone. Lisa opened to ask what was wrong, but a beep cut her off.

"Lisa!" Someone yelled, another beep coming. Lisa turned her head, seeing her mother sitting in her car in the parking lot. She internally groaned, heart dropping at her and Chaeyoung having to stop speaking.

"Guess your ride is here. I'll see you later." Chaeyoung said quickly, already on her feet and going towards her own car. Lisa barely had time to register her leaving, Chaeyoung already pulling out of the lot by the time she wrapped her mind around it. She blinked, another beep from her mother making her get to her feet. She grabbed her backpack, scurrying towards her mother's car and slipping inside.

"Hi, honey. How was your first day?" Her mother asked immediately, Lisa buckling up her seatbelt as her mother pulled out of the lot, going down the street. Lisa sighed and leaned her head against the car window.

"Nothing special, mom. It was alright." Lisa replied. Her mother glanced at her, then looked back at the road.

"Any new friends?" Her mother asked. Lisa shrugged her shoulders.

"Kinda. I don't know many people yet."

"What about that girl just now? She looked nice."

Lisa paused, mind filling wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter