Announcement

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

49

 

 

***

 

 

Yeri jumped in surprised when she was greeted by a new puppy by the door just as she arrived from Yoona's restaurant. But as she looked around the house to see if they have a guest, there isn't one and the couple wasn't even around.

 

"Aigoo, did they just leave you here, cutie pie?" She crouched down and rubs the head and it's back. "Who owned you?" she asks as if it will answer. "Oh, so you're Rae-o." then she realized the dog tag. Just then, Poppo came out from her sister's bedroom, running towards them, barking at Rae-o. The new puppy joined her sister's dog right away as they play together in the living room. "So Unnie has arrived." Yeri stood up and went to the bedroom just to see it empty. She spotted a paper on the desk and she checks it immediately.

 

Rae-o is Yoona's new puppy, Yeri. Kindly baby sits the two for the meantime?

We'll be back before you know it.

- Seohyun

 

"I see what they did there." She shakes her head and throw the paper to a trash bin. She returned outside just to see the two puppies are now fighting over one toy. "This is like babysitting kids." giggles as she only watches by the couch.

 

-

 

"They're heading home now." Yoona told Seohyun after receiving a message from Yuri. She tilt her head to check on her girlfriend, she just realize she's dozing off. "Aigoo, this woman." she just doesn't mind. They have been waiting for two hours and they don't even know when are they going home.

 

"Did you say something, Yoong?" Seohyun blink her eyes a couple of times as she looked at Yoona attentively.

 

"No. Just go to sleep." Yoona chuckled softly. She reached for her seat and adjust it. "I'll wake you up later."

 

"O-okay. Thanks." Slowly closing her eyes, Seohyun slowly dozes off.

 

Yoona smiled in awe and sighs as she checks on the puppy behind them. "Let's wait patiently little one." she softly said. Checking the time, Yoona wonders what took them long. Yuri's message is only simple with: We're going home. Something tells her something happened considering the early confrontation earlier. She felt a little worried and anxious at the same time. She knows them well but she knows herself that she can't interfere on whatever they're going through.

 

Moments later, she finally saw their car, getting closer and closer until it pulled over. She was about to wake her girlfriend up when Jessica got out of the car, looking like she has gone from a cry as she just headed straight inside. Then Yuri came out after a minute, bringing out their stuffs from the truth. She looked distraught too.

 

Yoona's heart aches when she saw it. 'What... happened?' And she wonders. But she could only watch the front of the house, in silence, trying to guess whatever the situation they're in. But she couldn't figure it out but the thought of Seohyun hating Yuri crossing her mind cause her to suspect it's the reason.

 

"Let's return when they're fine, little one." She told the puppy as she the engine and slowly drives off, not minding waking up her girlfriend.

 

 

:::

 

 

Yuri sighs maybe her millionth time since the incidents in the beach. Even though she didn't hear anything from Jessica, she was able to drive them successfully back home despite her prior warning.

 

She told her she won't let her break up with her for the second time stubbornly only to receive nothing. But she's glad she has stopped from crying. It breaks her heart hearing all of it.

 

Pouring herself a champagne to a glass, she couldn't drink it yet as she stared at the drink in daze. She felt so empty inside. She's like she just woke up and couldn't function well. She's like that for the next couple of minutes until she decided to drink it one goes and she took her phone, browsing on their recent photos. She chuckled bitterly as she was also reminded by their last break up that took them 2 years to be with each other again. It's funny that they're at it again and for the second time, it's about her, it's about Seohyun.

 

But this time, she's not letting her go. She won't let her break her up. She can't.

 

". Why can't she stop caring for Seohyun for once? What about me? She doesn't even care how am I feeling right now." She curses so loud, a bit hating the fact that it has something on her best friend, her ex-girlfriend. But she's more than to blame since it was her who acted recklessly. Who acted stupidly?

 

She pours another champagne and drink it, then do the same process for the next 30 minutes, she dropped her head on the bar counter, drunk.

