The First Day

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa, get up or you'll be late!"

Lisa groaned into her pillow, pulling her blankets up in an attempt to block out her mother's voice. She sighed deeply, peeking an eye open to check the time on her clock. It read 7:45, meaning she only had thirty minutes to get ready for school. She groaned again, peeling herself from her comfy bed and dragging her feet to her bathroom. She rubbed her eyes, opening them slightly and looking at herself in the mirror.

She pulled on pieces of her tangled hair, grumbling under her breath. She'd really rather be asleep than go to school, but she knew that she had to go. It was her first day at the new school and she didn't want to get on anyone's bad side.

Lisa sighed and peeled her pajamas off her body, stepping into the shower and turning it on. She'd learned to be quick with her showers, so she was out with about ten minutes to spare.

"Lisa!" Her mother shouted from downstairs. Lisa grumbled as she slipped her uniform onto her body, quickly drying and brushing her hair out. She combed her bangs down, pressing onto them to make sure they covered her forehead. She grabbed her backpack and ran downstairs, meeting her mother at the door.

Her mother gave her a disapproving look, one that Lisa disregarded on her way out the door. She walked to their car, slipping into the passenger seat as her mother went into the driver seat. Lisa stared out the window as they backed out of the driveway, silence surrounding them both until her mother broke it.

"I'll give you some snacks at school since you missed breakfast." Her mother said. Lisa turned her head and looked at her, giving her a grateful smile.

"Thanks mom." Lisa replied. Her mother gave her a smile back before focusing on the road.

Lisa's heart dropped when her school came into view. Her mother parked in front, Lisa sighing as she unbuckled her seatbelt. Her mother handed her a paper bag with the snacks, just like she promised. LIsa smiled and bowed her head in thanks, taking the bag and opening her car door. Her mother stopped her.

"Try not to get into trouble, okay? And be safe." Her mother said. Lisa gave her a tiny smile, nodding at her. Her mother patted her shoulder, Lisa stepping out of the car and closing the door afterwards.

Her mother pulled away and drove off, Lisa watching her go. She sighed again, turning and staring at the looming building in front of her. She took a deep breath, adjusting her backpack on her shoulders and making her way inside.

"Watch out!"

Lisa jumped, almost falling backwards in her attempt to not get run over. A short haired girl breezed past her carrying several books in her arms. Lisa's heart pounded from the scare, the young girl not even saying sorry as she made her way down the hallway. Lisa gave the girl a slight glare, huffing. How rude.

She glanced around inside, noticing the clock just above her. She had only a few minutes until her first class started, whatever that may be. She quickly looked around, hoping someone could help her.

The only other person she saw was a tough looking girl some ways away, leather jacket hanging over her uniform. Her long black hair stood out like a sore thumb and Lisa would be lying if she said she wasn't a little bit afraid. But, she had no other choice.

She rushed up to the girl, startling her in her haste. The girl looked at her, glare set in her eyes in annoyance.

"What?" The girl demanded. Lisa gulped, giving her an awkward smile.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I didn't mean to b-bother you, but- but I don't know where the Principal's office is. Can you help me?" Lisa asked timidly. The girl stared at her, giving her a quick once over. The girl then met her eyes, glare softening ever so slightly.

"You new?" She asked. Lisa nodded, the girl standing up straight. Without a word she motioned for her to follow her, Lisa blinking in surprise at how easy it was for her to get her help. Lisa followed her silently,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter