C. XIV

Poison bites

Nevertheless, an about an hour later he just can't manage to swallow the rest of his bagle inside his mouth down as his stomach starts to rumble dangerously facing the youth club infront of him. Jongin suddenly feels incredibly sick and seriously thinks about turning on his heel and backing off as fast as he can.

 

Lay seems to notice his tension and gives him an encouraging nudge.

Hey don't back down now. It's not a big deal hyung, trust me. Everyone's extremely easygoing, you'll find your way into the team quick.“

 

As much as Jongin wishes to vanish into thin air right now, he remembers what this is all about.

 

There's a possible scholarship at stake plus a chance to get into a good college, perhaps together with Baekhyun?

 

This is just a small sacrifice he has to give in order to get what he wants. Lay is right, it's not a big deal after all. How awful could it possibly get anyway?

 

So Jongin mentally slaps himself a few times, taking a deep, shaky breath before giving Lay an approving nod.

 

He beams back in response and grabs Jongins wrist to pull him into a nearby building, which is completely covered in beautifully colored graffities.

 

The sound of cheerful shouting and laughter reaches his ears as Lay drags him even further through crowded rooms and hallways with people playing foosball, chatting around or gaming on several playstations.

 

As both shove themselfs through the crowd, Jongin barely has the time to take a closer look at everything and everyone except for the few people he bumps into occasionally.

 

Then Lay suddenly stops at a door, entirely covered in flyer, sheets of paper and wallpapers of different bands.

 

He knocks a few times before entering.

 

Jongin follows hesitantly, seeing Sehun sitting at a desk infront of them.

Various sheets of paper pile up on each side, Sehun right in the center.


As the two students enter, he looks up with expectant eyes, which quickly change into a beaming smile as he spots not only Lay but Jongin in tow.

 

Jongin, glad you could finally make it. Good to have you here. Come over.“ He waves the younger over to his desk, meanwhile rummaging through the documents before pulling out a small pile that look like some kind of contract.

 

Just in case I won't find you anymore. One never knows with that crazy crowd.“ He hands the documents over to Jongin with a row of perfect white teeth flashing as he smiles widely.

 

Jongin reaches his hand out to grab the pile on autopilot as he continues to stare at Sehuns dazzling smile in disbelief.

 

He had never seen Sehun smile so in such a genuine, honest way.

To be true it makes him a bit uncomfortable obviously being the source of his overflowing joy, but perhaps Jongin is just imagining things.

 

He surely just comes in handy for some support of the team that was most certainly understaffed like every youth club he knows, so Sehun had every reason on this planet to be happy to have him here.

 

But he certainly shouldn't celebrate just yet, it is just Jongin staying one afternoon after all.

 

Hell who's he kiddin'?

 

A chance like this would likely never ever cross his way again.

And to decline that offer was probably the most ed idea his poor little brain would produce in the clouded state of overconfidence and injured pride given the necessity to work together with the teacher he currently despises the most.

 

He just couldn't up again, for the sake of his mom, or Baekhyun. Heck, simply for the sake of his own good.

 

He can't remember the last time he didn't completely up everything.

It was time to prove to everyone and above all himself that he's also able to accomplish something on his own.

 

Let me know if you need anything“, the thundering voice suddenly snaps him back to reality and Jongin shakes his head, slightly startled.

 

S-Sure“, he mumbles while pretending to scan the documents.

 

Truth be spoken he still isn't able to concentrate on anything with Sehun being in the same room as him, staring at him with an expectant smile on his lips.

He silently prays for all this to be over soon.

 

Basically all you have to do is giving me a hand in arising issues like planning trips, resolving financial problems, keeping an eye on the club and it's supplies but most of all you're gonna be in charge for taking care of the students problems if there are any. So that basically means, well, go slumming, connect to them, make some new friends and we'll see where everything heads yeah?“

 

Still feeling overwhelmed, Jongin is only able to give a simple nod.

 

Fine“, Sehun exclaims, finally leaving the table to head to the door, „Lay can show you everything and maybe introduce you to some of the kids.“

 

Hey c'mon we're not kids anymore“, Lay attempts to protest but Sehun merely chuckles amusedly.

 

Sorry mate, I guess if you're getting old, you tend to confuse some things.“ He leaves with a wink and Jongin feels his breath finally leaving is lungs.

 

Damn he didn't hold his breath for this entire time, did he?

, Sehun sure knows how to intimidate him.

 

Hey, snap out of it“, Lay grins widely, waving a hand infront of Jongins spaced out grimace.

W-What? Oh s-sorry hyung. This is all just …“

 

Lay a questioning eyebrow at him.

Great? ing awesome? The abolute best thing on earth?“

 

Jongin rolls his eyes at that, clearly annoyed and makes his way towards the door.

Let's stay with necessary. Now c'mon hyung, go introduce me to some of the kids.

 

Lays weak attempt to protest vanishes into a wave of various noises as Jongin opens the door to head back into the crowd.

 

The rest of the afternoon Jongin spends time with various people he'd never seen before. Mostly making some smalltalk at first while indulging in some table soccer, Jongin quickly learns that roughly half of them attend different schools all over the city.

 

As he juggles the little plastic ball smoothly with skilled movements and twists of the sticks, time flies by so fast that both Jongin and Lay don't seem to notice the sun's already setting and by the time Jongin finally looks up from his fooseball-marathon he's clearly surprised by how many students had alraedy left.

 

Being so immersed in playing, he didn't even notice the noise subside slowly nor the newly met guys and girls who eventually said their goodbys before heading home.