 

Jessica walked downstairs and headed to the kitchen just to pass by the woman she curses so much back in the beach. "Aish, I told her to leave." mumbles her and just continued to the fridge. She took the fresh milk and pour herself with a glass. A heavy exhale escapes her nose, thinking over the events. It's frustrating, painful and upsetting but she felt stupid at the same time.

 

A lonely tear drops in the corner of her eyes and hastily wipe them off, not planning to end up crying again. She had enough.

 

After having her milk, she heads out and once again stopped at the sight of Yuri, sleeping on the bar counter with her face obviously drunk.

 

"Don't break up with me. Let's just call the engagement off but don't you dare break up with me. I can't take it if you do."

 

"I told you before, I already changed. What happened was purely because of how depress I am. I apologize for it. I really do, I'm sorry... for hurting you. I regretted what I did."

 

"Just punish me but let's not break up, it hurts. And you know yourself how much I love you. I'm just disappointing you right now but the next day, I won't. That won't happen again, araso?"

 

"Breaking up is not the solution for this. Seohyun was right about being sad on the engagement and that's okay, but I believe I will be fine the next day. Jessica, I hope you consider."

 

The words that came from her rings in her head again. Jessica's chest is tightening and she felt sorry as well. She must be so hard on Yuri for asking for a break up. "Aish, why am I so soft for you? Why am I so stupid for you?" She asks herself and chuckle bitterly. "Yuri." But unconsciously she approached her. "Hey." she reached for her shoulder and gently shakes her. "Yuri you can't sleep here."

 

Yuri suddenly shot up and look around in panic, just to stop, staring at the blonde. The world suddenly stops and her tears drops non-stop, staring at her apologetically, painfully. She slowly reached for her cheek and smile bitterly. She wipes away those tears on her cheeks gently with her thumb. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry my love." she whispers. "Please, forgive me. Forgive this stupid... person."

 

"Yuri, you're drunk." Jessica ignores what's in front of her but the latter suddenly pulled her for a tight hug. Her chest tightened and her tears drops once again, listening to her cries. "We are over..." for the second time, she cries but with Yuri hugging her, asking her to take back her words, begging her.

 

 

:::

 

[the next day...]

 

 

Yoona is having a good morning talking with her staffs in the restaurant. They're having breakfast with her while at the same time while at the same time discussing. Everyone is smiling and smoothly conversing with her, like they are friends not working for her restaurant.

 

One of the staffs however opened their tv screen and their attention shifted to it, especially that the news on the screen surprised them.

 

Yoona hastily took her phone out and received a message from Seohyun:

 

Is it true?

 

She didn't hesitate and called her, leaving her seat to have privacy. "That came from the Jung. I guess that was true. And to be honest, I saw them last night, not happy at all." She shared softly, letting out a sigh. "Did Jessica ever message you?"

 

[No. I want to call her but I'm contemplating. I think it's better to stay out from this.]

 

"Right. Let them be the one to message you or me."

 

[But I'm worried. Aish, is this all because of me?]

 

Yoona frowned. "What are you thinking? It's not you, okay?"

 

[I mean... Aish, I hope they did not break up.]

 

"They're together last night. I doubt they are. Calling off the engagement doesn't always mean ending the relationship. And I trust Jessica and Yuri. They have broken up back then, I doubt they'll do it again. And Yuri really love Jessica... I believe she will not do anything stupid." Yoona is firm with her words. They're just going through something they will figure it out later.

 

[Yeah...] Seohyun replied simply. [Anyway, I think we should cancel the dinner date later.]

 

"Why?" Yoona is stunned.

 

[I'm feeling a bit unwell.]

 

"Omo, why didn't you tell me when I was still in the apartment?"

 

[Not literally sick. I don't know, I just don't want to go out tonight. See you later baby.]

 

Yoona was about to react when the call ended. "Is she okay?" She got worried and texted to have lunch with her.

 

 

:::

 

 

Feeling a little better after the news came out, Jessica made sure to turn off her two phones, knowing she will receive a lot of calls. And the fact the fact that her parents have respected their decisions, that's enough for her. There will be some results later either bad or good, she will take it.

