C. 31

Poison bites

 

Baekki, quick!!“

 

The brunette looks up from the knot of lightchains on the table, finding Jongin struggling to carry a load of decoration from the basement of the club.

 

He bolts up from his seat, quickly grabbing what already in danger of crumbling down besides Jongins arms.

 

Together, they manage to safely put the pile upon the table.

 

Woah, how old is this ? I can literally smell the death scent emitting from it, let alone the dust upon.“ Jongin critically examines the dusty pile of decoration, looking for something useful among the ancient Santa Clauses and Angels.

 

Bull“, he exclaims all of the sudden and sweeps the whole pile off the table with one powerful movement, „Drum up our people, we're crafting our own decoration now!“

 

A fierce and mischievous smirk appears on Baekhyuns lips.

That's his best friend! Baekhyun would've never expected anything different from this ball of energy.

He quickly flips out his phone, texting into a Whatsapp group they recently created.

 

Emergency meeting!!! Decoration is absolutely useless and anciently old. Gather up, we're gonna create our own, now!“

 

Soon the first start replying, eventually gathering the whole club with loads of ideas already being discussed among the group.

 

Baek contently leans back, throwing Jongin a huge thumbs up.

Seems your mission is determinded to be a huge success again. The first ones are here within five minutes. I've read that Santa Clauses are the favorite by now.“

 

Jongins lips stretch into a big grin. „Whatever suits them. I just wanna get rid of this dusty ASAP!“

 

While talking, he already grabs his phone, calling Sehuns number.

Impatiently waiting for the teacher to reply, he paces up and down the room, absentmindedly fumbling with the hem of his shirt.

 

Baekhyun watches his best friend walking circles across the room while talking to Sehun.

A knowing grin creeps up his face as he notices Jongin smiling more than once while talkig.

Not the polite „I got it“ kind of smile.

The smile that you would normally pass onto someone you really liked.

A little shy, a little catty.

 

With several thoughts already taking form in his head, he focuses on his phone again, noticing the massive amount of texts in the group chat.

He mentally facepalms himself for starting such a havoc but on the other hand …

Well it's a more than perfect opportunity to gather everyone again, it's been ages since the club had met in full force.

And now, with the upcoming christmasparties and oceans of light and candy apples, it's more than nice to know that Jongin and him have their friends around for a good reason: Planning an event … again.

 

Not that Sehun minded helping but both knew the teacher clearly has other things to do.

 

And so it hadn't taken long until the first members arrived with loaded packages of colorful paper and decoration.

Among the rumbling crowd, Lisa manages to close up to Jongin, holding a few bottles up with a wide grin.

No christmas party without some proper punch eh? Let's get this ready before the chaos takes over.“

Jongins lips stretch into a huge grin before he takes a few bottles from Lisa, following her into the kitchen.

The only thing I hadn't thought of actually“, he mentiones casually while helping the petite girl to reach a big pot from above the shelf.

Her cheeks slightly flush with a delicate red and she withdraws her hand quickly, apologizing for the alledged trouble caused.

Jongin doesn't mind, already emptying the bottles into the pot, commanding Lisa to get enough cups out of the shelf to provide everyone with punch while they're woking on crafting their half- Santa Clauses.

With his eyebrows knitted together he silently wonders how that's gonna turn out later on but nevertheless literally ANYTHING is better than this dusty ole pile of antiquity.

 

He pours the hot punch into the cups neatly draped on a tray and serves them to the cheering crowd who are already indulging in their crafting chaos.

As he fights his way to Baekhyun, he notices a tall, handsome figure entering the room from the corner of his eyes.

 

Seems the big O wouldn't wanna miss out on the opportunity of crafting some y Santas“, Baekhyun smirks, earning a half-hearted eyebrow from Jongin, before his attention shifts to the teacher.

Jongin notices the long, black coat elegantly floating around his tall body while his face is almost swallowed by a fluffy scarf.

He supresses an amused grin as he examines Sehun from top to toe.

His whole appearance literally screames some kind of dorkieness as his face is almost invisibly digging into the scarf while his hair is a dark mess of wet locks.

 

Jongin can't resist grabbing a hot cup from the tray to offer it to Sehun.

Looks like you need some warm-up?“

 

Sehuns eyebrows rise up in an unbelieving manner as he takes the cup.

You wouldn't wanna know what's happening in town this year round. I thought I was gonne be ripped apart.“

That's when he noticed the crowd of students scattered across the whole club, immersed in cutting and glueing.

You … gathered them for what exactly?“

 

Jongins grin grows even wider.

As I said, we're gonna do some preparations for the christmasparty.“

 

With …“, he holds up a finished exemplar of the 'y Santas' everyone's crafting, „producing masses of … Santas?“

His look shifts from confused to downright horrorfied.

 

Yep, it was a 9 out of 10 descision. I haven't been able to do anything about it … Not that I minded the idea either.“

 

For a minute, Sehun blankly stares at the Santa before a bellowing laugh darts out of his mouth.

Jongin flinches in shock of the deep, rumbling voice fulminating through the room but quickly catches himself again, mustering an apologetic smile.

 

Ok suit yourself with those ideas, it's your party after all. Imma go get some paperwork done or else my partner is gonna rip my precious rear open. If you need anything, let me know.“

 

With that said, Sehun heads off to his office, leaving the scent of a nice cologne lingering for a moment before Jongin turns around to finally head to Baekhyun.

 

I don't need to mention that you totally checked out his ?“, Baekhyun teases while adjuting the paper infront of him calmly.

I don't need to mention that your totally not getting any more punch soon?“, Jongin imitates Baekhyuns chitchatty tone, earning an adorable pout by the latter.

Oh come on Baekki, you know this isn't gonna work for-ok get your ing punch but spare me the details of your dirty mind.“

 

The smug grin on Baekhyuns face signals Jongin that he isn't gonna shut up anytime soon as for now.

C'mon Jongi, you live with him for quite a while now with your mom being constantly out with friends and you two lovebirds al- ouch. What the hell was that for?“

 

That“, Jongin dramatically stresses, „was for promising me to keep your dirty mouth shut. You know all too well that the scenario you've just described fits more into Sehun being my dad?“

 

Baekhyuns face distorts with disgust. „Ew, not in a hundret years would that handsomeness be a father to such a scumbag like you. In every universe he'd be your lover first.“

 

Oh Baekki you're hopeless …“, Jongin moans and takes another sip of his cup.

Anyway, what about the list for the party supplies? Have you talked to Lay already?“

 

As soon as Jongins words sink in, Baekhyun facepalms himself hard and jumps up from his seat immediately.

Dang, I knew something had been missing. Sorry bro, I'll be right back.“

 

Jongin sighs in relief and moves on to collecting the finished decoration, already mapping out where to place it later on. With his mind completely absent, he doesn't realize that he'd just ran outside of the building.

 

First thing he notices again after a couple of moments is a cold, white flake langing on the tip of his nose.

He flinches, looking up into the sky now completely covered in grey clouds.

 

Snow?“, he whispers incredulously, catching another snowflake in the palm of his hands before it melts away.

This time of year?“

 

Not uncommon actually“, a deep, soothing voice mumbles from behind.

Jongin flinches, whirling around only to see Sehun standing directly behind him. And way too close.

They're faces are only inches apart, so close that Jongin could make out the black limbal ring around his dark irises, his pupil pulsating playfully as he looks Jongin straight into the eye.

 

I'm sorry“, Sehun is the first one to break the silence, taking a step back, „I didn't mean to scare you. Just wanted to see what you're doing outside without a coat.“

 

Only now Jongin realizes that he had held his breath for the entire time.

Almost ashamed he exhales deeply and rummages through his mind quickly to find an adequate answer for his behavior.
 

Actually I thought about attaching some lightchains around the club and light a little fire outside for the christmasparty. What do you think?“

 

Obviously surprised by his sudden answer, Sehun arches an eyebrow at the younger.

Actually not a bad idea. Hadn't thought about that after all.“

He pulls out a package of cigrettes from his pocket and casually lights one of them.

You're a bad rolemodel you know that?“

 

Obviously not impressed with Jongins teasing, Sehun merely nods.

Sure, that's why you're doing the dirty deeds after all. I'm a badboy.“

 

Not quite sure if laughing is an option right now, Jongin frowns awkwardly and lights a cigarette himself.

 

I'm not gonna cure most of you anyway so why bother being something that you're not?“

 

Jongin arches a questioning eyebrow. „What do you mean?“

 

Sehun takes another drag and exhales in the most elegant manner Jongin had ever seen.

 

How many of you aren't going to smoke just because I don't? How many of you are gonna live a good and compliant life just because I tell them to?“

He turns to look at Jongin with a stern look on his face.

Jongin, I don't want you to be this kind of obedient. Every single one in there is a wonderful individual. I don't care about sticking them in some weird stencils just because society wants them to be great doctors or engineers. I love listening to Baekhyun singing his heart out, I love how Lisa is keeping everything together through the net. I love your unconvetional ways of always finding solutions. You all have so many gifts and opportunities I don't wanna ruin by being what society deems a rolemodel. You're old enough.“ He taps his head. „Think for yourself.“

 

A little intimidated by the seriousness of the situation, Jongin takes another deep drag to calm his fluttering insides.

I never knew you observed us so well“, he finally speaks up, being genuine this time.

 

Sehun softly chuckles. „I'm the head of this club. I gotta look after my little sheeps. After all I really care about everyone.“

 

Jongins heart is still racing like hell as he watches Sehun taking the last drag.

What he said seems to be too genuine to be played and Jongin feels a tight knot in his stomach he couldn't will away.

 

I-I'm sorry, I … gotta look after the others“, Jongin excuses himself only to get away from Sehuns overwhelming presence.

 

Sehun watches one of his little sheeps run inside with a little concern.

Did he say too much?


Wassup beautiful peeps? I missed you so much you can't tell!!! 

 

I unfortunately wasn't able to write constantly so please bare with the late updates I'm doing my best :) 

I actually found something quite amusing and nostalgic at the same time :D 

Anyone remembers the song Snow Dream fro SMtown around christmas time?

I swear I sooo in a joyful christmas mood right now it's unbelievabe :D Can't wait for everything to be lit up again (not literally you know .__.)

Anyways, i hope you're doing well and have a week without stress and drama ;) 

I love reading your comments so feel free to let me know what you think :)

 

Love you <3

 

On a side note: Please don't mind the grammar or typo mistakes, I was in a hurry most of the time .___.