The First Game

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i know it's been ages since i last updated this fic but never fear! im back with one and i hope you enjoy it :)

Lisa's been at the school for almost a month now and she still doesn't understand things.

For one, why do all the girls seem to fawn over Yonghwa? She really doesn't see it and when she asked Jisoo about it, she didn't seem interested. It really made her confused.

And two, why does Park Chaeyoung have to come and ruin her life like she does?

All Lisa wanted to do was get through one day without her weird whatever-the-hell-they-are feelings swirling around in her heart whenever she saw the cheerleader. She couldn't decide whether or not they were crush feelings, or just her being weird. She could never really tell.

"First game is Friday, are you ready for it?" Lisa heard from across from her, making her jump out of her thoughts. She looked up at Jisoo, before shrugging her shoulders.

"I guess so. We've practiced non stop for a month- I'd be surprised if we lost at this point." Lisa replied. Jisoo nodded, eyes roaming around the cafeteria. They seemed to find somebody, because Lisa saw a hint of sadness fill her eyes before it was gone. 

Lisa glanced over her shoulder, sighing lightly when she saw Jennie entering through the doors. Lisa looked back at Jisoo.

"Are you ready for it?" Lisa asked, trying to derail Jisoo's attention. It seemed to work, because the older girl met her eyes.

"I think so. Nervous, but who wouldn't be?" Jisoo said. Lisa nodded, trying to think of another topic before Jisoo's eyes returned to Jennie. 

She was saved from having to do so when Chaeyoung bounded up to them both, handing them sheets of paper.

"Hi guys! I really need your help. Can you please put these up around the school? It's for the game on Friday. We have a surprise cheer practice right now and I can't. Please?" Chaeyoung begged, even clasping her hands together. Lisa was ready to say yes immediately, but Jisoo just groaned.

"That sounds like too much work. Sorry Chaeng, I can't do it right now." Jisoo said. Chaeyoung frowned for a few seconds, before her radiant smile came back as she shrugged.

"Well, okay, I understand." Chaeyoung replied. She must have assumed Lisa would also say no, because she began to gather up the flyers in her hands again. Lisa met Jisoo's eyes, Jisoo giving her a look that said 'don't do it'. Lisa looked at her with exasperation, before sighing and stopping Chaeyoung.

"I can do it. I have nothing to do." Lisa said, taking the flyers from her. Chaeyoung blinked, shock on her face.

"Lisa, no it's really okay. You can't do it all by yourself." Chaeyoung said. Lisa gathered them all up, shrugging her shoulders.

"No big deal. I'm okay with it." Lisa said, taking them all and standing up from her seat. She gave Chaeyoung a tiny smile, to which the girl smiled back widely.

"Thank you, thank you! I love you, you're amazing." Chaeyoung gushed, throwing her arms around her shoulders. Lisa blinked, heart fluttering in her chest at the action. 

"I'll see you guys later, bye!" Chaeyoung said, quickly giving Lisa a kiss on the cheek before scurrying away to her squad, the pack of girls leaving the cafeteria moments later. Lisa's face turned beet red, eyes following Chaeyoung as she left. She raised a hand and trailed her fingers along where Chaeyoung kissed her, unconsciously smiling.

"You look super gay right now." Jisoo commented, finishing her food and pushing her tray away from her. Lisa jumped, whipping her head over and glaring at her.

"That's rude to say, you can't say that as an insult anymore." Lisa said, disgust in her tone. Jisoo almost spit as she laughed, hands coming up to cover .

"Dude, no insult here. That's just a fact- you look like an angel just gave you eternal life or something." Jisoo said. Lisa fell silent, blush still coating her cheeks as she groaned.

"I'm leaving." Lisa replied, turning and making her way out of the cafeteria, not waiting for Jisoo to say bye. She was a piece of work sometimes.

It took Lisa about an hour to put all the flyers up, meaning she was definitely late for class and she was definitely going to be in trouble. There was no excuse of being new anymore considering she was already a month in, so she'll be in huge trouble for sure.

She was pleasantly surprised when she rushed into class, twenty minutes late and there was no detention slip on the desk for her. She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the teacher in confusion. He shrugged his shoulders.

"A Park Chaeyoung came to see me and informed me of your activities. She was adamant that you not get a detention for it." He said. Lisa stared at him, disbelief on her face. He motioned to her seat. "Sit down now."

Lisa scurried to her seat, swiftly sitting down and opening her book up. Her mind drifted to Chaeyoung, as it usually did.

She wished she wasn't so nice.

~~

"Lisa!"

Lisa blinked, stopping in her tracks and turning on her heel. Chaeyoung was rushing to catch up with her, still in her cheerleading outfit from the practice they just had. Lisa tried not to let her eyes wander.

Chaeyoung caught up to her, panting slightly from the running. She gave her a smile before handing her a square piece of paper.

"Here, it's an invitation. I'm planning a party after the game on Friday, you should come." Chaeyoung said. Lisa looked down, taking the paper from her and opening it up to read inside. She already knew her answer, but wanted to make it look like she was considering.

"Sure, I guess I'll come." Lisa said, looking up at her. Chaeyoung squealed, clapping her hands cutely.

"Great! I can't wait." Chaeyoung said happily. Lisa smiled, pocketing the paper in her jacket. A beep from a car caught their attention, Lisa's mother waiting for her in the parking lot.

"I gotta go. See you tomorrow." Lisa said, waving awkwardly. Chaeyoung waved back, Lisa feeling her eyes on her all the way to the car. Good thing she didn't trip this time.

She entered the car, not looking back at Chaeyoung in fear that she'd start blushing immediately. She buckled her seatbelt without a word, her mother starting the car and beginning to drive.

"That was Chaeyoung, right? How has she been?" Her mother asked. Lisa kept her hand on her pocket, thoughts swimming about Chaeyoung and the party. Her mother glanced at her, eyebrows furrowed. "Lisa?"

"Hm?" Lisa muttered, eyes flitting up to her. Her mother sighed.

"I asked how Chaeyoung has been. Are you okay, honey?" 

"Oh, um, good I guess. We don't hang out a lot at school. And I'm fine, why?" Lisa said, looking out the window as they neared their house.

"You seem off today. Something the matter? You know you can talk to me." Her mother replied. Lisa smiled slightly- her mother was always the sweetest.

"I know, mom. I'm fine though, don't worry. I had something to ask you, actually." Lisa said, returning her eyes to her mother as she pulled into their driveway. Her mother looked to her immediately, giving her all her attention.

"What is it? Is it a boy? He cannot stay over under any circ-"

"Mom, what? No, jesus calm down." Lisa said. Her mother seemed to relax a little, nodding at Lisa to speak.

"Chaeyoung gave me an invitation for a party on Friday. Can I go?" Lisa asked, handing her mother the paper. She looked at it, reading over the information thoroughly.

"You said Chaeyoung's having it?" Her mother asked. Lisa nodded, heart pounding in anticipation. Her mother sighed, before handing the paper back to her.

"You know my thoughts on parties, Lalisa." SHe said, stepping out of the car and shutting the door. Lisa sighed, grabbing her stuff and scurrying out of the car, catching up to her mother as she got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter