Surprise Confession

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, so, the plan is to accidentally place the peanut butter on the seat and-"

"Jisoo, no."

"Why not?! It'll be funny!"

"I don't want to get detention after only a week of being at school." Lisa said, exasperated with the older girl in a matter of minutes. Jisoo let out a pout before focusing on the food on her tray, picking at various pieces.

"You're no fun." Jisoo replied. Lisa just shrugged, shoving a piece of chicken into . Silence enveloped them both, the sounds of chewing and the other students in the cafeteria swirling around them. Jisoo decided to break the silence.

"Okay, how about instead of peanut butter, we use-"

"I said no."

Jisoo groaned, stabbing at her food in frustration. Lisa just rolled her eyes, glancing away from the older girl to look about the cafeteria. Her eyes naturally found Chaeyoung, who always sat in the middle table with her squad. Lisa felt the corner of her lips turn up at the sight of her. Jisoo glanced up at her and then followed her gaze, smirking when she saw who she was staring at.

"Staring at your girlfriend?" Jisoo said calmly, taking a bite of her food. Lisa whipped her head over to look at her, blush forming on her cheeks.

"For the last damn time, she's not my-"

"Hey." A deep voice said, interrupting Lisa's weak defence. Their eyes flitted up, Lisa's widening in shock and Jisoo's lighting up.

"Jendeukie! Sit with us." Jisoo said, scooting over slightly to pat the seat next to her. Jennie rolled her eyes at the nickname, but set her tray down and sat next to Jisoo. Lisa looked between them, shock still written on her face. Jennie ignored her, taking bites of her food.

"Unnie, can I talk to you? Alone?" Lisa said, glancing at Jennie briefly, who paid her no mind. Jisoo blinked and nodded, standing up and following Lisa over to the corner. Lisa glanced back at Jennie, who barely moved an inch save for eating her food.

"Jisoo, why is she sitting with us? I don't think she likes me much." Lisa whispered. Jisoo blinked, before breathing out a laugh.

"What are you talking about? She's fine with you." Jisoo replied. Lisa gave her a look.

"She was nice and then rude to me my very first day. She confuses me." Lisa said, glancing back at Jennie. Jisoo sighed.

"She has off days. Don't we all? I'm sure she likes you." Jisoo said, trying to reassure the younger girl. Lisa chewed on her bottom lip, clearly still hesitant.

"Okay, but you didn't answer my other question: why is she sitting with us?" Lisa asked again. Jisoo played with the end of her uniform tie, shrugging her shoulders.

"She's my friend. And could be yours too, if you'd give her a chance." Jisoo said. Lisa narrowed her eyes at the answer, not satisfied. She briefly remembered Jisoo having her arms around her helping her with basketball.

"'Friend'? What about that other day in the gym? I saw you two, you know." Lisa said, crossing her arms over her chest. Jisoo's cheeks turned red, her eyes flitting about nervously.

"You saw nothing. Don't worry about it. Can we just go eat? I'm still hungry." Jisoo said, already turning and going back towards the table. Lisa watched her go, before sighing and following her back. Jisoo said beside Jennie while Lisa sat across them both, her appetite gone completely. She played with her food while Jennie and Jisoo whispered to one another, not looking so 'friendly' like Jisoo described. But Lisa decided not to comment on it- she didn't want to anger anyone.

"We're done eating. We're gonna go hang out, I'll see you in class Lisa." Jisoo suddenly said, Jennie already taking her hand and all but dragging the girl out of her seat. Lisa blinked, eyes following them as they exited the cafeteria. Lisa could have sworn she saw Jisoo grab Jennie's , but she couldn't be completely sure.

Lisa sighed, going back to picking at her food. Lunch was almost over and she should really eat more, but she suddenly wasn't even hungry.

"Hey Lisa." 

A body slumped down across from her, making her whip her head up. Butterflies erupted in her stomach at the sight of Chaeyoung sitting there, smile on her face.

"Are you not eating? You really should." Chaeyoung said, looking a little concerned. Lisa smiled slightly and shrugged, poking her food.

"Not that hungry anymore." Lisa replied, hoping her voice wasn't shaky.

"Try to eat a little more. You're a basketball star, you can't have an empty stomach." Chaeyoung said. Lisa sighed lightly, before beginning to take bites again. Chaeyoung seemed extremely happy, smiling as she watched her eat. Lisa swallowed the food, not wanting to talk with full.

"I don't know about basketball star. We haven't even had a game yet." Lisa said. Chaeyoung waved her comment away.

"Who cares? You'll be great regardless. You're a really good player, Lisa." Chaeyoung said. Lisa blushed madly, eyes flitting down to her food in embarrassment. Chaeyoung giggled before someone shouted at her, Lisa glancing back up at her.

"I gotta go. Try to eat some more, okay? Also, there's a practice after school today. See you there!" Chaeyoung said, before standing up and walking back to her own table. Lisa watched her go, eyes drifting up and down. Chaeyoung really looked good in her cheerleading outfit.

Lisa managed to eat all of her food after that. As she stood up and placed her tray back where it was, she glanced at Chaeyoung once more before exiting the cafeteria.

She tried telling herself it wasn't because of Chaeyoung's comments that made her eat all her food. Because it definitely wasn't.

Right?

~~

"Where did you run off to?"

Jisoo glanced at her as they got into their basketball attire, the girl tying her hair up into a ponytail. Jisoo shrugged her shoulders, finishing with her hair and shutting her locker door.

"Just went to hang out with Jennie. Nothing crazy." Jisoo replied. Lisa narrowed her eyes, having finished tying her own hair and shoving her other clothes into the locker next to Jisoo's.

"Really? You guys seemed in a hurry." Lisa said. Jisoo sighed, exasperated with the questioning.

"It's really nothing. Just drop it, okay?" Jisoo said harshly, before she turned and went towards the locker room exit. Lisa blinked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion from the harsh tone. She eventually sighed and followed Jisoo out, entering the gym seconds later. E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter