C. 39

Poison bites

 

Jongin glares at the plate infront of him, food randomly scattered all over it.

He groans for the umpteenth time this day, this week and eventually shoves the plate away with the gloomy expression still lingering in his eyes.

 

For as long as Sehun, his mom and himself had been sitting and eating, Jongin hadn't bothered to let a single word slip past his lips that form a thin, stern line above his clenched jaw.

 

Ever since that night it'd be an understatement to say Jongin is royally pissed.

Not only had that son of a filthy dared to show up again but this time sloshed as a sailor and heavily pissed that Sehun had dumped him in such a humiliating manner.

He had been sneaking around the house for hours, banging doors and windows while Mrs. Kim had been hiding behind the kitchen counter in fear.

The night didn't end well.

Everyone was feeling the impact of what happened and so they decided to leave earlier to escape from another potential boozy act of jealousy.

 

Imma go to bed now. Still jet-lagged“, Jongin shortly remarks before rising up from his chair, heading into his room.

What he had said is partially true.

It had only been half a day and his body painfully reminds him of how sleep-deprived he still is plus the stress that came with traveling back to Korea.

His body desperately yearns for some rest but for some reason, even snuggling up in his heavenly comfortable bed, something prevents him from finally drifting of into dreams.

Well not exactly something but more specifically someone.

Jongin damn sure knows what holds his lids in position.

 

Ever since the incident at the beach house, neither Sehun nor Jongin have ever mentioned anything in relation to the situation in the club.

In fact, giving it a second thought, Jongin comes to realize that he had been downright avoiding Sehun for the time being after the bar incident.

 

He tries to tell himself it's only natural given the rough time following Ians drunk faux pas but for Christs sake, even a moron would realize the utter obviousness of this situation.

 

He exhales deeply, adjusting himself between the sheets, his eyes now facing the dimly illuminated ceiling.

His eyes lazily trace the patterns of the material with his thoughts drifting off to Sehun.

 

Sehun.

 

That stupid son of a-

 

He shakes his head vigorously, causing the pillow to slip out of position.

Seriously who's he fooling here?

 

Perhaps he had been successful in displacing the truth but now in the calm of the evening, him being all alone in his room, his mind literally screams at him, shouting out everything he had tried to avoid until now.

 

Sehuns confession had made him utterly uncomfortable.

Not only had it raised their friendship to a whole new level of intimacy with which Jongin doesn't know how to deal with but also had it raised a faint seed of a vision Jongin still shut his eyes infront.

 

Obviously he's more to Sehun than just a student he takes care of.

Sehun had said Jongin is the best that ever happened to him.

 

His heart still aches strangely thinking about this sentence.

 

The best as in … what?

 

The best as in family? Friends?

 

Love?

 

No no no no no!

Jongin shakes his head again with more force this time.

 

Impossible!

 

No way there are any romantic feelings involved!

 

He shuts his eyes tightly, pulling his hair into a mess.

 

when did everything become so complicated?

 

He sighs deeply, opening his eyes again.

 

Not knowing what's going on here actually consumes Jongin more than he favours.

 

He sits up frustratedly, switching on the light again.

Sure as hell he wouldn't get some sleep anytime soon today.

With a deep groan, he rubs his face, burying it far up in his hands as his body physically oozes exhaustion but his mind just wouldn't let him get any rest.

 

He get's up lazily, heading for the kitchen to look for some soporifics.

As he enters the faintly lit room, he notices Sehun sitting on the table with a glass of wine and his laptop along with some paperwork loosely scattered around it.

 

His head rises up as he notices the younger entering the room and a gentle smile paints his full lips.

 

Jongin, I thought you were already asleep.“

 

The latter shakes his head groggily, getting himself a glass of water before looking over Sehuns shoulder to see what this mess is about.

 

Couldn't fall asleep, you know where mom has put the sleeping pills?“

 

He roughly scans the papers, a deep frown forming on his head.

 

Inside the small cupboard alongside the herbs.“ He leans back with a deep sigh. „I know what you're going through. My body craves some sleep but I can't seem to calm down.“

 

As Jongin rummages through the shelf he casually asks about the whole paperwork.

 

This? Oh well I wanted to wait until telling you but I'll probably will be gone for quite some time.“

 

Jongin almost drops the content of his hands as he freezes in shock.

 

He turns around, mouth agape.

G-gone? Where and why?“

 

Sehun closes his laptop with a guilty expression.

Wanna sit down with me?“

 

The younger puts the sleeping pills away for now and grabs a chair near Sehun.

Now go for a good explanation dude“, Jongin states gloomiely, snatching the glass of wine from Sehun.

 

Well you know there's actually some stuff I have to take care of, stuff I didn't tell you about.“

 

Jongin an eyebrow. „Please elaborate?“

 

Sehun sighs deeply.

A good friend of mine has arrived in town and she asked for my help. There's a hell lot going on in her life now. It's a rollercoaster to say the least. To avoid a situation like we had with Ian, I'll move in with her for some time to fix things. But first I gotta ...“

 

Jongin doesn't even listen to the rest of Sehuns explanation as a loud and heavy hissing occupies his ears, booming out in full force.

His heartbeat doubles up together with a thin layer of cold sweat covering his hands and forehead.

 

The sudden and vigorous reaction shocks jongin even more than the fact of Sehun planning to move out temporarily.

He suddenly feels severe sickness rising up in his stomach and quickly takes another sip of Sehuns wine to calm him down again.

 

Why does this whole situation feel like utter betrayal?

And why on earth is Jongin so damn affected by it?

 

He doesn't have any rights of possession over the elder but somehow it feels like the elder is cheating on him.

 

„ … and I'll invite her over for some coffee so you can get to know her better“, the last part of Sehuns words slowly reaches Jongins ears.

 

Jongin?“

 

H-huh?“

 

Sehuns questioning look meets Jongins eyes.

Is everything ok? I know this is really sudden and everything but-“

 

Jongin quickly waves off Sehuns words with a frowning expression on his face.

Do as you please. I just didn't expect that that's all.“

 

Now Sehun quickly copies the stern expression on Jongins face, as if suspecting something.

You sure?“

 

Jongin merely nods, emptying the glass of wine in hopes of recieving the drowsy sleepieness that red wine always provided him.

Ok but if you have any concerns please tell me ok?“

 

Jongin avoids eyecontact and nods again.

Sure.“

 

A moment of silence descends upon them. Uncomfortable and filled with questions not going to be answered and yet answered at the same time.

 

Questions that Jongin does not necessarily needs to ask Sehun but that rather cause a turmoil in his insides.

He couldn't deny this whole situation took its toll on him emotionally but he still couldn't quite classify the uncomfortable knot of feelings going rampage inside him.

 

Anger? Hurt? Jealousy perhasps?

Or nothing of those at all?

What on earth could possibly make him feel like vomiting black smoke every minute?

 

He wordlessly gets up and leaves the kitchen under bewildered looks of Sehun who faintly raises a hand in a weak attempt to call Jongin out on his sudden action but lets it sink again against the edge of the table, a suspicious stream of thoughts on his mind that he however isn't ready to process just now.

Fatigue and exhaustion had strained his body in an unhealthy amount and his aching limbs wanted nothing more than to stretch out on his comfortable bed.

 

He rubs his face lazily with a tired groan and gathers the scattered paperwork on the table together with his laptop.

Later in bed he mindlessly scrutinizes the ceiling, unable to fall asleep for an hour now.

No matter how hard he had tried, Jongins face the moment he told him about Mina just wouldn't leave his mind.

 

Although the younger obviously had put a lot of effort into appearing nonchalant and careless about it, Sehun had clearly noticed the shift in his expression for a split second.

The whole fluctuation must've lasted for only a second if even but for Sehun somehow it passed in slow motion.

He sighs deeply and turns his head to look at the alarm clock.

 

Almost 1 am.

Goddamnit.

 

He wouldn't fall asleep anytime soon, Sehun just knows but he has an important meeting with Mina tomorrow to discuss the details about their apartment issue.

 

A frustrated groan leaves his lips and he sits up.

 

That brat lives in his mansion, only about a couple of feet away from his room and still, without doing anything he keeps him awake … again.

Again for bleeding month now!

 

This couldn't go on like this. Perhaps a little space would be beneficial to both of them.

 

Sehun nods as if to assure himself but a small, sarcastic voice in the back of his head starts whispering nasty reproaches of who he actually wants to kid here.

It wanders down to his chest, seeming to pound hard against it with an evil laugh.

 

Sehun violently shakes his head as if to shake of the malicious voice as he unconciously grabs the fabric of his shirt right above his chest.

 

It hurts.

 

It hurts with uncertainty, confusion, guilt.

With something he couldn't figure out yet.


Heeeelloooo my beautiful cupcakes <3 

Did you miss me? (of course kekeke >:D) ok joking :D

I sure as hell missed you so I decided to update another chapter while writing on the next one ;) 

I hope you like it ;D leave a comment and let me know what you think, I really really enjoy reading your thoughts <3 

 

Love you my sunshines <3