C. XVII

Poison bites

In fact, Baekhyun and Taeyeon spent almost the whole evening flirting and bickering, sitting on a bench near the stage.

 

The rest of the crowd had started to mingle on the dancefloor, going all out to the blasting music emitting from the speakers.

 

Baekhyun notices Jongin dancing with a random chick he didn't know, but he doesn't really care either. Jongin would get along eitherway, he knew his best friend way too good to think otherwise.

 

It had created some space he could use for Taeyeon.

 

As both happily chatter for a while Baekhyun notices she's a real sweetheart. Not only is her hair colored in a shade that reminds him of honey but also her lips seem to drop the same with every kind word she speaks.

 

If it wasn't for the burning question, wether she really still has a boyfriend or not, Baekhyun would've downright kissed her.

The way she looks at him with her chocolate orbs, the way she flashes him a radiant smile and above all her smooth voice drawing him him.

 

It all just seems too perfect.

 

What he doesn't know is that the perfection could be disturbed any minute as two dark eyes are watching both warily, squinted together in a questioning look.

 

The red hair softly floats around the handsome face while the tall, muscular figure leans against the wall.

Chanyeol had caught a glimpse of them a couple of minutes after Jongins outburst and to be honest, while he tries hard to tell himself he doesn't care, he finds himself questioning the uncomfortable feeling inside his guts.

 

He couldn't be jealous for real could he?

 

With an incredulous huff, he downs the rest of his drink, pushing his tall figure off the wall to get another.

This little kid, this little innocent kid makes him question his principles yet again.

He had sworn to himself to never fall for someone again in his life, living only to be the smug lil bastard he was.

 

But there he was, getting drunk on whisky and jealousy. And why?

Because of a, what, maybe eighteen year old high school student who managed to tell him off with his innocence?

 

Impossible.

 

Chanyeol downs another gulp of the spicy liquid, swallowing hard.

 

He had thought everything would turn out right if he managed to create some distance between them the fastest and cruelest way possible.

But apparently he had done more damage than intended with the result of him standing and watching like a psychopatic ex-boyfriend.

 

This is definitely not what he intended to do and it makes Chanyeol sick to see these two flirting like lovey-dovey teenagers while he stood there not knowing what to think of the mess of feelings that tied a knot of his stomach.

 

Unbelievable“, he mumbled, while downing the rest of the drink.

 

A slight daze already kicked in a couple of minutes ago, making his insides feel somehow dull and careless.

As he takes a hold of the fifth drink, he spots Taeyeon sitting alone on the bench.

 

Within a split second his eyes look out for Baekhyun.

He'd so grab that little er and scold him for making Chanyeol feel so utterly strange.

 

He finally needs to get him outta his head before something dumb could happen.

 

As he looks for Baekhyun, he downs his drink in one go to calm his erratic heartbeat.

Why his heart is pounding so hard, Chanyeol can't quite make out. Perhaps it's the jealousy still evident in his boiling blood. Perhaps it's actually nervousness in fear of what might await him. Or maybe it's just the amount of whisky kicking his senses by now.

 

Eitherway he spots Baekhyun inside the club, rummaging through his bag, deep in thoughts.

 

Chanyeol uses the given opportunity and silently closes the door behind him, casually leaning against it with all of his impressive height.

 

Baekhyun doesn't take notice of the elder, as he seems to be deep in thoughts still searching for something unknown.

 

Just when Chanyeol steps one foot against the door to support himself, Baekhyun startles and spins around hastily, only to find Chanyeol looking at him with an unreadable expression in his eyes.

 

As the moment passes and Baekhyun notices what kind of situation he's in his eyes start squinting, glaring daggers at Chanyeol.

 

What the do you want?“, he snarls with his voice as cold as possible to cover the slight shake in it.

 

Inside he starts trembling immediately, his heart speeding double as he finally recognizes Chanyeol.

Every bit of memory from the infamous evening when he tried to talk to Chanyeol flood back into his mind and he can't prevent a hard blush tinting his cheeks as the plain embarassement he felt back then slowly creeps up his spine again.

 

I see you're still out of sorts with me?“

 

Baekhyun let's out a scornful huff as he hisses: „Why wouldn't I? How dare you strolling along like nothing ever happened?! Get outta here!“

 

As Baekhyun makes an attempt to shove himself past Chanyeol, the latter grabs his shoulder, pushing him back infront of him.

 

Get.your.dirty.hands.off.me“, Baekhyun growls through gritted teeth as he violently shakes Chanyeols hands off his body.

Now get outta the way. I wanna join some decent people again. Not some miserable scum like you.“

 

Chanyeols lips curl up into a lopsided smile. „You mean that honey-babe outside you've been flirting with the whole evening?“

 

A confused look suddenly paints Baekhyuns whole face as he eyes Chanyeol questioningly.

You've been spying on me? Oh how pathe-“

Ah ah ah, no, you've just been plain obvious to everyone that's all. How come you think I'd be spying? That's hilarious Baekki.“

 

With a smooth movement he pushes himself off the door, taking a few steps into Baekhyuns direction.

He comes so close, that Baekhyun could smell the slight waft of whisky emmiting from him.

 

And even if“, he mumbles in a low, sultry voice, eventually urging Baekhyun closer and closer to the wall behind him, „you know just as good as me that she's just another low-blow. You know you don't belong to her.“

 

Trying hard not to crumble under Chanyeols intense eyes, Baekhyun maintains his fierce facade.

You mean another low-blow like you? Oh come on how pathetic will you get Park Chanyeol?“

 

With another step, his back hits the wall and Baekhyun tries hard to think of a way to escape this more than weird situation.

 

It couldn't possibly be. Park Chanyeol giving him the rejection of his lifetime and now trying to make a move on him?

 

Even in Baekhyuns wildest and admittedly, often more than far from reality imaginations, this is just too ridiculous to bear.

 

Let me go, stupid motherer! Don't get on my precious nerves“, he growls threateningly low, attempting to push Chanyeol farther away. But his towering figure merely moves a few centimeters, blocking Baekhyuns attempt with ease.

 

What's your in' problem, huh?! You couldn't get rid of me fast enough, why are you doing this now??“

Baekhyun startles as Chanyeol slamms both of his hands onto the wall, Baekhyuns smaller frame trapped in between.

 

A strange mix of fear and electricity fills up Baekhyuns insides as he turns his head to avoid Chanyeols intense stare.

 

Nonetheless he feels him moving dangerously close, the smell of whisky merging with his dazzling scent. Although he fights it with every fibre of his body, he couldn't prevent his heartbeat from racing up to unimagined speed. His breath became shallow and fast as he feels Chanyeols breath hitting his ear while he speaks: „Because you know where you belong, Baekhyun. You don't belong to such a mediocre and you know that.“

 

He pulls back just enough for Baekhyun to look at him.

 

And what on earth makes you think I'd belong to such a jerkass like you?“, he answers as calm as possible, trying to fight his way out of Chanyeols trap.

 

But Chanyeol just grabs both of his wrists, slamming them back to the wall hard enough for Baekhyun to let out a pained moan.

 

He looks back at Chanyeol with his eyes full of boiling anger.

 

They continue to stare at one another, the tension almost tangible.

Baekhyun takes in the oh so familiar shape of his chizzled face, the soft curve of his eyes, the almost black color of them staring into his with such an intensity that he could feel his body getting hotter every second, his breath merely a shallow waft.

 

He remembers falling for Chanyeol was too easy. He remembers himself falling hard and merciless. He remembers feeling the exact same erratic heartbeat everytime the elder was around.

He remembers the oozing the latter had always been emitting so effortlessly just by being around.

 

And he remembers fighting this feeling as much as he did now.

 

I'm so tired of this “, Baekhyun growls, attempting to get out of Chanyeols iron-grip with no success.

 

Instead Chanyeols grip tightens while he bites his lip in a slow sultry manner.

I've been honest with you now. Be honest with me for once. What do you want?“

 

The feelings inside Baekhyun almost pain him into oblivion. Being honest he never wanted anyone so bad. He just wants to Chanyeol with all the anger he had, so bad it hurts him physically.

 

The incredible scent of Chanyeols perfume mixed with the slight breath of whisky almost makes him dizzy.

He is almost about to give in when the memories of countless tearstained, sleepless nights come flooding his mind.

 

He remembers the shame, the guilt but above all he remembers the pain of a dirty heartbreak as clear as day.

 

Seriously Chanyeol?“, Baekhyuns eyes squint down to narrow slits and his jaw tightens dangerously, „That's how it works for you? Finding a nice toy to play with, dispose it once it bores you and then dig it up again from all the garbage that's piling on top when you get bored and drunk again?!“

He closes some distance between them, hissing in a low, angry voice: „You're a disgusting, narcicisstic lil who doesn't care about others. But mind me, I do. And I've got an incredibly lovely, kind person waiting outside that actually cares about me. So if you'd excuse me“, he wiggles out of Chanyeols iron-grip, brushing past his astonished figure with an ignorant attitude to head outside, back to Taeyeon who is waiting besides the bar, talking to Jongin.

 

As she spots Baekhyun walking out of the club, she ends her conversation immediately and storms off to Baekhyun with her eyes lit up.

 

Baekki, I was looking for you everywhere. Thought you might have left without telling me.“ A small, cute pout adorns her face and Baekhyun couldn't help but smile warmly.

 

With a careful movement of his arm, he wraps it around Taeyeons slender waist, pulling her in for an innocent hug.

 

I'd never do that Yeonni, you know I'm a good boy.“ He nuzzles his face into the crook of her neck, breathing in the sweet scent of vanilla, that tingles his nose and instantly feels much better about the whole previous situation.

 

A small giggle steals it's way out of Taeyeons pale pink lips and she hugs Baekhyun back almost shyly.

 

The hell would he tell anyone about what happened just now. Why would he destroy such a beautiful connection for someone who didn't even give two s?

 

No, he'd keep quiet and pretend it never happened, just as much as he'd be pretending Chanyeol doesn't exist.

 

Never again should he be able to mess with Baekhyun like that again.

 

As if to confirm his thoughts, Baekhyun shakes his head, leaping one arm around Taeyeons shoulder to guide her away from the building.

While leaving, he flashes Jongin a wide smile, which is returned by him with a huge thumps up.

Perhaps, everything would return to normal again now.

 

The hell did Baekhyun know.


Hey little cupcakes, a short one to snack on, I know but you can have too much of a good thing eh? ;D

ok ok jokes aside, I'm finally on vacation that means more time to write and I felt like updating another chapter today. 

I felt like abandoning the Chanbaek part last chapters so here we go, hope you like it ;)

Just a few more days to go and it's weekened again, stay strong y'all <3

Much much love to you ;)