Questions

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: the text conversation has chaeng in italics and lisa regular font.

Lisa blinked in disbelief- did she hear Jisoo right?

"Wait, what? Chaeyoung? As in, head cheerleader and honour student Park Chaeyoung?" Lisa asked. Jisoo rolled her eyes.

"Do you know any other Park Chaeyoung's in this school?" Jisoo replied. Lisa fell silent, bottom lip caught in her teeth. She looked back up at Jisoo.

"Wait, so- they dated? Is Chaeyoung- is she-"

"No- Look, I don't know. I've said too much already, let's just go. I need to get home." Jisoo said quickly, standing up and grabbing her stuff. She didn't even wait for Lisa to grab her own before she was bolting from the locker room, already out of the door in seconds. Lisa quickly grabbed her own backpack and swung it onto her shoulders, rushing out the door.

Jisoo was gone.

Lisa huffed, crossing her arms and looking up and down the hallway. She quickly walked to the nearest exit to the school, going outside and to the parking lot. Jisoo's car was also gone. Lisa frowned- Jisoo was her ride home that day.

Lisa sighed and rubbed her face, sitting down on the steps in the front of the school. She had no other way to get home- her mother was working and had the car. She could have tried the bus, but she had no money. She was relying on Jisoo to get home.

Her prayers were answered with an angelic voice startling her out of her thoughts.

"Lisa! Hey, why are you still here?" Chaeyoung said, descending the steps beside her to the bottom as she conversed. Lisa looked down, blushing slightly.

"Um, Jisoo was my ride home. But she-" Lisa paused, deciding not to say what really made Jisoo go home without her. "She had to go help her sister with something. It was urgent, so she left."

Chaeyoung frowned, turning to face her.

"Well, that . I can give you a ride, if you want." Chaeyoung offered, giving her a smile.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. I can just walk." Lisa replied. She didn't want to bother her for one, and two she wasn't sure how she'd feel about being in an enclosed space with Chaeyoung for more than five minutes. It sounded like death waiting to happen.

But Chaeyoung, being the sweet person she was, just waved her statement away.

"It's not a big deal. Come on, let's go." Chaeyoung said, grabbing her hand and pulling her up and towards her car. Lisa looked at their hands, heart fluttering in her chest at the contact. Lisa unconsciously smiled at their hands, not realizing they'd made it to the car and Chaeyoung was rounding to the driver's side.

"You getting in?" Chaeyoung asked, opening the driver's side door slowly. Lisa jumped, face flushing as she opened her own door and got inside. When she glanced around, she saw that it was a very nice car. Not super fancy, but not old and beat up either. Which made sense, considering who Chaeyoung was.

Chaeyoung slipped in beside her, buckling her seatbelt and turning the car on.

"Do you know what kind of car this is?" Chaeyoung asked randomly, turning the radio on and setting the volume to low. Lisa furrowed her eyebrows, glancing around at the car again.

"No, should I?" Lisa said. Chaeyoung giggled, backing out of the parking lot and onto the street, Lisa directing her towards her house.

"It's a Chevrolet Cruze. It was actually pretty cheap, and it's super nice. And it's blue! My favourite colour." Chaeyoung said, clearly passionate about her car. Lisa watched her as she spoke, the light in her eyes bright. Lisa felt herself smiling.

"Do you have a car?" Chaeyoung asked, turning left when Lisa told her to.

"My mom does. I have my license, but my mom needs the car more." Lisa said. Chaeyoung nodded, the girl focused on the road. Lisa hated to admit that Chaeyoung looked very attractive while driving.

"What about your dad?" Chaeyoung said.

Lisa froze, heart stopping in her chest at the mention of her father. She swallowed the lump in ,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter