C. 27

Poison bites

 

The following days, Jongin mostly spends his time on pins and needles, desperately waiting for the days to pass so he could finally rush to the hospital to visit his mom.

 

Sadly, everytime he looks at his watch, the minutes just don't seem to pass.

 

Two, three, five minutes drag themselfs along with the watch hand until Jongin couldn't bare it anymore.

 

He fumbles with his watch unnervedly, eventually throwing it against the wall.

It lands with a quiet thud until the ticking hushes.

 

Deep, uncomfortable silence fills the room he's in, pressing onto his ears with the most unsettling frequency he's ever heard.

 

Reaching a point where Jongin couldn't bare it anymore, he rushes to his feet, looking around only to find his belongings scattered all over Baekhyuns room.

 

He'd initially planned on picking his best friend up from band practise anyway so showing up a little earlier wouldn't hurt, would it?

 

Just like old times where Jongin would just sit and cheer for Baekhyun as the latter sung his lungs out to the rhythmic beats and riffs of the rest of the band.

 

While gathering up everything he needs, Jongin lazily thinks about getting some food for the band on the way. He figures that after such a long day, everyone might be a little hungry already.

 

With a self-assuring smile he leaves the house, shouting a friendly „Goodbye“ to Baekhyuns parents before turning into the calm streets of the posh neighbourhood.

 

It takes him quite a while to get to the busier streets and take-aways.

 

Thank the Lord, the sun is shining today so Jongin doesn't have to worry about taking the overcrowded bus with it's ill-tempered drivers and people.

 

He enjoys the soft, still pleasantly warm rays on his face before his favorite scent hits the tip of his nose: Pizza.

 

The thought of munching on some cheesy, savory bake together with the band sounds more than inviting right now.

 

He quickly orders, pays and leaves the shop with a giant box under his arm, ready to hit the campus just a few minutes away.

 

Once he arrives, the sound of guitars and Baekhyuns voice already hits his ears and he feels his body becoming excited with the thought of seeing the band again.

It's been ages since Jongin last had joined the band for a practice session or gig.

 

He rushes inside, carefully opening the door before he is greeted with suprised and mildly shocked faces.

 

Jongin!!“, Tao shouts, stopping his movements in the same second to storm off into the youngers direction.

Oh my Lords, I- I mean we were worried sick once we heard what was happening. Are you ok? I mean, of course, Baekki told us everything but …“, he looks into Jongins eyes with a meaningful yet questioning look, „are you really ok?“

 

The massive amount of compassion and kindness first manages to overwhelm Jongin completely but he eventually takes a grip of himself and nods with the most genuine smile he could muster.

 

I'm fine, really. You don't have to worry about me that much.“

 

His look falls onto the box in his hands and he quickly figures it might be the perfect time for some distraction so that he wouldn't be reminded of the past events again and again.

 

Hey guys, I've brought some pizza. Thought you might be hungry.“

Everyone's eyes light up with pure excitement and Jongin let's out and inward sigh of relief.

 

Pizza?!? Oh my God, you're an angel Jongii“, Baekhyun exclaims, storming off the stage into a tight hug.

 

Soon, everyone is gathered around the box, happily munching and chattering about the last gig and the past days of school.

 

What do you think Jongi?“

 

Huh?“ Jongin lifts his head, only to meet Taos and Kris' questioning eyes.

 

You really got that head up in the clouds do you?“

Both laugh and pat Jongins shoulder casually.

 

Just askin' if you're up for another gig at the youth club. Sehun said we could come anytime again. Guess he was heavily impressed.“

 

As if to prove his words, Kris proudly stretches out his chest, grinning priggishly.

 

You know I'll wipe out that dirty grin if you keep bragging like that“, Tao growls playfully while taing another slice.

You know that Baekki is the star anyway.“

 

With a huffy pout, Kris turns away, indulging in some cheesy bites of his pizza-slice.

 

Baekhyun silently watches the two with an amused smile.

 

He leans into Jongin with a meaningful grin before whispering: „Just waiting for these two to finally their brains out. It's too obvious they like each other.“

 

Jongin freezes on the spot hearing his best friends blatant words and he shoots him a more than questioning look.

Baekki?? What the hell is wrong with you?!“

 

Baekhyun chuckles lightly.

Nothing with me actually. I'm perfectly normal.“

 

I highly doubt that“, Jongin retorts, throwing the latter a sarcastic look which is returned with Baekhyun sticking his tounge out playfully.

 

We're bickering around all the time as well and no one wants to see us each others brains out“, Jongin states after a while of silent eating.

 

At his words, Baekhyun almost chockes, coughing heavily a few times before staring at Jongin in pure disbelief.

Who's the one being out of line now?“

 

Jongin shrugs. „Just stating the facts.“

 

He earns a hard slap on the back of his head.

Ouch, what was that for?“, Jongin whines while rubbing the aching part.

 

He deeply glares at Baekhyun who already suspects the upcoming punishment.

 

Oh don't you even dare“, he growls with hands held high infront of his face to protect himself against Jongin who jumps up like he's got bitten by a snake.

 

With his full force, Jongin drags up Baekhyun putting him in a headlock before bullying around with the brown haired male for a seemingly massive amount of time.

 

Before even realizing it, the two fighting cats are outside the practise room.

 

That's when Jongin decides to let go of Baekhyun, taking another suspicious look around as if to check that no one had followed these two.

 

W-What the hel Jongin?! What's this all about?“, Baekhyun asks irritatedly, adjusting his hair.

 

Well first of, I really enjoy punishing you but actually … I need to talk to you about something important. Mind joining me outside for a cigarette?“

 

Baekhyun arches his eyebrow with doubt but slowly nods nonetheless.

 

Ok as long as it doesn't involve some crazy story I'm in.“

 

Well who knows about that?“, Jongin grins maliciously, already heading outside.

 

JONGI!!“

 

C'mon Baekki, you know you'd wanna hear it anyway.“

 

With his head hanging low in defeat, the latter follows outside, waiting for Jongin to explain his sudden action.

 

 

W-W-Wait, WHAT?!?“

 

Baekhyun could only stare at his best friend in disbelief, eyes wide open and mouth agape.

 

Oh please don't stare at me like that.“ Jongin ruffles his hair in agony while a slight blush tints his cheeks. „This is already hard enough to carry around, let alone to talk about.“

 

L-l-like he … really asked you to move into his house?? Like seriously?!?“

 

Baekkiii“, Jongin growls in a dunning tone, glaring daggers at his best friend.

 

Alright, alright“, Baekhyun stutters, trying to calm himself, considering the news he just had to process.

He takes a deep breath but the excitement still shakes his whole body as he speaks on.

 

Does your mom know about this?“

 

Jongin shakes his head with his face distorted in sadness. „I wasn't allowed to visit her yet.“

 

Oh Jongi“, Baekhyuns face softens and he puts an arm around the dark haired male, „I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you in a bad mood.“

 

Jongin smiles softly. „You didn't. I just finally wanna be able to talk to her, finding out what happened in the first place.“

Baekhyun nods. „Fair enough. I can only imagine how you feel.“

 

It's not important. I just wanna get that fat, plastered useless into jail for what he has done to my mom. And in order to do that, my mom finally has to speak up. Now's the perfect opportunity.“

 

For a moment, thoughful silence fills the space between the two, only the occasional blowing of smoke is heard.

 

Baekhyun's the first to speak up again.

I believe everything's gonna turn out right now. You and your mom will finally be able to live a normal life.“

 

Jongin sighs deeply. „You really think so? Something inside me doubts it nonetheless.“

 

Hey, don't be such a worrywart. What could possibly go wrong now?“

 

Well maybe you're right after all …“

After a moment of silence again, Jongin takes a shy look at Baekhyun who stomps out his cigarette. „Uhm …“

 

Hm?“

 

W-What about the … offer?“

 

What of- Ouhhh you mean the Sehun thing?“

 

A sly grin appears on Baekhyuns innocent face and he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

 

That's the stuff for endless good stories ahead.“

 

Baek!! That doesn't help! Would you finally shut out that dirty mind of yours??“

 

But the latter just laughs heartily and pats his best friend's shoulder.

C'mon you know there's nothing wrong with it. It's not like you're gonna marry each other. Although this'd be another good stor- Ouch!!“

 

Ok ok“, Baekhyun gives in, rubbing his aching head in agony, „What I wanted to say is that you don't need to move in forever. If everything turns out right, you're gonna be in some college dorm anyway partying your last brain cells out. And your mom could look for a job to afford her own place or simply stay with Sehun. I don't think there's a problem with that.“

 

Well maybe you're right“, Jongin mutters thoughtfully while playing with his jacket.

Thanks Baekki, that helped a lot.“

 

Anytime Bro. Now let's get in before the rest of the band gets suspicious.“

 

Alright, I hope they spared a slice for me still.“

 

Don't count on it.“


Ohhhh my lords!!!! 

You can't believe how sorry I am for not updating in such a long time .___.

As the weather got colder and colder I fell ill quite quickly and wasn't able to come up with a good chappie laying in bed and coughing my lungs out ... :(

Now that university started again, perhaps there is some more space between the updates but bare with me ok? :) 

This is just a rather short one but I still hope you like it ^__^

 

As always, leave a comment, let me know what you think, subscribe if you haven't already and enjoy the story <3

 

Love you <3