limerence

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OH, THIS DELUSION IN OUR HEADS
IS GONNA BRING US TO OUR KNEES

SO COME ON, LET IT GO JUST LET IT BE
WHY DON'T YOU BE YOU, AND I'LL BE ME

EVERYTHING THAT'S BROKE LEAVE IT TO THE BREEZE
WHY DON'T YOU BE YOU AND I'LL BE ME.

*
James Bay

 

Luhan froze as Baekhyun and Sehun entered the kitchen.

It was so strange that he wondered if he even was alive and not dreaming because why on earth would these two be here?

Sehun...it had not even been twenty-four hours that they've been separated but still to Luhan it felt like years. Just seeing Sehun made him so happy and angry at the same time. Happy because he was stupidly in love with him and angry because that same boy had left him when he had needed him.

Luhan panicked, even more, when Baekhyun ran to him and suddenly hugged him tightly, under the shocked eyes of the other three.

It must've been his lucky day or something because literally he was receiving so many hugs and it was just the morning.

"Hey...Baek..." Luhan said weakly as the latter pulled away.

"Luhan!" Baekhyun said, "o my God, are you alright?"

Luhan just stared at him with wide eyes.

His eyes then slowly travelled to Sehun, who stood by the door with a stoic expression of his face and looking and his nails.

A pang of hurt hit Luhan on his chest, upon realizing that the reality was the reality and Sehun was Sehun.

He didn't care. Luhan was stupid to think that maybe it was Sehun who wanted to see him after what happened last night. But of course not.

Luhan looked back at Baekhyun and did his best happy face, "I am fine."

"Are you sure, you're alright?" Baekhyun asked again but Luhan gave him a blank look.

Baekhyun turned with an accusatory glare at Kyungsoo who didn't back away. He glared back instead.

"He told me you were not feeling good," Baekhyun half screamed, "You got me and Sehun worried for nothing!"

Suddenly Sehun looked up and scoffed, "Talk for yourself, Baek. I don't give two s about him."

It hurt.

It hurt Luhan that Sehun didn't even once glance at him as he said that.

It hurt that he said it in front of his friends.

"How dare you ing say that?" Kyungsoo snapped and if it wasn't for Jongin holding him back by his waist, Sehun would have been as good as dead.

"A cruel bastard, like always," Jongin said as he held his friend down, but he was smirking looking at Sehun.

Sehun just shrugged, "It's the truth though. I don't know him so I don't care. I am only here because Baek was worried after your friend lied to him."

I am your husband, was what Luhan wanted to scream so that everyone would know and the burden would be taken away from his heavy heart. But he couldn't. He knew he couldn't say it.

"I did not ing lie!" Kyungsoo screamed trashing in Jongin's arms, "Luhan did fall in the shower!"

If the earth could swallow him then and there, Luhan would have gladly accepted it with open arms but unfortunately, that wasn't the case, so the poor boy just sat as his face went all red.

They didn't need to know about his shower miseries.

"Did you hurt yourself, Luhan?" Baekhyun asked sweetly and Luhan saw Sehun roll his eyes.

Luhan just shock his head, his face still burning red from embarrassment.

"Let go of me, Jongin!" Everyone looked at Kyungsoo and Jongin struggling, "I am going to rip that stupid face apart. How dare he come here and say that! I am going to..."

"Soo," Luhan quickly got up and took Kyungsoo's hands in his own, "It's okay, Soo. You know I don't care what strangers say."

Kyungsoo instantly calmed down and sighing in relief, Jongin let go of him.

"Strangers?" Baekhyun looked genuinely hurt, and for a moment Luhan was really scared that his secret was going to come out but thankfully Sehun pulled Baekhyun in his arms and started walking out the kitchen.

For once Sehun was actually doing something good but to everyone's surprise, Jongin called them back.

Sehun stopped and turned around raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

Jongin seemed to think about whatever he was going to say in his mind and after what seemed like he was ready, he spoke looking from Luhan to Kyungsoo.

"Guys, there is one thing you need to know about me and Sehun," Jongin started clutching at his fingers.

No one dared to interrupt him so Jongin continued, "You probably might think why I let him in when we are not even friends and crap, but the thing is that we know each other under stupid circumstances."

And knot formed in Luhan's stomach as he waited for Jongin to continue. But he didn't. It was Sehun who spoke next.

"Our families wanted us to get married," Sehun said, looking straight at Luhan.

All energy left Luhan's body and he felt dead.

"We didn't want to get married because for ’s sake we're still so young and we don't even know each other. So I didn't show up at the wedding and told my parents I have a girlfriend and they believed me," Jongin said with a smile.

Sehun scoffed, annoyed, "And guess what? I was the unlucky bastard whose life was ruined," And with that, he left the kitchen and Jongin's apartment dragging Baekhyun with him.

For a moment Jongin just stared at the space where Sehun had been standing and then unexpectedly he started to laugh.

"His dad made him marry some random guy from the streets," Jongin said, "My parents told me that. Poor Sehun, but at least I got away safely with it."

Both Kyungsoo and Luhan were still recovering from the revelation.

Kyungsoo was just happy that Jongin was still available for him. He just needed to confess to him and fast.

Luhan on the other side couldn't believe that it was no one else but his best friend who had to marry Sehun in the first place.

Once again Sehun's harsh words didn't fail to hurt him as Luhan knew that he himself was the one who made Sehun an 'unlucky bastard'.

Luhan knew that this was the right moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter