Forgiveness

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even with her explanation as to why she did what she did, people still looked at her differently. They looked at her as if she were some sort of criminal- as if she would attack them on sight. There were some people she wanted to beat up, but it wasn't like it was everyone.

Lisa sighed, sitting alone at an empty cafeteria table. It was her and Jisoo's table, but the older girl wasn't there when she got there. So, she sat by herself at it, eating what she bought. She could hear the gossip about her from a mile away- the whispers filling her ears up. She stared at her food, poking it absentmindedly as she thought of her conversation with Taeyeon.

"Yah." She heard next to her. Lisa flitted her eyes up, meeting Jennie's eyes. Her hear filled with happiness at the sight of her- she had never been so relieved to see Jennie Kim in all her life.

"Jennie!" Lisa said, smiling and gesturing to the spot across from her. Jennie smiled, sitting down in the seat. When Jennie looked up again, she froze with her eyes widened.

"Holy , Lisa. What the happened to your face?" Jennie exclaimed. Lisa almost forgot about her injuries- the throbbing pain had dulled over the course of lunch and she barely felt anything at that point. It looked worse than it felt.

"Oh, um- had a run in with a rat. A giant one." Lisa said, hoping Jennie would catch on to her comparison. Jennie narrowed her eyes, the gears turning in her head. She suddenly gasped.

"Yonghwa did this? Oh, he's getting a nice gift today, then." Jennie said, already ready to spring up and go beat him to the ground. Lisa shot up, stopping her.

"No, don't. Just sit with me." LIsa pleaded. Jennie paused, looking at her. She finally sighed, sitting back down. Lisa gave her a grateful smile, also sitting back down.

"How you doing today?" Jennie asked, trying to change the subject quickly.  Lisa was grateful that she did- and her presence brought some form of appetite back for Lisa. Lisa shrugged, nibbling on her food.

"Okay, I guess. Jisoo didn't speak or look at me." Lisa replied, sighing deeply. Jennie frowned.

"She said she was going to talk to you today." Jennie said, more so to herself than to Lisa. Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the older girl. Jennie was chewing on her lip, deep in thought about something.

"You've seen her?" Lisa asked. Jennie glanced at her, nodding slightly.

"Of course. We were hanging out under the bleachers for lunch." Jennie said. Lisa raised both eyebrows, looking at her suggestively. Jennie's face flushed, the girl looking away.

"Stop. We really were just talking." Jennie muttered, Lisa giggling at her reaction. Her laughter died down almost immediately, though- it was hard to keep laughing in a time like this.

"Why won't she talk to me?" Lisa said. Jennie sighed, shrugging and reaching over, taking some bites of Lisa's food.

"I don't know. Maybe she isn't ready for it yet." Jennie said with full. Lisa frowned, looking down at her food. Jennie glanced up at her, the girl's heart clenching at the sight of Lisa looking so broken.

"I'll talk to her, okay? Maybe I can convince her to talk to you." Jennie said. Lisa whipped her head up, looking at her.

"Would you do that?" Lisa replied. Jennie nodded her head, leaning back in her seat.

"Of course. I know where she is right now- I'll go. You stay here and wait." Jennie said, standing up. Lisa nodded, watching the girl exit the cafeteria.

Lisa sat there for a minute, before she looked at the time. There was only about fifteen minutes left of the lunch period.

She couldn't help it- her curiousity, and restlessness, caused her to shoot up and throw her food out, following after Jennie. She vaguely remembered the girl going to the left, and decided to go that direction. Since not a lot of time had passed since Jennie left, Lisa actually wasn't far behind the girl. She turned the corner, stopping in her tracks when she saw Jennie slip into the music room. Lisa should've known Jisoo was there.

Lisa rushed forward, stopping in front of the door. It was slightly ajar, meaning she had the opportunity to see and listen at the same time. She felt bad for eavesdropping, but she had to hear it for herself- why Jisoo wouldn't speak to her.

"Jisoo." Jennie said, Lisa watching as the girl sat next to her on the piano bench. Jisoo played a few keys, disgregarding Jennie's presence. Jennie sighed at the lack of response. "Jisoo, come on. She needs you."

"She didn't tell me." Jisoo replied, Lisa's heart dropping in guilt.

"I know. It , I know, but she's hurting. She has literally no one- I'm the only one giving her the time of day." Jennie responded. Jisoo stopped in her playing, looking up at Jennie.

"I can't- I don't know how to talk to her now. How do I even bring this up?" Jisoo said, desperation in her tone. Jennie sighed again, reaching out and brushing Jisoo's hair behind her ear, the older of the two pressing her cheek into Jennie's hand.

"Just go to her. She'll do the talking." Jennie replied. Jisoo sighed, the girl closing her eyes as Jennie caressed her cheek. Lisa felt really awkward- this felt very intimate an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter