calm

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know cringy chapter title but oh well. Enjoy x

 

Sehun nervously rang the bell.
He was sweating already so he loosened his tie a bit, trying to ne composed for whoever will open the door for him.

For the whole week now, he and Luhan had not spoken a word.

Not even simple greetings.

That didn't mean that Sehun didn't notice things.

He saw how Luhan would stay in his room all day and would go out at night.
He couldn't question him simply for the fact that he had no right to do so.

Sehun wanted to blame himself for the boy's behaviour, but what else could he do?

He had already apologized. They had already settled to divorce.

Whatever was going on in Luhan's life, Sehun knew he was not part of it.

He couldn't give Luhan what the boy desired and deserved.

Sehun's depressing thoughts were interrupted abruptly as the door opened and his mother's smiling face appeared in front of him.

"Sehun my baby!" she pinched his cheeks as Sehun tried to resist the urge to laugh.

His mother was so sweet. He wished then that he could speak to her about everything.

About how he felt trapped in his marriage. About how both him and Luhan were hurting.

About how he wanted to go back in the past and make things better.

Suddenly his mother detached from him and looked at his back and around. He saw how her smile slowly faded and she looked back at him.

"Sehun..." she started and he raised an eyebrow, "Where's Luhan?"

Sehun bit his tongue and wanted to slap himself. All this time he's been worrying about things. But the most important thing was that to survive tonight and making sure his mother didn't suspect that anything was wrong.
Everything was wrong. But just for tonight he wanted her to be happy.

She would certainly not be happy when she would know about the divorce.

"Luhan couldn't come," Sehun said smiling a bit. 

"But..." his mother seemed so heartbroken that Sehun almost felt bad for deceiving her. For letting her down yet once again. 

"Luhan said that he would have loved to come but he has lots of assignments that are due soon," Sehun said. 

"But..." his mother weakly said, "It was only one evening. It was the first birthday he would have been with us as part of the family. Family is more important than assignments." 

Sehun just nodded. 

"Let me call him. I'm sure he will listen to me!" Mr. Oh was already running for the phone when Sehun stopped her. 

"Leave it mom," he said, "If he wanted to come he would have without us begging him."

Sehun was glad when his mother slowly nodded her head. 

"Okay," she said smiling again, "Even if Luhan is not here, we can have the big party. I can't believe my baby is all grown up."

Even though he heard the same phrase every year on this same date, Sehun smiled. 

"In half an hour everybody will start coming," Mrs. Oh chirped as she dragged his son inside the hall.

Sehun looked around at all the decorations and the luxury. He sometimes really felt like a spoilt Prince.

He wondered if Luhan too had this kind of birthdays. But now that he really thought about it, he realize that he actually didn't know anything about his family.

Was there any point anyway?

They were going to go separate ways soon.
But maybe still Sehun and Luhan could still be friends.

Just like he and Baekhyun were.

Or at least that's what Baekhyun had said that night when they last spoke.

Just like with Luhan, Sehun hadn't spoken to Baekhyun in a week now.

He felt selfish for ignoring his messages and calls but Sehun just needed some time to get his self together.

He knew that Baekhyun was probably worried about him. But he couldn't. 

Sehun just couldn't face the reality yet. 

His father came and greeted him. Sehun just played along being the nice son that he was. 
He didn't care really, but he had to do it. 

Sighing he braced himself for the night. 

*******

Luhan was shocked as he looked at himself in the mirror. 

To say he looked good was an understatement. 
Luhan knew himself he literally looked gorgeous draped in his red knee length dress. 
And those heels. 
They were killing him but they were beautiful. Not that he would have ever worn them if it wasn't for Jongin forcing him. 

The long black silky hair just added the final touches and Luhan was as beautiful as any princess. 

It was such a shame that it was just for a day.

Luhan looked at himself in the mirror and laughed nervously thinking how he was just like Cindrella. 

Here he was dressed up all in silk and gems. But after tonight he will be back at being nothing. 

For tonight he would have had his Prince, Jongin. 
But in reality even the Prince wasn't his. Jongin already belonged to Kyungsoo. 

His Prince Sehun would never be his. 

A small tear started to fall down from Luhan's eyes. He quickly stopped himself and wiped the stupid tear away. Not because he didn't want to cry. 

He wanted to cry and let it all out, but he was wearing the expensive blue contact lenses that Jongin had bought him. 

They felt uncomfortable but at this point Luhan didn't even care anymore. 

Crying wouldn't make things any better. He knew that better than anyone else.

Everytime he cried in his life, it didn't make it better.

Aching in his heart was also the painful truth that dressed up like this, he looked a lot like Luna.

He didn't know whether to consider that as a good thing or not.

It made him nostalgic more than ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter