FLASHBACK - happiness was a mirage

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Note** Italics is the past while the last part is back to present.

 

"Mommy, when is Luna noona coming back for my birthday party?" Luhan asked the tall, black haired woman who was baking chocolate chip cookies.

Luhan's birthday party was in the evening and his siter was supposed to come two days ago.

Luhan's mother smiled looking up and nodded her head, "She should be here in minutes now". 

"Of course, but she said she was coming two days ago!" Luhan whined, not caring that it hurt his manly ego. 

The two siblings were really close but Luna, being older, had left for university before Luhan.

"She had some assignments to hand in and couldn't make it, Lu," his mother said, remembering the call she received from Luhan, where her daughter told her that she'll be coming back home late.

"I can't wait!" Luhan jumped happily and Mrs Lu laughed affectionately. 

Luhan was still on cloud 9 when, suddenly the phone started ringing and Mrs Lu, still laughing, went to pick it up. 

Cleaning her hands with the kitchen towel, she picked up the receiver with a smile. 

"Hello?" she asked.

Luhan was smiling to himself at the thought of his sister finally coming back home, when he heard a gasp and the sound of the receiver falling on the floor. 

He quickly turned towards his mom and ran by her side, seeing her smile transform to an emotionless face. 

"What happened?" Suddenly all the happiness was gone from her face.

All that Luhan felt was dread. What had happened? 

Mrs Lu didn't say anything as she let herself slide on the floor. 

*******

"She's gone. She left us."

His mother told him.

Luna was gone. 

Luhan was old enough to know what they were talking about when they said 'gone'. 

She wasn't just gone for a few days or months or years. She was gone forever. 

He didn't say a word after that. 

He didn't feel anything. 

Everything around him seemed to happen in slow motion and Luhan didn't know what to do. 

The next few hours after the news shock their lives, were hectic.

All Luhan did was sit on the sofa and stare at the blank wall.

All his mother did was sit on the floor, the receiver still lying by her foot.

Time passed and nothing seemed to make sense. He didn't hear the door of the house opening. 

He didn't hear his mother finally breaking down crying. 

He didn't feel his father's strong arms pulling him up. 

The only thing he knew though, was that they were going to her. They were going to Luna.

Or at least to what used to be her once. Now it was just a lifeless body. 

Luhan didn't understand how something so lively and beautiful could now deteriorate into nothing but earth. It didn't make sense. People didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter