C. 34

Poison bites

 

The night before the New years party Jongin lies awake in his huge bed, unable to close his eyes for more than five minutes in a row.

 

He sighs frustratedly and sits up on the edge of his bed, his feet the plushy carpet under him. It must be around 3am now and Jongin isn't quite sure how to pass the time until it's legitimate to clatter around the house without earning a look that questions his sanity.

He sighs again in resignation and quietly opens his door, heading to the kitchen light-footedly to make sure everyone stayed asleep.

He passes his moms door, then turns around the corner into a long hallway leading up to the kitchen.

As silent as possible, he closes the door behind him and switches on the lights.

Flashing across the room, they manage to blare him for a second until he got used to the lack of darkness his eyes had already adjusted to.

Not quite sure what to do, he heads to the fridge on autopilot, instictively searching for a bottle of water.

He sits down on the edge of the table, gulping down half of the bottle to soothe his dry throat while looking around the kitchen.

Damn, his mom surely knows how to keep things clean. Even the herbs were sorted by color and height.

Jongin couldn't supress a slightly amused grin.

Perhaps his mom really needs to look out for some kind of job, this looks like a severe attack of boredom to be honest.

 

That's when he notices the open newspaper across the kitchen counter, along with a colorful highlighter resting on it.

As he gets closer, he also takes note of a couple of sticky post-its with number and cryptic words written on it.

He takes a closer look.

 

Down where he notices the color of the highlighter, he finds a couple of vacancies, nothing special, just a few jobs as cleaner or part-time help in the local mall.

Welp, his mom has again been smarter than her kid.

He grins.

His mom would make the greatest most stubborn cleaner whereever she'd be employed, perhaps even driving the boss crazy with her cleaning compulsion.

She'd be the boss in no time, Jongin just knows.

 

As he detaches himself from the newspaper, his eyes notice a shadow outside the kitchendoor.

His mom? Or worse, Sehun?

He really isn't in the mood of having to justify his insomnia now.

Holding his breath, he carefully steps towards the living room, trying to avoid making any sound as the shadow draws closer.

And just when he thinks he had gotten caught, the cause of the shadow reveals itself to Jongins eyes and he can't hold back a hearty laughter.

 

The dark, big eyes of Maple glance at him sleepiely, blinking a few times as if in need to adjust as well.

She sniffles around mindlessly before running up to Jongin who bends down to pet the puppies plushy fur lovingly.

 

You scared me little lady. Hasn't someone already taught you some manners?“

She looks up at Jongin quite puzzled before running circles around him, which usually meant that she wanted to be cuddled.

Jongin smiles and grabs the little puppy carefully, carrying it across the kitchen into the living room, where he sits down, placing Maple on his lap before turning on the TV on low volume.

 

You don't have a clue about the upcoming night eh?“ Jongin looks down into those puzzled eyes again and can't help but chuckle quitely. She's just too cute.

We'll have to hide you in the dryer so that you don't get a heart attack from all the fireworks outside. Or maybe you're one of those curious little s that don't care about something exploding right next to them.“

She sneezes once and adjusts herself on Jongins lap.

You don't even care that I'm talking to you huh? Oh stupid little puppy …“ He her back gently with the amused grin still on his face.

 

There's something very soothing about the way the pretty little dog rests on his lap and his eyes slowly start to grow heavier by the second.

 

Before he notices, both of them are fast asleep.

 

 

A couple of hours later, the rumbling sound of someone entering the kitchen wakes up Jongin.

For a second he doesn't quite know where he is, until he realizes his nightly walk and Maple being a little attention .

His sleepy eyes slowly adjust to the daylight outside, traveling next to him, where he finds the little puppy still peacefully sleeping.

As careful as possible he steps out of the living room into the kitchen to find out wether his mom or Sehun disturbed his sleep.

 

Rubbing his eyes he enters the kitchen, his nose being hit by a delicious smell and his mouth instantly starts watering.

 

You're awake“, the deep, charming voice states and Jongin could clearly hear the smile through his words although Sehun stands infront of the stove with his back facing Jongin.

 

He only wears loose pajama pants that swirl around the curves of his body perfectly whenever he moves a bit to grab something from the shelf.

His upper body smoothly moves along to the music playing on the radio as he cooks.

 

The sight of Sehun without a shirt on has become some kind of normal with time, as both had lived together for quite some time now and whenever Sehun knows Jongins mom wouldn't be home attending breakfast or joining them watching TV in the evening, the elder usually doesn't bother to put a shirt on.

 

Jongin tries hard not to feel awkward around the shirtless Sehun, especially being reminded of the questionable dancebattle back in summer and the first shirtless encounter but after all, this is Sehuns home and he should be allowed to act comfortable around his own house so Jongin doesn't mind.

 

Still he finds himself staring at the lean muscles and the broad shoulders which are perfectly defined, contracting the slightest every now and then when Sehun would move to the music or stretch to get something from the shelf.

 

What on earth has caused you to sleep on the couch? I found maple cuddling up to you like a little furball earlier.“

 

Jongin lets out an inelegant yawn and slumps down on the chair sleepiely.

 

Couldn't sleep and Maple followed me into the kitchen. We watched some TV and I fell asleep.“ He takes a curious look around.

Is mom not at home?“

 

Sehun shakes his messy hair, which still looks gorgeous even after getting up.

Goddamn, some people are just really lucky bastards.

Jongin grumpily gets up, reaching for the coffee on the counter. Sehun turns to face Jongin with a dazzling smile.

God, how much he hates morning people!

 

She was awake and outta the house before I got up. She told me about some job interviews yesterday.“

That's when Jongin remebers the news paper.

 

Right“, he mumbles, „saw the vacancies tonight.“

He fills his cup before offering some coffee to Sehun. The latter thankfully accepts and takes a sip while he stirs the scramled eggs with the other hand.

 

Jongin leans against the counter, sipping on his cup as well.

 

Don't ask me if I'm ready for today“, Jongin yawns, „I feel like I'm gonna need a few hundret cups of coffee to sustain.“

Sehun smiles that dazzling smile again while putting some bacon into the pan.

 

Don't tell me you're little box has nothing against fatigue inside.“

 

At a blow, Jongin is wide awake, his heartbeat accelerating double times.

Does Sehun know about his little secret box he keeps under his bed? If yes, how's he gonna deal with it? Will he hand it out to the police?

 

Joking“, Sehun chuckles deeply, „but you're awake now aren't you?“

 

Oh that mothering bastard … He manages to irritate Jongin in every ing way possible seemingly whenever he wanted.

 

Those dark eyes look into his, curved from an amused smile on his plump lips and Jongin doesn't know how to react for a split second. He really wants to be angry at the awful joke but at the same time he can't seem to get himself to glare at Sehun.

 

C'mon, I've made some breakfast for us. You'll feel a lot better afterwards, I promise.“

 

Jongin eyes the food warily.

 

You didn't put some inside did you?“

 

Sehun breaks out into laughter, already filling Jongins plate with lot's of goodness: Scrambles eggs, bacon, baked beans, mixed fruits … Even if Sehun would've added some questionable substances, Jongin realizes he's too hungry to even care the slightest bit.

 

He greedily devours his food, relishing in the delicious taste of everything that went down his throat.

Damn, since when had Sehun been such an exceptional cook?! Why didn't he put an effort in cooking earlier?

Oh well, probably not to steal his moms last 'job' inside this house except for cleaning.

Sehun being a better cook than her would hurt her feelings to a degree jongin better avoids contemplating about.

 

Instead he swallows down the rest of his food hastily before refilling his cup again with some coffee.

 

When Sehun had finished his plate, both sit down inside the living room with the remaining coffee and a notebook.

 

You know what to do today?“, the elder asks, handing Jongin a piece of paper with things to do for today.

 

Sure, it's not like we haven't discussed this at least a hundret of times.“

 

Cheeky as always …“, Sehun mumbles with his deep dark voice, eyeing Jongin with a raised eyebrow and a malicious smirk on his lips.

Jongin meets his eyes equally smirking and not intending to back down. That bastard doesn't deserve a victory after that terrible joke.

 

And what are you gonna do about this then?“, Jongin asks defiantly, tilting his head to the side, his arms crossed.

 

Sehuns smirk widens.

He gets up, moving closer to Jongin until he's besides him.

Sehun bends down to Jongins ear, huskily mumbling: „I'll have my way trust me.“

 

Jongin freezes facing Sehuns words.

An unbearable hot rush creeps up his neck up to his face, burning his cheeks until it nearly hurts.

It doesn't matter how smart Jongin estimates himself to be, Sehun always seems to be at least ten steps ahead of him.

He seems to be the wolf among little sheep like Jongin.

 

You still have a lot to learn Jongin“, Sehun laughs to Jongins confusion, ruffling his hair in a nonchalant manner.

C'mon, get into the shower so we can head to the club. I'm sure the others will arrive soon as well.“

 

Bastard, he obviously like to tease the younger on any occasion he could find.

Perhaps Jongin should stop trying to win over him, it seems to be a hopeless goal.

 

He hastily gets into the shower, trying not to think about how Sehuns lips so damn close to his ear had felt.

 

A pained groan escapes his lips as he leans against the walls of the shower, letting the water dripple over his body.

To be honest, he doesn't really wanna get out of the shower again, throwing himself into another game with Sehun again.

 

He isn't able to understand the elder … Most of the time they get along just fine, being friendly and polite and at some point of the story, Sehun just manages to irritate the out of Jongin with being like a completely different person.

Those days had been filled with an almost tangible tension Jongin just couldn't explain and clearly doesn't want to explain.

 

Seems like Sehuns past has not fully vanished from his personality, the charismatic and dark leader is still lurking somewhere inside the shadows, teasing Jongin whenever there is an opportunity.

 

Jongin doesn't want to admit that it fascinates him, mesmerizes him even sometimes.

It's so very different from what Jongin believes Sehun to be.

And that irritates him the most. He hates being wrong.

 

But at the moment, he doesn't have time to think about this.

Jongin quickly dries himself and gets dressed to join Sehun outside of the house to drive to the club.

Deep inside, the anticipation of the upcoming night slowly manages to eliminate any irritation he had felt before.

His thoughts are quickly occupied with all the stuff that still needs to be done and once he sees Baekhyun waiting outside the club, grinning when he sees Jongin getting out of the car, he can't help but be filled with a load of happieness.

 

The latter rushes to Jongin, almost smashing his body in a tight hug.

Jesus, what on earth has gotten into you?“, Jongin manages to utter out among the tight embrace, slowly trying to wind out as unobstrusive as possible.

 

Jongin you wouldn't believe what was happening lately, there's just so much we need to talk about!“

 

That's when Jongin painfully realizes how long the two have not been seeing each other lately and he immediately feels extremely guilty. But Baekhyun, seemingly reading Jongins mind just waves his hand in a placating manner.

Don't worry about lately by the way. It's probably for the better we've not been seeing each other.“

Uhm, alright, ok“, Jongin asks a slight tad confused, already heading to the entrance, where he sits down on a bench.

With a casual movement, he pulls out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting one, then passing them to Baekhyun.

 

Now spill the beans! What's been going on in your castle little princess?“

 

Jongin ignores the look of reproach in Baekhyuns eyes before he starts speaking.

Ok I don't wanna beat around the bush … Uhm … well basically Chanyeol and I …“

 

Jongin wields around incredulously, eyes ripped open and mouth open to his feet.

 

No“, he states breathless, not sure how to feel about what Baekhyun is about to tell him.

 

Uhm …“, Baekhyun lowers his head shyly, his face redder than a tomatoe. He fumbles nervously with his hands while speaking on: „Well technically yes … We're a- a … couple now.“

 

WHAAAAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME NOW?!“

Jongin grabs Baekhyun by the shoulders, inhumanly tempted to shake the life out of him.

 

Baekhyun shrieks and flinches back like a scared puppy and finally Jongin lets go, seeing the fear in Baekhyuns eyes.

Is he the source of that fear?

Dumb question Jongin, veeery dumb question. He mentally slaps himself for asking such a dumb question, then looks at Baekhyun again, calmer this time.

 

I thought you two were done? How on earth did this happen?“

 

And then Baekhyun started telling the whole story of the evening.

One cigarette, two, eventually three all land down on the ground while the two talk about what happened and even if Jongin still feels wary about the sudden change of Chanyeols mindset, he still senses the overwhelming joy in Baekhyuns voice talking about said person.

 

Baekki you know I just wanna see you happy right?“, Jongin smiles, cupping Baekhyuns face with his hands.

The latter smiles in relief and embraces Jongin in a tight hug.

 

Tell me whenever that motherer is gonna hurt you. I'll beat that filthy face up in an instant.“

 

Promised“, Baekhyun laughs and takes Jongins hand to head inside, where Lay, Lisa and a few others already gathered, busy with preparing drinks, food and music for the evening.

Jongin gives everyone a quick hug before proceeding to help with the rest of the decoration together with Baekhyun and Lay.

 

Having them three as a team together again evokes some kind of fuzzy feeling in Jongins body and he can't supress a happy smile that curls his lips almost on they're own. It has been a long time where he hadn't seen Baekhyun and an even longer time not seeing Lay.

The time they get to spend together now would be wisely used, starting with three bottles of cold beer.

 

To more to come“, Jongin cheers, clinking bottles with the rest.

To an awesome night“, Lay grins.

To being a destruction team again“, Baekhyun contributes with a huge smirk on his face and everyone takes a gulp.

 

Make sure to leave a little for tonight“, Sehun casually states as he walks by with a meaningful grin.

Jongin notices the straight steps he's taking outside, as if he's got some urgent business to be taken care of.

Not thinking any further, the three proceed with decorating and preparing.

 

As time passes, everyone get's more and more hectic, eager to put the last finishing touches on the club before everyone would arrive.

 

Jongin notices Sehun still not being back but doesn't worry further as food and drinks currently occupy his mind.

 

Put them over here and we'll be done“, Lisa grins cheerfully and steps away light-footedly.

 

Almost done“, Lay states, suddenly besides Jongin, throwing an arm around his shoulders.

Jongin smiles, laying an arm around Lays waist, resting his head against his shoulder.

Thank God, this has been harder than I thought. I couldn't even take a proper shower before everyone'll arrive.“

 

Lay chuckles innocently, giving Jongin a gentle nudge.

Don't worry, in a matter of minutes everyone's gonna be dancing their asses off anyway and you won't stand out anymore.“

 

Jongin joins the snickering. „You're probably right, let's go get the cups so that everyone's gonna be trashed in a matter of minutes as well.“

 

It doesn't take long for the first ones to arrive at the club.

Nicely dressed and made up, they seem to be a constant reminder of how ed up Jongin must look like now completely messed up and drenched in sweat.

But he doesn't mind. Instead he's busy handing out the drinks to everyone and setting the music to fit the atmosphere.

Hey Jongin“, Lisa suddenly grabs his wrist, pulling him with her to the couch nearby, „come on relax, come have some fun with us. The rest will be fine I promise.“

 

But-“

 

No if's and but's, you're gonna move that pretty to your friends right now!“

 

Busy with a bunch of cups and plates in one second, Jongin is dragged to a nearby sofa the next second without being allowed to protest, almost tripping over two lovebirds on the table next to them in the process.

He clumsily slumps down next to Baekhyun, who is already handing him a cup filled with something similar to berry juice.

Jongi, finally! I thought the duty had already swallowed you, or at Least Jisoo, seriously that girl would wind herself around you like a belt tonight.“

Baekki what the-“

Spare the protest, you know I'm right. Now to the pleasant part of the evening.“

He carefully pulls out a deck of cards and starts dealing them to everyone on the table.

Jongin knows where this one would end and it is only 9 pm.

Perhaps Lay has been right about what he said earlier, at this rate, the party would escalate quicker than expected.

 

But even within all the boozy fun, Jongin couldn't quite shake off the concern for Sehun still not being back. He had looked so anxious, an expression Jongin honestly doesn't see very often on the normally mostly confident teacher.

What could've happened that threw him offtrack so immensely?

 

Jongiboy we can literally hide a gallon of vodka in the crease on your forehead what's wrong?“

 

Jongin slightly startles at Baekhyuns sudden question. Is he being that obvious again? Oh Jesus he should really start to work on his bodylanguage.

 

You know where Mr. Oh is? I haven't seen him since he left earlier. And he doesn't answer the phone as well. I'm just curious what could have been that important.“

 

Well“, Baekhyun sighs rather annoyed than concerned, „it's his business and as long as the club's not part of a mandatory auction I can't really say that I care.“

He shuffles the cards before dealing them again in a skilled manner.

 

Jongin takes a sip but can't quite make out what exactly left the bitter taste in his mouth: Baekhyuns plain ignorance or the alcohol that still overlaps the sweet juice.

 

He doesn't wanna kill the rollicking mood so he tries hard to ban his thoughts into the farthest part of his brain, finally fully engaging in the game until he feels the warm fuzzy feeling of whatever has been in his drink spreading in his belly, slowly lifting the mood.

 

After the third round, he excuses himself for the restroom and a cigarette.

No one seems to really take notice of his abscence so he calmly lights a cigarette outside and watches the smoke rise above together with his visible breath.

It had gotten significantly colder over the past weeks and Jongin needs to pull his coat further around himself to prevent the chilly air from entering.

 

As he relishes in the relaxing feeling of a couple of that weird mixtures, he suddenly notices Sehuns car pulling up infront of the club.

He takes another drag, squinting his eyes to have a better view on what is going on back there.

At first, Sehun get's out of the car, a strange but happy smile on his face.

He walks over to the other side of the car, opening the door for another person Jongin doesn't know. A tall, handsome man get's out of Sehuns vehicle.

Dark brown hair plays around his masculine face in a messy way and his well defined lips are curled up in a smile as well.

 

Jongin had never seen that guy before, nor did he know that Sehun planned on taking another person to the party.

Perhaps he's an aquaintance he hadn't seen for long who's now staying in town? Or another social worker Jongin hadn't met yet?

 

He lights another cigarette, still observing the scene infront of him.

 

Both are heavily avoiding eyecontact, always awkwardly grinning when their eyes met nonetheless in a coincidence.

They seem shy around each other, almost like a freshly baked couple in their teenage years.

 

He squints his eyes further to take notice of other details like the fancy clothing the man is wearing, the surely expensive watch on his wrist in contrast to his plain white sneakers on his feet.

 

From the way they interact with each other it's clear that they'd known each other for quite some time cause even acting shy around each other, Sehuns gestures seem a little too intimate for a newly met aquaintance.

 

Who on earth is this guy? And why's he here just now?

This is a party of the club not every idiot that comes running up to Sehun.

 

Deep down Jongin can feel anger burning up in his stomach.

He and the rest of the group had spent hours on decorating, preparing, shopping and crafting while that head had been out with a new lover he dares to bring now after he had done quite nothing?! Jongin furiously throws the rest of his cigarette down, stomping it out before storming inside again.

 

I need a drink“, he growls threateningly low, trying to keep his breath in check.

Baekhyun stares at him in confusion.

Dude what on earth has ruined your temper from the way to the restroom to outside the club? Have you seen two squirrels fighting over a nut?“

 

Jongin spares his comment on hibernation and shakes his head.

No, Mr. I haven't contributed anything is finally back. With a seemingly new lover in tow.“

 

For a second, Baekhyuns expression remains blank, then his lips curl up into a suggestive smirk.

You little jealous Jongi.“

 

Jongin whirls around.

Jeal- WHAT? In your dreams Baekhyun! I'm royally pissed! I thought something severe had happened not that he'd meet his new mistress in town, abandoning us in here. You know how much ing work we have put into this party? A party for US? For the club?!“

 

Baekhyuns smirk doesn't fade as he nods calmly.

Sure, I've been part of it, ya know?“

 

Now finally STOP smirking! By any means I am everything but jealous!“

 

Sure. Mind playing on?“

 

Jongin sighs in relief and frustration at the same time. „Finally something useful outta your mouth.“

 

Still furious, Jongin mixes another drink, more than willingy engaging in the next round so he has a legitimate reason to ignore the entering Sehun and his puppy.

 

He doesn't really notice what's happening over the next hour playing.

It's like the group is wrapped in a fuzzy bubble of laughter, playing and gaming.

Until Lisa taps Jongins arm, pointing to the dancefloor, he didn't even notice the floor getting fuller and fuller with students happily laughing and dancing.

 

C'mon let's join, I don't wanna play anymore.“

Baekhyun agrees before Jongin can even say something and so he is dragged to the dancefloor by the two, making their way into the center where the three instantly rock out to the beat with a huge grin on their faces.

For a second, Jongin seems to have forgotten his anger about Sehun and he enjoys the time with his friends as more and more people join them.

 

Hey, why didn't you bring Chanyeol?“, Jongin shouts over the blasting music while still trying to move sandwiched between a mass of students.

 

Only for you to roast him like Sehuns little lover? Oh hell no“, Baekhyun grins and pushes a girl aside that got a little to close.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes in annoyance and whirls Lisa around.

You do know that this dilemma happened after the party started?“

 

Baekhyun casually waves it off. „Calm your Jongi, he'll come later on. His parents are holding a dinner tonight and he has to attend. You'll get your fair share of the Park later on.“

 

Jongin releases Lisa out of his grip, making a gagging noise. „Ew ew ew! Please spare me the details!“

 

Baekhyun laughs so loud that he even drowns out the music, drawing attention from a few nearby students.

 

As the music changes into a calmer topic, the three decide to go for a break and refill the empty cups. On their way to the bar, Jongin picks up Lay, who has been talking to someone Jongin doesn't know, looking quite flirty.

 

He an eyebrow at the red haired, earning a stuck out tounge in response.

 

If you pick up girls AND guys night by night it's called whack but once I flirt with someone you're having that parent look on your face.“

He nudges Jongin.

Are you jealous?“

 

This has actually been the second time of the evening that Jongin had been falsely deemed jealous and it slowly starts to annoy the brunette.

 

He nudges back with a sly grin on his face.

Really, do I look like I need to be jealous? I believe this is called double standart.“

 

Cocky much?“, Lay teases as he refills the cups.

 

Not at all“, Jongin casually replies taking the cup with a dazzling smile, „it's the truth.“

 

Lay rolls his eyes in played annoyance. „Diva's an understatement to describe you. But nevermind, let's talk about that mysterious guy grabbing our hottie teachers attention.“

 

And there he goes again. That questionable guy besides Sehun.

 

Jongin could feel the anger boiling inside him again once Lay mentioned that bastard but he tries to maintain a calm facade.

Lay shouldn't be one of the idiots thinking Jongin's jealous as well or the mood would be eternally ruined for the night.

 

Well he's at least the reason Sehun hasn't moved his lazy to help us today“, Jongin mumbles and takes a generous sip, coughing the next second.

Goddamn Lay what did you put in there? This tastes like acid.“

 

Lay chuckles amusedly. „Acid or acid?“

 

I'm serious!“

 

Ok ok, just a little too much Vodka that's all.“

 

Sure“, Jongin manages to cough out before being able to calm down.

You wanna get me sloshed right?“

 

Uhmm perhaps?“

Lays face turns into an innocent pout and Jongin can't help but pinch his squishy cheeks.

Don't do that pout on me, I already fail with Maple everytime I try to resist.“

 

I'm a puppy?“, Lay protests acting outrageous, both hands stemmed into his lean sides.

He doesn't notice himself pouting again and Jongin could only blink incredulously at the resemblance of Lay and Maple when they're petulant.

 

You're my puppy“, Jongin grins eventually, throwing an arm around Lay, ruffling his soft red hair while Lay vehemently struggles to wind out of Jongins grip.

To no success as things turned out but just as Jongin intends to drag Lay onto the floor, Lisa taps his shoulder, quickly gesturing for him to follow her.

 

Beer's almost empty, could you perhaps get some crates out of the store room?“

She puts on an apologetic pout.

I'm sorry, they're too heavy for me.“

 

Goddamnit had this been doomed the night of pouts and false accusations? Jongin believes to slowly notice a pattern in everyones behavior.

 

He sighs but nods and heads into the back of the club, where the beverages are stored.

Jeez, he could be dancing right now and tease the life out of Lay but instead he had to heave heavy crates out of the store room.

 

Needless to say the room is so dark that Jongin almost couldn't see his own hands and the musty smell of old concrete and wood imbues the whole chamber.

 

He hastily searches for the crates, piles as many as he could before dragging himself back to the bar. On his way to the front, he notices a gap in Sehuns office door, not wide enough to see everthing but sure wide enough to let voices through.

He hesitates for a moment as he hears two people talking in there.

Should he really be eavesdropping now?

 

His ethics clearly protest until he realizes they're not existing anyway so he quitely shuffles closer to get a better position.

 

How long are you gonna stay?“

 

That must be Sehun. He get's even closer.

 

Don't worry I'm not leaving anytime soon. This time things'll work out I'm sure.“

 

That must be the mysterious guy from earlier. What are they talking about?

 

Do you … well plan on staying the night? It has been so long … I feel like we need to talk out a thousand things.“

He hears the stranger chuckle deeply.

 

Are you trying to talk me into staying with you so I don't run away again?“

 

You do have to admit that things didn't turn out very well last time.“

 

Not very well?“, the stranger huffs, then seemingly moves around the room.

I'd say this has been a terrible breakup.“

 

Breakup?

Running away?

 

This couldn't be …

 

Just answer the question, don't agonize me Ian.“

 

Ian? Well that explains his foreign appearance after all. But it still doesn't explain this ed up situation.

Could this possibly be the ex-fiancé of Sehun?

 

You already know the answer Sehun. After all these years, how could I say no?“

 

Crap, this royal pain did not only ruin the party but would be staying in Sehuns home together with Jongin and his mom?

 

For some reason this makes Jongin feel uncomfortable … extremely uncomfortable.

What would happen when this Ian or whatever his name is actually moves in?

What would he think about Jongin living together with his teacher?

Would they have to move out eventually?

 

A thousand questions start spinning inside his head and he suddenly feels very dizzy.

 

“, he manages to whisper before he forces himself to walk on and get the drinks ready.

Just in time because right after he walks past the office, the door opens fully and Sehun steps out, noticing Jongin carrying the heavy crates.

 

Oh Jongin wait, Imma help you with that“, he smiles genuinely but Jongin speeds up his steps as Sehun tries to grab one of the crates.

 

No need, we got along just fine without you earlier.“

His voice sounds a little colder than intended but he couldn't hold back his anger that pent up over the past hours.

Those stupid crates! After everything they needed to get done, they were the least of a problem now. And Jongin would be able to deal with it just fine.

 

He hastily steps away, leaving an utterly confused Sehun behind.

 

Ian steps out as well, examining Sehun with a quizzical look.

What's wrong?“

 

Sehun absentmindedly shrugs his shoulders, still looking at Jongin who continues carriyng the drinks.

I don't really now …“

 

In a cheerful manner, Ian pats the other on the back.

No need for a long face, let's have some fun. After all, we should celebrate this.“

 

You're right“, Sehun mumbles and tries to muster a smile but something inside him feels off.

Jongin is clearly angry and hell, Sehun definitely understands.

This party has been planned with so much blood sweat and tears, details and difficulties that Sehun now feels extremely guilty for not being there today.

Sure the rest of the club, especially Jongin sure knows how to deal but after all, he should've been there.

It's his club after all.

 

A quiet sigh exits his lips as he enters the main room, where they're greeted with loud music and a mayhem of voices singing and shouting.

 

Sehuns eyes instictively look for Jongins dark hair or the white shirt he wore earlier today but the crowd had become so dense that it has become hard to recognize a distinct face.

 

Normally Sehun would assume Jongin somwhere right in the center, dancing his heart out infront of fangirling ladies but he couldn't make out the signature smile with his tounge sticking out anywhere near the crowd.

 

Then finally he notices someone holding a bottle into the air, shouting something accompanied by enthusiastic shouting and screaming.

 

The voice is undoubtedly Jongins and he shuffles closer to see what's going on.

 

Once he has a better view he notices Jongin, Baekhyun and Lisa together with Chanyeol and some other students playfully dancing to the music while they pass a bottle of seemingly some liquor around.

For Jongin being ice-cold earlier, he now looks astoundingly easy-going to Sehun.

He whirls Lay around, pulling him closer to say something into his ear, whereupon the latter has to chuckle, with his cheeks reddening significantly.

 

Is he flirting?

 

Sehun watches how Jongin dances even closer with the red-haired, resting his forehead against Lays with a huge smile on his face. His hair is already damp with sweat, perhaps a byproduct of the ineffable temperature inside but also from the playful dancing, swaying their hips to the beat with his hands wandering further down his back …

 

Sehun snaps out of it and quickly looks anywhere but to the dancing crowd.

Only then he notices his heavy breath and heart pounding heavily against his chest.

 

Damn, he really needs to get out of here for a moment.

 

Before he leaves, his eyes unintentionally catch the sight of Jongin again, dancing behind Lay, his hands on the pretty red-haired hips with his lips close to his ears mumbling something.

Lay rolls his eyes with a sarcastic smirk but doesn't wind out of Jongins hands around his hips.

 

Sehun quickly shuts his eyes for a moment to get rid of the upcoming thoughts in his head.

He hastily steps out of the club, lighting a cigarette before he takes a deep drag, exhaling the smoke into the nightsky.

 

Although his body tells a whole different story, he still tells himself to quickly forget about what happened just now.

He knows Jongin has a playful nature and sure has seen him mess around with different students but something about this scene felt different, as if this had been intended to be some twisted kind of revenge for earlier.

 

As if he knew that it would strike some weird nerve within Sehun.

 

Sehun quickly takes another drag and thinks about Ian.

About all the years they hadn't met and all the nights he cried because of what happened.

And about the feeling of finally having him back.

 

The thought of them together from now on somehow calmed his nerves and puts a gentle smile on his face.

 

Things would turn out well from now on, surely.


Ok peeps suuuuper long chapter as a little excuse that exams have me big times right now <3 After this month things'll run a littler smoother and I'll be able to update more often, promised <3 

 

I hope you're doing well and have less anxiety attacks than I have now x) 

 

As always, your comments really make my day and I'm super excited to dive a little more into SeKai from now on ;D 

 

Love you my little rainbows <3