Accusations

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week was absolute hell for Lisa.

For one, she could barely look at herself in the mirror without disgust- if she didn't do what she did at her old school, she wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. She wouldn't even be in Korea in the first place.

Then there's the fact that she could barely look at Jisoo without feeling like absolute for not telling her the truth about her past. Jisoo was always kind to her- her first friend and only best friend she's ever really had. She deserved to know, yet she still hasn't told her.

And lastly, there's Chaeyoung. Sweet and genuine Chaeyoung that had no clue what was going on, and she just wanted to know if she was okay. It made Lisa's heart sting like hell whenever she blew her off, avoided her or flat out told her off to get her away from her. It's been a whole week of her doing that and it was starting to make her have quite the reputation, it seemed.

Not many people liked her anymore because of her sudden attitude towards Chaeyoung, but she couldn't do anything about that. She was told to stay away, and she had to stay away. 

Lisa sighed deeply, staring into her locker at essentially nothing. It was lunch time, so she didn't have anything to do. Jisoo had ditched her to take a re-test for her math class, so Lisa was left all alone. Or so she thought.

Someone tapped her shoulder, making her jump. She turned, eyebrows furrowing upon seeing Jennie, signature leather jacket over her shoulders.

"Come with me." Jennie said- more like demanded. She didn't wait for Lisa to reply, only turned and began walking down the hallway. Lisa watched after her, wondering if she should actually go with this possible lunatic or not.

Lisa sighed again, shutting her locker and jogging to catch up with Jennie. She followed her outside and all the way to the field, under the bleachers. Okay, now Lisa was beginning to get scared. Jennie glanced around outside and, upon seeing no one could see them, turned to Lisa with her arms crossed.

"I'm gonna ask you something, and I want you to be honest, got it?" Jennie said, staring into her soul. Lisa gulped silently, mouth going dry from nerves. Jennie waited for an answer, Lisa fidgeting with her fingers.

"O-okay." Lisa stuttered out. Jennie nodded once, pausing a bit before asking her question.

"Do you have a crush on Chaeyoung?" Jennie said. 

Lisa's heart stopped, mind coming to a halt. She briefly remembered what Jisoo had told her- that Jennie was still hung up on Chaeyoung. So, she debated whether to tell the truth or not- which was she didn't know. Before she could come to a decision, Jennie spoke again.

"I don't have all day. Answer the ing question." Jennie said, eyes looking angry. Lisa gulped again, clearing .

"This is me telling the honest truth- I don't know." Lisa admitted. Jennie didn't reply, just kept her eyes on her- studying her. Lisa remained still, heart pounding nervously at what Jennie could do next. Eventually, Jennie relaxed, sighing and uncrossing her arms.

"You're telling the truth." Jennie muttered, almost to herself rather than Lisa. But Lisa nodded anyway, Jennie biting and chewing on her bottom lip, deep in thought.

Lisa stood there, not entirely sure what to do. She heard the warning bell for class to begin, her eyes widening a little.

"Um, I'm sorry, but I gotta-"

"Don't ing move." Jennie snapped. Lisa fell silent, fear creeping into her heart. Was she about to die?

Jennie rubbed her temples, turning and going over to the side under the bleachers, sitting on the grass. She patted the spot next to her, indicating for Lisa to sit down with her. Lisa hesitated, eyes moving over to the school. She really didn't want to be late again- she hated the thought of getting in trouble. 

But she hated the thought of Jennie beating her up even more.

Lisa stepped forward, timidly and cautiously sitting down next to Jennie. Jennie didn't speak at first, only picked at the grass in front of her.

"Jennie, what's this all ab-" Jennie threw up a hand, effectively cutting Lisa off.

"How do you not know?" Jennie said, continuing to pick at the grass. Lisa paused, mulling over the question in her mind. She slumped her shoulders in defeat, sighing.

"I- I just don't know. I feel weird around her, but who knows if that's a crush or if I'm just nervous around the most popular girl?" Lisa said. Jennie nodded slowly, taking in her words.

"She won't like you back." Jennie stated, bringing her eyes up to meet Lisa's. There was a type of sadness in Jennie's eyes, catching Lisa off guard. Jennie looked away just as quickly, looking down at the grass.

"I don't understand." Lisa replied. Jennie scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"She won't- she can't. Trust me, I've been there and done that." Jennie said, picking the grass more aggressively. Lisa watched her hands attack the grass.

"What do you mean? You were together?" Lisa asked. Of course, she kinda already knew that- to some extent. But she wasn't throwing Jisoo under the bus for telling her.

Jennie paused her assault on the grass blades, lifting her head up. The girl looked out between the bleacher seats, eyes unfocused.

"You could say that. You could say we were in love, even. Maybe." Jennie said, hands stilling in her lap. Lisa stared at her, still confusion in her eyes.

"In love? But you said she-"

"I know what I said. And I mean it. She can't like you back, but not for the reason you're thinking." Jennie said, sadness in her tone. She met Lisa's eyes, giving her a sad smile. "She's got a watch dog, and that dog ruined me just like he'll ruin you."

Lisa blinked in shock, staring at Jennie in disbelief.

"What? You mean Yonghwa?" Lisa asked, growing more confused by the second. Jennie pursed her lips, sighing and standing up off the ground. Lisa followed suit quickly, keeping her eyes on her.

"Be careful, Lisa. Remember what I said." Jennie said, before turning and going to exit from under the bleachers. Lisa called out, stopping her.

"Why are you telling me this? Are you not still in love with her?" Lisa asked, telling herself it was for Jisoo's sake and not her own. Jennie paused in walking, frozen in her spot as she seemed to think of a reply.

Jennie turned slightly, giving Lisa a reassuring smile.

"You'll have no issue from me." Was all she said before she left Lisa alone to her thoughts, which were swimming with even more questions.

When did highschool get so complicated?

~~

"Lalisa Manoban, you will stop right there and ing talk to me!" Chaeyoung yelled, trying to get Lisa to stop walking away from her in the parking lot. Lisa groaned, not slowing her pace. She had to walk that day and she wished she didn't run into Chaeyoung on her way out, because she could have avoided this.

"Lisa! Stop for one minute." Chaeyoung shouted, clearly not giving up. Lisa was honestly getting annoyed with the girl.

"Chaeyoung, leave me alone." Lisa said plainly, walking across the parking lot and out of the schoolyard, walking on the sidewalk towards her house. Chaeyoung continued on, walking behind her.

"No, not until you talk to me." Chaeyoung said firmly. Lisa had to give the girl props for trying for this long- Lisa would have given up in a day. 

Lisa sighed deeply. She had had enough of this.

"Go to your boyfriend and leave me alone." Lisa snapped, spinning around suddenly and facing Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung pulled herself to a stop, eyebrows furrowing.

"Boyfriend? What does Yonghwa have to do with this? Did he say something to you?" Chaeyoung said, eyes searching Lisa's for some kind of answer. Lisa pursed her lips, cursing her loose tongue.

"It doesn't matter. We can't hang out anymore, Chaeyoung. You're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter