our tomorrow

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Xiumin!"

The boy was running on the corridor and when he reached the doctor he finally stopped to catch his breath, "is it true?" he asked in between heavy breathing, "Tell me it's not a dream."

"It's true, Xiumin," Yixing smiled at his friend, "You know I would never make a joke out of this. He's woken up this morning."

"I won't believe until I see it myself," Xiumin said grabbing Yixing arm, "Please, can I see him?"

"We have done all the examinations for today but he hasn't moved from the same room yet. We want the risk to be minimum for him. Just in case anything happens but he's stable. Just resting," Yixing patted Xiumin's hand that was on his arm and he smiled, "You can go and see him. But make sure he doesn't get too fatigued."

Xiumin felt like crying.

He felt as if the body that was moving towards Luhan's room, wasn't his own. It felt as if he was floating his way there.

He took a deep breath and forced the tears back. He was not going to cry. He had to be strong for his friend.

Xiumin opened the door and slowly entered. 

"Luhan?"

 

**********

 

Luhan felt as if the world was not real.

One second he was felling happier than ever, the next he had his heart broken just, at the end, to wake up in the real world in an hospital bed, with machines attached to his body, fluid going inside his body through his veins.

And what surprised him then was the fact that he had so many needles inside of him and still he felt numb.

He was thinking about nothing and everything at the same time, when suddenly he heard the door opening.

"Luhan?"

Hearing that voice sent a wave of happiness though his body. As long as it was Xiumin, he felt safe.

The others. He remembered all the others and what they did to him. 

Maybe he should hate them but he didn't feel anything for them. It was a strange feeling of apathy, when he thought of them. 

"Luhan?" Xiumin said again. 

"Minnie," Luhan said weakly. 

"Oh my God!" Xiumin felt like fainting, "Oh my God, Luhan, I longed for months now to hear you call me that once again." 

"You thought I'd never say it again?" Luhan laughed lightly. 

"I never thought that, Lu," Xiumin said moving by his side and taking his hand in his and squeezing it with love, "I knew in my heart, you'd wake up." 

"Yixing said I've been sleeping for three months now," Luhan said, squeezing Xiumin's hand back. 

"You have but I've never stopped believing in you. I knew you are a fighter and won't give up." 

"I'm glad I didn't give up, Minnie," Luhan said, "For you and the ones who love me, even if they're few."

"Even if we are few, what matters the most is that we truly love you." 

"Thank you, Xiumin," Luhan whispered and then he looked outside the window, "I was dreaming. It felt so real. In my dream we was all living happily."

"You will be happier now," Xiumin said, realizing that he and Yixing were right. Luhan had made a new life for himself but it was just a dream. Everything broke when he woke up. 

"It's the first time, that I believe it, Minnie," Luhan looked at him and smiled, "I believe it when you say I will be happier. I just need some help." 

"That's what I want to hear," Xiumin said. He was trying very hard to hold back his tears, as he listened to Luhan looking at his pale face and black eyes. He was so skinny and it broke Xiumin's heart. 

"Can I ask you something Minnie?" 

"Anything, Luhan." 

"What happened?" 

Xiumin looked at his friend and wondered if they should be having the conversation this soon. 

"I want to never talk about it after today, Minnie," Luhan said, understanding his friend's struggle. 

Xiumin nodded, "I don't know much. Just that you had a very bad argument with all your friends who thought you were pretending to have amnesia. And about..." he was struggling about how to put it. What were the right words? 

Luhan smiled and sighed, "Did they find out what really happened?" 

"Yes... Yes. Jimin confessed and then he... He's dead." 

"Dead?" Luhan didn't know what to feel at the news. 

"Yeah, it was suicide," Xiumin said. 

"The easy way out," Luhan said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter