C. XVI

Poison bites

 

Next day, half of the class is completely hyped about the concert later on, excitedly chattering about Exo and their upcoming gig.

 

Especially Taeyeon clings to Baekhyun like a little, beaming shadow, showering him him praise and excitement for his appearance on stage again.

 

Both happily rattle on some dillydally, seemingly enjoying each others company.

Jongin eyes them warily, a faint notion blossoming inside his mind.

 

As class begins and Taeyeon lightly bounces back to her seat, throwing Baekhyun a beaming smile on the go.

Jongin tears his eyes away from her and plops down on his seat facing Baekhyun with a cocked eyebrow.

 

Thought that little puppy'd eat you up whole if class didn't start. What's up with you two, huh?“

 

Although Baekhyun shakes his head in pure denial, the slight flush tinting his cheeks speaks otherwise. „It's nothing, really. We just talked about the gig tonight, that's all.“

 

Jongin raises his other eyebrow. „Oh yeah and she'll be the one in the first row screaming your name? Gimme ten bucks if I'm right.“

 

Oh come on Jongi“, Baekhyun sighs, still in denial, waving his hands in defensively, „you know that's bull. Plus Taeyeon has a boyfriend already and-“ „Yeah yeah we all know he's a wimp, got it. So when exactly are you planning on getting her laid by your majesty Baekhyun?“

 

The blush on Baekhyuns cheeks deepens even more, painting his cheeks in a deep crimson red.

W-What the?! Jongi, what the hell? You really think I'm such a jerkass? I'd never encourage anyone to cheat on their partner!“

 

Jongin rubs his chin, pretending to be deep in thoughts. „Uhum, and we're talking about the same Baekhyun here? You know the one to always talk me into ing the teacher?“

 

Jongin“, Baekhyun exclaims, clearly uncomfortable with how things turned out by now, „you know that's two different pairs of socks.“

 

Jongin chuckles deeply. „Oh yeah it is. I'll go to jail with the second one.“

 

Emitting a huffy sound, Baekhyun turns away, facing the board and teacher infront. Judging from Jongins point of view, Baekhyun wouldn't make any attempts on discussing with him today again.

 

Smiling contently, he turns away, trying to supress his victorious mood to focus on the lesson but he couldn't quite erase the smile still tugging on his lips.

 

Stupid Baekhyun. Taeyeon would be more than willing to rip off his clothes faster than he could count to three.

And Jongin'd make sure this happens as fast as possible, so that a tard named Chanyeol would finally disappear out of his mind completely.

 

Just wait and see Baekhyun, Jongin thought to himself with an evil smile, silently taking notes.

 

 

The said night everyone was waiting for came faster than expected.

 

Jongin, Sehun, Lay and the band almost got troubled preparing every last bit that had to be taken care of: Drinks, food, music, technical stuff and details.

 

Jongin managed to lay hand on the last bottle of water and cups, before the first students arrived,

slowly crowding the area around the stage and inside the club.

The noise started to increase more and more with the students still flooding the area nonstop.

 

Jongin takes a look around, searching for Baekhyun among the crowd but couldn't make out the familiar brown locks of his'.

 

Swiping two bottles of beer away from the bar, he shoves his way through the crowd, occasionally greeting some of his classmates or students visiting the youth club frequently.

 

About ten minutes of searching later, he finally spots his best friend, talking to Tao a bit offside the stage. As he notices Jongin, his eyes light up immediately.

 

Hyung, finally. Thought the crowd's already swallowed you whole. Hey is that for me?“

Without hesitating, he grabs the beer and plops it open loudly.

Just what I need right now. Thanks Jongi.“

 

Jongin grins happily and clinks bottles with Baekhyun, who downs half of his beer in one go.

 

Nervous much?“, Tao asks with a playful tone in his voice but Baekhyun just shakes his head, causing the soft brown hair to ruffle around in a messy way, making him look even more like an artist than usual.

As if. We've played for larger crowds before. I'm just thirsty. Haven't had a drink since coming here.“

 

Merely by the way of talking, Jongin could sense his best friend's nervousness, but decided to not dig any further, given the gig starting shortly and Baekhyuns need to get ready and prepare.

 

He waved the two goodbye, making his way back to the bar to keep the drinks in check and making sure to not to hand out the alcoholic drinks to underaged students.

 

Sehun menawhile hopps off the stage and heads back to the bar where Jongin is busy handing out the drinks.

 

Any problems?“, Sehun asks with an exhausted smile.

Jongin, not looking up from his work, just shakes his head, answering: „Everything' running smoothly so far. Exo's ready to play?“

 

Any minute. I checked everything twice, now everything should be ready, finally.“

 

A content smile rushes over Jongins face, before he fills cups again, focusing on his work.

 

Just the second he hands out the last cups and bottles, a familiar voice speaks up through the microphone.

Hey folks, this is EXO, but I'm sure y'all know already.“

 

The crowds cheering grows louder and Jongin adds up by whistling as loud as he could.

 

We're incredibly happy to play infront of such a beautiful crowd“, a playful wink causes the noise to increase even more, „And we hope y'all enjoy yourselfs tonight. Let's go!“

 

That's when Kyungsoo plays the first chords until the band eventually joins in together with Baekhyun singing with all his heart to the upbeat rhythms.

 

Just when Jongin is about to leave the bar to join the crowd for one or two songs, his blood suddenly freezes.

 

A few feet away across the area, he spots a familiar bright red head, peaking out among the crowd, that was roughly half a meter smaller than him.

 

Once he realizes Chanyeol to the fullest, his blood, that had been freezing a second ago begins boiling with anger.

 

That bastard, how dare he shows up exactly now to this show?!

 

Thinking of how much he had hurt Baekhyun with his actions, how much he had been suffering because of this stupid motherer, his blood begins raging even more.

Jongin unconsciously clenches his fist so hard that the skin around his knuckles tension white over the bones.

 

Bastard“, he hisses fuming with rage, ready to head over and smack the out of Chanyeol.

 

If it wasn't for the gig of Exo and the much needed concert, he wouldn't have hesitated a second blink but now, thinking of Baekhyun and how important this concert is to him, Jongin holds back, continuing to clench his fists hard.

 

Goddamnit he couldn't bear the sight of that ing ucker any longer.

 

Without a second thought he turns on his heel, storming inside to punch a random table hard until his knuckles bleed.

 

What the? Jongin what's wrong?“, a low, deep voice rumbles behind him in a calm manner before he feels a warm, slender hand taking his.

 

He slightly flinches at the sudden sensation, slightly whining with the pain that shoots through his whole hand up to his underarm.

 

Sehun examines the wound closely with genuine sorrow in his eyes, softly over the bleeding knuckles every now and then while examining.

 

Y-You really don't have to-“, Jongin starts, but is shushed by Sehun with a mere movement of his hand.

You definitely need some bandage for this one. Wait here and stay still.“ With that said, Sehun heads off into the kitchen, carrying a few items with him on the way back.

 

With the feeling of confusion and slight aversion still lingering inside his body, Jongin isn't able to move the slightest bit, although all that's left of his reasonable mind basically screams at him to get out of this situation as quick as possible.

 

But Sehun turns out to be a slight tad faster as he puts the items in his hands down onto a nearby table, ripping open a few packages of bandages and patches.

 

Does it hurt much?“, he asks a bit too soft for Jongins liking. While he speaks, Jongin isn't able to focus at all, Sehuns hands all over the skin of his wounded hand, it with feathery movements.

 

U-Uhm, it a-actually …“, he gulps down a huge lump in his throat, feeling his heartbeat speed up at the awkward touch, „It's ok actually, I-I really don't need to be treated.“

 

With all of the clear thoughts left in Jongins mind, he tries hard to think of a inconspicious way to get out of here, away from Sehun and his oh so genuine concern about Jongin.

 

, he thought to himself while cringing at the thought of Sehun trying to make a move at him.

Damn what the hell is he thinking?!

 

His brain never failed to compose the weirdest, most inappropriate thoughts at the most inappropriate times. This is definitely not something to mull over with Sehun still carefully bandaging his injured knuckles.

 

Looking at his face fully focused on tying the bandages, Jongin couldn't prevent a hard blush kickin' in up his neck all the way to his ears.

 

He hopes with all of his heart Sehun wouldn't look up accidently, noticing Jongins embarassement, although he had been a teacher for quite some years now. Dealing with all kinds of emotional states, especially being head of the arts club, seems to be only logical and the presentaions of several artworks pop up in his head, combines with the vivid memory of the petite girl bawling her eyes out after telling her story, as if to confirm Jongins line of thought.

 

Nevertheless, he just refuses to give in to this overconfident bastard and his oh so pedagogical assumptions about Jongin and his life, especially regarding its desired condiction.

 

Nah, he would never end up like him, having the stick so deeply shoven up his that he could only sink into the comfortable leather of a BMW.

 

Hell no, Jongin knows how to prevent that.

 

If he ever earns money up the wazoo, he sure will spend it on exclusive and upmost expensive parties with a load of alcohol and drugs, drinking away the fact that he's getting older.

 

The thought of a fancy penthouse filled with beautiful people and equally beautiful bottles of Vodka and expensive whisky somehow calmed him down, slowly draining the deep, red color out of his face.

 

Thankfully Sehun just puts some finishing touches on his bandage work before releasing Jongins hand carefully with a genuine smile.

 

Try not to blast the table again. Not quite sure if the bandage could handle that.“

Did Jongin begin to hallucinate or was that a wink Sehun threw at him?

Good Lord this evening is all to much by now.

 

All Jongin wants to do right now is grabbing a bottle of beer and get dancing with the crowd.

That's when he remembers Chanyeol and his blood is about to boil over again.

 

Sehun seems to notice Jongins contorted face and a questioning eyebrow at him.

Who's getting on your nerves again? You look like you're ready to murder someone.“

 

Jongin hastily averts his gaze, not wanting to answer at all. This topic is all too sensitive and above all the last thing to discuss with his teacher. So Jongin just shakes his head a few times, indicating his uneasieness about the topic.

 

Sehun seems to twig and nods understandingly.

It's ok if you don't wanna talk about it. Just make sure to not cause some havoc later on ok?“

 

That's something Jongin couldn't actually promise at his mental state but he gave a reassuring nod nevertheless and leaves the building to head towards the crowd, grabbing a bottle on the go.

 

As he merges into the crowd, Jongin tries hard not to look around, perhaps accidently spotting the oh so familiar red hair among the others.

 

Instead he pushes forward to the frontline, cheering on Baekhyun on top of his lounges, spilling the content of his open bottle all the way around.

But no one seems to care, everyone is busy dancing and singing along to the catchy tunes and rhythms jammed onstage.

 

A few hours later, Jongin as one of many is completely drenched in sweat, one of countless bottles in his hand.

 

Baekhyun has already announced their last song and the crowd's on fire, cheering in deafening volume one last time before the song ends with a roar of screaming and shouting for EXO to play again.

 

With an apologetic grin, Baekhyun descents from the stage, followed by Kyungsoo, Tao and Kris, who are welcomed by the huge load of fans that start to storm into their direction, cheering and shouting, trying to get a hold of one of them.

 

Jongin silently watches the scene with an amused smile before heading back to the bar to grab a bottle of beer for his best friend.

 

Driplets of sweat trace the outline of Baekhyuns face as he turns around to notice Jongin, handing him a drink with a huge grin on his face.

 

Baekhyuns eyes light up immediately.

He runs up to Jongin, smashing him with an overwhelming hug, almost spilling the drink Jongin had brought him.

 

Jongi you don't have a damn clue how much of a genius idea you had with this gig.“ He ruffles Jongins hair hysterically while excitedly blathering on.

The stage, the crowd, the atmosphere, everything was just plain perfect. That's exactly what we wanted to do all along. You wouldn't believe how pumped I am right now.“

 

Jongin a challenging eyebrow at his best friend. „Well I barely noticed.“

 

Is that for me?“, Baekhyun grabs the bottle thankfully, gulping down a huge amount of the liquid before wiping his mouth contently humming.

 

Thanks Jongi, you're a gem. Hey have you seen Taeyeon around? She texted just right before the gig she'd come to support me first row.“

 

A slight frown starts to cover Jongins forehead but he relaxes quickly and shakes his head clueless.

Dunno. Haven't seen her around by now. Perhaps she's about to-“

BAEKKI“, a sudden shriek startles them both and a small figure with honey-blonde hair crashes into Baekhyuns arms.

 

The smell of a pleasant perfume tickles Jongins nose as Taeyeon hugs both tightly, a wide, happy smile on her lips.

Oh sweet Lord you guys were amazing as always. How could I expect anything different? You see all these people? They came here just to watch you play, can you believe that??“

 

The excitement evident in her high pitched voice seems to radiate around like a little ball of light, eventually infecting Baekhyun along with her.

 

Even Jongin had to admit he's far beyond happy that every ounce of their organisation had worked out so well, displaying exactly the picture he knows Baekhyun had wished for.

 

When time's right, he definetly has to thank everyone that had helped mounting this event together with him and Sehun.

 

Wanna get a drink Baekki?“, Taeyeons sugary voice manages to yank him back to reality and deep down, he already has a faint notion how this one might end. Nevertheless he motions a slight thumbs up into Baekhyuns direction, earning a sheepish smile in return.

 

See ya later“, Jongin waves his goodbyes before heading somewhere else. Where, he doesn't quite know until he bumps into a large figure.

 

Oh sorry I wasn't looking ahead.“ Then he did.

His mouth in the air sharply as he recognizes the face infront of him.

You filthy-“ He couldn't speak on as the rage from before starts to boil his blood again.

 

Chanyeol meanwhile eyes the smaller guy infront of him quizically, cocking a questioning eyebrow at him.

Filthy what? Somethin' up I don't know about?“

 

Jongin would've loved to smack him right then and there but he remains quiet for the sake of the event.

Don't play stupid er. You know exactly what this is all about“, Jongin hisses with a low, dangerous voice, clenching his fists hard.

 

Chanyeols face changes from questioning to slightly amused, his lips faintly curling upwards.

Ouhhhh lemme guess, this is about your lil Exo friend, what was his name again …“ With fake thoughtfulness, Chanyeol his chin, tapping it slightly as if to figure out Baekhyuns name.

 

Baekhyun“, Jongin manages to growl between gritted teeth, his nails digging hard into the flesh of his hands as he tries to keep cool facing Chanyeols arrogant manner.

You should know as you pushed him aside so easily.“

 

Chanyeols grin widens and he leans in closer to Jongin, speaking in a low, sultry voice: „You know kid, I've broken so many precious hearts that I stopped counting years ago. Your little singer is no difference to them. Just a little, immature teeny-weeny that thought I'd be down for him.“

 

He pulls back, looking down at Jongin challenging. „Wrong. I'll never be down for something pathetic like a relationship. Mark my words kid.“

 

Just when Jongin feels about exploding, another thought strikes his head.

He shoots Chanyeol a menacing glare before hissing out: „Better off this way. Baekhyun's already heading off with Taeyeon anyway. You'll be a fly on his windscreen soon enough.“

 

With that said, Jongin turns heel and storms off before the urge to punch the life outta that motherer could take over his senses.

 

How could a person be so in' arrogant?! So careless with others feelings?

 

Ok, Jongin knew pretty well he's no different at times but this is not about him but his best friend. The one he cares about the most in his entire life.

 

And the thought of him crying for a stupid er like Chanyeol just makes him feel incredibly sick. He didn't really like Taeyeon to be honest but if she's the distraction Baekhyun needs right now, he'd be more than willing to support this little fling.


Wassup lil sunshines? ^__^

Hope you're doing well and had a great weekend ;) I think I had mine well spent with lots of friends time and music :D So, for not feeling guilty, here's another chappie for all ya sweethearts ;) 

I'd really appreciate some comments as I'm feeling as if no one's really reading the stuff my brain produces and that's really demotivating as a writer :P

Nonetheless I wish you all a great start into the week (I know monday .__. but stay strong :D )and a beautiful rest of the day ;)

Love you all <3