 

I see you perfectly made your way in Jongin“, a deep, husky voice suddenly startles him from behind and Jongin flinches visibly which causes the items he is holding onto to drop with a loud thud.

 

Sehun chuckles amusedly before crouching down, quickly collecting what is left before putting it away with quick, knowing movements.

 

Jongin watches him in silence. More precisely, he obsereves his figure for the first time of the day, completely in awe.

 

The usually neat and sleek appearance as a teacher gave way to a casual style that makes him at least a couple of years younger.

 

The blinding white shirt that's normally rimmed by a black, perfectly tied tie now swirls around his lean, muscular figure carelessly. The top row of buttons are opened, revealing a perfectly sculpted chest to Jongins eyes. He hastily averts his gaze but couldn't help the slight blush creeping up his cheeks.

 

Damn it, hopefully Sehun didn't notice his embarassing gawping, bad enough he had to work with him, now Sehun really shouldn't get the wrong idea of him making mooneyes at him like every other student in school.

 

True, he looks undeniably good with his raven hair tousling around his- 'DAMNIT JONGIN! What the hell are you thinking?!'

 

That really wasn't the time to start fancying a teacher. Damnit there was absolutely no time to start fancying a teacher!! That stupid, stuffy, goody two-shoes. Yikes he could never fancy someone like him it's downright impossible. Impossible!

 

Jongin?“

Huh?!?“ What the had just happened?

 

I asked if you could give me a hand cleaning the club today?“, Sehun cleared his confusion with the amused smile still playing around his lips.

 

It makes Jongin furious to have such an overconfident bastard not only as is teacher but also his boss at volunteer-work. Goddamnit, life just couldn't give him a break could it?

 

Sure“, he mumbles as nonchalant as possible, still sighing to himself defeatedly. Was there even a small chance for him to win this game? Right now he feels as if every move to avoid Sehun as much as possible only pushes him farther into his lean arms without even wanting it.

 

Sure, he could just go out and get another job as a volunteer but who's he kidding? No one would give a sundowner like him a shot for working with people.

 

He's inexpierienced, way too smug for almost anything except for that and above all, he hates people after all. They tend to annoy him much more than it'd be healthy.

 

But this time it's different. The events of this afternoon pass before his inner eye while he collects empty cups and wraps of random sweets and snacks.

 

Almost everyone he'd met in here is approximately his age, a huge plus as the younger crowd was never really his cup of tea. They're all students and perfectly understand the struggle of overly motivated science teachers and arts teacher that are slightly divorced from the real world, other than the fact that school was always a perfect topic to get in touch with everyone today.

 

Most kids opened up to him pretty quick and it eventually became clearer, that many of them wanted to be around Jongin because he just oozes charisma and confidence.

He was the smug lil bastard everyone secretly wanted to have as a friend.

 

All in all, being deadly honest he really liked what he had been doing the whole afternoon and the genuine thought of staying slowly sparks in his head.

 

Although he had promised himself to just get it over with and leave for good once his time was up, somehow he just couldn't bear the thought of abandoning his newly made friendships and the smooth atmosphere around.

 

Mr. Oh?“, he suddenly speaks up before giving it a though.

 

Sehun looks up from putting the dishes away, a questioning look in those oh so dark orbs.

 

I … I think Imma stay a litte longer. See what happens and stuff.“

 

He feels the need to cringe as a genuine, deeply thankful smile spreads on Sehuns lips, revealing a perfect row of white teeth.

 

Ok, ok, enough with this hypocritical attention, he got it. Sehun had won again, getting his way in convincing Jongin to stay and work at this place.

One step closer steering him in the direction of a stuffy, dead-boring businessman, a better person one would call it.

 

It secretly freaks him out not being able to do anything against it. He needs this job or else he could quickly forget about getting the chance to attend a proper college or university.

 

And soon after he'd probably end up as ed up as his stepdad, after all he's well on the way given the excessive parties and drugs on a regular basis.

 

I'm glad to hear that“, Sehun interrupts his knot of thoughts and Jongins eyes are drawn to his perfect smile again. He could feel the corners of his lips itching to smile back but he supresses it, keeping a cool facade.

I'm handing in the contract tomorrow before arts club.“

 

Sehun nods. „Perfect. You'll be working three days a week for now until you get used to everything. Perhaps if school allows it and you still haven't given up, we'll be increasing the number of days.“ Now it's Jongins time to nod. „Alright, then I'll be leaving now. Until tomorrow.“

Sure, see you then Jongin.“

 

Without any further ado, Jongin turns to leave, partly confused, partly some kind of happy.

At least he doesn't have to worry about some social service anymore, that's all that matters for now.


BAM back with another chappie :D *beams*

You wouldn't believe how much of a busy weekend and week I had up until now .__. (Rocking those first aid courses on a sunday yeeeih ^__^'')

I'm so sorry for updating that late but I really couldn't find time juggling job, friends, freetime, a good workout and the least needed thing on earth > sleep. Nah, kiddin' ;D Hope you're gettin' your sleep unlike myself, so if you spot any mistakes, it's probably some insomnia messing with my brain ;D let me know in the comments ;)

Getting comments at all is one of my fav things to spot when I hit the website every now and then. I love connecting with you guys and hear what you think/wish for/etc ... (like really, not hypocritical kinda stuff for fame ;D)

Wish you all a great rest of the week and a blasting weekend :* 

Love you lil sunshines ^__^