beautiful and broken

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I WAS BROKEN FROM A YOUNG AGE
TAKING MT SULKIN'TO THE MASSES
WRITING MY POEMS FOR THE FEW

THAT LOOK AT ME, TOOK TO ME, SHOOK TO ME, FEELIN' ME
SINGING FROM HEARTACHE FROM THE PAIN
TAKING MY MESSAGE FROM THE VEINS

SPEAKING MY LESSON FROM THE BRAIN
SEEING THE BEAUTY THROUGH THE PAIN.

YOU MADE ME A BELIEVER

*

Imagine Dragons

 

 

"How is he, Yixing?"

Xiumin looked from his best friend on the bed to the doctor who stood by the window.

Yixing had been his and Luhan's friend since the day, Luhan's parents passed away in the same hospital where the son was admitted in now. In a small room with computers bleeping 24/7 for months now.

"His condition is stable as usual," Yixing said nodding, "No change in the last ninety days. The heart rate is normal, but that's all that there is. A heartbeat."

"I know he will wake, up," Xiumin said taking Luhan's hand in his and rubbing small circles on it.

"Xiumin..." Yixing sighed, "You know I ask you this almost every day but let me ask you once again: are you sure about this? Maybe you should let him go. Set him free from this lingering in between."

Xiumin smiled sadly and said no with his head, "I can't."

"It hurts me too. But do you realize how much this is affecting your finances and you can't even be sure if he will ever wake up."

"He will," Xiumin said as tears started to form in his eyes and the hold on Luhan's hand tightened, "He can't just go after fighting for so long. I can't let him go."

"Xiumin," the doctor said but then he stopped, knowing there was nothing he could say to make his friend understand. Grief was such a big emotion.

The doctor moved near the bed and looked at Luhan. He had spoken to the boy many times before. He was a sweet soul but somehow he felt even closer to him now. 

"I believe he's living another life while he's sleeping," Yixing said, "Maybe a happier one."

Xiumin looked up and smiled at Yixing, "I felt that too. Maybe he is."

"From everything, you have told me," the doctor said, "His friends and then husband. He wasn't happy, so maybe he's happy now like this."

"I would do anything to make him happier in the real world," Xiumin said.

"Me too, I wish I had been a better friend," Yixing said.

"Maybe we are better friends to him in his sleep," Xiumin said getting up, and putting Luhan's hand back on his chest.

"Are you leaving?"

"Chen is coming to pick me up," Xiumin nodded, "We have some orders for a customer to be delivered tonight."

"That's good, get your mind off things sometimes," the doctor said, "Remember you need rest too."

"And you Yixing, you work so hard every day. You save lives," Xiumin smiled as he patted his shoulder and then started walking out, but then he stopped, "Chen said that Suho has been calling him asking about you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter