The Final Game

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few months went by in a blur for Lisa. Practices, games, tests, going out with Chaeyoung and hanging out with Jennie and Jisoo all rolled into one in her mind. Except the - that stood out a lot. (There was a lot of it.)

Before Lisa knew it, the ending of the basketball season was coming up and the final game was the next week. She and the team had been preparing and practicing like crazy- it'd be insane if they lost at this point. But, Lisa always had her doubts- about the team, her leadership- a lot of things.

Lisa blew out a breath, bangs floating up slightly from the air. It was her last class of the day and she was already over whatever her teacher was currently talking about. Probably something important, but her mind kept floating to the game and Chaeyoung. Mostly Chaeyoung, as usual.

They seemed to fall even more in love over the course of a few months- the two girls never seen without one another. It had initially worried Lisa the tiniest bit how much time they spent together- constant time together could give people ideas about them. But as time went on, Lisa noticed that no one really paid them any attention. Chaeyoung was still very popular, but Lisa had grown in popularity ever since she became the captain. They paid them the right amount of attention, but seemed to pass on by thinking they were just the best of friends.

The bell suddenly rang, bringing her out of her thoughts. She gathered all her stuff and tiredly slipped out of the class, making her way down to her locker. She had been thinking about a lot of things over the months that had passed- one of which being coming out.

She knew Chaeyoung was itching to. The dark haired girl had hinted at it several times- that she'd be okay with the fallout, that whenever they do come out, she'll be there for her. Lisa always just smiled and changed the subject, not entirely ready to talk about it again.

Jennie and Jisoo were waiting at her at her locker, making her furrow her eyebrows.

"No Chaeng?" She asked, the sadness evident in her voice. She opened her locker as Jennie started speaking.

"She got held up with Mr. Oh- something about tutoring someone, I think." She said, shrugging her shoulders. Jisoo's arm was wrapped around her waist, Jennie's head nuzzled into her neck. The girl placed a kiss on Jisoo's neck, a few people giving them glances as they passed the trio. Ah, that was also something new- Jennie and Jisoo came out. Kind of.

Really, all they did was stand in the middle of the cafeteria and start kissing each other, letting everyone know what exactly was going on and how they were together. A lot of people shunned them even more after that- disgusted glances and whispers among other people being a few of the many things thrown at them. They even got detention for their 'blatant display of affection.' But they all knew it wasn't just because of that.

"I'll wait for her here, then. You guys can just go. I know you have much better things to do." Lisa said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. The pair blushed before Jisoo took Jennie's hand and dragged her along.

"See ya, Limario!" She shouted back, already going around the corner. She could hear the bickering going on with the couple from where she stood, the sounds of their laughter fading as they continued walking. It made her smile slightly- although the pair had their moments, and they were practically hurled insults every single day, they still stood strong and loved each other.

It made Lisa's thoughts even more troubled about coming out.

Lisa sighed deeply, grabbing her backpack and swinging it on her shoulders, shutting her locker and then leaning against it to wait for Chaeyoung. She was the only one in the hallway by that point, everyone else going home.

Chaeyoung was still staying with them after all this time. It was supposed to be temporary, like her mother said, but eventually her mother just told her to stay. It surprised them both, considering the nature of their relationship. But her mother insisted she was always welcome, and she would rather her stay with them than live somewhere by herself.

Chaeyoung's father never came around. He was still adamant that she not live there, and Lisa couldn't hate the man anymore than she already did.

They eventually explained the situation to Jennie and Jisoo as well, the two girls giving Chaeyoung tight hugs and buckets of ice cream when they found out. Chaeyoung told them how grateful she was, but that she was doing much better.

A sound down the hallway brought her attention back to reality, eyes snapping towards the noise. Chaeyoung beamed at her and waved from down the hall, Lisa feeling that damn flutter in her heart as she waved back at her.

Chaeyoung approached her, Lisa opening her arms and the girl falling into them, snuggling close to her.

"I missed you." Chaeyoung mumbled into her chest, the girl's head buried there. Lisa chuckled, rubbing her back and resting her cheek on the top of her head.

"I missed you more." Lisa replied. Chaeyoung poked her in the ribs, making her squirm a little and smile.

"Not possible." Chaeyoung said. Lisa was about to protest when Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her midsection tightly, the girl closing her eyes and relaxing in her embrace.

They stood there for a moment, content to stay like that until someone tsked at them from down the hall.

"Hey, no pda you two! You better be getting home soon." Taeyeon said to them. Lisa laughed a little, the younger girl giving her a nod as the older one let out a smirk, waving at them and walking into Lisa's english room. Probably to 'talk' with Ms. Hwang.

Taeyeon and Ms. Hwang were the only people at school that knew about them. It just slipped out while Lisa was in the nurse's office on the bed, resting from a sprained ankle from a basketball practice. Lisa felt comfortable enough to tell her, and she assumed she told Ms. Hwang about it. But considering their relationship, Lisa didn't mind.

Chaeyoung shifting in her arms broke her trance, Lisa looking down at her as she pulled away. The girl gazed up at her sleepily.

"Let's go home. I need a nap." Chaeyoung said. Lisa smiled at her, sliding her hand into hers and nodding. They walked side by side out of the school, strolling up to Chaeyoung's car.

"Busy day today?" Lisa asked. She hadn't seen Chaeyoung since lunch- she wasn't this tired then.

Chaeyoung let out a groan, the both of them getting in her car and shutting the doors. She rubbed her face.

"Don't get me started. First, I was called for an emergency cheer meeting with the squad, our coach grilling us about positions and routines and just ugh." Chaeyoung said, shaking her head. "Then, I was told by Mr. Oh that someone- no, three people requested to be tutored by me, and you know me- I can never say no."

Lisa reached over and took one of Chaeyoung's hands in her own, squeezing it as she continued.

"So, I waited after class to talk with the three of them, but they didn't even need tutoring! They just kept asking for my number and to go on dates with them." Chaeyoung said with disgust, a sigh escaping her lips. "So, yes, it's been a long day."

Lisa bristled at that, a scowl on her face. Chaeyoung glanced at her, a small smile consuming her features.

"Calm down, Incredible Hulk. I, of course, said no to all three of them and besides- I have this amaz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter