C. 40

Poison bites

 

Awkward silence decends upon the table as everyone eats in silence, only the occasional rattling of the silverware on the plates could be heard among the chewing sounds.

 

Jongin dares to lift his head slightly and unsuspiciously to take a furtive glance around.

 

Sehun is sitting next to Mina, whose gaze is fixed upon the food Jongins mom had cooked up earlier.

Mrs. Kim sitting across the two next to Jongin, eating in silence and seemingly deep in thoughts as she shoves the food around the table mindlessly, not quite adding to a comfortable atmosphere around the table.

 

Jongin decides to end the awkward tense sensation and grabs the bottle right next to him.

 

More wine anyone?“

 

Faces lift and Jongin notices thankfulness hiding behind the polite looks of Mina and Sehun.

 

I'd love to. It's so good“, Mina smiles, shoving her glass gently across the table before Jongin refills her glass.

Mrs. Kim has chosen the wine for tonight“, Sehun adds in attempt to fuel some friendly conversation.

Minas gaze shifts from Jongin to his mom and her face lights up with a genuine smile.

 

Excellent choice Mrs. Kim. Where did you buy it from?“

 

With that, a simple but flowing conversation takes place, leaving Jongin enough room to analyze the situation.

As he takes a curious glance around he notices Mina and Sehun sitting close together, his hand probably holding hers for support underneath the table.

He seems protective of her, making her look weaker than she might actually be.

 

Mina herself was a stunningly beautiful woman, huge brown eyes, pouty, full lips and a smile that lights up the room within seconds.

If it wasn't for his pride Jongin would downright admit being jealous of that beautiful woman who had been given the chance of living together with a man like Sehun.

 

A sharp, intense sting of sickness rushes through his stomach up to his throat and he quickly takes a sip of his glass to supress the urge to puke right on the table.

He had figured something's definitely changed since being in Brazil and he sure as hell didn't like it. It had expressed itsef in random actions and situations like the current insomnia due to the endless tornado of thoughts randomly appearing out of nowhere to tackle his sanity.

 

He'd catch himself looking at Sehun when he was cooking, doing work or talking to someone.

Yes he had caught himself being downright fascinated by the grace and elegance with which he moved and acted.

Something he had rarely noticed before.

 

He had caught himself having dreams about Sehun in the weirdest way to the very least, always waking up drenched in sweat and utterly confused.

 

The situation now doesn't make it any better.

In fact, he feels worse than ever before about Sehun moving out.

He actually considered them to be very close given the time they had spent in Brazil but now he seriously doubts Sehuns words to be only what everyone likes to portray: Sympathy.

 

Oh how much he hates sympathy …

 

Jongin starts chewing a little harder than intended, swallowing equally hard just to find the piece of food appearing tasteless on his tounge and heavy in his stomach.

He shoves the plate away in slight disgust and shifts his attention to the glass infront of him instead.

 

This'd be a funny evening …

 

 

Later that night, the four of them had switched to making themselfs comfortable in the living room, another bottle of wine opened on the small table right before them.

Mina had slightly snuggled up to Sehun, seemingly enjoying a funny conversation while Jongin had squeezed himself into the other corner, eyeing the scene warily, which doesn't necessarily stem from the fact that he had been drinking a little to much by now.

 

He tears his gaze off the two and looks down into his glass, his vision already becoming comfortably blurry.

 

As he looks up, his eyes wander around aimlessy, eventually finding Sehuns, who looks at Jongin with an unreadable expression, stern but questioning and alluring at the same time.

He slightly raises an eyebrow while cocking his head to the side.

 

The gesture itself might've been meaningless but Jongin now knows that Sehun knows something is fishy.

He quickly averts his gaze, looking down into his glass again with his cheeks uncomfortably heating up.

 

To somehow ease off the tension he quickly refills his glass and occupies himself with the content while ignoring the stares Sehun clearly gives him over Minas auburn hair.

 

To avoid being questioned later, Jongin quickly considers to leave for his bedroom but the moment he opens his mouth, Mrs. Kim speaks up in a chirpy voice: „Ok everyone. It was a nice evening but I need my sleep.“

Judging from the slight slurr in her voice, she obviously had too much wine and was getting tired.

 

Much to Jongins dislike she excused herself for sleeping, leaving only the three of them on the sofa in the same awkward silence that had decended upon them earlier.

 

Mina had closed her eyes, softly breathing as she leans against Sehun, who mindlessly her hair.

 

To say they're only friends becomes more and more of an apparent joke to Jongin as he watches them interacting so intimately.

 

A deep frown digs it's way into Jongins forehead as he averts his gaze, trying to ignore the uprising turmoil in his stomach.

Be it due to the massive amount of wine or the fact that his tired mind is slowly playing poker with him, Jongin couldn't help but angrily wonder how a person that hadn't contacted Sehun for months, perhaps even years could possibly be more important now than him, who had spend almost years now, even living with him.

After all, Sehun had said, Jongin's the best that ever happened to him … Was it that easy to replace the younger?

 

He'd spent his whole life having to fight for everything ever crossing his way, earning nothing but bull in return and had thought Sehun was the first one to be sincere, someone in whose presence he coud finally stop fighting but this …

 

He's tired of fighting.

 

So incredibly tired of having to put up with so much crap after all.

 

Tired of all this monkey buisiness with seemingly no end.

 

Jongin's shocked by the sudden amount of disappointment coursing through his veins, taking his breath away for a short amount of time.

 

He takes a huge sip as he feels an unfamiliar pressure strangling his throat.

Goddamnit he wouldn't start crying, not now!

 

Mentally smacking himself, Jongin manages to get a grip of himself again, but the bitter taste of disappointment just wouldn't leave his tounge, regardless of how much wine flows down his throat.

 

Perhaps he should really go to sleep, all this wine had managed to make him disgustingly sentimental.

He quickly finishes his glass and excuses himself to bed quickly.

 

Are you sure? It's not that late“, Sehun interjects, carefully shifting his position not to wake Mina. Watching the scene only reassures Jongin in his plan to finally get some much needed sleep.

 

You should go as well“, his gaze falls onto Mina, with her eyes closed and lips slightly parted, obviously already fast asleep, „or at least get Mina to bed. She seems … a little tired.“

 

With a polite smile, he proceeds in leaving the room.

 

 

Few minutes later, laying on his bed, Jongin feels his heavy limbs and ladden eyelids but his mind decided to go on rampage over seemingly everything that had happened in the past year and this particular evening.

He lazily closes his eyes in a weak attempt to finally get some sleep but Sehuns image flashes before his eyes again and again.

 

His every word repeats inside his head, his every action replays infront of his eyes and Jongin feels his eyes well up with tears as he realizes just how much Sehun had done for him, how much he had sacrificed for Jongin.

Just how much of a guradian angel he had been over these years, through every storm, rain and chaos that had occured in Jongins life.

 

And he realized just how much he needs this strength.

 

How much he needs Sehun.

 

His heart almost stops as someone suddenly knocked on his door and he startles straight into a sitting position, feeling utterly caught.

He briefly wonders who it could possibly be and contemplates on actually opening the door.

 

Hesistantly, he gets up from his bed as quiet as possible and takes cautious steps towards the door, listening if the other person might say something.

But it remains quiet.

 

His hand hovers above the doorknob, his heart beating fast with strange anticipation but at last, he turns it around and opens the door, finding a tall, handsome figure towering infront of him with a serious expression on his face.

His lips are tinted slightly blueish from the wine, his cheeks flushed with a tint of pink and he'd never looked more beautiful with that messed up raven hair and those black, piercing eyes that alwas seem to stare directly into Jongins soul.

Both stare at each other for what seems an eternity until Sehun finall speaks up with his voice deep and trembling: „Jongin I-“ He suddenly stops, his face contorting with struggle until he turns his head to Jongin again, „I'm sorry.“

 

After that everything happened so fast that Jongin didn't even realize what's going.

 

Sehun encloses Jongin face tightly with both hands, smashing his lips against Jongins desperately, his whole body shaking violently to the point his breath hitches in his throat.

 

He parts for a second, looking into Jongins eyes widely open with shock.

With a gentle motion, he runs his thumb across the youngers cheek, trying to figure out his thoughts.

 

I'm sorry, I can't-“, he whispers but stops instantly, grabbing Jongins hair as he kisses him again, this time even more demanding and desperate as if this is the last chance to see Jongin ever again.

 

His lips greedily capture Jongins until the latter eventually grants him entrance into his mouth, wasting no time in playing with his tounge until he notices the youngers knees becoming weak.

He quickly slips an arm around his waist, pulling Jongin closer to him while messing up his hair with the other hand as their kiss becomes even more passionate and heated.

 

And just when Sehun thought he couldn't take any more, Jongin suddenly pushes him away harshly, breathing heavily as he looks up into Sehuns eyes with utter confusion and a slight sense of anger.

 

What the hell is this about?!“, he hisses darkly, wiping his mouth roughly.

 

W-what do you mean?“, Sehun utters in equal confusion, lazily fixing his hair.

 

You think you can just walk in and ing KISS ME before walking off to the next one to get ed in one month only?“

He spreads his arms reproachfully before hissing again: „What am I to you for s sake?! Will I be replaced again when this night is over?! I'm so done with all this bull and still …“ he ruffles his hair in distress, groaning loudly in frustration before turning to Sehun again.

And still you son of a won't leave my mind!“

 

A short pause stretches between them.

 

For s sake“, Jongin whispers, before pushing Sehun against the closed door, closing the distance between again.

AHHHHHHH FINALLY O_______O 

 

What's going to happen now?? ;))))