C. 42

Poison bites

 

Little did both know that the ecstasy soon was about to die down as the sun hit the translucent curtains the next morning. Both suddenly realized what had happened. Both realized that now there was no way they could go back.

What had happened last night now hovered over them like a block of lad only waiting to crash down with unbearable weight.

 

Jongin looks over at Sehun with a slight wisp of panic in his eyes. Suddenly, thoughts of what to do now enters his mind. How are they supposed to act now around family, around friends, classmates? A simple affair would be complicated enough, but a relationship …? If that even is … ?

Jongin quickly looks away, averting his gaze to the ceiling, a hundret thoughts running through his head.

Sehun?“

 

The latter turns his head to face Jongin.

Hm?“

 

Jongin forces himself to look at Sehun, his cheeks tinted in a slight blush.

Umm … I- uh …“ He averts his gaze again, fixing the ceiling.

Was that just a …“

He doesn't dare to speak the word one night stand as the mere thought of it feels like a bunch of filth and sickening guilt to Jongin.

However, Sehuns reaction surprises him.

 

The elder turns his whole body around facing Jongins.

He puts one finger onto Jongins cheek, gently forcing him to look into his eyes.

 

I do not think this was a mistake.“ He softly plants a kiss on Jongins lips, swollen from nervous biting. „Just bad timing.“

He cups Jongins cheek with his hand, forming circles with his thumb on the youngers deepening blush.

So …“, Jongin starts again, casting down his gaze, „What are we then?“

 

A small sigh escapes Sehuns lips as he also looks down.

What do you want us to be?“

 

The answer seems to irritate Jongin a slight bit. He looks into Sehuns eyes again.

What do you mean?“

 

Sehuns lips curl up into a small smile as he sits up, pulling Jongin with him. With a stern look on his face, he grabs both of Jongins arms as he speaks.

Do not misunderstand me here Jongin. This is very important to me. But I was partially responsible for dragging you into this mess. I want you to decide what is best and most comfortable for you. So take your time deciding this ok?“ He gives Jongins hands a reassuring squeeze before getting up from the bed.

 

That's when a random thought crosses Jongins mind.

 

Are you … still gonna move in with Mina?“

 

The question seems to catch Sehun completely off-guard. He slowly lets go of the door knob, a profound thoughtline across his forehead.

He looks like he had just remembered an unpopular task he's supposed to do but completely forgot about.

Jongin looks at him with expectant eyes but Sehun just deepens his frown, remaining silent for a while.

 

I … don't know“, he openly admits after what seemed like an eternity of tense silence.

I need to think about this.“

With that, he leaves Jongins room and a slightly baffled Jongin behind.

 

The breakfast runs quietly. Everyones eyes are fixed on the plates infront and only the sounds of people munching and the occasional clinking of silverware against the porcellain is audible. Jongin steals a gaze at Sehun every now and then, trying to read his mysterious demeanour, trying to make sense of the weird scene earlier.

His gaze falls onto Mina, who quietly munches on her scrambled eggs, not looking up much, except for grabbing the salt or a slice of toast.

Her face looks innocent and sweet as always and Jongin feels the familiar sickness creeping up his stomach again.

He unobstrusively pushes his plate away, suddenly not able to look at his food anymore.

 

He chucks down a glass of orange juice before excusing himself to the shower.

There was no way things would ever go back to normal again, not now.

 

As the hot water hits Jongins skin in a comforting hug, he finally lets out a huge sigh of frustration. To hell with all this bull.

How is he ever supposed to make a sane decision on this godforsaken mess?!

 

If, and only if this relationship should stand a ghost of a chance, both would have to go on pretending that nothing is going on between them, yet still find some time away from family and friends to be together, which would be difficult because they're all around both.

If Jongin decides to let this drop, he'd constantly run into Sehun and be reminded of his feelings that he admittedly shares deep down in his heart.

Even if they were together, he's still move in with Mina and would have to pretend that he's not taken.

Would Mina take advantage of that?

From what Jongin could see they were pretty damn close.

Like cuddling close.

Sickeningly close.

 

Another sigh escapes Jongins lips as he ruffles his hair in despair, a part of him wishing this night wouldn't have happened, leaving him alone with this mess.

For s sake, this couldn't have happened half a year later could it?

 

Everything would be a fair share of weird by then as well, but at least not weird as in illegal.

 

Jongin frustratedly cleans himself, stepping out of the steaming shower with a gruffy face, carelessly removing some steam on the mirror in order for him to look at his reflection.

You sure are a douche aren't you?“, he accuses his reflection in the mirror, before averting his gaze with a scoff.

 

This could only get better …


Ok my little cupcakes please don't kill me for being away so awfully long o___o I didn't have a clue how stressfull graduating and looking for a job can be, let alone having some energy to put together a chapter

 

This one is not as long but is supposed to show you that I didn't abandon this story <3 I will update more hopefully soon ^__^ 

I hope you are doing well and having a great week <3 

 

Love you :* <3