C. 23

Poison bites

The next few weeks go by quite eventlessly with Jongin cramming for the upcoming exams and Baekhyun gracefully ignoring Taeyeon who tries to get Baekhyun to talk things out more than once.

 

But feeling nauseated even thinking about what happened, Baekhyun proceeds ignoring her presence with all he has, immersing himself in biology books everytime she tries to talk to him.

 

Funny enough, the little bacteria strains depicted on the different pages remind him of Taeyeon more and more now he gives the thought some momentum.

He quitely chuckles to himself, flipping through the pages aimlessly until he feels his phone vibraing inside his pocket.

 

A short message pops up on his screen. His heart nearly stops reading the senders name: Chanyeol.

The two haven't had contact since that dubious night on the graveyard and the shot-destroying afterwards.

 

To be honest, Baekhyun couldn't quite remember what exactly he said or did at some point of the night and he dearly hopes his drunk mouth hadn't said anything embarassing or the likes that would've doomed him into the depths of overthinking for weeks.

 

So, after all this, what could someone like Chanyeol possibly want from Baekhyun now?

He dares to take a look at the message.

 

Hey Baekki, wondered if you wanna hang out later?“

 

Baekki? Oh what the hell went down that mysterious night? Did he really do something dumb without remebering?

Last time he had checked, they were still on terms of calling one another by full names, not nicknames usually just Jongin uses and only because he is his best friend.

 

Hesistant to text back, Baekhyuns fingers hover over the flashy screen of his smartphone.

Should he agree on hanging out and perhaps try and find out more about what had happened? Or is this all just a shot into emptieness once again?

 

Deep down Baekhyun knows he is deadly afraid of giving Chanyeol another chance as much as he wishes for them to be back on old terms, being good friends and goofing around thoughtlessly.

But going deeper, Baekhyun knows clear as day that after Chanyeols confession nothing would be anything near normal ever again and that thought alone left a weird, awkward taste on Baekhyuns tounge.

 

What would a meeting with Chanyeol look like after all anyway?

He imagines both to linger in awkward silence, not knowing what to say or do.

That thought already freaks him out and Baekhyun's close to refuse when another message pops up on his screen.

 

Thought about hanging out with Luhan and some other folks, thought you might tag along or bring some friends as well?“

 

Reading the message a slight wave of relief rolls all throughout Baekhyun. The horrific scenario he had imagined would surely not play out as thought with a bunch of other people hanging around.

He's just about to agree upon Chanyeols suggestion when he feels another presence flopping down on the chair besides him.

 

Oh you won't believe what that bastard wants me to do next with that ing club“, Jongin starts groaning, ruffling his hair in a stressed out manner.

Baekkiiiii“, he whines, letting his head slump down on Baekhyuns shoulder.

 

The latter just stares at his best friend in confusion, putting his answer to Chanyeol on delay.

W-What the hell has happened? You look like the devil himself is after your pathetic lil .“

 

Ignoring the deathly glare Jongin shoots him, Baekhyun continues to raise a curious eyebrow at him.

Finally, Jongin gives in, sighing exhaustedly.

Aish, Sehun wants me to organize another event. I don't know which requested this but there seemed to be quite a bunch of people who had the stupid idea of doing a cosplay con inside our club. You know how much I hate that stuff. I'd love nothing better than to tell those idiots this is a youth club not some random place to rent for such stupid events.“

 

Ignoring the last part of Jongins tirade, Baekhyuns eyes grow big with sheer excitement.

A cosplay con?! You serious?!“

 

Jongin throws the latter an irritated look. „Yeah that's exactly what I told Sehun when he asked me for help. They can't be serious bout that!“

 

But Baekhyun continues to ignore Jongins blabbering. Instead he squeezes his best friend a bit too tight.

Omg, Baek what ARE you doing?!“

Jongii this is awesome!! A cosplay con! This'll be THE most awesome event ever!!“

 

Completely thrown off track, Jongin pushes his best friend away, throwing him an irritated look.

Oh sweet Lord, don't tell me you're down for that as well? Gosh this can't be.“

 

While whining in agony, Jongin grabs his messy hair, pulling as if trying to remove the thoughts of him amongst hundrets of people made up as game or anime characters off his mind.

 

C'mon, this'll be so much fun, trust me. Don't tell me you never wanted to be you're favorite game character only once.“ He shoots Jongin a sarcastic eyebrow and the latter sighs in defeat.

Plus you'll get to see tons of girls in VERY short outfits. Don't tell me you're not down for that Jongi.“

 

Alright alright, stop convincing me already will ya? I got it, it'll be sooo much fun.“

Baekhyun frowns. „You make it sound like grabbing into a cows . Now come on, cheer up. I'll help you.“

 

Letting out another agonized sigh, Jongin drops his head on Baekhyuns shoulder again. „I'll go ask Sehun to pass the task on to you then as you seem to be down for this pathetic more than being healthy.“

 

Oh Jongi, please. Just stop nagging already. You're not gonna get out of this anytime soon, so might as well make the best of it, hm?“

 

Now you really do sound like my mum. I don't like where this is going.“

Baekhyun chuckles softly.

C'mon, call up Lay and the others and we'll make a party of it as always.“

 

Being honest, Jongin finds the thought of his squad preparing the convention with some shots in his blood quite appealing. Damn, Baekhyun really has a strange way of talking people into something. Jongin should really be keeping his guard up more carefully around him.

 

Alright, convinced. But I won't be squeezing myself into some awkward clothes afterwards ok?“

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Now let's focus on the lesson, I think Mrs. Park is glaring daggers at us for the last ten minutes straight.“

 

Holding back an amused laugh, Jongin turns his face back to the board where Mrs. Park continues to explain something Jongin really wishes he wouldn't care about. But exams are coming up, so he mentally slaps himself to focus on the lesson.

 

After the last lesson had ended, Baekhyun and Jongin casually shuffle out the school's building across the campus, where Lay is already waiting for them with a huge smile on his face.

Took your time, didn't you?“, he greets the two, handing each a cup of steaming hot coffee which

both thankfully accepted after the tiring day.

 

How about we grab some food and head over to the club?“, Baekhyun suggests as they start trotting along the street leading to the club.

 

Great idea, I'm starving“, Lay moans, snatching some sweets Jongin is munching on out of his hands.

Hey get your own “, the latter snaps playfully, putting his sweets out of reach, earning a cute pout of the younger.

C'mon don't try that on me. You know that won't work.“ While talking to Lay, he pointedly throws another piece of candy into his mouth.

Jongiii, pleaaase, I'm so hungry“, Lay whines innocently, begging Jongin over and over to feed him some candy until the elder finally gives in, putting a piece of chocolate into the youngers mouth.

 

The flashing smile he earns in response almost melts him into a puddle as it just drips with the innocent cuteness Lay naturally oozes.

Seeing him like that always makes Jongin want to cuddle the out of Lay. That boy is just too cute for heavens sake.

Locking him in a one-armed hug, both walk down the street behind a slightly annoyed Baekhyun, heading towards their favorite chinese take-away.

 

Few minutes later, the three of them enjoy their food on the lawn infront of the club, letting the sun shine pleasantly warm onto their already tanned skin.

 

Not much time to go and autumn would be kicking in with full force, covering the whole city in an uncomfortable mix of grey clouds and depressed people walking around town with blank expressions and bent down heads.

 

As this time'd be coming soon enough, Jongin and his friends try to make the best out of the last months of summer, catching as many sunrays as possible to get them through the cold later on.

 

While eating, they already make out plans for the convention ahead, discussing several ideas of different boothes and activities with the papers showing the request spread out infront of them.

The organisation renting the club for the convention seems to be another youth club which facilities seem to small to host such an event.

 

And hearing about the incredibly good reputation, thanks to EXO's spontaneous concert and the summerfestival, the club had decided to ask for Sehuns help.

All in all this wasn't a huge problem, as most of the youth organizations are already networked amongst themself quite deeply.

 

All they have to do in the end is paying for the time being at the club and working out a detailed plan of how they imagine the convention to be.

However, the plan Jongin had recieved is anything but detailed and so the three are granted more freedom than expected.

 

Gosh they had one task, one ing task“, Jongin groans as the three of them are stuck in planning the outline of he set-up, „Now all the damning work is on us. This'll take ages and we only have a couple of weeks.“

 

Calm down“, Lay intervenes, snatching the plan out of Jongins hands, scanning it with a frown, „it's not as difficult actually, we only need to go over the set-up a bit and make some changes here and there. Look … “

Everyone leans in as Lay explains his plan, one that actually seems to be working out in the end.

 

That's when a deep voice startles them from behind.

Need any help?“

 

Sehun had crouched down behind the small group, listening to them discussing, actually being quite pleased with the outcome. Finally he had some students who actually understand the concept of working independently and efficiently.

With Jongin now working on his side, he had never wasted a bit of time worrying about the outcome of different plannings as he always knew Jongin would find a solution for every single problem.

 

Ah, actually what do you think about shifting the boothes over here to the other side. We don't have as much space for all of them on the northern side.“

 

Sehun takes a brief look at the rough outline of the three before nodding with a satisfied smile. „Great idea, then put the food stands over there“, Sehun explains while pointing out the places he had in mind.

 

Although Jongin knows he needs to focus on the plan, the proximity of Sehun and him manages to fluster him to the bone.

Since having Sehun seen shirtless, everytime he'd spot his teacher, the images of the summerfestival would pop up in his head and a slight blush always tinted his cheeks.

 

What a pathetic lil he is, Jongin thinks to himself but couldn't do anything about the pictures to keep popping up before his inner eyes as much as he tries to.

 

Sehun doesn't seem to care as much, treating Jongin as always, occasionally teasing him with catching a cold after getting soaked from their dance contest.

As long as Sehun didn't mention every other hot detail, Jongin ususally didn't mind, shrugging it off with a grin.

 

What he definetely couldn't shake off right now is Sehun still being way too close, kneeling behind Jongin while pointing out different spaces for different set-ups.

His face is just inches away from Jongins, so close that he could feel Sehuns breath on his neck while the elder is speaking.

 

Without noticing, Jongins breath had become shallow, only coming out in irregular hitches.

Unsuspiciously feeling his cheeks, he must've been gotten hot like a fangirling teenage-girl talking to her crush.

 

Startled by his bodys reaction and disgusted by it at the same time, Jongin struggles to get out of his position, excusing himself to the restrooms.

Dashing through the door, his arms slump down on one of the sinks as he stares at his reddened face in the mirror.

Look at you, idiot. Getting all worked up because of that mothering stuck-up.“

 

He slaps himself a few times.

Now get a grip, dumbhead! You're acting like a thirteen year old .“

Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Jongin exits the bathroom to join Lay and Baekhyun again.

 

Sehun had seemingly already left, much to Jongins delight.

Sighing inwardly in relief, Jongin flops down on the lawn, asking what the three had been discussing while he had been away.

 

The hours pass by with them chilling infront of the club, stupidly joking around while somehow managing to get a decent planning done.

At some point of the early evening, Lay get's up to say his goodbyes but Baekhyun rushes to get a hold of his sleeve. „Hold up, I wanted to ask something.“

 

Lay shoots him a frowning look but settles down again nonetheless.

Well .. uhm.. Chanyeol texted earlier, asking if we could-“

Oh na na na na na, don't say he wants to hang out“, Jongin blurts, his eyes narrow slits.

C'mon Jongin listen. He wants to hang out yeah but a bunch of people you know will tag along as well.“

 

Jongin huffs. „That doesn't mean we've gotta join this phony bunch of crap ok? Kindly leave me out of this.“

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes in annyonance. „Oh jeez, don't tell me you're still not over what happened. C'mon Jongin don't be childish. Luhan's gonna join as well.“

 

Hoping to get his best friend to join by adding Luhan to the cart, Baekhyun smiles encouragingly. „Pretty please?“ When Jongin still doens't react, Baekhyun starts to panic a little. He shoots Lay a begging look in desperation, being met with arched eyebrows and a feisty smirk.

 

He forms a small „Lemme handle this“ with his pouty lips before turning to Jongin with his signature innocent smile.

 

Jongiii“, he pouts, biting his lips in an adorable manner.

 

Oh crap don't tell me you wanna join as well Lay? I thought you were better.“ Jongin rolls his eyes.

 

Come on it'll be so much fun“, with a gentle, innocent movement of his hands he grabs Jongins hands, tracing the fingers ever so playfully.

 

And I .. uhm I mean we don't wanna miss you there. Pretty pretty please?“ Jongins eyes are met with the sparkly, pleading ones of Lay who purres the words out like he's never done anything else in his life.

Sweet Lord, someone damn this cotton candy and his puppy eyes, this is just too hard to bear.

He immediately wants to hug the outta Lay, promising to follow him everywhere with those puppy eyes pleading him silently and oh so innocently.

 

He let's out a deep groan, throwing his hands up in defeat.

Alright, alright I'm coming“, he glares at Baekhyun, „but don't expect me to stay longer than a ing hour.“

 

Perfect“, Baekhyun happily exclaims, jumping up while dragging Jongin up along.
Hugging him tightly he throws a wink at the smirking Lay who returns it with a big thumbs up.

After forming a silent „Thanks“, Baekhyun lets go of the struggling and swearing Jongin who huffily dusts his clothes off, straightening his collar with a grim expression.

Damn you starta look like Sehun.“

 

SAY THAT AGAIN BYUN BAEKHYUN“

 

Baekhyun starts to run across the street.

I said“, he shouts, „you starta look like our precious teacher.“

 

YOU'RE A DEAD MAN BAEKHYUN!! Just lemme get your pathetic lil .“

 

I'm warning you“, Lay joins the heated chase, „he's an extremely bad loser.“

 

LAY!!“

 

The three rush down the street, Jongin mostly trying to catch the much faster Baekhyun while Lay barely catches up laughing his lungs out at the freaky sight infront of him.

 

By the time Jongin almost catches Baekhyun around a corner, he suddenly stops and rings an apartment bell.

Gotcha you filthy lil-“

Baek, hey“ Chanyeol steps up, greeting Baekhyun with a casual fistbum, then loosely scans the other two. His eyes stop at Jongin for a split second, just enough for Jongin to notice and glare daggers at him.

 

Yeah that's right , I'm not done with you, he quietly thinks but keeps his mouth shut for the sake of Baekhyun.

Jongin, hey, nice to see you“, Chanyeol smiles his usually friendly smile before turning to Lay with questionmarks in his eyes, „and you are …?“

 

Lay.“

 

Lay smirks equally friendly, offering his fist into a nonchalant fistbum.

Nice to meet you. Come in, party has already started. You're actually a lil late, here grab some booze, feel free to take what you like.“

 

Pretentious , Jongin gloomily thinks to himself while snatching a bottle of cheap beer of the counter before entering the living room filled with deep laughs and music playing in the background.

 

His eyes light up once he spots Luhan whose eyes are on Jongin immediately the moment he enters the room.

With a suggestive grin he sits down next to him.

 

How long have I not seen this pretty face?“, Luhan greets him, while his huge, dark eyes look deeply into Jongins.

Jongin could feel his southern parts reacting instantly. He smirks.

 

Must've been way too long“, he leans in closer, „some parts of me already wanna be near you.“

Luhan chuckles seductively, handing Jongin a small shot glass.

Just to jog the other part's memory a little if this fabulous body didn't help.“

Both gulp down the liquid in one go.

 

Aren't you supposed to down this with salt and lemon?“, Jongin teasingly asks.

Luhan chuckles deeply. „As if you cared back then, downing almost a quarter of it completely lemon and salt-free. Come, have another one.“

 

Both down another drink before facing the crowd. Jongin takes a glance around.

There is Chanyeol, seated close to Baekhyun, Luhan besides Jongin and a bunch of people Jongin doesn't know, but Lay seemingly does.

 

Jongin expected Chanyeols friends to be the shady kind of thugs Jongin always keeps around but to his surprise his eyes are met with admittedly handsome but overly nice folks.

As they spot Jongin silenty gaping, one of them casually raises his hand to greet the younger with a welcoming smile.

Jongin hastily looks away, blushing. He feels caught.

And deep down a little guilty as well.

 

He'd always expected everyone around Chanyeol to be the exact same kind of mendacious as he is but now he'd met everyone it slowly dawns on him that he might have had projected his own anger and disappointment onto random people.

 

He doesn't feel sorry for Chanyeol in the first place but overall for Baekhyun.

For not respecting his descisions, again. For trying to meddle with his life again all in the name of his own good. For not trusting Baekhyuns judgement, again.

 

He realizes he must've been worse than his mom to say the least and still Baekhyun accepted everything as if it had been nothing.

Jongin takes the next shot with huge appreciation as the feeling of guilt slowly spreading in his insides makes him nauseous.

 

Perhaps he'd have to talk with Baekhyun later on and apologize for acting like a complete dickhead, again.

 

What's wrong?“, Luhan mumbles into Jongins ear, „You look like you've seen a ghost. Or perhaps an old puppy love at least.“

 

Chuckling at Luhans comment, Jongin shakes his head. „No it's nothing, just had an exhausting day, that's all.“

 

A knowing grin stretches across Luhans lips and he places himself behind Jongin. „Oh if you don't mind I might know how to produce relief.“

 

He slowly places his hands upon Jongin neck, tracing the soft skin with a greedy smirk.

I don't mind at all“, Jongin smirks as he feels his hairs slowly standing at the gentle touch of Luhans slender fingers.

He starts to softly massage the tense areas of Jongins upper body, earning a satified groan in response.

 

Well, if you're busy I can organize a room for you two lil lovebirds“, Chanyeol interferes with a grin, „but if you're in the mood, I'd suggest a drinking game.“

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, not quite sure if it's because of Chanyeols childish remark or the fact that Luhans hands do literal wonders to Jongins neck.

 

As long as I don't have to booty-call some teacher again, let's roll.“

 

As much as Chanyeol tries to supress the hysterical chuckle, Jongin could still sense the wide grin on that bastards face and seriously contemplates about neutering for a while.

 

Ok promised, no booty-calls involved. Let's go.“

 

Apparently chosen by Chanyeol, the group gathers into a circle on the ground.

Alright, we're gonna play truth or dare. I expect to hear the dirtiest laundry you've got and the funniest, most humiliating dares you can think of.“ Jongin shoots him a warning look.

Alright, except booty-calling your teacher. Imma start.“

 

He shortly glances around, making out his first victim.

Then he points at a guy Jongin doesn't know. „Jimin, truth or dare?“

The pretty boy smirks a seductive smile, looking to the ground. „Truth of course, I've got a lot to tell.“

 

Alright, truth it is.“ For a moment, Chanyeol contemplates on a good question to ask, before his eyes light up and he grins at Jimin slyly. „Alright pretty . Tell me something that'll shock me for the next half an hour. If not you're gonna down that beer in one go. And don't you dare to puke onto my precious carpet.“

Jimin frowns. „Since when are wen gonna play with strings?“

Since I told you so. Now better think of something real good.“

 

It doesn't take long and an evil smirk appears on the elders handsome face.

Alright. Brace yourself Chanyeol.“

Bring it on.“

Ever so confident. Alright, I once had a with your ex-girlfriend.“

Chanyeol a brow. „Not shocked at all, now dri-“

In your bed.“

Oh come on that's old, what-“

With you technically being the third one but you passed out in the sheets.“

 

Now Chanyeols eyes widen in surprise. „The hell?? When was that?“

Jimin grins feistily. „Last year in summer.“

 

Chanyeols mouth runs dry. „You do know we were still together back then?“

Jimin nods. „Yep, and you agreed one hundret percent but then you passed out because you were trashed as hell. But we were still in the mood soooo … why miss all the fun?“

 

Chanyeol goes pale as the wall behind him. „That dirty lil .“

Yeah, that's what I told her as well.“

Naaah, dude what the hell?!“ Chanyeol grabs his hair, shaking his head vigorously.

 

Jongin, who watches the scene quietly, supresses a mischievous grin. That pretty boy becomes more and more likable with every ing detail he reveales to Chnyeol who goes paler and paler by the second.

To see him crumble down infront of Jongins eyes is more than a glorious payback for everything he did to Baekhyun in the past.

As their eyes meet, Jongin shoots Jimin a grinning thumbs up, earning a knowing wink in return.

 

Perhaps care to explain why I had a mothering huge bump on my head next morning?“

 

Perhaps you had it at the wrong place“, Jimin laughs and everyone joins in immediately.

 

I'm serious !“

 

Alright alright“, Jimin pants, wiping some tears outta the corner of his eyes, „we went a lil wild and your lifeless body fell off the bed, hitting the rim of your nightstand quite hard.“

 

Oh my God I think Imma puke right away“, Chayeol mumbles while everyone breaks out into deafening laughter again.

 

When talking about humiliation, Chanyeol perhaps definetely not expected things to turn against him so fast.

 

Jongin indulges in the sweet feeling of laughing at Jimins story. He starts to really like this boy.

 

Ok I guess I won this one. That means I'm the next?“

 

Chanyeol nods wordlessly, grabbing the beer, originally saved for Jimin volunteerily, taking a huge gulp.

 

Ok I choose …“, he glances around, eyes briefly sticking to Jongin, „I choose Namjoon. Truth or dare?“

 

Jongins eyes follow Jimins to a huge, quite intimidating figure besides Chanyeol. The elder smiles unexpectedly goofy, speaking with a deep, baritone voice: „Dare of course. Bring it on .“

 

As always. Ok, I dare you to show off your twerk-abilities infront of everyone. And kindly allow me to film it for the upcoming rapmon-generation, alright?“

 

Namjoon rolls his eyes, nevertheless getting up. „Alright folks, get your fair share of this fabulous rack“, he shouts out, standing in the middle of the circle while Jimin plays a rhythmic hip hop track to which the elder confidently starts to shake his rear until Jongin feels dizzy.

 

Everyone shouts and whistles while Namjoom continues to show off confidently, not bothering a single bit about the hilariousness he's gotten himself into.

 

Damn that guy is gold“, Jimin pants with laughter as the latter sits down again, the same goofy smile still on his lips.

 

Jongin slowly starts to take a liking on all the weird but hilariously funny friends Chanyeol has, eagerly curious about the next revelation or funny dare ahead.

 

Ok it's my turn then“, Namjoon exclaims calmly, with his head supported by his crossed fingers.

Alright, I choose …“, his eyes wander around curiously until he faces Lay with a cocked eyebrow. „Alright lil puppy, I choose you, truth or dare?“

 

Lay sticks his tounge out in a petulant manner before choosing truth.

Namjoon grins, asking with his deep voice: „Alright little, innocent puppy, is there someone in this room you'd like to make out with? Or are you still sticking to lollipops?“

 

Shut your face“, Lay snapps playfully, looking around with a knowing grin.

There might be someone yeah.“

 

The whole room starts whistling suggestively, Lay slightly blushing.

 

Who's the lucky one?“, Namjoon asks, wiggling his eyebrows curiously.

You didn't ask for the name and I won't tell“, Lay calmly but evily answers, throwing Namjoon an apologetic wink.

Right you are. Pity nonetheless.“

Lay shrugs innocently. „It's my turn then“, he exclaims.

 

Too bad that little innocent puppy hadn't let anything slipped, Jongin is equally curious, who might be chosen to his lollipop.

 

But Lay is determined not to tell anything, instead he chooses the next victim.

Luhan.“

 

The blonde one startles a bit behind Jongin.

Truth or dare?“

 

Luhan shrugs indifferently. „Well, I'll take dare to keep the variety up.“

Excellent choice“, Lay smirks, that evil glint still evident in his eyes, „I dare you to make out with Jin.“

 

Just waited for someone to dare making out“, Luhan smirks, crawling closer to the tall, handsome figure besides Jimin.

 

Damn, Chanyeols friends sure were a bunch of handsomeness, it's almost unreal.

 

Nonetheless, Luhan stops infront of the said one, cocking his head slightly with his eyebrow arched. „You gonna do this?“, he asks Jin, only earning an amused grin by the elder.

 

There'd be worse guys than you“, he mumbles with a deep, raspy voice, pulling the blonde one closer into a sensual kiss.

 

To say the view is more than pleasant is a huge understatement.

Jongin bites his lower lip in restrain, feeling his whole body getting hot seeing those two beauties making out passionately.

 

Perhaps he would try convincing the elder to join Luhan and him later on.

Goddamn, that was hot“, Lay grins widely, after the two part with a satisfied grin.

 

To be continued“, Luhan whispers into Jins ear before shuffling back to Jongin.

You're thinking the same?“, he asks Jongin in a low voice.

You bet I do“, Jongin mumbles huskily, earning a suggestive grin from the blonde one.

Jin slyly smirks at Lay. „Hope I wasn't the one you'd wanna make out with lil puppy.“

 

But Lay only grins back, shaking his head casually. „Not at all, you're the last person I thought of.“

 

Oh come on that hurts even my man pride, how can you resist that?“ He emphazisingly shows off his tall, lean body to the younger.

 

Just like that“, Lay answers feistily sticking his tounge out.

Alright, now I gotta take my frustration out on someone“, Jin exclaims fake dramatically, pointing to Jongin.

 

You're the victim of my choice. Truth or dare?“

 

Jongin rolls his eyes. „Gimme a good dare so you're humiliated is satisfied.“

Got a sassy one here Yeol, I like that.“

 

Chanyeol grins, his eyes glued to the ground. Jongin knows he's still slightly nervous because of Jongins dislike for him but he remains quiet.

 

Ok now that this lil puppy dared to insult me, you'll spank his little for at least a minute straight.“

 

Jongin almost spits his drink. „Do WHAT?!“

 

Spank him, as I said.“, Jin answers calmly, but Jongin could sense the malicious glimmer in his eyes.

, he couldn't do something like that to a boy so innocent and sweet. It's something he could do nothing but jib at.

 

His precious, sweet puppy, being spanked by him?

Hell no!

 

Oh c'mon Jin I don't wanna do that, really“, Jongin moans, begging Jin to think of another dare immediately.

Nope, irrevocable. Do as I said.“

Gosh you're such a princess. Alright, let's get it over with Lay.“

 

Unlike Jongin, Lay just continues chuckling, seemingly careless about this whole situation.

He crawls across the circle, straddling his knees infront of Jongin.

C'mon it's just a minute.“

 

My God Lay I can't do this“, he takes Lays pretty face into his hands, „you're my precious little puppy. I won't spank a puppy.“

 

Lay merely rolls his eyes. „Then imagine I pooped on your precious leather couch, alright? Just do it.“

 

With a defeated sigh, Jongin leans in on Lay bending over and hesitantly raises his hand. His face already flushes bright read at the thought of hitting that, admittedly nice rear. Everything in his gut screams at him not to do it but Jin already announces the start after setting the alarm.

 

So Jongins hand swings down to hit Lays backside once, twice, getting more and more comfortable with every slap.

This really shouldn't be, hitting his precious puppy shouldn't feel so good.

Earning acknowledging whistles, shouts and definetely inappropriate comments and proposals doesn't make the situation any less embarassing.

 

Torn between the weird excitement and the obvious embarassement, Jongin inwardly prays for the minute to be over soon.

 

He almost jumps in pure joy as Jin announces the end of the dare.

 

As quick as he could, Jongin scrambles back to his seat besides Luhan, his face deep, crimson red and eyes severely glued to the ground.

 

Don't make me do that.ever.again!“, he hisses out in disgust but still avoiding eyecontact.

Oh why? I thought this was quite hot actually“, Jin grins satisfiedly but still dropping the topic nevertheless.

 

Alright, it's your turn to take revenge Jongin.“

 

Jongin groans in annoyance. „I'm not as much of a dramaqueen as you are, although I really wanna dare you to shove your filthy outside the window right now.“

 

Dang you pretty little thing I really start to like you.“ Jins lips curl up into a wide grin.

Goddamn why on earth has this guy out of all people be so freakin' handsome?

 

This should be forbidden in every way.

Ok to be honest I just wanna down half a bottle of Tequila after this humiliation.“

 

Namjoon's deep laugh rumbles through the room. „Do as you please Jongiboy but leave a little for Luhan. He was very keen on having Tequila for the night.“

Uhu?“, Jongin mumbles into Luhans direction, being met with a knowing smirk, „you really planned out everything did ya?“

 

While the others scatter into cheerful chattering, Luhan grabs the soft hair of the latter gently, playing with the shiny locks for a while. „How about telling you I'm staying in a hotel nearby tonight?“

 

Well how about asking you to follow once we're leaving this needy bunch for tonight?“

Luhan inches closer, their faces only a breath apart. „I'd love nothing more. Mind if we let someone tag along?“

 

Jongin chuckles. „I'm not greedy. I don't mind at all. Who do you have in mind?“

Now it's Luhans time to chuckle. „You'll find out soon enough, trust me.“

 

Later that night the group slightly seperates into smaller ones, being deep in conversation.

Chanyeol had asked Baekhyun to join him on the balcony, so both now comfortably lounge on a huge armchair, sharing a cigarette.

 

Glad you came along“ Chanyeol starts after a good amount of comfortable silence, offering the cigarette to Baekhyun again.

Glad I could convince the rest of the pack. Wouldn't have come here all alone.“

 

Chanyeol a surprised eyebrow at the younger.

Why not?“

Uhm … well, I'm still not quite used to being … alone with you.“

 

The elder frowns. „But we're alone right now?“

Baekhyun chuckles. „I know. I know this sounds stupid.“ He takes a deep drag, handing the cigarette back to Chanyeol. „There's still this awkward feeling whenever I get close to you.“

 

Now Chanyeol looks like a beaten puppy and Baekhyun couldn't hold back a guilty laugh.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to-“

No it's ok, I understand. I wasn't the best person to be around after all.“

 

He notices Baekhyuns goosebumps and frowns immediately in sorrow. „You're cold? Shall I get you a jacket or something?“

The younger merely shakes his head, waving Chanyeols concern of casually. „No it's ok. I actually enjoy the chilly night air. No need to worry.“

 

But Chanyeol insists on Baekhyuns wellbeing and strips off his jacket, gently placing it around Baekhyuns shoulders.

The latter startles a little at the sweet action but accepts the jacket anyway without saying a word.

 

Slightly blushing, he pulls the jacket tighter around his body, almost unnoticably inhaling the sweet scent of Chanyeol.

It causes his heart to unwantedly flutter although he'd sworn to himself Chanyeol would be a taboo from now on.

 

Feel better now?“, Chanyeol asks with genuine concern.

I never felt bad any second“, Baekyun answers a little colder than expected, causing Chanyeol to slightly pout in disappointment.

 

It immediately makes Baekhyun feel guilty, as Chanyeol had really cared about him all night long until now, filling his cup once it was empty, serving small snacks, saving a small portion just for him, or adjusting the pillows they were sitting on. He knew that Baekhyun didn't really know anyone excpet for him and Luhan so he always made sure to stick with the younger to make him feel included.

 

I'm sorry“, he blurts out suddenly, causing Chanyeol to look up in surprise, „I appreciate you care about me, thank you.“

 

A small, relieved smile paints Chanyeols lips and he turns back to face the city lights.

You know …“, he starts again after a short while, „I still feel bad for everything I said and did.“

 

Actually Baekhyun had enjoyed himself until now, but Chanyeol bringing up that old topic again somehow makes him feel uneasy.

It's ok, we've talked things out didn't we?“ Baekhyun smiles warmly at the elder to assure him everything is ok.

 

Yeah I know but still …“ His huge eyes look up innocently, „Don't you still think about it sometimes?“

Baekhyun sighs in defeat, knowing Chanyeol wouldn't drop the topic anytime soon.

 

Sure I do but I try to not let that get to me as much. You've apologized and explained everything to me and that meant a lot to me. So I try to leave in the past what's in the past. What's the point in dwelling on about it?“

 

Chanyeol avoids his gaze, fixing the ground in concentration.

Perhaps you're right but I just feel like I need to apologize a thousand times at least to make up for the I was.“

Feel free, I've got plenty of time.“

Baekhyuns feisty smirk is met with slightly confused doe-eyes and a huffy pout.

 

Being showered with that huge amount of cuteness, the younger couldn't help but giggle into his fist.

You're an idiot Park Chanyeol.“

Blank staring, Baekhyun eventually averting his gaze.

„ … But I like you.“

 

Both look at each other for a moment before simultaniously breaking out into laughter.

I'm glad you came“, Chanyeol mumbles again after the laughter had died down.

 

He doesn't look at Baekhyun and even through the dim light of the streets the younger could see him blushing slightly. He couldn't help the small grin tugging on the corners of his lips as he watches the shy, overly caring Chanyeol letting his guard down eventually.

 

Despite anything that had happened, the newly discovered truth and Chanyeol putting every effort into making Baekhyun feel comfortable around him slightly give him a feeling of being safe.

 

He clearly remembers the feeling of anxiousness and insecurity whenever they accidently met.

That evening Jongin and him had the coincidental encounter with Chanyeol and Luhan, Baekhyun felt like dying, sitting so close besides his longtime crush. He felt so tense, immensely afraid of embarassing himself infront of the unapproachable, stunning college student.

 

Back then, he felt so small, so stupid even sitting next to him.

 

But now, things had changed.

He feels Chanyeol truly caring, or at least putting in attempt in making him feel this way.

Baekhyun is still concious of what the elder truly intends but he couldn't deny that something about them had definetly changed.

 

He pulls his knees closer to his chest, snuggling into the huge jacket the elder had given him.

With his eyes closed, Baekhyun gently inhales the sweet scent emitting from the garment, feeling his heart softly fluttering.

It just smells so much like Chanyeol, sweet, yet masculine and slightly musky at the same time.

 

As the sweet scent wafts around Baekhyun, he remembers the massive heart throb whenever he happened to be around the elder. The shocking, rapid heartbeat kicking in when he accidently spotted him, although knowing he'd never notice someone as plain and invisible as Baekhyun. Still something inside his young, naive heart always hoped for the sophomore to look at him by chance, hoped for the gaze to last a little longer so he'd take note of the brunette.

 

Baekhyun was never fully sure if Chanyeol ever recognized him for the time being at highschool, still he kept on hoping for the impossible to happen one day.

 

And now he's barely sitting a few inches away from his longterm crush, suddenly very anxious about allowing closeness although his heart almost seems to stop from fluttering so rapidly.

Does Chanyeol feel the same way right now by any tiny chance? Baekhyun silently wonders if his heart is beating as fast as his' right now.

 

Where's his mind right now? Inside, with all the others and the party still going on? Outside this huge, glistening city?

 

Or maybe, just maybe, with Baekhyun after all?

 

It'd be so easy to just ask him and still Baekhyun couldn't get himself to open his lips, cheeks burning hot with unanswered questions and fear.

 

The creeping sensation of panic suddenly spreads in his guts like acid.

What if all this is just a sick joke after all, a dream of which Baekhyun would awake any minute? What if Chanyeol just cares about Baekhyun so much because he hasn't come to terms with the death of his brother yet?

 

He had said himself that Baekhyun reminded the latter so much of him.

What if Baekhyun is just a substitude little brother to him?

 

The thought of him playing the side role for the rest of time stings his heart more than he's able to bear right now.

 

A single tear breaks loose, quietly streaming down his face as he stares at the flashing image of the city, refusing to look at Chanyeol at any cost.

Everything inside him wants answers, clarity.

Still the immense fear still burning in his gut keeps his lips tightly shut.

 

Oh crap it started raining“, Chanyeols deep, baritone voice suddenly throws him back into reality and Baekhyun notices the soft driplets wetting the handrail, crushing down on the buildings below.

 

The thought of walking home later on suddenly becomes a little terrifying as the rain increases minute by minute until the roaring splattering almost outdrowns a simple conversation.

 

Instictively, Baekhyun snuggles in closer into the jacket, pulling his knees even closer to his chest while pressing his back further into the armchair to get away from the rain as far as possible.

The temperature drops significantly with the increasing amount of rain crashing down on the streets.

 

Chanyeol notices the slight trembling of the younger, frowning with genuine concern.

Shall we go back inside? You look like you're freezing.“

 

But Baekhyun just shakes his head wordlessly.

 

You sure? I don't want you to catch a cold. Let me at least get you another jacket.“

Baekhyun agrees with a small smile, patiently waiting while Chanyeol trots inside, greeted by deafening roars and whistles.

 

Minutes pass by and Baekhyun visibly grows impatient, not to mention real cold as the rain just wouldn't stop.

 

Perhaps he'd gotten lost in the drunk crowd, forgetting about Baekhyun freezing outside. At least he has a good excuse to leave if this is the case.

 

Still something inside deeply wishes for this not to be true and Chanyeol returning any minute.

Wiggling on his seat impatiently, Baekhyun almost doesn't notice the bacony door opening again and Chanyeol stepping outside with a cozy jacket wrapped around his arm, two huge steaming mugs inside both hands.

 

He carefully steps towards the armchair, putting one mug into Baekhyuns hands, who looks at him completely surprsised.

 

Chanyeol smiles sheepishly, making him look like a little puppy.

I thought some tea would warm you up. My mother used to make this whenever we came home from playing outside in the cold.“

 

Baekhyun smiles warmly and takes a sip.

Mmmh, delicious.“

 

R-really? You like it?“ Chanyeol nervously scratches the back of his head.

Yeah, I love the taste of ginger. Sprinkled some cinnamon on top?“

Baekhyun curiously swirled around his spoon taking another sip of the hot, steamy liquid.

 

That's how I used to drink this tea back then. I didn't like the taste of plain ginger, so my mother always sprinkled some cinnamon powder and honey into it to make it a little sweeter.“

 

Baekhyun chuckles. „Tastes like christmas in the middle of summer.“

Thought this might compliment the weather quite well“, Chanyeol grins, taking a sip himself.

Both quietly nip on their steaming mugs for a while, listening to the rain dripping down a little softer by now.

 

You know …“, Chanyeol starts again after a while. Baekhyun looks up from his tea.

If you like … you can stay here overnight. I-I-mean only if you want, you know the rain and it's late and-“ He exhales sharply, scratching his neck. „I'm sounding like a complete dork, don't I?“

 

Baekhyun a sarcastic eyebrow at him. „Yep, you pretty much do. More like a needy college student.“

 

Chanyeols eyes widen with shock. „I-I-I'd never-You know I wouldn't-“

 

The elders stuttering is soon interrupted by Baekhyuns loud laughter, causing the younger to almost spill the content of his mug.

Sais the student with the longest list of heartbreaks I know. It's ok I'll just walk home and get a hot shower.“ Still giggling, he wipes the corners of his eyes. „No need to worry about me.“

 

Chanyeol lowers his head, nipping on his tea. „But I do“ he mumbles, only loud enough for Baekhyun to hear it.

His heart immediately begins to beat against his chest so hard that he feels like his torso is about to explode.

 

He repeatedly tries telling himself that it's just an empty phrase to make Baekhyun feel better but he couldn't ignore the jiggling joy slowly peaking through.

 

He slightly startles as a muscular arm slowly wraps around his shoulders, pulling him in for a gentle hug.

Baekhyun could feel the warmth emitting from the elder as he hesitantly leans against him with his heart pounding so hard that he fears Chanyeol might notice.

 

His whole body tenses up feeling Chanyeol leaning his head against Baekhyuns softly.

What the hell is this all about?

 

With every minute passing by, the situation had become more and more confusing.

What is Chanyeols true intention behind all this caring behaviour?

Does he really like Baekhyun?

Has he for real fallen for him, just like he said that mysterious night?

 

All those questions spin around Baekhyuns head unanswered, making him even stiffer and visibly uneasy.

 

Is everything ok?“, Chanyeol asks, obviously aware of Baekhyuns tension. He pulls back from the loose hug, facing Baekhyun.

The younger avoids his gaze, fixing his knees instead.

 

You still don't trust me do you?“

Baekhyun shakes his head.

A sigh slips past Chanyeols lips. „How could you not? I'm so sorry I didn't want to pressure you.“

With a bitter smile, Chanyeol inches away enough for them to not touch.

The sudden loss of contact evokes irritation inside Baekhyun and he is about to inch closer again, when Chanyeol gets up out of the sudden.

 

W-Where are you going?“, the younger asks in confusion, hand almost outstretched to hold him back.

I'm going inside again. I'm not going to do something you don't want. You could come join me and the rest of the group again. I bet they're having all the fun without us.“

 

Despite all the doubts and burning questions before, Baekhyun feels immense disappointment spreading in his stomach like a tiny rope eventually choking him.

Nevertheless he gets up as well, stepping inside behind Chanyeols tall figure.

 

The room had heated up extremely but Baekhyun just assumes his perception had changed due to their long session on the balcony.

He immediately gets rid of the jacket, throwing it on a nearby chair, before he looks around to scan the crowd.

 

Everyone is obviously drunk by now, talking loud and slurring, gesturing wildly regardless of the person sitting next to them.

 

As far as Baekhyun notices they're engaged in some kind of weird drinking game, carelessly throwing cards around and flipping the whole thing over in fury once it was their turn to drink.

He doesn't quite get the rules but it's fun to watch nevertheless.

 

Especially Jongin, who normally handles his alcohol quite well slowly starts slurring, spitting out inappropriate comments on every possible occasion.

An amused chuckle leaves his lips without noticing as he sits down with the rest of the group.

 

Chanyeol hesitates for a short moment before sitting down besides Baekhyun but the younger doesn't seem to care.

In fact, he even throws the elder a quirky smile before snatching namjoons shot, earning serious protest in return.

 

A few shots and a questionable drinking game later Baekhyun feels lightheaded.

The Vodka surely had gotten to his head, slightly clouding his mind in a soft, cotton-candy like feeling.

It somehow makes him feel daring but also definetly to dizzy and sleepy to walk back home.

He turns to Chanyeol, who looks equally lit, snickering about a bad joke Namjoon just told.

 

Hey Chanyeol“

Huh?“ Chanyeol spins around wildly, facing Baekhyun with eyes glazed.

I think Imma stay over tonight.“

Chanyeols eyes grow wide, suddenly looking very sober.

Y-Y-You serious? Like … sleeping here?“

 

Baekhyun chuckles, downing another shot. „It's almost four a.m. I guess I'm not staying over for tea and cookies.“

 

U-Uhm, a-alright. I'll sleep on the couch then, you'll take the bed.“

Ah, it's ok“, Baekhyun waves his hand dismissively, „I'll take the sofa, I'm guest after all.“

Still, Chanyeol insists on Baekhyun sleeping in his bed until Baekhyun is too tired to argue.

 

An hour passes until the last guest finally leaves.

Tired and exhausted, Baekhyun wants nothing more than to take a shower and fall into bed.

The sun is already peaking through the few clouds covering the dawning sky.

 

Ohhh, I'm so tired“, Baekhyun moans, laying flat on the carpet like a starfish.

Chanyeol passes by, a staple of fresh towels on his arm. He almost drops them watching Baekhyun about how tired he is.

As much as he tries, Chanyeol can't supress the laughter bolting out his throat facing the drunk and tired Baekhyun.

 

Brou-Brought you … some fresh towels“, he pants out, still laughing his heart out while Baekhyun glares daggers at him as fierce as possible being drunk and tired.

 

Still he thankfully accepts and rushes into the bathroom without even locking the door.

He quickly strips off his clothes and turns on the shower.

 

The hot water relaxes his tight muscles, soothing his body into a heavy, slumberously state. As the hot water drips off his lean, muscular body, he closes his eyes, breathing in the calmness deeply.

His brain still hasn't fully processed that he's at Chanyeols place, inside his shower and soon to be sleeping in his bed.

 

A couple of days ago, he'd never have thought of the possibility of something like that happening and now, he's enjoying the hot water inside this ertedly huge shower.

Unfortunately alone, he thinks to himself still tipsily, smirking.

 

With lazy movements, he turns off the water, stepping out off the shower dripping wet.

Already half asleep, he grabs a fresh towel, drying his hair and body before wrapping it around his waist and walking towards the living room.

 

Sweet Lord, can't wait to go to bed“, he moans as he steps out of the bathroom, only wearing a towel.

 

Chanyeols eyes fly open in shock as he spots the younger walking around the room half .

Sure, he had seen him like this before, but the chance of the lower piece of clothing breaking loose was way less obvious back then.

Unable to avert his gaze, he stares at Baekhyuns defined upper body in awe, not able to utter out a single word.

 

Baekhyun notices his staring, putting on an evil smirk.

Walking up into my room later on to take advantage of that?“, he gestures down his muscular body, grazing the towel dangerously.

 

W-What the?! Who's the needy college student right now?“, Chanyeol answers in utter irritation, finally able to rip his gaze off of Baekhyun.

 

The younger shrugs indifferently. „Welp, I'm not a college student yet. Thatwise your argument is quite poor actually. But I'm too tired to argue now“, he flops down on the couch, leaning against Chanyeol with an adorable pout.

I just wanna sleep.“

 

Chanyeol, slightly surprised with Baekhyuns sudden proximity, hesitantly puts his hand on Baekhyuns , running it up to his soft, still damp hair to gently play with it while resting his head on top of Baekhyuns.

My room is right next to the bathroom. I've put some fresh sheets on the bed and if you need anything just wake me.“

 

dntwnaslpaone“

Huh? What did you say?“, Chanyeol asks after Baekhyun mumbling something incoherent, already half asleep on Chanyeols shoulder.

But Baekhyun already seems to be slumbering as he doesn't react to Chanyeols question anymore.

A small smile paints Chanyeols lips as he, very very carefully, picks him up to carry his slacking figure into his room.

 

Making sure not to wake the younger, he places Baekhyun onto the sheets gently, covering him with the blankets lightly.

 

As he smoothes out the fabric, his eyes wander up, grazing the perfect, lean torso watching it lifting and lowering with the rhythm of the latters soft breathing.

 

Up. Down. Up. Down.

 

As if nothing had ever happened.

He's just sleeping there, peacefully.

 

A small smile rushes over Chanyeols face.

He's probably dreaming of touring around with his band, EXO, playing on several festival stages with the audience going wild.

 

As if to confirm his thoughts, Baekhyuns lips slightly part, letting out a soft, humming melody.

Chanyeols eyes immediately fall onto the face of the younger.

 

He notices his plump lips, letting his barely audible breathing slip out and in, occasionally humming something incoherent.

 

His gaze wanders over to the softly closed eyes, rimmed with a set of full, dark lashes, that flutter nervously from time to time. A few loose locks cheekily cover some parts of his closed eyes, making them twitch almost unnoticably.

 

With a gentle smile, Chanyeol extends his hand, sweeping the soft, shiny hair out of Baekhyuns eyes with a graceful movement of his long, slender fingers.

 

A warm smile slowly paints his lips, watching the younger sleeping.

He seems so innocent and pure, free of all the problems and heartaches he had to endure in the past few weeks, safe in his dreamland doing what he loved most with the people he loved most.

 

If Chanyeol is one of them?

 

A question he sure would never get an answer to.

Not that the elder minds. As long as Baekhyun feels good, there's nothing to worry about. As long as he feels good, Chanyeol would as well.

With a last, gentle look, Chanyeol gets up, softly pressing his lips to Baekhyuns forehead.

Sleep well little nag.“


Aaaaand there we go, update numero 2 :D 

Literally took me ages to write this not because it's suuuper long (sorry peeps ^^'') but also because I felt like I didn't have time to write at all .__. 

You know there's still friends and family and boyfriends and fun fact a Kpop-party in Berlin :D So much fun but way too short ;__;

I hope you had a great time and loads of fun and sun ^__^ (Not over here it's constantly raining -.-)

As always, I wish you a super fun rest of the weekend imagining Rapmon twerking (I know I did xD)

Please leave a comment, subscribe or just do whatever you like ;P 

Lot's of kisses

Love you all  my lil cuppiecakes <3