Date Night

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: hello everyone i have ANOTHER update. I know it's crazy :p later on for the story, Chaeyoung is regular text and Lisa in italics. I hope you enjoy this chap it made me feel kinda emotional writing a certain part of it because i love the song i used for it (it's paint me by mamamoo if anyone wants to know since i used the english lyrics) anyway i love you guys thanks for the support :)

"You know, we've never gone on an actual date."

Lisa looked to her left, Chaeyoung leaning against the lockers next to hers. There was no one else in there- just the two of them, Lisa having fully searched the area just to be safe.

Lisa felt her face flush.

"I guess we haven't." She replied, going back to packing up her basketball uniform. She heard movement, Chaeyoung's hand coming up to slowly close her locker door. Lisa glanced up at the girl, Chaeyoung moving to go in front of her and lean on her locker.

"We should go on a date." Chaeyoung said. Lisa chuckled.

"A date? But we're already dating." Lisa said, the word still feeling foreign to her. She still couldn't believe she got to say that.

Chaeyoung pouted, her arms coming up to rest on Lisa's shoulders.

"But we never got to have a proper date. We should have a date night!" Chaeyoung said in excitement. Lisa gazed into her eyes- she looked so happy and excited.

Lisa didn't respond, prompting Chaeyoung to lean forward and brush her lips along her jaw and up her cheek, Lisa shivering at the feeling.

"Come on, I'll make it worth your while." Chaeyoung said, smirk on her face. Lisa flushed, shyly turning her head away.

"Chaeng." She said with embarrassment, Chaeyoung only giggling and pulling back from her.

"No, but seriously Lisa- just one night? Please?" Chaeyoung begged, giving her the best puppy dog eyes Lisa had ever seen. It didn't take long for Lisa to cave, a sigh ecaping her lips before she nodded. Chaeyoung squealed, leaning in and giving her a peck on the lips.

"Yay! Let's get home and get ready." Chaeyoung said, gripping her hand and pulling her along out of the locker room. Lisa shook her head in amusement, before her eyes widened slightly.

What was she going to wear?

~~

"Jisoo, this is serious."

"I am being serious! Just wear a trash bag and she'll be as happy as can be. She's too into you to care." 

Lisa sighed deeply into the phone, shaking her head and staring into her closet. She had spent the last few hours scouring her closet, the attic, the basement- anywhere she could think for a nice outfit for the date tonight. Chaeyoung seemed to already have hers figured out, the girl seemingly not worried at all as she sat downstairs watching TV.

"You're really no help at all." Lisa huffed, shuffling through her clothes once more. She could hear Jisoo rolling her eyes at her.

"God, fine. Where's the date going to be, anyway? Is it even fancy?" Jisoo asked.

"Chaeyoung said to dress nice, but not overly fancy. But I still don't know what she means by that." Lisa whined, Jisoo sighing through the phone.

"Just wear, I don't know, a suit jacket and jeans or something." Jisoo said. Lisa paused, lightbulb going off in her head.

"Jisoo, you're a genius. Speak to you later." Lisa said. Before Jisoo could say anything, she hung up and quickly went to her mother's room.

She opened the door, walking inside and glancing around. She didn't like coming in here a lot- it always reminded her of her father. Although everything happened in Thailand, seeing her mother's room and just knowing that he would have been here, lying next to her like always- she hated thinking about it.

Lisa took a breath, slowly making her way to the closet in the corner, opening it up. A melancholic smile made its way to her face when she spotted what she was looking for, not even hidden from her. She reached out, pulling the black suit jacket off of the hanger. Lisa inhaled shakily, feeling the material in her hands. She could still remember her father wearing this to her middle school graduation- he looked red in the face from the heat, but he powered through with a smile on his face just for her.

Tears pricked her eyes, Lisa clearing and blinking to keep them at bay. She walked over to the mirror, holding the jacket up to her frame. She slowly put it on, fixing the collar afterwards and smoothing it down. It fit her perfectly.

She smiled a little at herself- it looked good on her.

She kept the jacket on, going back to the closet and snatching up a tie lying in the corner. Probably also her father's.

Lisa returned to her bedroom, grabbing some black jeans from her drawer and putting everything on her bed. She nodded once, satisfied with her outfit. A knock at her door startled her, making her turn around.

"Chaeyoung said you two won't be joining me for dinner." Her mother said, giving her a sly smile. Lisa rolled her eyes.

"She just wants us to go on a date. Since we never really had one before." Lisa replied, looking back at her outfit on her bed. Her mother came up beside her, putting an arm around her. They both gazed at the suit jacket.

"He'd be proud of you, you know." Her mother said. Lisa smiled at that- albeit a little bitterly.

"Yeah?" Lisa said. Toi nodded, giving her a squeeze.

"He would be. And he'd love Chaeyoung too- because I do, and I would make him love her." Toi said, letting out a slight laugh afterwards. Lisa laughed a little too, nodding her head.

"Yeah, he would."

They fell into silence after that, both of them looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter