Treatment

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ow!"

"If you'd stay still, it wouldn't hurt as much!"

Lisa sighed heavily and winced as Chaeyoung pressed the cold cloth on her face once again. She claimed to be trying to get the blood of her face from her nose, but Lisa's pretty sure she wanted an excuse to rub her skin off her face, becuase that's what it seemed like she was doing.

"If you didn't rub so hard, it wouldn't hurt!" Lisa snapped back. Chaeyoung sighed and pulled back, looking at her with her brown eyes. Lisa immediately felt guilty- she was just trying to help her. Lisa sighed again and looked down.

"I'm sorry, that was out of line." Lisa said quietly. She heard another faint sigh before gentle hands grabbed her face, bringing it back up. She inaudibly gulped as Chaeyoung smiled at her, the girl going back to cleaning the blood off her face.

"It's cool. Don't worry about it." Chaeyoung said. Lisa met her eyes, the two staring at one another. Chaeyoung's hand slowly stopped moving on her face, coming to a complete halt as they looked at one another. A loud voice suddenly broke them apart, Chaeyoung jumping back as if she were burned.

"Thanks for your help, Chaeyoung. I'll take it from here." The nurse, Ms. Kim, said to them. Chaeyoung looked back at her, then nodded. She stepped away from Lisa, only walking over to the chair in the corner of the nurse's office to wait. Lisa glanced at her.

"You don't have to stay, I'll be fine." Lisa said, giving her a small smile. Chaeyoung didn't budge, only crossed her leg over the other. She leaned back in the chair, getting comfortable.

"I want to make sure you're okay." Chaeyoung said sincerely. Lisa blinked, faint blush coating her cheeks as the nurse took her head in her own hands. Ms. Kim tilted her head back, making her look at the ceiling instead of Chaeyoung's face.

Ms. Kim eventually let Lisa's head go. She looked around on her desk and grabbed a sticky note. She wrote a little message, handing it to Lisa.

"Here's a note to give to your parent or guardian. Good news is that it's a clean break, bad news is that well, it's broken. You'll have to get that checked out at the hospital, so-"

"Wait, no. No hospitals. Can't you just reset it?" Lisa pleaded, eyes flling with fear at the thought of going to a hospital. Ms. Kim blinked at the request, Chaeyoung looking at her in surprise too.

"Lisa, I don't think-" Ms. Kim began to say.

"Please, Ms. Kim. Just try?" Lisa asked. Ms. Kim stared at her for a good few seconds, before sighing in defeat. She ripped the sticky note up and threw it away, before settling her hands on Lisa's face.

"This is going to hurt. A lot." Ms. Kim said, not sugarcoating it one bit. Lisa nodded frantically, eyes closing tight. She suddenly felt something soft on her clenched fist at her side, causing her to peek her eye open. Chaeyoung stood near the bed, hand cradling her own in a sign of support. Lisa blushed lightly, finding herself relaxing with Chaeyoung's hand on hers.

That is, until her nose suddenly hurt like hell.

"! , god damn it!" She yelled, hands shooting up to cradle her now reset nose. Ms. Kim sighed and stepped away, writing Lisa another note for her teacher to know why she was late to class. Lisa whimpered as she held her nose, which began throbbing with pain.

"Lisa, are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked, concerned. Lisa felt a gentle hand on her shoulder, squeezing it. Her comfort caused Lisa to relax some more, hands rubbing at her nose still. Ms. Kim handed her the note and also an ice pack wrapped in a towel.

"Here, for the pain. I hope I don't have to do this again, okay Lisa?" Ms. Kim said. Lisa nodded, wincing as she placed the ice pack on her face. She took the note and hopped off the bed, Chaeyoung's hands finding her arm to guide her out of the office. Lisa tried to focus on making her nose feel better rather than her erratic heartbeat.

They stepped out of the office, Chaeyoung guiding her down the hall towards her next class.

"Lisa, why didn't you want to go to the hospital?" Chaeyoung asked. Lisa tensed up slightly at the question, not going unnoticed by Chaeyoung. When Lisa didn't actually respond, Chaeyoung decided not to question. "Okay, nevermind. Here's your class. Will you be okay?"

Lisa nodded, feeling empty when Chaeyoung's hands stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter