C. XI

Poison bites

 

Goddamnit“, Jongin hisses, his face contorted with pain as he sits down, hoping Bakehyun hadn't noticed.

 

Had a long night?“, Baekhyun grins widely as he flops down on the chair beside him.

Aish don't even remind me“, Jongin groans, still in pain.

 

While Baekhyun calmly arranges his stuff on the table, Jongin shifts several times, trying to find a position that was about comfortable. But every effort to relieve some of the pain in his go straight down the drain and so he enjoys the harshness of his wooden chair, silently whimpering to himself.

 

Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind. He continues to arrange his stuff neatly.

 

Oh that means juicy stuff“, he suddenly speaks up, the grin back on his face. He turns to face Jongin, who backs away at the sudden close inspection of him.

 

Who was the lucky one? Tell me, I'm dying to know.“ Baekhyun grips his hair in a dramatic manner which causes Jongin to roll his eyes at him in annoyance.

 

Oh come on Baekki. I'm really not in the mood to spill my life to you. Besides …“, a whimsical smirk suddenly plays around his lips, „when's the last time you met up with Chanyeol? I got the sense you two got along pretty well? Where is he?“

 

The once wide grin on Baekhyuns face immediately vanishes, replaced by a gloomy pout. He looks down.

 

I- I don't know“, Baekhyun mumbles as he helplessly fumbles with his hands, „he … won't text me anymore and you know, we texted quite a lot lately. But ever since he left the practise room all of the sudden there's silence.“

 

He looks up at Jongin with his round puppy eyes and Jongin regrets his words instantly.

 

He just wants to hug the outta him right on the spot. As much as he loves to tease Baekhyun just like he teases him all the time, damn he just can't bear to see his best friend hurt like that.

 

Deep down he knows he just wants to protect Baekhyun with all he has.

 

Oh Baekki … I'm sorry“, Jongin sighs compassionately, pulling Baekhyun in for a hug. Baekhyun hugs back, burying his face deep in Jongins shirt.

 

While Jongin gently his hair he whispers: „You did nothing wrong. You're the smartest, kindest, most amazing pain in the I know.“ Baekhyun weakly protests at the latest statement but nuzzles up to Jongin soon after.

 

And you deserve someone who thinks the same and treats you right. Forget about that stupid jerk.“

 

It's not that easy Jongi“, Baekhyun sighs exhausted, detatching himself from Jongins embrace.

I feel so dumb. I knew right away this was a onesided thing. How would such a perfect guy ever fall for a jerk like me? I mean look at me, I'm not nearly as good looking as him or his friends. They're amazing.“

 

Jongin mind trails off to Luhan for a moment but he quickly catches himself, grabbing Baekhyun by his shoulders.

While looking straight into his eyes Jongin sais: „Baekki do you even hear yourself talking? You don't see how much this dumb changed you in such a short time? You were always the one to be so confident and sure of himself and now you're doubting yourself because of a stupid like him?“ Jongin groans in annoyance. „I knew why I didn't like him right from the start. He's not good for you.“

 

He let's go of Baekhyuns shoulders, looking bothered.

 

Baekhyun lowers his head daunted by his friend's harsh words.

 

I- I …“, Baekhyun starts stuttering and Jongin regrets his harsh tone immediately.

 

His expression softens and he cups Baekhyuns cheeks to get him to look at Jongin.

 

Listen Baekhyun, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I know you're dealing with enough right now yourself. Let me help you get some distraction. Today's band practice right?“

 

Baekhyun nods slowly, a bit flabbegasted by Jongins sudden softness.

Well what about I get us some pizza and we head right into the city for some … well practising you know?“

 

Stunned silence fills the air, accompanied by a gaping Baekhyun.

W-what you mean we're playing infront of … people?“

 

A sarcastic groan reaches Baekhyuns ears. „No dummy, I thought we're playing infront of some stray dogs to keep their tails wiggling. Of COURSE I'd be talking about human beings. Clapping and cheering on my little angel, whattaya think? This'll be amazing!“

 

Baekhyun, still dazzled struggles to find the right words as Jongin just beams at him, completely fond of the idea of Exo playing in the city park.

 

Y-You know we can't, what about-“

 

Shh Shh Shh, But me no buts. We're so gonna do this and if the cops catch us we'll be out in no time.“

 

Jongiii, that doens't really help“, Baekhyun whines even more nervous but Jongin is already immersed in his plan and ignores the whining.

 

Today it'd be all about his precious Baekki.

 

He secretly fumbles out his phone, glancing up every now and then to check on the teacher infront before texting Exo about his plan.

 

Not much persuasion is needed after all, as everyone happily agreed to Jongins idea. They said to meet up after school for some pizza then take Taos car to get to the city park.

 

But what're we gonna do with the drums? You can't get them in a car just like that“, Kyungsoo throws in suddenly but Tao just waves him off. „Got an MPC in my car. That should do it.“

 

Everyone stares at him in disbelief, mouths agape.

 

Y-you know how to handle such a thing?“, Kris utters out first.

Tao just shrugs indifferently. „Didn't I tell you I was a DJ a few years ago?“

 

One could practically see the eyes popping out of their faces as Tao mentiones his former profession as if it's plain vanilla.

 

WHAT?“, everyone shouts in unsion, still gawking at Tao like the row of idiots they were.

At that moment Tao couldn't hold it any longer. He bursts out into laughter, practically rolling himself on the floor beneath.

 

I- I just … c-can't take you guys“, he manages to utter out among his ragged breathing before getting caught by another laughing fit right after.

 

Can you believe this guy?“, Kris exclaims dramatically, after everyone had gathered on the lawn midsts the city park, a huge pizza box in the center.

 

You're still harping on about Tao?“ A wide smirk plasteres Jongins face as he takes out a cheesy slice which is threading in the process.

With a satisfied grin he watches the cheesy strings before taking a huge bite. He closes his eyes, relishing the delicious flavors in his mouth.

 

Of course I am“, Kris interferes, whirling his hands furiously around whilst still holding his piece. Kyungsoo and Tao back away a little to avoid getting splattered with marinara sauce.

 

I mean you're in a band with me for more than almost 2 years now. Don't you think we have the right to get to know you a little better? I didn't even know something as important as that.“

 

Tao waves his hand dismissively, extending the other to his mouth to take a bite.

Nuffin' important anywayfs“, he munches loudly then swallows hard. „You wouldn't be as thrilled if you heard my music. It's not that good.“

 

Oh come on“, Kris nudges him lightly with an encouraging smirk, „how about you show us and we judge ourselfs?“

 

Everyone nods in eager agreement, so Tao sighs defeatedly and arranges his laptop together with his MPC and the speakers.

 

It takes a good 5 minutes before the air is filled with an addictive beat everyone's nodding their heads to.

 

Taos gaze is fixed on the MPC infront of him, his tounge sticking out in concentration as he pushes several buttons that add up soundeffects and melodies to the beat.

Everything merges into an amazing track Kris and Jongin are soon dancing to.

 

After a while of hesitating and glancing around, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun join in, whipping their heads around to the beat with hands cheering up to the sky. The mood is on a high, as Tao begins singing into the mic with a sythetic voice, rocking his arm along to the music while the other still pushes the colorful buttons.

 

He looks like dancing along with the others, as his whole body rocks to the upbeat rhythm, his right hand still tossing and turning small wheels and buttons.

 

A content smile paints his face as he looks up to see his bandmates going all out to the music like it is some sort of festival.

 

The loud, blasting music eventually gatheres more and more attention as people pass by, peeking curiously at the scene that unraveles on the lawn.

 

At first they just stop by, looking at the group from a distance. A couple of them lean in their heads to one another, a quizzical look painted all over their faces while they're wondering who this group might be.

 

Some excited smiles peek out among the growing crowd and some hesitantly nod along to the music that slowly changed into a more raggae feel as the other track faded out.

 

Finally, a bunch of girls usher closer with coy giggles, clinging and pushing another forward with shy looks into Jongin and Kris' direction. They join the dancing hesitantly at first but eventually loosen up as Jongin playfully cheers for them with Kris and Baekhyun whistling gleeful.

 

More and more people flood the lawn, dancing along to Taos tracks until the whole meadow is filled with people whooing and dancing in the summer sun.

 

Tao couldn't supress his joyful grin.

 

It's been years since he lastly laid hand on his equipment but to him it's like riding a bike, something he just couldn't forget. Seeing people dancing playfully in a party this spontaneous sets his spirits even higher.

 

He waves Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Kris over, pointing to the instruments.

This was all about the whole band after all“, he grins, adjusting some stuff before nodding into the bands direction.

 

They return the nod, soon breaking out upbeat riffs and beats with Baekhyun heating up the crowd with his angelic voice.

 

Everyone cheers and shouts wildly in between the dancing with a sea of hands dancing above their heads.

 

In between them, Jongin feels like his face being ripped apart from the euphorical grin stretching his lips.

Damn he just knew this plan was gonna go through the roof and seeing Baekhyun finally smiling again as he passionately performs sends pure bliss through Jongins veins.

 

This is exactly what he's wished for: The band making themselfs a name while cheering up Baekhyun in the best way possible.

He moves and pops to the cheerful songs in the frist row, cheering on Baekhyun with hilarious shouts and screams.

 

Baekki I want you to be the father of my child“, he shouts with his arms up high and Baekhyun almost chokes on his own spit in the middle of his performance.

 

He shoots Jongin an amused, yet bewildered glance before focusing on the crowd again.

 

Tao smirks, waving Jongin over on the „stage“, pointing to the mic with a meaningful look.

 

Jongin, brows furrowed, points to himself, as if to ask if Tao is being serious and hell yes he is. An approving nod signals Jongin he's asked to join them just like the first time in the practise room.

 

Jongin shrugs indifferently. Well, what's there to lose anyway?

 

He calmly adjusts himself to the second mic, waiting for the former song to fade out.

Baekhyun beams at his best friend as he notices him standing at his side.

 

This was the best ing idea you had in a long time“, he shouts almost too loud, hugging Jongin uncontrollably tight.

 

Jongin quickly saves them from tripping over but Baekhyun doesn't let go.

 

Hey I'm full of brilliant ideas Baekki and now let's do this before people get the wrong idea.“ He an eyebrow at the squealing girls infront of them.

 

Yyyep, I knew it's too late. Alright“, he sets his mic straight as the music flows in, giving Baekhyun a last assuring nod before the two break out another wicked song, heating up the crowd once again.

 

As the song proceeds, Tao throws in a random dance break with his MPC.

 

Jongin grins at Baekhyun who grins back slyly joining Jongin in a choreography they both had leanrt a long time ago.

The cheering goes even wilder and Jongin swears he just heard someone copying his wish of Baekhyun being the father of his kids.

 

As he song ends, they both bow down, panting hard but beaming from ear to ear.

 

Thanks Ladies and Gentlemen, this is EXO, hope y'all had fun today“, Baekhyun cheerfully shouts before waving at the crowd.

 

But right before they could pack anything, a few girls dash outta the crowd directly at Baekhyun and Jongin. Wait, he knew them. This was Taeyeon with some classmates running up to them, a bright, excited smile on their faces, eyes wide.

 

Oh my gosh, you guys were so cool, you wouldn't believe“, she blurts out, tightly hugging Baekhyun followed by Jongin. „You should've seen the rest of the class, I called them over after I saw you performing here. Oh my lords I can't believe you're in a band Baekki.“ Still utterly excited she hugs Baekhyun another time, squealing like a little fangirl.

 

Rest of the class?“, Kris interferes with the hugging session, cocking a questioning eyebrow at Taeyeon.

 

She nods eagerly and points towards the back rows several times. „Yeah I can't believe how many actually came after I put this video online.“

 

She holds up her phone, showing the band a short clip of them performing. Everyone's jaw dropps in a split second.

 

WHAT? So many clicks already?“, Kyungsoo emits breathless, grabbing the phone as if to assure himself what he sees is truly happening.

 

I didn't doubt it, you guys were ah-mazing“, she stresses every single letter while emphazising her words with wide gestures.

 

Thanks so much for doing this Taeyeon, it means a lot“, Baekhyun smiles warmly before turning back to the rest of the band.

 

Taeyeon takes this as her turn to leave. She waves goodbye at the band, happily jumping back to her classmates.

 

Baekhyun stares after her for a while before his thoughts get interrupted by Kris' thundering voice. „I can't believe half of the school is here.“

 

You sure can't believe a lotta things today“, Jongin chuckles before scanning the crowd for more familiar faces.

 

Suddenly his face falls straight together with his heart as he spots an all too familiar face among the crowd.

 

Holy crap this can't be“ Jongin moans in agony as he grips his hair dramatically. Why him of all sudden? This has to be some kind of curse Jongin believes firmly. Otherwise he can't explain the all-time interference with his stupid life by a certain teacher.

 

What is it?“, Baekhyun asks casually while packing up the microphone. Jongin inconspiciously points towards a bunch of trees at the back of the slowly dissolving crowd.

 

Baekhyuns eyes follow the pointed direction and his eyes grow wide in shock and excitement.

 

Oh jeez, you didn't tell me you've invited Sehun along as well.“ His voice almost cracks with sheer excitement as he giddily bounces up and down, beaming at Jongin whose face grows darker with every second Baekhyun is acting so silly.

 

Don't be stupid Baek I didn't invite him. In fact, that moron is the last person on earth I wanna see right now.“ He quickly thinks his statement over as the gross image of his stepfather suddenly pops up in his mind.

 

Ok second to last person“, Jongin mumbles grumpily, occupying himself with the packing of the remaining instruments.

 

Oh come on, pull that giant stick outta your bumbum and admit you're happy to see him here.“ A suggestive grin curls up Baekhyuns lips, emphazised by his wiggling eyebrows.

 

Jongin merely rolls his eyes at Baekhyun. There'd be no use in trying to convince him otherwise right now anyway so Jongin could just proceed to ignore him with every remaining nerve he had.

 

He wasn't keen on losing the rest by discussing his bowels out wether or not he likes Sehun.

 

In fact, he thought Sehun was quite acceptable as a teacher once he joined the arts club. But after the most awkward peptalk a few days ago he clearly couldn't stand the sight of him without feeling nauseous with embarassement and humiliation.

 

He just hates people who thought they'd be needing to interfere with his life in any kind of way, thinking he needs help because he couldn't cope with the whole situation in his own.

Damn sure he could. He's still standing upstraight isn't he?

 

The whole pity he recieved makes him sick and above all Sehun as a teacher makes him sick.

 

Now he'd always feel like being watched with sympathetic eyes when in school or arts club. God he hates this thought. What's with all the people thinking they need to help others just because they didn't live up to their standarts anyway? What's with this stupid teacher assuming he needs to steer Jongin in the right direction?

 

How the hell does he know what the right direction for Jongin is anyway?

 

Couldn't he be simply happy with being a tard who does drugs more than enough? Just because it doesn't match Sehuns posh standarts doesn't mean it's the wrong lifestyle for Jongin.

 

He actually enjoys the whole party scene, the one-night-stands and the adrenaline that comes with it. It's not his fault Sehun has a giant stick up his .

 

With gritted teeth, Jongin tears his gaze away from Sehun, who looks around aimlessy, scanning the crowd impassively.

 

He waves at some students every now and then, a gentle smile on his face.

 

Good lords he was the exact image of the stuffy teachers they always showed in K-Dramas. Jongin feels like gagging.

 

Come on Jongi, we gotta go. Hurry up“, Baekhyun shouts, already on his way to the car.

Jongin shakes his head to get rid of his mental murder and quickly joins the band again.


Heyho beautifuls what's up? ^__^ As promised here's a lil update I hope you enjoy it =) 

Was inspired by the beautiful weather over here and I wouldn't mind a spontaneous party with EXO in the park huh? ;D 

Got a quite stressful week ahead so bear with me updating a little later as usual :) 

Thanks to the new subbies and of course the old ones for sticking with me <3 I love you all 

Have a great week ;)