shades of love

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOO LATE, MY TIME HAS COME
SEND SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE
BODY'S ACHING ALL THE TIME
GOODBYE, EVERYBODY, I'VE GOT TO GO

GOTTA LEAVE YOU ALL BEHIND AND FACE THE TRUTH

*

Queens

"I'm Taemin!" the boy broke the awkward silence that filled the room, "I am Luhan's friend and he invited me to come to see you guys...I apologize if it causes you any inconvenience."

"Oh no," Kyungsoo smiled, "Luhan's friends are our friends, right Kai?" 

Kai stood and slowly nodded, "I'll grab some drinks," he said and started to walk away as he did the button of his shirt.

"I'm going to see Sehun," Luhan said.

"I'll come with you!" Taemin said getting up from the sofa he had just sat on. 

"No, Taemin," Luhan said carefully watching the boy, knowing that he was about to break down, "I'm sure you and Kyungsoo and Kai can talk."

"But..."

"He's right!" Kyungsoo said excitedly, "Luhan hasn't seen Sehun in a year and I don't know if he told you about how they parted but he has to do this his own way." 

"Yeah," Luhan agreed, "I have to do this on my own."

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled, "if anything happens we're here. We'll wait for you, best of luck!"

Luhan smiled back, his heart starting to beat fast, he then looked at Taemin and nodded as if to say that this was for the best and lastly he looked towards the kitchen, where Kai had disappeared," I'll just get some water, okay? You two get comfortable."

Kyungsoo sat down happily and told Taemin to do so too and the boy, who was shaking by then, sat down looking at the floor.

As Luhan entered the kitchen, he saw Kai standing next to the fridge.

Luhan didn't say anything. He just grabbed a glass and poured some water for himself. He drank and left the glass on the counter.

Kai finally looked up at him, eyes red, "please..."

"How long you thought you could hide it?" Luhan said angrily. Then he left as Kai started to sob.

It broke his heart but Luhan had no mercy for a cheater.

Cheating was a choice. It couldn't just happen out of nothing. It's always a choice.

There's no forgiving for it.

What did Kai get more from Taemin that he couldn't get from Kyungsoo?

 

**********

 

Luhan stood in front of the door.

It was late.

Very late. 

It was past midnight.

 

The boy rang the bell. 

No one came to open up so he rang again.

A few more tries and he heard the steps from inside.

Obviously, Sehun won't just open the door like this in the middle of the night.

"Who is it?" Sehun said from the inside and Luhan froze for a second. The boy's voice after so long felt familiar and strange at the same time.

There was no point in making everything dramatic. The last thing he wanted was for Sehun to faint seeing him.

"Sehun?" Luhan called out thinking that the boy will probably not remember the sound of his voice.

Yet he heard Sehun stop for a few seconds just to start running and open the door.

Sehun was breathing heavenly, and only as his eyes adjusted to the light, he finally could see Luhan.

Luhan watched the boy who he had loved a year ago.

Time had passed. Yet, Sehun's handsome face hadn't changed and it somehow broke Luhan's heart.

He thought love had ended, but now he knew a fire which burnt so bright could never really die.

Maybe, all this time, he had never stopped loving Sehun. Or maybe he was feeling just too much emotion because he didn't really understand why suddenly he was crying.

Sehun didn't faint. He didn't scream. He didn't cry.

He simply moved closer to Luhan and hugged the boy tightly.

Luhan crying and Sehun just hugging him.

"I always knew," Sehun finally whispered.

"Wh...what?" Luhan stuttered.

"I knew you weren't gone forever," Sehun, "I felt it here," he said touching his heart.

"So why didn't you come searching for me?"

"I had no right after everything that happened," Sehun said, "I passed everyday smiling, knowing that you were safe. We were not together but we were under the same sky."

Luhan stared at Sehun for a few seconds, blinking confused and then, to Sehun's surprise, he started laughing.

"I didn't remember you were so poetic!" Luhan said. In the dark part of his head, he remembered the hurt. The first day that Sehun had broken his heart by telling him on their wedding night that he had a boyfriend. When he had tossed Luhan around like a toy.

Luhan had locked everything up but now memories were flooding. The way Sehun had left him in the hands of Jimin. Most of all, Luhan was haunted about the night Sehun had forced himself on him.

Sehun looked at Luhan and smiled a little embarrassed, "Come inside... of course only if you are comfortable."

Luhan nodded and followed him inside. Maybe Sehun was haunted by the same memory as well.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Sehun asked as he the lights and led the smaller boy to the living room.

"No, thank you," Luhan answered as he watched Sehun's perfect back. He really was the same boy from a year ago.

Luhan quietly sat down, looking around impressively. 

Sehun's living room was packed with books.

There was a wall with big bookcases. They were all full but cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter