Better Memories

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa? Are you okay?" Jisoo asked, looking at the face-down girl on the bed. Lisa didn't respond, instead remained silent and sighed deeply. Jisoo glanced at Jennie, who just shrugged her shoulders.

Soft footsteps went past the bedroom, and Lisa knew right away it was Chaeyoung going downstairs. She shot up, looking to the door. Jisoo blinked.

"Lisa?" Jisoo said. Lisa didn't even glance at her, only got off the bed and walked to the door. She opened it, head peeking out. There was no one there, and if she was quiet enough, she wouldn't be heard.

"Stay here." Was all Lisa said before she exited the room, shutting the door. Jennie and Jisoo looked at one another, before they both sighed and sat on the bed, doing as they were told.

Lisa walked softly to the stairs, stepping down a couple until she could see the living room. She paused, holding her breath and slowly sitting down on the step, eyes trained on the group of people in the room. She caught the end of the officer's sentence.

"-he could have gone?" The officer said. Chaeyoung rubbed her temple, clearly exasperated with the officer already.

"And I'll tell you one more time, I don't know. We had a falling out and that was it. Maybe he went to have a tantrum somewhere." Chaeyoung grumbled, crossing her arms and leaning back on the couch she was sitting on. Her father frowned at her, a look of distaste in his eyes.

"Chaeyoung, enough. Cooperate with the man, or the rat thing won't be swept under the rug anymore." Her father said sternly, giving her an icy glare. Chaeyoung glanced up at him, slight fear in her eyes. She gulped, finally nodding and looking to the officer again. Lisa scowled, fist clenching at her side- she really wanted to punch him.

"I'm sorry officer, but I really have no idea where he is. The last time I saw him was at school this morning, and then he just stormed off without a word." Chaeyoung said.

"This morning, before or after you assaulted him?" The officer said, a tinge to his voice that Lisa couldn't quite place. It sounded like disgust.

Chaeyoung scoffed, looking away.

"I'm aware that that was probably a dumb idea, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat, officer. He hurt me and my friends and he had to pay." Chaeyoung replied, meeting the officer's eyes confidently. The officer didn't say anything, sighing lightly and glancing at Chaeyoung's father. Finally, he looked back to her.

"Do you have any idea where he could have gone? Think of any place." The officer said. Chaeyoung paused, taking her lip in between her teeth in thought. Lisa watched her, mind flitting to images of them earlier- how she was so close to those lips. 

She focused back again when Chaeyoung spoke.

"There's only one place we would go to- um, to be alone, sometimes. To talk, and stuff." Chaeyoung said, glancing at her father and shifting in her seat. Lisa cringed, a feeling of sickness filling her stomach- they definitely didn't talk there.

"It was an old tree house near the abandoned elementary school. We found it one day while on a walk and, it became our place." Chaeyoung said, and Lisa felt a pang in her heart at how wistful she sounded. Like she actually missed it.

The officer nodded once, saying something into his walkie before turning to Chaeyoung's father.

"Thanks for your time, and the information. The 'assault', may possibly be forgotten for now. We'll see." The officer said. Chaeyoung's father nodded, the officer brushing past him without another word and exiting the house.

Silence filled the room, Lisa watching with slight anticipation and fear. Chaeyoung sat here, eyes glued to the floor. Her father loomed over her.

"It's that Jennie girl, isn't it? That dyke that messed with your brain has got you doing crazy thin-"

"She's not a dyke! She's a human being with real feelings and you need to shut your mouth." Chaeyoung snapped, standing up with a fire in her eyes that, honestly, really turned Lisa on. She shook her head slightly, trying to focus back on the conversation at hand.

"Excuse me? I am your father." He growled back. Chaeyoung glared at him.

"And a father should be proud of his daughter. A father should support his daughter, not tear her down for every little thing. And a father shouldn't care who his daughter loves, as long as she's happy." Chaeyoung replied. Her father was taken aback by her boldness, but recovered quickly with a cold glare of his own.

"You're disgraced this family, and our name in this town. I had to bribe that officer a lot of money to forget this little rat incident. Do you want me to take that back?" He threatened. Chaeyoung faltered a little bit at that, her glare softening for a few seconds out of fear. She recovered, shaking her head.

"I don't care, dad. Do what you want. You always ing do." Chaeyoung said, and with one final glare, she brushed past him and made her way towards the stairs. Lisa's eyes widened, feet scrambling on the steps. She sprinted up the steps, quickly going to the guest room and rushing inside, shutting the door.

"Guys, what the ?!" Lisa exclaimed, covering her eyes immediately. Jennie shot off Jisoo in record time, rushing to pull her shirt back on. Jisoo groaned, pulling her shirt down from its bunched up place on her stomach.

"Way to block, Lisa." Jisoo grumbled, sitting up on the bed and fixing her hair. Jennie flushed, fixing her own and clearing . Lisa peeked through her fingers, sighing in relief when she saw them both clothed.

"This is Chaeyoung's house, and a guest bed. Save that for later because we've got bigger going on." Lisa said, walking to the bed and sitting down. She heard Jisoo sigh.

They heard steps outside the door soon after, Lisa flitting her eyes to the door in anticipation. The door slowly opened, an exhausted looking Chaeyoung entering and shutting the door behind her. The dark haired girl leaned back against the door, sighing deeply and rubbing her face. Lisa glanced at Jennie and Jisoo, both of them just looking back at her, clueless. Lisa sighed, clearing and standing up.

"Chaeyoung?" Lisa said timidly, taking slow steps towards the fragile girl. Chaeyoung didn't respond right away, but eventually she looked up, meeting Lisa's eyes. Lisa gave her a tiny smile.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Lisa said, attempting to sound innocent in her eavesdropping. Chaeyoung gave her a look.

"Lisa, I know you were listening. Don't hide it." Chaeyoung said to her, before she walked past her to sit herself down on the bed near Jennie. Lisa blinked, a blush on her cheeks as she sat down near Chaeyoung, the four of them creating a circle.

"I'm sorry, I- I didn't know it would get like that." Lisa said. Chaeyoung just shook her head, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter