It's Meant To Be [Final 2.2]

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

50

 

 

***

 

 

Just as she arrived home, Yeri immediately felt the heavy atmosphere in the house. Her sister is nowhere to be found but Yoona is in the living room, wearing a grumpy face while arms are crossed on her chest.

 

"Unnie... Did something happened?" She softly asks the doe-eyed as she slowly approached her. 

 

"Ask your sister." Yoona mutters, getting up and went to the kitchen.

 

Yeri was taken aback. She isn't used to it. She normally can see them all so sweet when she returns home but tonight is different. And she doesn't have any idea what's going on. 'They fight rarely. But tonight seems too heavy to handle.' She thought, walking to her bedroom and took a seat at the edge of her bed only to abruptly stands up when she felt something on the bed. "Unnie?" There she realized someone is under the comforter. She touched it and can feel her back.

 

"Unnie, what's happening?" She tried to pull the comforter down but her sister is holding it. She's not hearing any sobs rather mumbles that she can't understand.

 

A few minutes later, Seohyun pushed the comforter down, looking at Yeri with a pout.

 

"You're just being childish, aren't you?" Yeri could tell.

 

"Yoona canceled our trip to our province tomorrow again. I can't understand her, I thought she'll be free tomorrow because it's weekend but she told me she has something to work on. Aish, I hate her." Pulling the comforter again, Seohyun continues her upset mumbles towards her fiancée. "I can't believe her. It's the third time she canceled this. She should just tell me we are not going."

 

Yeri sighs as she took her seat at the edge. "Yoona Unnie is just busy left and right Unnie, I myself too. You should be patient and understanding."

 

"I am but she keeps breaking promises." Seohyun said as a matter of fact. "I thought she's excited? I think I'm the only one."

 

"But what else can you do? She really has a schedule tomorrow."

 

Seohyun pushed the comforter again and raised her eyebrows. "You're on her side, Yeri?"

 

"I'm no one's side but you should also-"

 

"She's still outside right? Then go out." 
 

Yeri frowned. "Seriously Unnie?"

 

"I'll just go alone tomorrow. I can't let Auntie wait for more weeks." Seohyun hides under the covers again and sighs deeply. "Let me borrow your bedroom first. I'm still upset with Yoona."

 

Yeri rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Have you ever eaten?" But she got concerned and ask her sulky sister.

 

Seohyun bobs her head but her stomach grumble.

 

"Right, you have." Getting up, Yeri left and went to the kitchen.

 

Yoona handed the plate of salad to Yeri. "Force her to eat, she's making me worried for her again."

 

"Unnie, Mianhe." Yeri apologized as she took the plate. 
 

"It's nothing. Your sister is just being hard-headed. I know she's just sad I have to cancel our plans again." Yoona replied with a brief smile and sighs.

 

"If I were you Unnie, you should warn her about leaving her." Yeri advice couldn't take that the young chef is being kind over her sister's attitude when she's upset.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "Your sister is actually adorable when she's upset. She just needs some baby later and she'll be fine." She giggles. She is upset herself but she thought it's not going anywhere if they're both like that. Giving her space would be fine and Seohyun will eventually soften later.

 

"Aigoo..." Yeri was about to leave when Yoona said something to stop her.

 

"Tell her I'll go home between 3 am and 4 am."

 

"Wae? Where are you going?" 
 

"The second branch is ready for opening this Monday, I need to finish stuff there so it will be good by its opening day." Explained Yoona as she gives Yeri a brief pat on her shoulder and headed to the other bedroom.

 

Yeri understands and walked back to her room. "Unnie, eat some otherwise you'll be in the hospital later." She warned her sister.

 

Annoyed, the older Seo revealed herself again just to glare at her younger sister. Her eyes however landed to the plate on her hand which made her sigh in defeat as she slowly sits up and took it from her sister. "You made this?"

 

"Your sweet fiancée made it." Yeri informs which causes her sister to put the fork down and stares at it like she's thinking if she's going to eat it or not. "Come on, she did not put any poison."

 

"I know but..." Seohyun frustratingly sighs.

 

"Just eat you're making her worry you know." Yeri pursues but she got up and went out only to return just by the door. "She's going out and be back at dawn."

 

"And where is she going?" Seohyun sent glares to her sister again.

 

"The second branch. She needs to do overtime since the opening is by Monday. See? She has good reasons to cancel the trip to our hometown." Yeri said and did not wait for her sister's reaction as she left for the living room.

 

Seohyun let out a groan and pouted staring down at the salad. Her stomach is growling but her mind is thinking about her fiancée overworking. "She's not making me worry too, is she?" Mumbles her, picking up the fork back and finally took a bite of it.

 

-

 

Yoona's busy painting the second-floor wall with one of the staff from her first restaurant when her staff told her she's seeing Seohyun outside. She turned her head to see that indeed, she's outside with a paper bag she's holding. She decided to put the brush down and went out. "Yah, what are you doing here at this hour?"

 

"Here." Seohyun handed the paper bag that contains coffee and bread. "Don't forget to eat." she said with brief glares as she couldn't look at her straight.

 

Yoona checked what's inside and chuckle lightly. "You don't need... " she pauses when she realized she isn't upset anymore. "Thank you." And she decided to appreciate how thoughtful her fiancee is. "I want to hug you but I'm a bit dirty."

 

"Go home immediately when you're done!" 

 

"Yes, no worries."

 

"Wash your face too before coming home." Seohyun added as she finally looked at her in the eyes.

 

Yoona giddily smiled. "Yes, ma'am. I will. Thanks for your concern."

 

"Aish." Couldn't hold it, Seohyun steps forward and wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck. "I'm sorry earlier." she apologizes softly. "Let's return to my hometown when you are free again."

 

Yoona nodded her head a bit sad she couldn't return the hug with her hands being dirty. "Let's do that then. Thank you for understanding my love."

 

Pulling back, Seohyun check her right hand and glad she's not wearing the ring. 

 

"I put it securely inside my purse." Yoona figured it right away. "I'll wear it again later when I'm clean." 

 

Seohyun sighs and smiles. "You don't have to explain. The restaurant is indeed ready for opening." her attention shifted inside the restaurant. She suddenly felt so proud to see how her fiancee is doing well. 

 

"Yeah, just the second floor and it's done. You're not going to miss the opening this Monday, are you?"

 

"Of course not. Jessica is also excited."

 

"Oh, speaking of her, I read some articles about her being promoted as vice president. Your best friend is sure going for that President soon." Yoona can't be any prouder after learning about it. 

 

"Yeah, everyone is really doing well and I'm so happy." A big smile formed in Seohyun's lips. She can't wait to see the day they gather again in one place and celebrate their lives.

 

"Yah, you're too. I mean, it's just one month away."

 

"Actually anxious about the exam. I might not get it."

 

Yoona shakes her head. "No, you're getting it. Just like how Yuri and Jessica are getting their well to deserve success. I'm confident you'll get that CPA license. I mean, you're the smartest of all smartest." she chuckled lightly but she means every word of it. "Don't be anxious, okay? You have us, supporting you." she unconsciously took her hand and hold it tightly. "You'll get it, or it's their loss."

 

"I know." Seohyun smiled, feeling like she gained new strength with Yoona's words. She hugs her again and kissed her cheek. 

 

 

:::

 

 

Just the moment she walked out of her bedroom, Jessica heard the doorbell rings. She already knew who is it again as she excitedly headed out and greeted the delivery man with a bow before signing on the paper. She took the package and returned inside to immediately see the 12th piece of the puzzle. She took the box under the coffee table where she keeps the puzzles and tried forming it but she still couldn't figure. It's as if the twelve pieces are actually in the middle or something. But what's actually good, the used to be once a week, it's three or once a week. It's the 8th week now since she started receiving it and it seems it's not simple.

 

Upon hearing her phone rings from the couch, Jessica hastily got it and answered Yuri's phone call.

 

"I still don't have any idea what is this." she greeted without giving her the chance to talk first.

 

[In time, you'll figure it out.] Yuri chuckled from the next line. She's in her apartment, sitting on her bed with a laptop on her lap. She received the courier's message telling her the package was sent so she called right away. [By the way, congratulations! I will not be surprised if the next time I read in a korean's site, it's your name being announced as president.]

 

"Thanks, baby. Step by step, I'll get it. But as long as these board of directors and shareholders vote me for the position. You know, it's not because my father is the CEO, it's because of them and they base on my performance. I'm doing well I guess that I was promoted for Vice President." Jessica proudly told herself earning a giggle from Yuri. She smiled giddily. "Yah, not yet going to sleep? It's almost midnight there."

 

[I'm checking students' assignments online. I'll be sleeping later.]

 

"Right. Don't get too late." Jessica reminded. "Otherwise I'm calling a doctor there to check on you." She warned. She always checks on Yuri's health that she sends every month and she realized she's lack of iron, results of not going to sleep early, and not eating the right healthy diet. 

 

[Yes, ma'am, I know it. I'm eating healthily now ever since that last check-up. Aigoo, I feel like I have two doctors.] Yuri laughs and smiles afterward.

 

"I'm just making sure. So please do as what I say, it's for your own good." 

 

[Thank you.] Yuri softly says, fluttering quietly the way Jessica is monitoring her. She needed it the most while living away from her.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled as her eyes shifted to the puzzles. "I'm waiting." 

 

[Yeah, same.]

 

"I'm proud of you."

 

[I'm prouder of you.]

 

"Yeah, we're both proud of our selves." said Jessica playfully as she chuckles.

 

[I honestly have talked to our head here and she said, the president of the University is liking my performance. You don't know happy I was to hear that. So I was invited to have dinner with her and the University's officers.]

 

"Who's the President again?"

 

[Jennifer Blanche. Ms. Blanche.]

 

Jessica went back to her room and opened her laptop to search on the internet. "She's actually a big name there." The middle-aged woman is well-known and respected in New York. "That's an honor, Yuri."

 

[I know right? But I have a problem, I don't know what to get for her. I want to give her something.]

 

"Just a simple gift would do. Flowers, you know, they appreciate simple gifts there." 

 

[Right, thanks for the advice, baby.]

 

"Don't mention it." said Jessica softly as she closes the laptop. "Looks like not only two months eh?"

 

[Your predictions are coming true?]

 

"It seems."

 

[But I'm pretty sure I won't reach the limit. Maybe three years, I'm back.]

 

"Don't say it yet. But what's important is you are doing well there and I am too here."

 

[I miss you every day.]

 

Jessica got quiet for at least a minute. "Same. But I love you and I can wait."

 

[I love you too... more than you'll ever know.]

 

"That's a song."

 

[Of course not.]

 

"It is."

 

[Well I kind of heard it somewhere but I'm sincere.]

 

"I know, I'm just teasing you." giggles Jessica, always love to hear Yuri couldn't take her tease. "Anyway, I should hang up now. You still have to sleep."

 

[Okay, talk to you later. Love you.]

 

"Yes, Kwon Yul." With that said, Jessica ended the call and smile giddily. She gets up, left her room, and went out to meet Seohyun in their cafe, which has yet to open. Being in her new position means she can control her schedule whenever she wants. Also, she doesn't have to always go to the office anymore. 

 

If Yoona is busy with her new branch, she and Seohyun are also busy with their joint business. 

 

 

:::

 

[New York]

 

 

As soon as she ended the lecture, Yuri casually walked out of the room and smile at every greeting that encounter, she would also bow when there are Asians that would bow at her. She felt so happy and always enthusiastic walking in the hallway with students and some senior professors. She's actually living her dream as she's always thankful for each second, minutes, and hours. 

 

Upon arriving at her office, she let out a huge exhale as she took her seat on her leathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter