where dreams are made of paper

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan looked from Jongin to Kyungsoo and he was clever enough to read the hurt on his friend's face.

To try and make it somehow better, Luhan laughed nervously and looked back at Jongin, hoping that he was just joking.
He couldn't mean what he said.
How could Luhan be his girlfriend?

It didn't make sense.

"It's not crazy, really," Jongin said looking at Luhan's shocked expression, "You juts have to wear a dress and wear a wig. Simple."

"That doesn't sound crazy at all," Luhan rolled his eyes, "You want me to cross dress?"

"Have you never done it before?" Jongin asked and then he looked at Kyungsoo, "Soo has."

Luhan snapped his head towards said boy, whose expression turned from hurt to embarrassed.
Kyungsoo laughed as if to dismiss the statement.

"You have?" Luhan asked, not letting it go.

"It was a long time ago," Kyungsoo asked his face blushing, "It was for a theatre play."

"He...I mean she looked gorgeous," Jongin laughed, earning a dirty look from Kyungsoo.

Luhan smiled to himself, thinking that Jongin and Kyungsoo were so lucky to have known each other for so long. They had so many more memories than with himself.

"So Kyungsoo can do it again for you," Luhan said, "I've never done it before."

Kyungsoo laughed and looked at Luhan while showing him his broken casted arm.

" I'm lucky I'll escape this time," Kyungsoo said.

Luhan wondered if he really was happy about it or was he just trying to mask away his real emotions. 

"But..." Luhan started but was soon interrupted by Jongin who suddenly jumped from his spot on the chair and put an arm around his shoulders. 

"No buts..." he declared grinning, "You will be my girlfriend for the occasion, whether you like it or not! And Kyungsoo agrees with me."

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo for approval. 
Kyungsoo looked at Luhan then at the arm around his shoulder and finally at Jongin. He smiled and nodded his head. 

Luhan knew he had no choice in this now. 

*******

Sehun turned around in the bed for the hundredth time. He had slept the night before but still he felt restless and tired. 

He had somehow managed to get rid of the dark thoughts and images he had of the night before but now he was left broken. 

Sehun felt numb as if nothing or no one mattered anymore. 

He had done something to someone which could permanently damage their life.

Sehun thought he wouldn't care. He tried to not care, but he couldn't help the fact that a broken image of Luhan laying on the bed looking i the air haunted him even in his sleep.

Sehun knew he had done something irreparable.

He had scarred both of them.

Sighing tiredly, Sehun his side once again and only then he saw his phone flashing.

He remembered he had put it on vibration last night because he wanted a good night's sleep with no one disturbing him.

Or maybe he had just been scared of facing other humans after doing what he did.

He had spoken to Chanyeol but it had felt wrong.
It felt to Sehun that he didn't deserve any attention from anyone.

Sitting up he looked at the bright screen and saw three missed calls from Chanyeol.

Wondering if everything was alright, Sehun quickly called his brother back.

"Hello?" Chanyeol answered instantly.
"Hey," Sehun tried to sound as normal as possible. 
After all this wasn't the first time he was speaking to Chanyeol after what he had done last night.

"I called just to ask if there are any other people you want to invite apart from the guests that mom and dad have invited."

Sehun thought about it. Was there anyone he wanted to come to his glorious birthday party?

"There is no one else," Sehun said, "I guess mom and dad probably already invited everyone."
They probably even invited people who Sehun didn't even know. 

"Well okay," Chanyeol said, "But if someone comes to your mind just invite them yourself because all the formal invitations will be sent out tonight."

"Okay," Sehun wasn't even surprised at the amount of attention and money his parents were going to spend on his birthday. It was the same story every year. And two times a year as they did the same thing for Chanyeol too. The difference was just that Chanyeol always loved his party. He would invite his friends himself and have actually fun.
For Sehun it was just a compulsory thing he was forced to attend to please his family.

"Mom even prepared a special invitation for Luhan," Chanyeol suddenly said and Sehun froze, "I told her she was being silly but she wanted to do it anyway."

"Mom always gets way too excited for this, " Sehun said, not really p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter