Caught

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa sat on her living room couch, eyes glued to the floor as she waited for her mother to come meet her. She said nothing to her on their ride home from school, and she was getting increasingly nervous for the conversation ahead.

Her mother finally joined her, the woman sitting in the arm chair across from the couch. Lisa didn't move, or look up- she was too afraid.

"Lisa." Toi said firmly, causing Lisa to finally look up at her. She looked so disappointed.

"Mom, I swear, none of those accusations are true." Lisa said, repeating it for the hundredth time that day. Her mother stared at her.

"I know, honey, I believe you." Toi said. Lisa blinked in confusion, eyebrows furrowing.

"Then, what are we here to talk about?" Lisa said.

"It's about the accusations still." Her mother replied. Lisa stared at her, not entirely sure what was going on. Before she could ask, her mother beat her to it.

"Lisa, I may not believe you'd do this, but we've seen in the past that you're... capable of things." Her mother said carefully, studying her closely. Lisa sat still as a statue, her mother's words echoing in her mind.

"I don't want it to happen again, Lalisa. Just promise me, no more trouble. Okay?" Her mother said. Lisa didn't move an inch, eyes going to the floor. Her mother really thought she was capable of bad things, all because of one mistake.

"Lisa, please." Her mother said. 

Finally, Lisa sighed and nodded. 

"I promise it won't happen again, mom." She said. She met her mother's eyes, seeing a grateful smile on her face.

"Good. Now, let's go bake some cookies." Toi said, smile widening as she got up and took Lisa's hand, leading them both into the kitchen.

The cookies didn't taste as good as they used to.

~~

"So, what I'm thinking, is Nayeon must have been feeling sick. I mean, why would she-"

"Do you ever stop gossiping?" Lisa said, teasing tone to her voice. Jisoo pressed a hand to her heart in offence.

"I happen to not think of it as gossiping- I'm reporting my findings." Jisoo replied. Lisa rolled her eyes, shaking her head at her friend. She was really something.

Silence surrounded them as they entered their class, finding their seats beside one another in the back, where they first met. They always sat in the same spots in Ms. Hwang's class, and they planned for it to stay that way.

Ms. Hwang wasn't there yet, so that gave them time to talk.

"So, how's your situation going?" Lisa asked her, turning her body to face her. Jisoo fidgeted with her fingers, blush coming to her cheeks. She looked at Lisa sheepishly.

"Um, I actually haven't talked to her." Jisoo confessed. Lisa slumped her shoulders.

"Jisoo, you won't know for sure unless you do." Lisa replied. Jisoo sighed, laying her head down on her arms on her desk.

"I know, I know. But every time I get close to talking to her, I get scared. I don't want her to reject me, Lisa." Jisoo said, raising her head to look at her. Lisa could see the genuine fear in her eyes, making her sigh and give her a tiny smile.

"I know. Don't worry, okay? Talk to her when you're ready." Lisa said. Jisoo nodded, smiling back slightly. Ms. Hwang walked in soon after, cutting their conversation a bit short as they turned to face the front.

Her morning seemed to drag on slowly, so when lunch finally came around she was honestly relieved and ecstatic. She was hungry and just wanted to relax for an hour with her best friend.

Jisoo told her to meet her in the cafeteria, so she walked to her locker by herself. The hall she was in was void of any life, considering everyone was going out or in the cafeteria eating. She glanced up and down, putting her books away and grabbing her wallet from her backpack. Just as she was about to walk down to the cafeteria, she heard something. Something weird.

Lisa paused, the squeak of her shoe echoing in the empty hall. She furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head to listen better. She couldn't hear it very well from where she was, but she still heard it. Noises.

Lisa walked slowly forward, the noises getting closer as she neared a classroom just up ahead in the hall. She gulped, slightly afraid of what she could find in it.

Lisa approached the classroom door, which was left slightly ajar. The noises were very loud now, and she realized what they were.

Moans.

Lisa's eyes widened, covering to keep from making any noise herself. Well, someone was getting lucky.

She was about to leave whoever was behind the door to it, consideirng it was definitely none of her business. If people wanted to get it on when they could, who was she to judge?

But, just as she turned to walk away, one word from a breathy voice made her freeze.

"Yonghwa." 

Lisa stopped short, frozen in place. Someone that did not sound like Chaeyoung just moaned out her boyfriends name.

Lisa whipped around, heart po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter