C. 36

Poison bites

 

 

The raindrops slowly splatter against the window, leaving small, pointy traces along their way down.

Jongin sits infront of the club, lazily dragging on a cigarette he just lit up.

The cherry lights up with every drag he takes, shrinking the size of the cigarette further and further down.

 

It's a lazy day, a slow one. Everything seems to pass in a matter of hours pulled apart to days.

Once the cabin fever took hold of Jongin at home he decided to go to the club to get some organizational stuff done before holidays got started.

 

But to be honest, Sehun had been taking care of most of it before Jongin so now there is nothing else to do than sitting infront of the club smoking while the cold raindrops are slowly drippling down on the muddy ground.

 

He looks up into the sky covered in dark grey clouds that hover low over the city that's sprinkled with lights every now and then.

 

What a boring start into the holidays.

No one had time to tear up a bar or a club, go to a concert or even just do a simple houseparty.

 

Since Baekhyun and Chanyeol got together, they both gradually shut out everyone else, mostly spending time on their own, which really naggs Jongin because after all, Baekhyun is his best friend and he'd give an arm for getting to spend at least an afternoon with him talking, drinking, joking …

 

Lay has been out of the country with his parents, visiting God knows which countries all over the world, Jongin hadn't bothered to ask and the rest of the crew is either scattered over their relatives places or on vacay.

 

Seems like Jongin is the only one left out inside this small club smoking his third cigarette.

 

He sighs, blowing out the smoke in the process.

What to do on such a gloomy day?

 

He wishes himself far away on a sandy, soft beach in some country on the sunny southside of the globe.

He'd sip on Mojitos and Pina Coladas all day while watching hot chicks in short outfits dance to the hot rhythm of latin music.

Just the thought of it puts a huge malicious grin on Jongins face and he takes another drag.

One girl for every night.

That just dounds pretty much like heaven to Jongins ears.

 

One day when he would have earned enough money, the first thing to do would be buying that ticket and rush off to Brazil or somewhere else warm and lively.

 

He puts out his cigarette, returning to the warmth of the club to make some coffee.

Perhaps he should return home to help his mom prepare dinner, here's nothing else to do anyway.

 

Jongin?“

 

He startles big times, almost dropping the mug he was holding onto.

 

What are you doing here?“

Sehuns voice echoes from the entrance across the room.

 

Jongin whirls around to look for Sehun in the main room.

 

Jesus you almost gave me a heart attack, what the hell are YOU doing here?!“

 

Sehun let's out a deep chuckle, casually making his way to the kitchen, where Jongin is just about to have a cup of coffee.

I was around and thought I'd take some documents home to finally finish. I didn't expect you being here though.“

 

Jongin wordlessly hands him a mug to warm up while he cleans the kitchen with his free hand.

 

I see … could you take me home? I already got wet on the way to the club, I'm not keen on catching a cold from running through the catastrophe of weather again.“

 

Sehuns lips curl up into a feisty smirk as he sips on his coffee.

What's in for me then?“

 

Jongin reproachfully scrutinizes Sehun, putting his mug down.

I'll be cleaning the kitchen after dinner if that's convenient with his majesty.“

 

Sehun puts his fingers under his nicely defined chin in acted thoughtfulness, pouting his lips in an almost cute way.

 

How about you pay for the take out today?“

 

And again Jongin is almost about to drop his coffee mug.

 

You can't be serious“, he growls huffily, „I don't even get paid for this ing exploit of a job in this club. How about your fancy pays for his own food?“

 

Against all odds, Sehun doesn't react surprised at all. Instead, his lips curl up into a more than amused smirk as if he had this all planned out from the start.

 

At this point, Jongin wants to spill his whole mug of coffee onto Sehuns white shirt that peaked out under the oversized, black coat.

 

Calm down sweetheart, I've already got pizza for all of us tonight and you won't have to clean the kitchen afterwards, promised.“

 

Jongins face falls off as he hears Sehun talking.

Again, he had managed to tease the life out of Jongin with Jongin ending up being the dumb one. Oh how he hates that conceited bastard …

 

With a huffy pout, he sits down onto the comfy leather seat of Sehuns fancy car, eager to not exchange a single word with Sehun until they got home.

 

They prepare dinner silently with Jongin questioningly looking around for his mom.

 

I think she mentioned something about a bad headache. I suppose she went to bed early“, Sehun crosses Jongins thoughts while setting the plates and glasses.

 

Jongin silently accepts, sitting down. He fills his and Sehuns plate lazily before starting to eat.

 

So“, Sehun starts the conversation while devouring his pizza hungrily, „It's the start of holidays, got something planned?“

 

Jongin sighs, putting his pizza down. „Not really, everyone's out traveling somewhere or eing caught up in clingy relationships.“

 

Sehun chuckles. „Sounds like a life goal.“

 

Jongin huffs, taking a huge bite. „Not at all“, he muffles out in between the pizza.

What kind of life is that? There's nothing adventurous or fun to expect except for lazy days with netflix or sights you already know from books and internet sites.“

 

Sehun a sassy eyebrow at Jongin, taking a bite.

Sounds like you'll end up in some part of Africa working your way through the country with nothing but the stuff you're wearing around your belt.“

 

This time, Jongin really has to chuckle, as he imagined him with a bottle of Vodka around his belt.

Jesus no. But I mean …“, he looks at Sehun, shrugging, „don't you love to experience something new now and then? Don't you get tired of the same old routine? When was the last time you traveled just because? Or went into a new bar or club just because?“

 

Jongin clearly spots the uncomfortable feeling emitting from Sehun as he tries to muster a fake smile.

Well I …“

He takes a bite to pass some time to think of a good excuse but Jongin had already caught him.

 

See? People are living boring lifes. I hate it! And why are they doing this to themselfs? Because they're afraid of the unknown. But not me. I want to experience as much as I can while being able to. Even if I don't have the money right now, I'll still go travel places because I want to, meet new people even if they're a downright disappointment. There's always time to move on to better places.“ He takes a thoughtful sip of his wine.

Sorry I have been jabbering too much.“

 

Sehun thoughtfully shakes his head slowly.

Not at all“, his deep voice fills the room, his face almost looking sad.

 

You know“, he starts again after a while of awkward silence, „if I could, I'd go straight to Brazil right now.“

He looks up from his plate, smiling cheerfully.

And I'd take you with me to show you everything because you really don't wanna miss out on this.“

 

 

Without thinking about it, Jongin answers: „Then what prevents you from getting into that plane?“

 

An adventurous grin paints it's way onto Sehuns face.

 

Now that I think about it … A thousand excuses but actually …“, he takes another sip of his wine, „let's do this!“

 

Jongins eyes go wide.

You mean as in … we?“

 

A deep, loud laughter rumbles through the room like thunder.

Of course, as I said, you don't wanna miss out on that! Let's take your mom as well. After everything, you two deserve more than a treat.“

 

Only hearing his rapid heartbeat inside his ears, Jongin feels close to fainting regarding Sehuns over the top generous offer.

 

I-I …“

 

No if's or but's or whatsoever! We'll be going!“, Sehun immediately interferes with a huge smile on his face.

 

Y-You can't be serious …“, Jongin whispers breathless, downing his whole glass of wine.

 

But Sehun only grins, already opening his laptop, typing something.

 

I'm damn serious. I know an old friend where we can stay over. He's got the most beautiful beach house I've ever seen.“

 

To prevent himself from finally fainting, Jongin places his upper body on the table, holding his head with one hand.

 

I-It's way too expensive, what about-“

 

Nah, not at all. Didn't you see the car of mine? I definitely earn more than enough to give this opportunity to you.“

 

He slightly closes the laptop, looking at Jongin with a stern look in his eyes.

 

Jongin“, he starts, „if it wasn't for you, I'd probably be still stuck in some kind of posh but boring teacher life. You got me out of my comfort zone miles long and I'm thankful for that, really. You and your mom are the greatest gift and the closest to family I could ever get …“, he looks down a little shy, „It's time to pay at least a little bit of all this back. And I think we can all use some sunny vacay or not?“

 

 

 

 

I'd never thought we'd really end up here“, Jongin mutters breathless, stunned by the sight infront of him for the dozenth time of the day.

 

The sea streches out infront of him, kissed by the warm sunlight that dances upon the tiny, crystal clear blue waves on top of the surface.

 

Muffled music plays out from the beach house in the background where Jongins mom is already preparing dinner for the three of them with the sun illuminating the kitchen that directly points to the seaside.

 

Promised too much?“

Sehuns lips stretch out into a wide, genuine smile as he sits besides Jongin on the patio, watching the waves dance.

 

The trip had been more than exhausting and consumptive, stressing all three of them to the bone but now that they got here, Jongin is completely overwhelmed.

 

Never in his life has he been getting the chance to experience some kind of this beauty unfolding infront of him.

 

He can't help but stare at the sight infront of him with his mouth open in utter awe.

 

If it wasn't for his mom calling both of them for dinner, Jongin would've likely spent the whole evening just sitting and staring.

 

Even when all three of them have dinner outside on the patio, Jongin can't get himself to utter even a single word.

He silently chews bite for bite until his mom decides to clean the table, leaving Sehun and him outside alone.

 

What's wrong?“, Sehu asks, pouring them both some wine, „you almost haven't said a single word since we got here. And that's pretty unusual regarding your regular pattern of talking.“

 

Jongin shakes his head, taking a huge gulp of his wine.

What do you expect me to say?“

He takes another huge sip.

This is something I'll never be able to pay back in a lifetime. I feel bad about you spending so much money on us although we already live in your house without having to pay anything.“

 

For a moment, Sehun seems to contemplate.

He opens his mouth but closes it right away again.

 

The way Jongin looks at him evokes a strange feeling within Sehun.

He would've given anything to this boy because he downright deserves it.

 

The way he stood up for his mom in the past, bravely facing his abusive stepfather while still trying to juggle some kind of normal life in between still deeply wells up admiration.

Not to mention the way Jongin put his heart into the club, working his of without earning a single penny in the process. The way he brought everyone together still utterly awes Sehun.

 

And all that this boy wants in return from life is something nice, something he could enjoy.

 

After all that Jongin had done for him, taught him, Sehun is more than willing to offer some ease for his strained mind.

 

So instead of constructing an eloquent, justifying answer, Sehun simply asks: „Feel like going out tonight? I know some places you two would surely love.“

 

Jongin, not expecting this kind of response turns around with his brows knitted together in confusion.

 

What?“, Sehun chuckles, pouring some more wine, „might as well milk this one as long as we're here.“

 

Jongin opens his mouth to fire back.

I'll take that as a yes“, Sehun happily chirps, already getting up to get inside to Jongins Mom before Jongin could do anything.

 

Mrs. Kim is downright to the bats as she learns about Sehuns offer for the evening, chatting on about that pretty dress she finally gets to wear and how much she is looking forward to go out in this beautiful city while Jongin sits outside, jaw dropping over the the fact that brashness could be so ing friendly.

 

He eventually admits defeat, rummaging through his clothes for something nice to wear before occupying the bathroom with that wickedly expensive bathtub and marled floor.

 

As he steps out of the bathroom freshly showered and made up, he meets Sehun inside the open kitchen.

The elder turns around, dressed up as well with an excited grin on his beautiful lips.

 

Jongin stops his movement for a while, still utterly fascinated how a ing teacher could look so downright attractive.

He shakes his head in frustrated disbelief.

 

Sehun again managed to irritate Jongin to the bone only by wearing a simple black shirt that's unbottoned down to his chest, letting the warm evening breeze move the soft fabric around the toned muscles charmingly.

 

He hands Jongin a small glass with a honey colored liquid inside.

Shht, quick before your mom is ready“, Sehun whispered raspily, winking at Jongin who takes the glass with his eyebrows arched questioningly.

What's that?“ He gives the glass a brief sniff, widening his eyes in pure delight.

 

Whiskey?“

 

Shht“, Sehun hushes Jongin with his finger. He looks around for Jongins mom before clinking glasses with the younger.

 

My favorite when I was younger. Have a sip, I won't tell your mom. I'm sure she wouldn't approve.“

 

Jongin puffs his cheeks. „Not quite sure. But better not find out. Cheers!“

 

Both down their glasses in one go, giggling like teenagers who had their first cigarette behind a huge fence in the suburbs.

 

Just in time before his mom got out of the bathroom, admittedly looking gorgeous in her light blue dress with her hair made up in a loose bun.

 

The three of them drive down the dusty road into the city illuminated by the intense golden light of the evening sun.
They roam the streets together filled with the sounds of music exiting several bars and restaurants, noisy chattering of people passing by and the shouts and laughter on each corner of the alleys.

Sehun decides for several stops, ordering different drinks and snacks each time, always accompanied by the knot of music, laughter and chatter.

By the time they stopped at the fourth bar, Sehun decides to stay for the rest of the night they'd spend in town.

 

It has been a wonderful evening.

Colorful cocktails pass their table one by one until Jongin feels severely tipsy while some small band plays smooth beats on a cute little stage.

As the night proceeds a couple of people start dancing infront of the stage, putting Jongins mom in a state of pure excitement.

 

Jongin notices the nostalgic smile on her face as she watches the couples whirling around to the rhythmic music in a messy pattern.

Jongin assumes she's probably reminiscing about his father and the honeymoon they had spent in a fancy resort.

He could imagine the two went out often as well, having beautiful cocktails, dancing to the music until the stars appeared …

 

Mom? Is everything alright?“ Jongin puts an arm around his mother, mumbling in a low voice.

 

She turns around quite surprised at first, then her face softens into a loving smile.

Of course hun. I was just … you know. Let's not talk about stale news. It's such a beautiful night, I couldn't be more happy right now.“

She hugs her son back encouragingly, giving him the brightest smile he's ever seen.

 

Sehun who had watched the two in silence seems to have clicked pretty fast and he doesn't hesitate a second as he gets up, gently dragging Jongins mom up her seat to guide her to the dancefloor.

Jongin couldn't supress a smirk of amusement while his mom stumbles across the dancefloor completely caught off-guard while Sehun guides her calmly with a playful smile on his face.

 

He seems to speak some encouraging words every now and then but Jongin's too far away to understand what they're talking about.

He just notices both smiling happily, especially his mom once she got used to Sehuns quick steps across the floor.

 

He takes a sip of his cocktail when suddenly Sehuns phone starts vibrating on the table.

Curious to know who'd interrup his vacation, Jongin takes a quick look at the display.

 

Ian“

 

Immediately reading the name, Jongins mood drops down to absolute zero.

 

Sehun had talked to Ian about the vacation on the phone the day they had planned out everything and he had been ok with it as he had to stay away for work a little longer anyway, so what could that little er want now all of the sudden?

 

Jongin doesn't like him at all. Something about him seems off.

Not to mention he had caused a havoc of changes and mess with his sudden appearance and moving into Sehuns mansion.

Jongin still feels like puking remembering the infamous night when he caught both of them in the act …

 

A shiver runs up and down his spine and he downs his beverage in one go, immediately ordering a new one, downing this one as well before Sehun and his mom return to the table completely out of breath and laughing like little kids.

 

I haven't had so much fun in a long time“, Jongins mom utters out between heavy breaths, taking a generous gulp of her cocktail to cool down.

 

Jongin decides not to spoil the mood by acting strange so he musters every ounce of acting skill he has and puts on a big smile, complimenting his mom on dancing so well after such a long time, which partially isn't even a lie anyway.

 

The three of them spend several more hours inside the bar, drinking, chatting, enjoying themselfs, until the bartender politely requests them to leave.

 

Sehun takes a quick look at his wristwatch, horrorfiedly noting it's already past four in the morning and the sun's about to rise again soon.

 

Totally forgot the time“, he apologizes inside the car, swiftly driving down the road with the sun already peeking over the horizon.

 

Once they arrive at the beach house, Jongins mom excuses herself for going to bed while Sehun and Jongin take a seat outside, not quite tired yet.

 

Now that your mom's asleep …“, Sehun grins furtively and gets up, returning with a bottle and two glasses.

Jongins lips curl up into a smirk and he thankfully accepts the glass with the honey coloured liquid inside.

 

Already quite tipsy both chatter back and forth for a while until Sehun blatantly states: „You know what would be awesome right now?“

 

Without giving it a further thought, Jongin answers: „Bacon?“

 

Sehun looks at the younger in surprise.

Both break out into laughter.

 

Damn right, we should cook breakfast“, Sehun stretches out his muscles, groaning contently, „but perhaps a shower first that'd be great right now.“

 

He turns to look at Jongin.

Their eyes meet and Jongin notices the blazing, fiery red light of the rising sun reflecting in Sehuns irises.

He's not quite sure what the look in his eyes shall imply so he awkwardly turns away to ease the tension building up from the constant staring.

 

Uhm … well then I uhm, will start preparing- WHAT THE HELL?!“

 

In a matter of seconds Sehun simply grabs Jongin, throws him over his shoulder marching towards the ocean.

 

WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING OH SEHUN?! LEMME GO, NOW!!!“

 

Undeterred by Jongins shouts, protest and hammering on his back, Sehun eventually steps into the water further and further until the water reaches his hips with soft waves.

 

Ok as you wish“, he simply states, throwing a completely furious Jongin into the ocean.

 

Coughing and snorting he emerges from the water, glaring daggers at the grinning Sehun.

 

„ … Imma kill you“, he growls deeply but seeming more like a puppy in contrast to the much taller Sehun whose upper parts are still dry as well.

The elder breaks out into laughter, earning even gloomier stares from Jongin as the seconds pass.

 

If anythink you'll tickle me. Look at you, you look like a drowned rat“, he ruffles Jongins wet, messy hair, stepping closer, „but a cute one.“

 

Now Jongin does not only look like a drowned rat, no, a malicious, deep red blush crawls up his neck onto his cheeks.

That goddamn bastard …

Again Jongin had lost all of his self control, replaced by nothing but irritation.

 

It didn't matter how much of an effort Jongin would put into resisting the exposure of Sehun, the elder always seemed to find a way blatantly crossing his plans.

 

Mentally facepalming himself for falling for Sehuns trap again, Jongin vindictively throws his arms up, pushing against the lean, muscular chest of Sehun in order to knock over the taller man.

 

What Jongin probably hadn't considered is the fact that Sehun's a whole lot taller and stronger than him, which results in him recieving the attempt to be overthrown like a brick wall.

 

He grabs Jongin by the wrists pulling him along inside the water as he let's himself fall back.

Jongin can hardly resist the strong grip and awkwardly stumbles upon the tall man, feeling his face splash with the salty water of the ocean as both dive into it, bearly being able to breathe in before the water surrounds his whole body.

 

Blurry and illuminated by the dawn he finds Sehuns face, smiling at him.

His slender hand comes loose of Jongins and reaches out for his face, hesistating for a moment.

But instead of reaching for his face, his long, delicate fingers entangle themselfs into Jongins hair floating around his head under water, ruffling them gently before detatching himself from the younger to surface again.

 

Both gasp for air being up again.

 

Sehun runs his fingers through his wet hair and while Jongin still has to look like a drowned rat, Sehun couldn't look any more gorgeous than this very moment.

His wet hair tousles around his head messily, reflecting the sunlight in their dark brown colour, the water pearling off of his chizzled cheekbones and lips while his eyes unintentionally looked like dark seductive orbs smiling at Jongin maliciously.

 

For a moment Jongin couldn't help but merely stare at the gorgeous creature infront of him.

It didn't really help that his shirt had left it's original place due to the water now revealing a fine pack of ripped abs to Jongins completely confused eyes.

 

He quickly shakes his head, looking anywhere but at Sehun and proceeding to get out of the water asap.

Then he stops immediately.

Sehun follows his eyes until they go wide with shock.

 

Ian?“


Hello beautiful cupcakes <3 

I hope you're doing well getting through this nasty weather :/ if not here's a cup of hot chocolate for you <3

 

A quick update as I'm finally done with the exams and ready to write my heart out!

 

I promise things'll dense up from now on so stay tuned ;) 

 

Love you my little sunshines <3