Date 1.2

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25 | Date

 

***

 

"Tell me what is really going on with you and Jessica?"

 

The familiar voice coming from behind her made Yoona stopped from eating and turned to see her cousin with a weird serious look on her face. "What are you doing here?" She asks, wondering.

 

"You tell me what you are doing in Jessica's neighborhood as well." Yuri ask back, taking the chair across the deer. "Are you here to see Jessica?" She furrows her eyebrows in suspicion.

 

"What are you also doing here? You came here for Jessica, weren't you?" Yoona grinned, teasing the tan girl.

 

"What?! I ask you first, Im Yoona." Yuri punched the table slightly as she continued wearing a serious look.

 

'What the heck is in her mind?' Yoona grimaced. "Alright, I'll answer then." She clears as she continued, "I'm here because I was hoping to see Seohyun. Not because of Jessica. Why would I see her? We just met, didn't we?" she chuckled softly.

 

"Liar." Yuri mumbled.

 

"Huh?"

 

"I said what are you eating in a cheap restaurant? You have your own restaurant, aren't you? Ahjumma! One more plate of pasta and pork belly here!" Yuri raise her hand to catch the attention of the owner, wanting to eat with her cousin as well.

 

Yoona scoffs. "You said something so little earlier, not that."

 

"So did you talked with Seohyun?" Crossing her arms, Yuri raise her eyebrows at the same time.

 

Yoona shakes her head as she smiles amusingly because her cousin obviously doesn't want to tell her clearly what she said earlier.

 

"Why not?" Yuri took her glass of water and casually have a couple of sip.

 

"She's upset that our lunch earlier was cancelled. And it was because of me." Yoona replied without hesitations. "How about you? Did you talk with Jessica?"

 

"Nope. I did not come to see her. I just happened to pass by and saw you." said Yuri and smiled a little. "Why would you cancel your lunch with her?" But continue her questions towards her cousin.

 

"It's on me. I don't have to share it." Yoona just simply replied before taking a bite on her meat. "Do you really just happened or you are here really to see her?"

 

"I have nothing to talk with her, why would I come to see her, eh? You, are you interested with her best friend?"

 

Yoona laughs. "You sure know how to make a joke."

 

"I'm not joking." Yuri seriously replied.

 

The deer quickly shut and she wanted to be honest this time. "We are good friends and... I like it. I like her company."

 

"Is that your way of confessing now?"

 

"I'm not confessing, just telling you the truth."

 

"You sure do." Yuri rolled her eyes out of annoyance. "Or is it Jessica you were talking about?" She mumbles those words.

 

"Oh come on. You know-"

 

"I know someone that can also lie in front of her friend."

 

Yoona is stunned. "What?" And she couldn't understand why Yuri sounds like she's implying something.

 

"I was just kidding." Yuri goofily replied. "Want some, Yoona?" And she quickly changes the topic as soon as her order arrived. "Here, have more of these... so you will get heavy. You know, Jessica likes chubby person." she put more of pork belly on her cousin's plate while glancing to her with fake smiles.

 

Yoona is speechless. She however can feel her cousin is keeping something and she feels like it's about her and Jessica. "Why do you sound like... jealous with me?" At the same time, she's weirdly sensing Yuri is jealous over her.

 

"Jealous?" Yuri chuckles amusingly. "Why would I? I am not. Hahahaha!"

 

"Well it sounds-"

 

"You and I totally different. Hahahaha!"

 

Yoona furrows her eyebrows. "Huh?"

 

"Wait, let's order some alcohol. I feel like drinking tonight." Yuri once again raise her hand and waves it to catch the owner's attention. "Ahjumma! Five bottles of soju here, Please! Thank you!" she sweetly smiled after getting her attention.

 

"Are you stupid? You know I don't drink anymore." Yoona reminded her cousin. "Ahjumma, just two bottles please." And she hastily turned her order down to two. "You drink it."

 

Yuri shakes her head in disbelief. "Someone doesn't want to tell me the truth tonight." while mumbling.

 

"Aigoo, whatever." Yoona brushed off her cousin and decided to resume her meal. But she returned the meat she put on her plate. "I'm not planning to eat a lot tonight." She told her and ignored the grin on her cousin's face as she put all her attention to her late dinner.

 

'Ugh, why I can't ask her straight?' Yuri is quietly disappointed with herself. But she later did not mind it and copy her cousin with her silence.

 

-

 

"You know what? I'm so mess tonight. HAHAHAHA!!!"

 

After an hour and a half, Yoona is witnessing the worse scenario she expected to see; a drank Kwon Yuri, talking non-sense stuffs and she barely could understand them. As much as she wanted to stop her from drinking, she couldn't, as she feels like watching her for the meantime.

 

"You know baby shark? That friend of mine has an ex-girlfriend and that ex-girlfriend is sure unpredictable. I mean, come on... she's... Ugh, I don't know... I really don't know. Heck, baby shark is in love with this blonde shark... who is obviously lying to her. Who would have thought right? I seriously doesn't know what to do next anymore, because I feel like it will be tough... it will be so hard... to even ask her for a date. Poor baby shark... poor her. She doesn't really... wait... Huggie? You know huggie right? I'm sorry, she's unwell right now. I'm sorry... HAHAHAHA! Let's drink more, Im Yoona the great!"

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. She had been known about her puppy but she couldn't be mad with Yuri with her carelessness, since she had been like that since then. She's just thankful her puppy is recovering well right now, otherwise, Yuri won't ever see the sunrise anymore.

 

"Ahjumma, we're going now." After couple of drinks, Yoona announced and she took the empty glass shot from her cousin and handed it to the owner. "I apologize in behalf of my cousin." She gets up and bowed in apologies in front of the kind owner.

 

"No worries. Your cousin seems not feeling good. She deserves to have some drinks." The Owner said with a sweet smile to the deer.

 

Yoona smiled back and bowed for the last night before she grabs Yuri's arm and pulled her up on her feet. She then started supporting her to her car nearby. "Aish! I'm not supposed to do this." She seriously couldn't believe her night ends up with a drank cousin that ruined her night even more, after she gets rejection from Seohyun.

 

 

***

 

 

The loud ringing of a smartphone on top of the night stand causes someone from her deep slumber to forcefully wake up. But the moment she moves, she felt that pain over her head. She quickly holds it and gives it a few massages.

 

“Look who’s up?” She heard that familiar voice from the side and so as her faint footsteps. ”You have nightmares or beautiful dreams?”

 

“Did I drink a lot?” She knew by then the reason of her headache and she’s sleeping in her apartment. She slowly put her hands down as she looked up to face the doe-eyed girl, who is apparently having a bright smiling.

 

“Just ten of it. And not a single drop of it did you missed.” Yoona stated as a fact, handing a cup of tea to the tan girl. “Do you remember what happened?” she asks while watching the latter having a drink of the tea she made.

 

Yuri simply shakes her head a little without giving a look to her cousin.

 

“Well, I only understand about your ex-girlfriend that you keep on mentioning on the road. The rest, I have no idea what it was about.”

 

Yuri just quickly put the cup down. “What did I talked about that?” eyes are widening; didn’t expect she will hear it from Yoona.

 

“Your ex-girlfriend seemed mad at you? And that you can’t talk to her calmly? Or you can’t ask for her forgiveness?” Yoona revealed. “Tell me, did you meet with your ex-girlfriend last night? The reason you drank all night?”

 

Yuri waves her hands in front of her cousin. “No-No-No. That’s not the reason. She wasn’t the reason all of it. I just want to drink that’s all.”

 

“Really? But you did meet her?” Yoona is curious and concerned at the same time.

 

“I did.” Yuri couldn’t deny. “And, and… it was a good meeting. Hahaha.” But she can lie about it. “All of what you heard last night are false. So, don’t you worry about it, okay?” she got up and rushed to the bathroom, only to trip on the way but quickly got up and successfully escapes her cousin’s obvious curiosity. She let out a huge relief of sigh once she’s inside but smacks her forehead physically. “Stupid! Why are you so stupid?!”

 

Yoona sighs and got more worried. “She’s obviously not okay with her ex.”

 

 

***

 

 

"I'm sorry." Jessica broke her silence the moment her best friend smiles over a message she receives on her phone. It had been 30 minutes since she sat down in their breakfast table, without saying a thing because she doesn't know if it's okay to talk.

 

Seohyun's attention averted from the screen of her smartphone to her best friend. "Wae?" Her eyebrows rising in confusion.

 

"I mean, last night. I didn't mean to raise my voice. I just got carried away with how upset am I." Jessica explained softly. "But you can't blame me, I don't know the reason why you ignored Yoona. I feel like you are being unfair towards her. But I understand if you can't share it to me." she reassuringly smiled.

 

"It was nothing anymore. I figured, that was just childish for me and I understand you would be upset, since I introduce her to you as my friend. And like we promise, we should treasure our friends..." Seohyun smiled back.

 

"But seriously... what really happened?"

 

'She would deny it if I share.' Seohyun thought for a moment. "It's just... misunderstanding... I guess?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

She sighs in defeat. "I got jealous." And quickly looked away upon confessing.

 

“Omo, you are? To whom?” Jessica raise her voice.

 

“It’s just… it’s on me. Hehe. But that was-“

 

“So you like her?”

 

Seohyun hastily covered her best friend’s mouth. “Can’t you lower your voice?”

 

Slowly pushing her best friend’s hand away from her, Jessica giggles. “You do like her. That’s good to know.”

 

“I don’t know yet!” Seohyun denied. “I mean, I’m still confuse. I still couldn’t tell if I like her because she’s a good friend or it’s more than that.” But couldn’t help and explain her side. Her cheeks are turning red as she got shy.

 

Jessica grinned. “You do like her. You don’t have to deny.” Teasing her at the same time.

 

“Ugh, come on!!!” Seohyun stomps her feet under the table, whining in the process. “You have to believe me!!!” as her entire body is blushing.

 

“You’re so adorable… “ Jessica chuckles. “But okay, I will believe you. Either way, that’s your love life. And I’m happy to know because it’s been a while since you got interested with someone.” ‘And it’s with my ex. This is exciting.’ She thought at the back of her head.

 

“Aigoo, whatever.” Seohyun shrugs her shoulders, grabbing back her fork and dig on her salad.

 

“Being jealous is really the start of it, you know.”

 

“Just drop it. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” She scolded, earning a stuck of her tongue from the blonde. ‘And it should be you telling me what happened back there though. Geez.’

 

“By the way, I had a lunch with Yoona yesterday.”

 

Seohyun almost dropped her fork after hearing it. “What?” as it never comes to her mind that her best friend will be the one sharing it.

 

“I wasn’t really planning to because Krystal called me for lunch. It was quite a coincidence that the restaurant is owned by your ‘friend’.” Jessica quoted it with her fingers. “So we end up sharing stuffs about business here and there… and she mentioned about you.”

 

“Why would she?” Seohyun’s heart skips a beat.

 

“Well, she shared how did you guys meet… and then she-“

 

“Stop. I-I don’t want to hear it.” However, she suddenly doesn’t want to hear what Yoona have shared about her to her best friend.

 

“Why not?” Jessica is amused. The way her best friend reacts is just so cute. She wanted to pinch her cheeks so bad that’s still blushing.

 

“I just don’t. Um, please just keep it to yourself.” Seohyun replied with an awkward smile.

 

‘Aigoo… is this how she looks like when she’s in love? Kyaa, I want to put her into my pocket.’ Jessica squeals inside her mind. “Okay.” But just acted coyly outside. “Finish your breakfast already.”

 

Seohyun pouted and complied. ‘That Im Yoona, she better did not tell her what happened in that island.’

 

 

***

 

 

Taking a deep breath and slowly relaxes, Yoona slowly walks inside the cafe Yuri was talking about Seohyun is working. She is a boquet of flowers, quite nervous because she doesn't know if Seohyun will face her or not. But the moment she saw her at the counter, she stopped on her tracks, as she suddenly holds her breath, as she finds herself, caught by an angel, who is unaware of her presence, because of how busy she is, making drinks for costumers. It's the first time, watching her in that uniform and the way she would address the costumer with such genuine smiles. Her lips unconsciously curved into a smile. 'She looks more than attractive right now.' She thought, couldn't looked away.

 

However, everything stops when someone bumps behind her, snapping her back to reality. She composes herself back and cleared , slowly walking into the counter, just on time there are two costumers left. She waited patiently until it was her time, she greeted her with a small smile. "Hi." as soon as their eyes meet, her heart skips a beat.

 

"What... " Seohyun could greet back right away, especially when she saw Yoona is holding flowers that confuse her and at the same time surprised her. "... What's your order?" But she quickly acted up and asked her, since there are three more behind her.

 

Yoona is slightly stunned, however she realized Seohyun is glancing to her back, which made sense. "I'm... Uh... " she panics as she looked up to see the menu on the board. "C-Ca-caramel latte? And-and... chocolate cake please." she flashes a shameless smile that instant.

 

"Alright." Seohyun casually put her attention away from Yoona and work on her order. She went back on her a few minutes later with a tray of her order and the deer handed her, her payment. But before she let her go, she wrote something on the tissue paper and put it on the tray. Then she grabs the flowers from her grasps. "Next please." and she gives her a meaningful smile.

 

Yoona slowly left but couldn't get her eyes off of the girl behind the counter. She has no idea what's on the folded tissue but she felt positive.

 

As she settles down, she took the tissue and unfolded it.

 

Wait for me in your seat until there are no more costumers.

 

She has the best smile appearing on her face at the moment after reading the message. She glances to the younger girl and the latter caught her, which made shows her a finger heart, giggling in the process.

 

Seohyun did not react but smile once she turns around to continue on her work.

 

'Why I didn't see this coming?' Yoona is feeling giddy inside. 'I should have confidence since I decided to try it again. But...it's worth it.' And her lips are just as wide as earlier. She couldn't help once again check on her. But she didn't stay long and enjoy her chocolate cake.

 

Moments later, Seohyun approached her and took a seat across her. She almost immediately grabs her tissue paper and wipes her pair of lips.

 

"I thought I wouldn't see you back... I was planning to see you in your restaurant." said Seohyun as a matter of fact. "But glad you are here, I don't have to do it." she flashes a friendly smile.

 

"Chincha? Well, I don't want to waste some time anymore. I know what I did last-"

 

"That's what I am planning to talk about. What happened yesterday... I was truly... childish. I mean, I immediately jumps into conclusions when I found you and my best friend having lunch together... I thought there's something else that's going on between you and her... But glad there wasn't." Seohyun ended her words in an almost audible voice because she realizes what she just bubble. She blushes and couldn't look straight in the eyes towards the young chef.

 

Speechless and somehow confuse, Yoona barely could grasp what she learned. She doesn't know if she's implying something or not but there's a question that pops up on her head, "What did Jessica told you?"

 

"She just cleared it that there wasn't anything fishy about your lunch. But seriously, I was upset. I thought we're going to have lunch together that time." Seohyun pouted her lips and looked down.

 

'Aigoo, my heart... ' Yoona thought couldn't help and smile like a fool to the sight before her. She feels like squeezing her at the moment. "Why don't we... do it then?" but acted cool outside. "I mean, you are not going to be busy until lunch time, right?"

 

Seohyun shyly shakes her head.

 

"Good." Yoona looked at her wrist watch and there are 30 minutes left only for lunch. "I think it's good chance now." She gets up, grabs Seohyun's hand and gently pulled her up from her seat, dragging her along with her out of the restaurant.

 

"W-Wait. What's the rush? I still have-"

 

"Just call your secretary that you're going out early." Yoona interrupted before the younger girl can decline her stop her from bringing her to her car. She didn't wasted time and opens the car door in the passenger seat and ushers her to step inside. As soon as she was in, she excitedly took the driver's seat and flashes a sweet smile to the younger one, who smiled back at her while she's putting on her own seat belt. She put her focus on the road and slowly drives off. "I'm really happy you're not upset anymore." she couldn't control herself and she told her with a giggle.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter