Consequences

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa Manoban to the office please."

Lisa slowly raised her head from her desk, eyes immediately shooting over to Chaeyoung next to her. Chaeyoung stared back at her, slight fear in her eyes at the other girl being called down. Lisa gave her a reassuring smile- though, it was more for herself than Chaeyoung.

"Go, Lisa. Try to hurry back." Ms. Ahn said, gesturing her out. Lisa stood up, bowing her head and quickly making her way out, ignoring the eyes and whispers as she passed.

The walk to the office was a long one and she felt utterly drained by the end of it. She gulped outside Ms. Lee's office, eyes glancing over at Bom at the reception desk. Bom met her eyes, giving her a smile.

"Don't worry, Lisa. No need to be afraid." Bom said. Lisa appreciated the kind words, she really did- but they didn't help one bit.

And they certainly wouldn't ever help, because once she walked inside, her heart dropped into her stomach.

"Mom?" Lisa said, a tinge of fear in her tone. Her mother turned, a disappointed look on her face once she saw her standing there. Ms. Lee stood up, gesturing to the seat next to her mother.

"Lisa, I'm happy you could join us. Sit down, please." Ms. Lee said, waiting for Lisa to finally sit down before she sat down herself. Ms. Lee cleared , clasping her hands on the desk.

"I won't take up too much of your time, Toi. This is just very important." Ms. Lee said, glancing between the two of them. Toi sighed, sitting up straight.

"What did she do?" Toi asked outright. Lisa whipped her head over to her mother in astonishment- she really didn't want to hear her side?

Ms. Lee sighed, giving them a smile.

"Firstly, I wanted to say the accusations about the stalking have been dropped. The person contacted us and told us to forget about it." Ms. Lee said. Relief flooded Lisa- at least that's one good thing.

"But the reasoning behind them dropping those, is because they have new ones." 

Lisa felt that relief rush out of her at those words, colour draining from her face. Toi glanced at Lisa, before meeting Ms. Lee's eyes once again.

"And those are?" Toi asked.

Ms. Lee sighed deeply.

"Assault, of some sorts. The person has accused Lisa," Ms. Lee glanced to Lisa, then back to her mother. "Of planting a rat in their locker, intending to attack them."

Toi blinked several times, before turning to Lisa incredulously.

"Lisa? You did this?" She asked. Lisa sputtered like a fish, face white as a sheet.

"What?! No! I'd never do that." Lisa replied. Her stuttering and shaky voice didn't help, because her mother just stared at her, pursing her lips tightly.

"We don't know if these are true, as we have no surveillance in the school to go off of. No one saw you do this- it's their word against yours." Ms. Lee stated. Lisa gulped, nodding her head shakily. She looked down to the floor as Ms. Lee continued.

"I don't know where to go from here. Either you're lying, or they're lying. If you did do this, just come clean now and we can sort it out. If not, I'll speak to this person again and try to diffuse the situation." Ms. Lee said. Lisa gulped, eyes glued to the floor still.

"I did it." She heard from behind. It was a voice that she loved- but she didn't want to hear it saying that.

Her eyes widened, head whipping behind her. Ms. Lee followed her eyes, her eyes wide with shock.

"Chaeyoung? You did this?" Ms. Lee said, clearly not believing it. Chaeyoung held her ground, eyes filled with determination. She merely glanced at Lisa, who gave her a pleading look before she looked back to the Principal.

"Yes, I did. He deserved what he got, Ms. Lee. He's been harrassing Lisa and I for far too long. I don't regret it." Chaeyoung said. Lisa kept her eyes on her, mouth dropped open in surprise. She heard Ms. Lee take a breath, before she let it out slowly. Chaeyoung gave Lisa a tiny smile, before returning her gaze to Ms. Lee.

"Chaeyoung, I have to say I'm shocked. I'm afraid you'll have to come with me, for now." Ms. Lee said solemnly, before she got out of her chair and went to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung nodded, allowing her arm to be taken and pulled out of the office. Lisa's mind kicked into gear, her ears ignoring her mother's calls as she sprinted out of the office, grabbing onto Chaeyoung to stop her.

"Chaeyoung, what are you doi-"

"Lisa, stop. I have to go." Chaeyoung said, meeting her eyes. Lisa stared back, tears building in her chest. This wasn't how it was meant to go- they were supposed to celebrate, feel good about their plan. 

"Chaeyoung, please, you can't do this." Lisa replied. Ms. Lee sighed, deciding to spread out and give the two some space. Chaeyoung chuckled, reaching out and cupping Lisa's cheeks. Lisa froze, eyes wide and heart beating out of her chest. Chaeyoung smiled at her.

"I'll be fine. Let me go." Chaeyoung said. Lisa didn't respond this time, mind going all over the place at how close Chaeyoung was and how she was touching her. Chaeyoung leaned in, pressing a lingering kiss to Lisa's cheek. Lisa stood there, not breathing as Chaeyoung kissed her. Chaeyoung pulled away, thumbs lightly caressing her cheeks before she let go, allowing Ms. Lee to take her arm again.

Lisa stood stock still, finally letting out a breath when the two of them turned the corner, Lisa staring down the hall.

She barely registered her mother coming out to her, didn't hear her words or feel her touch. All she could feel was Chaeyoung's lips on her cheek.

She could only hear her heart breaking in her chest.

~~

"She did what?!" Jisoo shouted, Lisa covering her left ear from the outburst.

"She took the fall for it." Lisa repeated. Jisoo stared at her incredulously, eyes searching hers for any sign of a lie. When Jisoo didn't find that, she slumped over, leaning back against Jennie for support. Jennie held her up, the leather clad girl meeting Lisa's eyes.

"Why would she do that? It was all of us, not just her." Jennie said. Lisa shrugged, mind still processing everything that happened.

"I-I don't know. Yonghwa didn't name you guys- he just wanted it to be me, but Chaeyoung came in and-" Lisa cut herself short, biting her lip and looking at the ground.

Jennie stared at her, before flitting her eyes to Jisoo, who still seemed out of it.

"Babe, are you alright? Do you need to lay down?" Jennie said, concern lacing her voice. Jisoo finally came back to reality, the older girl blinking and shaking her head, shoving herself off of Jennie.

"No, we need to go in there and tell the truth- that it was all of us. We can't do that to Chaeyoung." Jisoo said. Lisa glanced up at her, flitting her eyes between the both of them. Jennie gave her a look, before she sighed and timidly touched Jisoo's arm.

"Sweetie, I don't know if that's a good idea. Chaeyoung did this for a reason and besides- would they even beli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter