C. III

Poison bites

Well look who's a happy bastard“, Baekhyun teasingly remarks as he sits next to his best friend in the classroom monday morning. „What happened to your pretty ?“

 

Jongin shoots his best friend a weak glare, still not able to hold back the dirty smirk.

You wouldn't believe it if I told you.“

I'm always up for a good dare, shoot.“

 

Jongin sighs, sitting up to face Baekhuyn. „You know I was at Jessicas party this weekend?“

 

Baekhyun nods, his eyes wide with excitement.

„It was crazy. The crowd went wild, the booze was awesome and“, he loweres his voice a little and takes a glance around to make sure no one is listening, „she has the biggest ing supply of my fav' pills and powders.“ Baekhyun gapes at what he just heard.

 

That poshy- chick is doing drugs?!“

 

Shh!“ Jongin coveres Baekhyuns mouth in a fast motion before taking another glance around. But no one seems to have heard anything. He sighs in relief, releasing the protesting Baekhyun.

 

Oh my I can't believe this“, Baekhyun suddenly grins raunchily, „You did her didn't you?“

Jongin raises a brow as if to say „You know me any different?“

 

Oh I knew it you smug lil bastard.“ Jongin slightly protested as his best friend ruffled through his hair in a rough manner.

 

Ok ok stop it will ya?“ Jongin shakes his hair back into place as Sehun enters the room, eyeing Jongin for a glimpse of a second before proceeding to his desk infront.

 

What was that about?“, Jongin whispers to himself a slight tad confused, but focuses on Sehun immediately next second as he pins a certain picture on the board.

 

Jongin recognizes it in an instant and blushes hard.

 

If you're asking which standarts I'm setting well here you go“, Sehun starts to explain to the class which seems to be wondering what this was all about. Jongin could make out a few admiring gapes at the sight of his picture infront.

 

This artwork was painted by one of our classmates and is aiming exactly at what I was expecting for this topic.“ He outlines the patterns in a gentle motion, careful not to blurr the chalk. „The patterns are full of motion and the colors blend in perfectly.“

 

Stunned murmuring filles the room in an instant and Jongin just hopes with all of his heart Sehun wouldn't mention his name in the process.

 

He wishes the ground would just open up and swallow him whole as Sehun continued to explain the perfection of Jongins artwork. He hates that kind of attention as much as an arrogant bastard he is.

The blush on his face the moment Sehun looked at him meaningfully contributes to the wish to just jump out of the window right now.

 

Baekhyun nudges his best friend with a knowing grin on his face.

Hyung that's yours isn't it?“

 

Just finally shut your cakehole would you?“ That probably came out a little more desperate than intended and Baekhyuns grin grows even wider.

Don't tell me you're feeling embarrassed right now.“

 

Jongin throws Baekhyun a pointed stare but he just happily continues to blabber.

„Dang, I knew it hyung. That gifted of yours is just too humble for this greedy world isn't it? God you don't have a clue how proud I am to-“

Suddenly Baekhyun stops abruptly as a certain tall figure stops infront of their table. Dark orbs meet dark orbs as Sehun wordlessly puts the picture back on Jongins table.

 

Excellent work Jongin, that's the best I've seen among everything. Keep it up.“

 

To say he wishes the ground would just open up and swallow him whole is now replaced by the urge to climb down hells doors and burn alive as soon as possible.

 

As he feels the burning stares of his classmates resting upon him, he can't help but blush even harder, a deep red spreading all across his face down to his neck.

 

God damn it how could that ing teacher be so ing stupid to reveal all this to his classmates? They probably won't stop talking about this once class is over. It's the last thing Jongin needs right now.

 

His embarrassement continues as Baekhyun just can't stop dwelling on the situation earlier, showering his best friend with compliments and stupid confessions of his, of course plain platonic, love.

 

Jongin hates him right now.

Jongin hates Sehun right now.

Jongin hates himself right now.

 

He just want's to grab his stuff and make a run for the door.

 

He mumbles a small „Thank you“ and yanks the sheet out of Sehuns hands. He stuffs it away roughly.

 

Careful hyung you're gonna damage this precious thing“, Baekhyun admonishes worriedly and saves Jongins picture from getting creased by taking it himself, storing it in his folder.

 

Sehun is already back to the front, explaining some stuff Jongin doesn't care about while he draws fine outlines of something that looked like a skull.

 

Jongin has to admit his lines are anything but bad, drawn with a firm hand, steady and aesthetically appealing.

But he has zero time to worry about that as his favorite game calles in again, telling him to get back and slash some enemies on the go.

 

Hey Baek.“

Baekhyun lookes up from his paper.

Hm?“

Wanna smoke some after class?“ Jongin doesn't even look up from his phone.

You know we're gonna get expelled if we're getting caught?“

Jongin absentmindedly gestures something that might've been a nod and continues to fuddle with his phone.

Alright whatever.“ Baekhyun shrugs and get's back to work. „Let's hit the roof. Nobody's ever up there anyway.“

Sounds great- Damn this ing game“, jongin hisses, nearly on the verge of throwing his phone out of the window.

Got shot again?“

 

Jongin only growls angrily and tosses his phone inside his bag.

 

Once a noob, always a noob“, Baekhyun teases. Jongin throws him a threatening glare but Baekhyun just ignores it and smiles slyly as he finishes his work, eyeing it proudly.

 

Jongin shortly glances over it and holds back a giggle.

Baekhyun really can't draw to save his life. Even the easiest tasks normally floor him and Jongin is usually the one to save his paintings to the better grade.

 

What do you think hyung? Not that bad huh?“

 

Jongin tries to hold back his grin hard.

A slight red stain flushes over his face as he does so but he preserves his calm manner and takes Baekhyuns picture to eyes it closely, pretending to actually examining it with interest.

As for usual, it was anything near good but Jongin would never tell his best friend because as much of a reckless he seemed to be, he actually cares about Baekhyun and his feelings and he knows how much it'd hurt him to hear that his work, in which he put so much effort, was plain bad.

So Jongin nods quitely, putting the sheet down.

Well it's actually a lot better than other ones I've seen so far“, he takes the chalk out of Baekhyuns hands and begins to blurr some lines together, „Just let me put some finishing touches on it before you hand it in.“

As you wish princess.“ Jongin stiffens at the comment while Baekhyun smiles contently.

Careful with your mouth hyung, I can make or break you right now.“

 

Baekhyun pouts huffy. „Hey what's that supposed to mean?“

 

Jongin softly smiles as he continues to refine his best friends work.

Nothing, now be quiet I gotta concentrate over here.“

 

Just right before the bell rings, Jongin finishes, blowing off the leftover chalk from the sheet.

 

There you go, thank me later“, Jongin hands the sheet back to Baekhyun who happily smiles at the sight infront of him.

 

Thanks hyung.“ Baekhyun hugs him tight. Jongin struggles hard to get out.

 

Yah let me go, what's that about? I said you can thank me lat-“ Both stop their silly game as Sehun passes by, eyeing the two with sharp eyes, narrowing them slightly as he went on strolling through the rows.

 

Stuffy bastard“, Jongin whisperes and makes an attempt to free himself from Baekhyuns grip.

True, he's a buzzkill for sure“, Baekhyun agrees and packs up his stuff as the bell finally rings.

 

Both friends saunter out of the room, upstairs to the roof of the highschool building.

Jongin gives another good look around, making sure no one is joining their little party, before he fishes out something that looked like a oversized cigarette.

 

Hyung you want only us two to smoke that … thing away?“ Baekhyun eyes the joint incredulouly.

Jongin shrugs indifferently. „Sure where's the problem?“

 

Baekhyun sighs defeated. „Oh lord Imma be so stoned when I get home. Pray my mom doens't notice.“

 

Well that's up to you “, Jongin retorts as he lits the joint. He takes a few good pulls before he hands it over to Baekhyun couching hard.

 

Slacking off lately?“, Baekhyung jokes as he takes a few pulls himself, inhaling deeply before releasing a long puff of smoke.

 

They spend the rest of the break on the roof, sharing the joint until Jongin steps on it to put it out.

 

Always wondered what it's like to listen to Ms. Kims jabbering while being high“ Baekhyun laughed, already feeling the effect of the smoke.

Well it's not called highschool for nothing eh?“

Both look at each other, laughing so hard that Jongin could bearly breathe. For a short moment he can edit out the fact, that he probably get's beaten again tonight.

For a short moment, high on weed, he is happy.


Hey peeps ;) 

Hope you're enjoying so far and please don't kill me if everything only slowly evolves because I think it's important to build the characters and the story up properly.

As always leave a comment and have a great day ;)