 

She turns her attention to a movie playing on tv and smile from time to time while enjoying it. But it soon gone when she heard the doorbell rang. Casually getting off of the couch, she walked to the door to check who's outside but she didn't find anyone but a bag and puppy is inside.

 

"Omo, who would leave a cutie puppy there." She hurriedly went out and opened the gate. She crouched down and find a note on the bag next to the white fluffy Maltese.

 

You are pretty awesome, never forget that.

-Yoona

 

"This choding. Aish, I hate her." It brought a smile on her face, feeling suddenly loved by such thoughtful gift from the doe-eyed. She can't help and tear up but wipes them off immediately. As always, Yoona knows how to cheer her up. They may be over but their friendship is still there and she thank her immediately with a simple text message.

 

Thank you, Yoona.

 

"Let's get you home now, little one." She picked up the bag and brought it inside with her.

 

 

:::

 

 

Yuri who is having her lunch in the University's cafeteria, could hear talks from students and some University staff, everyone is talking about her and the engagement that was being off. Even though she felt better about it, she couldn't get herself feel happy that her relationship with Jessica has to end too. She woke up earlier, in the living room of the mansion only to read a note from Jessica, telling her to leave before she wakes up. She decided to leave without even getting her clothes from the bedroom, as she knows it will only hurt her if she sees her inside. Giving her some space for the meantime before she could continue pursuing her.

 

Sighing from time to time, she would also take small bites on her food until she finished and left the place without minding all the talks around her. She heads straight to the faculty room only to find a box.

 

Pulling her leather chair, she took her seat and opened it, just to be greeted by a small bear stuff toy and portraits of herself. All pictures of her wacky faces back then. She already knew who sent it and chuckle at it.

 

"Idiot. How can she send me these photos?" But it just means, she never deleted nor throw some of her photos. She took the note on the side and read it in her mind.

 

I'm sorry. I really am.

I was totally wrong to not consider your feelings that time.

But know that I'm still here whenever you want someone to talk to.

Fighting Kwon Yuri! I love you~

- Seohyun

 

Yuri's face brightened feeling good after reading the message. Seohyun never really was wrong, but she felt her sincerity. She felt that she cares for her even after what she did and that makes her reflects of the things she has done back then and the recent events.

 

Taking out of her phone, she hastily sent her message:

 

Thank you, Hyun. But these photos, I hate you for sending this.

Good luck with your proposal tonight. I'm cheering on you!

 

 

:::

 

 

A satisfied and sweet smile crept in Seohyun's face after reading the message from Yuri. But the proposal somehow brought a pout on her face because she doesn't feel like it's right to propose while Yuri and Jessica are not good at the moment. She could only sigh, taking the velvet box from the pocket of her jacket and opened it to see the two rings.

 

"In time, I'll propose." She told herself and close it back so she could return it to her pocket. Good thing the restaurant respect her decision and cancelled her booking.

 

Sighing, she suddenly felt sneezing and sneezes in just a matter of seconds. Her phone rings on her left hand which cause her to answer it right away. "Yoong."

 

[You're at home?]

 

"Nope. At the park, in my apartment's neighborhood." She informed her girlfriend.

 

[I'm fetching you there, then.]

 

"Omo, I told you I'm fine." She insisted.

 

[No, let's have lunch together. I couldn't have breakfast with you earlier. I'm on the road either way. Don't leave.]

 

Seohyun smiled and nodded, doesn't have a choice. "Okay." The call ended and she put her phone down, immediately noticed two kids are playing with the sand in the playground.


She smiled, as the kids reminds her of Yoona and her. Even though she barely remembers, it's cute she and her meet after years that passes. But it's incredible how fate works.

 

After a while Yoona came with sweet smiles on her face and bag of food she's holding. "You really look sick." She told the younger, checking her temperature with her palm. "Omo." Only to realize she's burning with fever. "You... you are literally sick indeed." Exclaimed her.

 

Seohyun weakly smiled, wrapping arms around Yoona's waist and rested her chin on her chin comfortably. "I'm fine." But she still insists she is.

 

"Ugh, let's get you home." Yoona gently pushed her girlfriend off of her but the latter stayed her head on her shoulder. "Waeyo?" It confuses her.

 

"I love you, Yoongie." Seohyun whispers softly. "I love you so much." Her second sentence made her tighten her embrace on Yoona.

 

Yoona sighs. "I know." She began to rub her back gently. "And I am too. So, let's get you home and take some pills."

 

"Thank you for being by my side always... I thought I couldn't fall for anyone anymore since my previous relationship but you came and change the way I think about love. You don't have any idea how I think of you each day. Let's go on for a long time." Seohyun continued her words.

 

Yoona is surprised by the sweet words. However, It flutters her. "What's the sudden sweet words, my love?" But she felt weird. "Is this the effect of being sick?"

 

Shaking her head, Seohyun pouted. "I just want you to know."

 

"Well, I'm... I'm still going to bring you home." Yoona giggles gently pulling back from the hug and smile sweetly. "Let's go home now, okay?"

 

Seohyun nodded but purse her lips forward. "Kiss me first." She cutely says.

 

"How many?"

 

"Depends on you."

 

Yoona chuckled and flick her girlfriend's forehead. She then pecks on her lips three times and finally she got up, taking her hand so she can pull her up on her feet. They started walking back to the car slowly.

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun apologized softly while holding the doe-eyed's hand.

 

"For being sick?"

 

"For canceling our date."

Yoona scoffs. "You're still thinking about that? We still have so many days for that. I mean nights. That can wait." She gently pinched her cheek and giggles. Casually opening the car door at the passenger seat, Seohyun suddenly stopped and looked at her. "What?"

 

"Don't you have the whole day at the restaurant?"

 

"We already ended the meeting. The restaurant is close for now." Explained Yoona as she gestures her girlfriend to stepped inside.

"I see." Seohyun nodded her head. With Yoona protecting her head as she stepped into the car, she sweetly smiled at her before she closes the door.

 

Yoona reclined the driver's seat and quickly she the engine. "Let's get you some medicine first. I don't think I've seen enough of it in your kit."

 

Letting out a yawn, Seohyun just nodded her head, leaning her head on her seat. She felt so exhausted since this morning and doesn't have appetite at all. She just wants to return home and sleep. She has no idea how did she got the fever but she guesses it was because of stress both from work and thinking over her best friend and Yuri's situation. It's giving her heartaches as well.

 

Yoona reached for Seohyun's hand and hold it gently while she's driving. "Hang in there." She softly told her.

 

Seohyun just weakly smiled.

 

 

:::

 

 

It's the first night alone, and back in her apartment. Yuri's mind immediately thought of busying herself and so, she opened an online game site and got herself immersed to it for the past two hours until she got exhausted and hungry.

 

She finds herself eating ramen only while watching some funny clips on the internet. Her laughs is filling up the entire bedroom for the next couple of hours.

 

But while she's into it, her phone vibrates on the side and she just grab it without checking the caller ID.

 

"Hello? Hahahaha!" and she answered laughing at the video clip.

 

[Yah, Yuri Unnie!]

 

The voice causes her to stop from laughing. She checks the phone screen right away and widened her eyes. "Krystal-ah. I'm.. I'm sorry about that." she quickly paused the video. "Why did you call?"

 

[Why did you guys break up? I'm sad.]

 

Yuri's heart skipped a beat upon hearing it. "I... I can't tell you. But... here's a thing, I'm just giving your sister some space for the meantime then I will pursue her again."

 

[Chincha? You are not planning to move on?]

 

Yuri chuckled softly. "That's too impossible. I love your sister... but you know, couples fight."

 

[But you guys broke up. How does that make sense?]

 

"It was your sister who broke up with me... but I understand why. As much as I want to share it with you, it's between us only. Maybe in the coming days we're back again so don't be sad." Yuri finds herself promising but she meant what she said and she's determined to do it.

 

[Can I help you with that?]

 

"From what?"

 

[You want to pursue my sister, I can help you, you know.]<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter